Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,038 members, 7,838,597 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal (104641 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Journal 2 / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by twinskenny(m): 7:49am On Jul 23, 2013
been a while oga Brabus nice job.... hope the electrical pipes are all 25mm? and remember commmunication conduit as well..

Good job
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
brabus:

FYI,

Generally, floors are designed to support the weight of the slab (called dead load) and the weight of furnitures, equipments, and the inhabitants (called live load). However, dead load is much greater than the live load on concrete floors. So we should not depend on the live load capacity of a floor slab to support the weight of workers, materials and concrete from the first floor. Otherwise, we will overload the slab and then theres deflection.

So, the normal assumption is that the concrete will reach full strength in a month (28 days). However, the slab can achieve 70 to 75% of 28 day strength (with proper curing method) in seven days during which it may be considered as strong enough to hold its dead load and some live load.

The Recommendation

To shore the formwork, workers, and the poured concrete at the first floor level so that the loads from the first floor to the slab below is equally distributed to safely support the live and dead loads. With that, you can safely commence block works on the upper level few days (3 - 5 days) after pouring the slab and even do more within a short period of time. But there's a caveat, if possible avoid mixing your concrete on the upper slab to avoid deflection. Leave the props for over a month till the slab achieve full strength.

Oga Brabus. Thank you for your detailed explanation, you have explained more than what I needed to learn.
Although, I will never be a Builder, I am just an inquisitive kind of person.. always willing to learn.
Thank you and God bless.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:43am On Jul 24, 2013
I have been very busy over the past few days and so the blog update have not been as frequent as it used to be. I'm going to try and get back to making short regular posts again.

With that in mind, here is a very short progress update:

We are currently in the process of topping the lintels of the Chateau and the "A Team" of NextHome Builders are already on their way to take up the first floor slab formwork and reinforcement. I'm so sure all the block works should be completed by the end of the day. Yesterday, the electrical pipes were buried inside the wall through the lintels high up.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2013
You remember this project...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2013
The team who built the ground beam in the last pic above are NextHomes' "A-Team" and they are already in town to tackle the first floor slab.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:55am On Jul 24, 2013
Day 19: Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...

Its 19 days since we broke ground.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:59am On Jul 24, 2013
More pictures from the site..

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:03am On Jul 24, 2013
The soak away will be plastered today in preparation for the pouring of the first floor slab. We intend to use it to store water for the rest of the project.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:13am On Jul 24, 2013
No one can ruin your day without your permission. Make the very best of your day, today!

Work Mode Activated

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by kopell: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2013
@Brabus at speed of light good job.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
Picture Update: Topping of the lintels half way up.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
Plastering of the soak away ongoing. Meanwhile the carpenters are preparing the formwork's

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by egin(m): 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ brabus. You are a doing a fantastic job here. Keep it up especially the picture updates.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
Project Update:

Stage 2 completed, we are now moving on to Stage 3 (First floor slab).

Stage commences tomorrow.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kai, i used to think Chief Brabus was my guy oh . . . how could he be doing this great mansion and i no know . . . . God dey oh
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Picture updates

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
and..

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:47am On Jul 25, 2013
Rain, Rain, Go Away
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
Watching and Learning
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2013
Hey Sir Fhemmmy, I'm honoured to have you on our thread.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2013
First floor slab formwork in progress.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Fhemmmy: 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
brabus: Hey Sir Fhemmmy, I'm honoured to have you on our thread.

You be my Oga at the Top oh
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
We love this thread, Keep It Up Bro!

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:01am On Jul 28, 2013
First floor rebar preparations started and work underway getting the form in place for pouring first floor slab. Meanwhile, I'm presently out of town to tidy up arrangements for a new and upcoming project in Lagos. I'll be back with more picture updates later tmrw.

Thanks.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
Heh! Oga brabus, how are things going? I hope the rain is not disturbing the decking work?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
mufutau55: Heh! Oga brabus, how are things going? I hope the rain is not disturbing the decking work?

Hajji Mufutau

We are pushing the project o. Here are few pictures to feed your eyes

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
More pictures

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
And more...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
And the tank...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
Work moving along quickly getting form in place for first floor slab. Work continues tomorrow. Meanwhile, rebar is being bent for the spiral staircase.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
brabus: Work moving along quickly getting form in place for first floor slab. Work continues tomorrow. Meanwhile, rebar is being bent for the spiral staircase.

I am glad to see things are really progressing nicely. God bless.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Sagewood: 6:35am On Jul 30, 2013
Great pace! Keep up the good job!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (49) (Reply)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.