Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,422 members, 7,812,239 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? (4397 Views)

Help Me Wish My Daughter HBD / 11 Harmful Lies Your Mind Loves To Tell You / Help To Wish My Lovely Boy Happy Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu: But we have succesful men going to the village to marry poor girls

If women tell us its love, we should have Bankers or Oil workers going to marry Mechanics and Carpentars like some Oyinbos do

What does a woman stand to gain that she won't gain from marrying someone on her level or in her social circle? For the men that go and look for village girls, they have clear reasons for it and benefits they hope to gain (looking for virgins/slaves/'good girls'/someone they can oppress). So that's why they would go out of their way to go look for a woman beneath their level to marry. What exactly would make a banker deliberately go out of her way to start hanging out in the motor parks to look for a husband?

5 Likes

Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by AngelDina(f): 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
baby_123:

You must be a Nigerian girl. That phrase is so Nigerian. ROTFLMAO. i feel you though. The heat in Nigeria alone will dry you out on a bicycle. Man must survive.
HAHAHAHAHa sorry I'm not so nigerian girl and its my mind thought so i said it might be its a quote in nigeria or from other country smiley ......!!you can go through my profile you get to know who i am and from where i belongs too ..!
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
AngelDina: HAHAHAHAHa sorry I'm not so nigerian girl and its my mind thought so i said it might be its a quote in nigeria or from other country smiley ......!!you can go through my profile you get to know who i am and from where i belongs too ..!

Kya chal raha in
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

What does a woman stand to gain that she won't gain from marrying someone on her level or in her social circle? For the men that go and look for village girls, they have clear reasons for it and benefits they hope to gain (looking for virgins/slaves/'good girls'/someone they can oppress). So that's why they would go out of their way to go look for a woman beneath their level to marry. What exactly would make a banker deliberately go out of her way to start hanging out in the motor parks to look for a husband?

I thought they said love is blind and moves in random ways. Its either love as we are made to believe is a condition of the mind e.g Susan can only "Love" people on her level or above her not anyone below

Or does female love only moves within their own level and above?
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by damiso(f): 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

I thought they said love is blind and moves in random ways. Its either love as we are made to believe is a condition of the mind e.g Susan can only "Love" people on her level or above her not anyone below

Or does female love only moves within their own level and above?

Unfortunately even the love of God is based on some conditions.Lets not kid ourselves everybody loves based on some conditions.Maybe the love of a mother and child, even that one sef, there are conditions.
Even men and women(myself included) who say they married for love had some conditions in place to 'fall in love'.

Hollywood, Mills and Boon type falling head over in love is really rare in real life.
E.g DK based on your vocal stance on reliant depedent women, I dont think you can ever 'fall in love' with one grin grin grin grin.So financial independence is a condition
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 6:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
damiso:

Unfortunately even the love of God is based on some conditions.Lets not kid ourselves everybody loves based on some conditions.Maybe the love of a mother and child, even that one sef, there are conditions.
Even men and women(myself included) who say they married for love had some conditions in place to 'fall in love'.

Hollywood, Mills and Boon type falling head over in love is really rare in real life.
E.g DK based on your vocal stance on reliant depedent women, I dont think you can ever 'fall in love' with one grin grin grin grin.So financial independence is a condition

Most men agrees love is conditional, And i agree as well

Its womenfolks who preach it that "Accept me as I am if you love me" Love is unconditional" Yet act in direct opposite of what they say
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by AngelDina(f): 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Kya chal raha in
sorry ??
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
AngelDina: sorry ??

aap hindi jaante hain kya?
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by AngelDina(f): 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
what ??
dayokanu:

aap hindi jaante hain kya?
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

I thought they said love is blind and moves in random ways.

Deliberately going to hang out in the market looking for a pepper seller is not 'moving in random ways'. A banker is only going to mix with people near her level on a good day. So for her to deliberately go about stalking vulcanizer's shops for a husband is not random. So tell me, why would she go out of her way to do this?
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

Deliberately going to hang out in the market looking for a pepper seller is not 'moving in random ways'. A banker is only going to mix with people near her level on a good day. So for her to deliberately go about stalking vulcanizer's shops for a husband is not random. So tell me, why would she go out of her way to do this?

