Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,916 members, 7,824,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect (59480 Views)

Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" / Saraki Swears In Benjamin Uwajumogu As Senator (Photos) / INEC Rejects Governorship Nominations Of Parties In Seven States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Obaiyski(m): 7:16am On Apr 10, 2015
Umuahia, the Abia State cap­ital, was agog on Monday evening following informa­tion that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has rejected the result being paraded by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as being that of Abia Central District.

Daily Sun gathered that Gov Theodore Orji was roundly beaten at the poll including in his polling unit, ward and local government by the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Ahamdi Emmanuel Nweke, but that PDP in connivance some Independent National Electoral (INEC) officials allegedly manipulated the result in favour of the governor.

It was also gathered that following complaints lodged at the INEC headquarters, Abuja, a three-man committee was set up to look into the allegation of result manipulation.

“Although the committee’s report has not been made public, but a source revealed the APGA candidate won the election and members are taking their findings back to the INEC headquarters.

When news of the development filtered into town, the capital city went agog with residents saying that at last, the man they voted for, would represent them in the Senate.

A prominent Umuahia chief, who hails from the same area with Gov Orji, was said to have held an elaborate party to celebrate the development.

Addressing newsmen, Chief Nweke said there was no time he had doubt about his ability to defeat Gov Orji at the poll, stating that his non-performance in office made victory easier for him.

Nweke said it was not only that he defeated Orji, but that he beat him at his (governor’s) polling unit, which, according to him, meant his kinsmen rejected him and that he also defeated the governor at the wife’s polling unit.

He said: “If I could beat the governor at his polling unit and that of his wife, all in Umuahia, which means total rejection by his kinsmen, where else could he get the votes that will make him to defeat me? Could it be from my own ward and local government? It’s impossible.

“How could people have voted for APGA and they are writing a different result? That’s why I like what INEC at the headquarters is doing; it will restore people’s confidence in the system.

“T.A Orji should emulate President Goodluck Jonathan and concede defeat so that peace will reign in the area. If President Jonathan with all the powers at his beck could concede defeat, why shouldn’t T.A Orji?” While thanking the outgoing President for his statesmanship by not allowing the blood of innocent Nigerians to be shed in the pursuit of self-satisfaction and urge for power, he called on President Jonathan to call to order one of his ministers, who he said had been using the military and other agencies of government to rig elections in the state and also intimidating opposition party members.

He also called on the chairman of INEC, Prof Attahiru Jega and other stakeholders to ensure credible polls on Saturday, alleging that they have obtained reports on the plot by the PDP to hire thugs from Abala Ibeme in Obingwa LGA and Rivers State to unleash mayhem on Abians in the nine local govern­ment areas of Ngwaland, set the famous Ariaria International Market ablaze as well as cause confusion among voters on the day of the election.

He also alleged of an ongoing thumbprinting of fake ballot papers in an undisclosed location in Ngwaland, plans to rig the election among other hidden agenda including the planned mass arrest of APGA senior officials a few days to the gover­norship poll.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113429

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by couragekebs(m): 7:23am On Apr 10, 2015
ghen ghen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Nnewi1stSon: 7:23am On Apr 10, 2015
This news will make my week if confirmed to be true, TA's place is in jail, and I hope he lands there.

217 Likes 18 Shares

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 10, 2015
the best news So far.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:25am On Apr 10, 2015
T.A Orji onye ekwekwe.

He should honourably concede defeat and enjoy his loot. Failures like him are not supposed to be involved in politics any longer.

Its a shame that even in his own hometown,he is a persona non-grata.

Tufiakwa!

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Menace2Society(m): 7:26am On Apr 10, 2015
T A Orji by all means u are our Senator!We all love u grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by braine(m): 7:27am On Apr 10, 2015
PDP! Chai!

