Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,597 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal (104640 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Journal 2 / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by ceasare: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
@brabus: nice work u got goin down there. Rule nos 1 (for construction mgrs): Never leave your site at the hands of ur foreman/supervisor at infancy(foundation) stage no matter how vast or knowledgeable they are cos if anything goes wrong you are accountable to d client as d contractor not ur foreman.(dont forget d portharcourt experience/jaydacorsair)
Rule nos 2 dont forget rule nos 1.
Plan your work sequence very well so that you dont dug up every portion of the site in d name of filling d foundation,those digging can cost u constraint on site as d work progresses and labor cost eventually.

Wish you success.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
^^^ Thank you so much. I'll keep to the rules. My hungry supervisor is now the one continuing the project in PH. At least he got what he wanted.

I was just made an object of ridicule for nothing other than greed of my supervisor. It would have been nice if he (the supervisor) has approached me for a sub-contract than to mess up the project just to make everyone look stupid. I knew the game plan but i just choose to absorb all blames to ensure that things were corrected. Well, that's gone now. Wishing him the very best in all his endeavors. One thing I'm so happy about is that I left a very solid foundation behind for him to build on. The building will surely stand.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Degis(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
If Judas did not betray Jesus Christ, the World may not have experienced salvation through our Lord Jesus, Brabus, see every challenge on your way as steps towards achieving your goals

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
Casting in progress. 70% loading...

This stadium (oh sorry, house) is so BIG!!!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pic updates shortly
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Phoenixgreen(m): 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
I'm so filled with anger right now that I'm reading this "Kings" is doing the job! And you expect me not to take this personal! Forget the fact that i was less informed about the proceeding in PH project but none the less the link to kings name is at stake I've thought about that, as you said "medicine after death..." well to God be the glory who cleared you on that one no more dé javu.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:33am On Jul 18, 2013
GROUND FLOOR SLAB POURED - PICTURE UPDATES ONLY

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:36am On Jul 18, 2013
POURING THE SLAB

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:39am On Jul 18, 2013
MORE PICS

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:42am On Jul 18, 2013
AND

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:46am On Jul 18, 2013
We thank God for successful completion of the first stage of the project. Final pictures of the slab later in the morning.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by remcoface: 2:01am On Jul 18, 2013
brabus: We thank God for successful completion of the first stage of the project. Final pictures of the slab later in the morning.

Thats good to know and please keep it up.Try to get so sleep .
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 3:22am On Jul 18, 2013
Wow! That long? It's really a big mansion true, true. Good and hard work.
Imagine how long it's gonna take for the decking.. Keep up the good hard work.

But then, "Isale oro legbin, ki Oluwa pin wa lere".

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Degis(m): 3:49am On Jul 18, 2013
A quick one Brabus, why did you not use Damp proof to prevent capillarity?. Thanks for answering the question in advance
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by nagodeallah: 5:38am On Jul 18, 2013
brabus: Casting in progress. 70% loading...

This stadium (oh sorry, house) is so BIG!!!
Brabus, what's the dimension of this mansion?. It's looks so huge!.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2013
Degis: A quick one Brabus, why did you not use Damp proof to prevent capillarity?. Thanks for answering the question in advance

We didnt use Damp Proof Membrane because we aren't in a location with high water table. Where high water tables create contact with the slab, it is necessary to waterproof the slab to resist hydrostatic pressures. Luckily for us, even at 7.2m depth we couldn't find any traces of ground water or high water table in our project. However, we've taken into consideration the problem we may encounter due to surface water, run-off from the slope and have put some measure in place to deal with it.

What we've done and what we intend to do

1. Minimize soil moisture around the foundation by using gutters and downspouts to remove roof water, and by installing a drainage system around the foundation. (TO BE DONE)
2. Remove all roots, stumps, and scrap wood from the site before, during, and after construction, including formwork from the foundation. (DONE)
3. Treat soil with herbicide and pesticide. (DONE)
4. Place a solid cap blocks on top of the foundation walls to ensure that no open cores are left exposed. We also fill all blocks at the boundary on the top course with mortar. (DONE)
5. Construct splash apron around the house to allow water to drain away from the house. Our major concern is surface water being a sloping site.
6. Backfill with highly permeable soil. (ONGOING)
7. Your suggestion (TO BE CONSIDERED)
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2013
The Chateau: Ground Floor Slab Poured

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:26am On Jul 18, 2013
and this

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:57am On Jul 18, 2013
The Chateau: The Project Schedule

1. Preliminary Works (Site Clearing/Preparation) Wed. 26 - Sun 30 Ju

- Site Clearing
- Site Store Construction
- Marking Out/Staking out building area
- Water connection
- Delivery of materials for the substructure works (planks, iron rods, sand, granite, blocks, cement etc)
- Setting out/Profiling
- Excavation/Blinding

2. Ground Breaking/Formwork/Reinforcement Mon. 8 - Thurs. 11 Jul.

- Starter columns and column base
- Block Setting (Foundation Wall)
- Boarding of the Starter Columns
- Casting of the Starter Columns

3. Sand Filling/Surface Treatment Fri. 12 - Thurs. 18 Jul.

- Sand Filling
- Wetting/Ramming/Compacting
- Damproofing
- First fix mechanical works
- Carpentry works (Boarding of the vertical sides of the DPC)