A banker deals with different people daily. She buys meat from single guys, Services her car from single guys or ride buses driven by single guys, Gets her furniture fixed by single guys, and single guys are the ones opening gates for her

I would say there are more opportunities for her to meet single guys below her level but she only conditions herself to marry those on her level and above

Thats selective
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
Funny thread. Una well done oh grin

Money makes the world go round cool
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

A banker deals with different people daily. She buys meat from single guys, Services her car from single guys or ride buses driven by single guys, Gets her furniture fixed by single guys, and single guys are the ones opening gates for her

I would say there are more opportunities for her to meet single guys below her level but she only conditions herself to marry those on her level and above

I disagree. How does she start dating the guy that comes to fix her furniture once in a blue moon when he's done and gone? Or her mechanic that she probably has her driver drop her car off for? Versus the fellow banker that she sees everyday, probably has lunch together with, attend company functions together and so forth? If you're saying she should make a move on them to keep them around her, then I will ask again, what does she stand to gain by deliberately going after a poor man that she hasn't even gotten a chance to know or like vs dating her co worker that she already knows and likes?
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by baby124: 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
AngelDina: what ??

O gb'ede ara india. Naija ponbele ni e. Ku ise omo dada. Ko lo sori oke, ki olorun gbo adura e. cheesy tongue
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
baby_123:

O gb'ede ara india. Naija ponbele ni e. Ku ise omo dada. Ko lo sori oke, ki olorun gbo adura e. cheesy tongue

LMFAO cheesy cheesy omo echo wink

1 Like

Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by bukatyne(f): 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
baby_123:

O gb'ede are india. Naija ponbele ni e. Ku ise omo dada. Ko lo sori oke, ki olorun gbo adura e. cheesy tongue

Lol!
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by damiso(f): 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Most men agrees love is conditional, And i agree as well

Its womenfolks who preach it that "Accept me as I am if you love me" Love is unconditional" Yet act in direct opposite of what they say

Me my own love get condition o grin
I did not necessarily marry for money, my husband is not rich neither is he from a wealthy family.He still is not wealthy (I thank God for where we are goin grin) but I sure as hell would not have married him if he was a lazy, layabout with no drive, no ambition lai lai.Would not have done that to my future kids lai lai.I certainly also would not have married him no matter how much I loved him if he did not at least have some level of intelligence.

My own love wears glasses. grin grin.It went to spec savers cool
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
damiso:

Don't mind Dayo jor! A thread where the topic is about someone wanting to marry for money no less! The OP has said she doesn't want to marry for love. He's attacking her. Now he's trying to attack the ones he imagine are marrying for love. Make up your mind?!
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

I disagree. How does she start dating the guy that comes to fix her furniture once in a blue moon when he's done and gone? Or her mechanic that she probably has her driver drop her car off for? Versus the fellow banker that she sees everyday, probably has lunch together with, attend company functions together and so forth? If you're saying she should make a move on them to keep them around her, then I will ask again, what does she stand to gain by deliberately going after a poor man that she hasn't even gotten a chance to know or like vs dating her co worker that she already knows and likes?

In most banks she cant date within her organisation

So those guys she sees everyday she cant date

And her next stop is her driver, mechanic, carpentar and maiguard.

So why is she not dating those
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
damiso:

Me my own love get condition o grin
I did not necessarily marry for money, my husband is not rich neither is he from a wealthy family.He still is not wealthy (I thank God for where we are goin grin) but I sure as hell would not have married him if he was a lazy, layabout with no drive, no ambition lai lai.Would not have done that to my future kids lai lai.I certainly also would not have married him no matter how much I loved him if he did not at least have some level of intelligence.

WHo works harder than those Mechanics, Carpentars bricklayers?

If hard work was your criteria

Dami you should have married that vulcaniser guy on your street. So tell us another story
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by damiso(f): 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

WHo works harder than those Mechanics, Carpentars bricklayers?

If hard work was your criteria

Dami you should have married that vulcaniser guy on your street. So tell us another story
Maybe I should have said hubby too had conditions.Why did he too not marry that girl that sells agbo at the junction in challenge?