7 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Rilwayne001: 7:27am On Apr 10, 2015
Good
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by geedeex2(m): 7:30am On Apr 10, 2015
Chai
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Burger01(m): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2015
PDP and cheats! Rivers next abegsmiley

42 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by yhusiee(f): 7:36am On Apr 10, 2015
Hmmm, jst observing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by hurricaneChris: 7:43am On Apr 10, 2015
When I see people like TA Orji, I feel happy about the arrival of Buhari.

But people around the general pose big doubt over that happiness.

TA Orji bu amusu. Okwesiri ka onwuo na mkporo.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by 2fine2fast(m): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2015
I knew it.
How would any sane human being
vote that scum bag for any elective
position again after his 8 years of
madness?

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by 2fine2fast(m): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2015
I knew it.
How will any sane human being
madness?

8 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by dunkem21(m): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2015
Good news.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by yuncka: 7:48am On Apr 10, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
T.A Orji onye ekwekwe.

He should honourably concede defeat and enjoy his loot. Failures like him are not supposed to be involved in politics any longer.

Its a shame that even in his own hometown,he is a persona non-grata.

Tufiakwa!

God forbid! enjoy wich loot? he should beta start paying all the workers he's owing. and get ready to face EFCC.

43 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by aieromon(m): 7:48am On Apr 10, 2015
T.A Orji crippled Abia so bad that I wonder the ghosts that voted for him.

I hope INEC gets to the bottom of this.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by tunwumi: 7:49am On Apr 10, 2015
This is just the beginning. There will be more to go. This set of criminal think they can do anything and go with it just like that.

It a season of change more to come. I expect to see this type of judgement from the north and west too.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2015
yuncka:

God forbid! enjoy wich loot? he should beta start paying all the workers he's owing. and get ready to face EFCC.
Oh he owes workers too? Buhari must hear this.

Lalasticlala

21 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by giantstrides(m): 7:53am On Apr 10, 2015
interesting development, these politicians have to realise the people are wiser now .

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Caseless: 7:54am On Apr 10, 2015
Not even BUHARI's victory could have given me more joy than this news, if found to be true.

Since this report is coming from SUN newspaper(orji uzo kalu has a hand here), I reserve my comment here.

10 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by cupidFlint(m): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2015
Keep calm Abians as my governor elect, Dr. Alex Otti is coming to reclaim your lost assets and money stolen by T.A.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by abduljabbar4(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2015
I said it. There is no way you could prove that pdp didn't rig in the ss/ss. This is very good
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 10, 2015
If INEC did issue him a certificate of return or has declared him elected, then the safest thing for APGA to do is to approach the Tribunal for redress.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by arsetalks(m): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2015
2fine2fast:
I knew it.
How would any sane human being
madness?
he was brought from jail to be governor. Says it all.
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Realdeals(m): 7:57am On Apr 10, 2015
Very serious!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by driand(m): 7:59am On Apr 10, 2015
barcanista:
Typin
reading!

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by omenka(m): 8:00am On Apr 10, 2015
BooooM!!

Lmao. grin

When that guy was announced winner, I knew something must have gone horribly wrong somewhere. If the opinions from social media and a lot of folks from Abia are anything to go by, then one could conclude that niccur is the most unpopular governor in this country.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Karanka: 8:02am On Apr 10, 2015
Abia must be liberated...

19 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by doctokwus: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2015
Eventhough I wud very much have wished this news is true,but I doubt if INEC can reject a result that has been returned and has been announced.
Furthermore,in d article itself, d sun which is a known anti theodore orji mouthpiece said a report from an investigating team has been submitted,with d hope d result will b reviewed.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2015
Good one, no matter who defeated TA Urji, it calls for celebration.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: Is Gov. Ameachi The Funniest Governor Nigeria Had Ever Had? / See Gbajabiamila Outfit As He Contests For House Of Reps Speaker / Marginalization: MURIC Alleges Foul Play As Igbo, Yoruba Dominate Sokoto List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.