Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting (3170 Views)

Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator / Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Uche Ekwunife Of The PDP As Senator / INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by Ptimes: 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Attahiru Jega, on Tuesday assured that the Commission will improve on its performance in the 2015 general elections.

Mr. Jega stated this during the public presentation of INEC Strategic Plan (2012-2016) in Abuja where the Deputy Chairman, Senate Committee on INEC, Alkali Jajere, ruled out electronic voting in the 2015 polls.

Mr. Jega, who was responding to the suggestions made by the leaders of some of the political parties that INEC should sit up in order to ensure smooth and successful polls, come 2015, said the Commission would be transparent and accountable to retain the confidence stakeholders have in it.

He said INEC junior staff as well the ad-hoc ones would be monitored to ensure they do not give the commission a bad name during the election.

The INEC chairman recalled that upon assumption of duties, he made it clear his administration would not condone violation of the electoral laws and other rules by any staff, adding that the principles have so far helped tremendously.

“We made it very, very clear when we came in, I think in one of the first interactive sessions we had with the staff of INEC, that we have drawn the line,” he said.

“We will not investigate any crass violation that we have met but we have said that we are not going to be looking for fault but we are drawing the line.

“We will not ask anybody to do anything wrong and whoever does anything wrong will have him or herself to blame. That has been our guiding principles and it has helped tremendously.

“No doubt, I must tell you that my own perception of what has happened is that certainly there are few bad eggs and the things that they have done have not impinge on the image of the entire members of the Commission.

“It is very clear that substantial majority of INEC staff are always okay, all they require is motivation and encouragement,” he added.

Mr. Jega said the Commission has not carried out any major purge of its staff, though a few of them have been retired or dismissed. According to him, most of the commission’s staff that conducted the 2007 elections also conducted those of 2011.

“We have not done a massive retrenchment of INEC staff. So, it is the same people, for example, who conducted the 2007 who also conducted the 2011 elections,” he stated.

“So really I think we should appreciate the fact that all we need to do is to put mechanism, programme of action and motivation and inspiration that we have to do to get the best of the staff in INEC. We will continue to do our best to justify the confidence that stakeholders have in us.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/139669-jega-promises-improved-2015-elections-as-senator-rules-out-electronic-voting.html
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by deda(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2013
I wonder how we will have a free and fair election in 2015 . At the moment INEC is not being sincere with the situation on ground with regards junior staff . The so caller Junior staff will continue giving them bad names if the injustice presently been meted out to them is not looked into. Do Nigerians knw that some of this junior staff have over 6 yrs working experience with bsc and MSC qualifications and have been seeking for upgrade for the past 4yrs. But inec went ahead to recruit graduates early this yr to be their ogas and u want them to feel hapi abi?
Let them continue to wait for a free and fair elections indeed.
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by abatajjvii: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
if Jega doesn't cooperate with oga at the top na .......
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by gbogboti: 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
My brother, its not only in INEC you see rubbish like this, its everywhere. I need not to say more...

deda: I wonder how we will have a free and fair election in 2015 . At the moment INEC is not being sincere with the situation on ground with regards junior staff . The so caller Junior staff will continue giving them bad names if the injustice presently been meted out to them is not looked into. Do Nigerians knw that some of this junior staff have over 6 yrs working experience with bsc and MSC qualifications and have been seeking for upgrade for the past 4yrs. But inec went ahead to recruit graduates early this yr to be their ogas and u want them to feel hapi abi?
Let them continue to wait for a free and fair elections indeed.
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by babaowo: 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
For Nigeria to move forward in anything, we need an effective data base,but Nigeria government is a joke because its very easy for them to implement electronic passport,driving license,but they find it difficult to do the samething on voter's card which is more important than of those mentioned earlier.we are not ready yet....
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by christ4mi(f): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
I have never vote, and 2015 will not be different. I will in room tweeting on election day, period
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by hensben(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
We re waiting....
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
Alright. Nigerians ll be impatient with any mago mago, come 2015.
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by Symphony007: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
I was just watching a joint press conference between pres. Obama and pres. Sal of senegal. Obama just called the greatest and stable countries in west africa. He called ghana,senegal,LIBERIA,SIERRA LEONE,MALI,NIGER and he did'nt call nigeria. It was jaw dropping.
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Abeg make i quick comment b4 seun go say i neva cum since morning.

Nor be only improve election
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by Okijajuju1(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
I believe...
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by philusaau(f): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
JEGA IS OUR PRESIDENT.

J = Jonathan

E = Ebele

G = Goodluck

A = Azikiwe.

2 Likes

Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by klasiknonie(f): 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
philusaau: JEGA IS OUR PRESIDENT.

J = Jonathan

E = Ebele

G = Goodluck

A = Azikiwe.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by Marynneka(f): 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
Ok! If promising a free and fair election is what you are saying, i believe the era of promises is over but a period whereby a spade should be called a spade. Meaning action not sweet words.
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by maira09(f): 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
@jega u ar a old fool tongue[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by Wendyslim(f): 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
Hmmmm we dey wait or else it will be brutal.
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by shinealight(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by donPhill(m): 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
hope so...
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by begwong: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
JEGA try to run all the elections in one day period!
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by Bleszin(f): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
STORY STORY....!!!!
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by uromicom: 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
Oboy goodluck how ASO ROCK now hope flexing dey there i hear say u wan raise ur hand for 2015 guyz for area say make i tell u say we dey ur back oo as far say peper go rest for guyz my chairman say make i tell u make u leave buhari and he cattle boko boyz say dey go hail if time reach... in other news we hear say America put money for there leader head ooo but all these cattle boyz no one involve south south for the parol any way sha we dey watch ur back badly for our end any body when wan climb fence we go shoot am for yansh any way my ink wan finish i go drop my pen here sha for now i still remain ur loyal boy okpakororona roro ogene otie AKA clever bad mouth
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by Siraleeyu(m): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: I was just watching a joint press conference between pres. Obama and pres. Sal of senegal. Obama just called the greatest and stable countries in west africa. He called ghana,senegal,LIBERIA,SIERRA LEONE,MALI,NIGER and he did'nt call nigeria. It was jaw dropping.
and so Who cares Let him mention all the countries in africa nd xclude Nigeria, that won't change anything!!!
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by Siraleeyu(m): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: I was just watching a joint press conference between pres. Obama and pres. Sal of senegal. Obama just called the greatest and stable countries in west africa. He called ghana,senegal,LIBERIA,SIERRA LEONE,MALI,NIGER and he did'nt call nigeria. It was jaw dropping.
Re: Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting by shawn3586(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=uromicom post=16494267]Oboy goodluck how ASO ROCK now hope flexing dey there i hear say u wan raise ur hand for 2015 guyz for area say make i tell u say we dey ur back oo as far say peper go rest for guyz my chairman say make i tell u make u leave buhari and he cattle boko boyz say dey go hail if time reach... in other news we hear say America put money for there leader head ooo but all these cattle boyz no one involve south south for the parol any way sha we dey watch ur back badly for our end any body when wan climb fence we go shoot am for yansh any way my ink wan finish i go drop my pen here sha for now i still remain ur loyal boy okpakororona roro ogene otie AKA clever bad mouth[/quote
Lolzzz

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Knows I Am In Daura APC - Pastor Tunde Bakare (read Full Interview) / ORIGINAL WAEC RESULT.............. Is Needed Not Statement Of Result? / PHOTOS-PDP'S Likely 2019 Pairing, Ribadu-Peter Obi At Thisday Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.