We are saying the same thing, I am not denying I had conditions.Same as you too would never marry an alabodo tongue
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

In most banks she cant date within her organisation

So those guys she sees everyday she cant date

And her next stop is her driver, mechanic, carpentar and maiguard.

So why is she not dating those

Are they the ones that will come and toast her? No. Why should she go out of her way to toast them when she has other options following her around? If you're talking about someone that has no other options, then you are helping me prove my point.
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 10:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
damiso:
Maybe I should have said hubby too had conditions.Why did he too not marry that girl that sells agbo at the junction in challenge?

We are saying the same thing, I am not denying I had conditions.Same as you too would never marry an alabodo tongue

Naija men have nothing to prove, they have married lower level women regularly,

I needed you as an example of a Naija woman to marry some of those bricklayers with rippling muscles and 6 packs
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

Are they the ones that will come and toast her? No. Why should she go out of her way to toast them when she has other options following her around? If you're talking about someone that has no other options, then you are helping me prove my point.

Why would a old banker and a confident woman with all her effizy be waiting for a man to toast her?

Why doesnt she make the move and prove to us what a man can do a woman can do better?
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
AngelDina: what ??

You dont speak Hindi?
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by damiso(f): 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

I needed you as an example of a Naija woman to marry some of those bricklayers with rippling muscles and 6 packs

Sorry too late grin grin grin.
But you must agree that most naija men are intimidated by women who they percieve to be more successful than they are.Besides marriage is also based on compatibility. Mc Oluomo is a rich area boy who probably used to be a danfo driver or conductor but I still would not marry him cos we would have nothing to talk about.
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by deols(f): 10:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

The result of such marriages doesn't help at all.

inferiority complex exhibited by such men are so much heard of. It makes other women think twice.

A marriage of so many years broke down and the problem stems from the issue of Class.
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Why would a old banker and a confident woman with all her effizy be waiting for a man to toast her?

Why doesnt she make the move and prove to us what a man can do a woman can do better?

Shifting the goal post much? Abeg pick one point and stick to it. What has a woman got to gain by ignoring the men on her level and deliberately going for those on a much lower level?
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by SisiKill1: 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
Don't know about y'all ladies but nothing gets me weak kneed, going hubba hubba, oh la la, be still my heart....break me off a piece of that than the sight of a man in his oil and filth covered overalls.

Don't even get me started on what the wrinkled and dirty beyond what the human mind thinks possible hands and feet, scraggly face, the smell wafting from his bushy engine oil covered hair..

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! God! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yeeeeeeeeessssssss!!!! Yeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

YES!!!!!!

Stick a fork in me....I am so done. cool

7 Likes

Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Don't know about y'all ladies but nothing gets me weak kneed, going hubba hubba, oh la la, be still my heart....break me off a piece of that than the sight of a man in his oil and filth covered overalls.

Don't even get me started on what the wrinkled and dirty beyond what the human mind thinks possible hands and feet, scraggly face, the smell wafting from his bushy engine oil covered hair..

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! God! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yeeeeeeeeessssssss!!!! Yeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

YES!!!!!!

Stick a fork in me....I am so done. cool

Bwahahahahaha!! Oh oh oh, yes yes yes YES??!! Rotfl!! Craze woman!!!
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by dayokanu(m): 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

Shifting the goal post much? Abeg pick one point and stick to it. What has a woman got to gain by ignoring the men on her level and deliberately going for those on a much lower level?

The men below her are no less Masculine that the richer guys

Is love about what to gain?

Okay she would gain the hardworking , well ripped , testosterone filled, great in bed guy who loves her to death

Or what else are people supposed to gain from a love affair
Re: I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? by SisiKill1: 11:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
ileobatojo:

Bwahahahahaha!! Oh oh oh, yes yes yes YES??!! Rotfl!! Craze woman!!!

I couldn't very well allow Dayokanu to keep thinking mechanics can't get no love.

So YESSSSSSS!! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uhrobo Wa Do. / Should A Man Keep Quiet When His Wife Is Insulted By Her Junior Sister / Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.