4. Casting of the slab/german floor Fri. 19 July

5. Block Setting/Casting of Beams, Columns and Lintels Sat 20 - Wed 31 Jul.

- Materials arrangement and delivery
- Block Setting
- Columns, beams and lintels formwork
- Reinforcement works
- Casting of beams, columns and lintels
- Mechanical/Electrical rough-in works

6. First Floor Slab Formwork/Reinforcement/casting Sat 3 - Sat 17 Aug.

- Carpentry formwork (beams, slab, staircase etc)
- Reinforcement works
- Electrical and Mechanical rough-in works
- Casting of the slab

7. Block Setting/Casting of Beams, Columns, Lintels and Tank Slab Mon 19 - Wed 28 Aug.
- Block work
- Columns, beams and lintels formwork
- Reinforcement works
- Casting of beams, columns and lintels
- Reinforcement/Carpentry works for the Tank Slab
- Casting of the Tank Slab
- Mechanical/Electrical rough-in works

8. Roofing woodwork/aluminum installation Wed 28 - Fri 20 Sept.

NOTE:

The items in red on the schedule are the 'milestones achieved' while the items in black are work yet to be done. Even in the face of excusable delays (harsh weather condition, accessibility issue, distance of the materials to the building site) we were still able to deliver the first stage within schedule.

Today is 'Workers Day' and my workers are on break for the day. Work resumes tomorrow. Meanwhile, we are tidying up arrangements for the Block Setting (Ground Floor)

Best always,

NextHome Builders
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
nagodeallah:
Brabus, what's the dimension of this mansion?. It's looks so huge!.

The footprint of the Chateau stands at 21 x 15.7m
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pre-works Prior to Blockworks - Pictures only

1. Block Delivery
2. Cement already delivered
3. Sand delivered

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
And then there's goodnews...

The first trip of sharp sand made it uphill to the building site using our driveway. What this means to us is that the driveway is now safe for use. At least, we can move all materials for the first floor slab uphill before heavy rain comes again. I decided to check the weather forecast to make plans for the rest of the week. Hopefully, the project should wear a new look by this time next week.

Stay tuned.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
mufutau55:

But then, "Isale oro legbin, ki Oluwa pin wa lere".

Hajji Mufutau

I beg to ask for what you mean by this? Do you buy any chance know the owner of this house?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
jam04:

I beg to ask for what you mean by this? Do you buy any chance know the owner of this house?

You're interpreting Hajji wrongly. I guess he's referring to the rough road we have to pass before making it BIG in life. Especially the stormy water we have to swim in this project before getting to the finish line. Isale Oro l'egbin indeed. Nobody saw me when we are keeping vigil in the thick wood to ensure that the DPC was completed.

Do you get it now?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
jam04:

I was refering to Brabus... if my Yoruba is still good.. It means when Brabus is laboring, going thru all he went thru before this house started, trying to make some money and working until about 2am nobody sees him now, but when the money started rolling in, people will notice it then. Are we cleared?
That was not refering to the owner of the house.. Go and look at the thread/message again sir. Thank you.

Note: Please read Brabus message above this one for you to understand more.. I just added mine to it too.
When you read the end.. it says "Ki Oluwa pin wa lere". That means may God reward us well..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
mufutau55:

I was refering to Brabus... if my Yoruba is still good.. It means when Brabus is laboring, going thru all he went thru before this house started, trying to make some money and working until about 2am nobody sees him now, but when the money started rolling in, people will notice it then. Are we cleared?
That was not refering to the owner of the house.. Go and look at the thread/message again sir. Thank you.

Note: Please read Brabus message above this one for you to understand more.. I just added mine to it too.
When you read the end.. it says "Ki Oluwa pin wa lere". That means may God reward us well..

Hajji Mufutau
I get you now.. That statement could mean the source of wealth is questionable. But now I understand you mean it the other way round in respect to Brabus. May God crown all our effort with success. Amen
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
jam04:
I get you now.. That statement could mean the source of wealth is questionable. But now I understand you mean it the other way round in respect to Brabus. May God crown all our effort with success. Amen

I am glad you got it now.. I don't know the client so I could not make or pass judgement on him/her.
Yoruba language could require deep knowledge of understanding.. you just have to know how to interpret it.
No hard feeling. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
^^^ @jam04, it's not easy mixing concrete some 3 plots (360ft) away from the main building area o. You can imagine what I mean when I said that the first trip of sand made it to the building site today. All materials used for the groundworks were dropped about 100m to almost 1km away from the main site. It's no joke at all!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
Tomorrow, we'll begin to lay the blocks for the Chateau and I don't think it will take very long at all to raise all the walls - in fact, if I I should go by my projection I'm quite confident it would be done in less than a week. Stay tuned for more updates!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
brabus: And then there's goodnews...

The first trip of sharp sand made it uphill to the building site using our driveway. What this means to us is that the driveway is now safe for use. At least, we can move all materials for the first floor slab uphill before heavy rain comes again. I decided to check the weather forecast to make plans for the rest of the week. Hopefully, the project should wear a new look by this time next week.
Stay tuned.

This is one of the best news.. able to get materials right to the project.. As long as the rain hold-off, things should be good. God will help you to complete it at the projected time. God speed.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by esoorita: 7:22am On Jul 19, 2013
Well done Brabus, I'm amazed that in the 21st century,a swimming pool is being dug manually. With the advent of mechanical digger I would have thought there's no need for energy sapping and back breaking manual digging. I think it's cheaper and quicker to use mechanical digger or what do you think?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 8:08am On Jul 19, 2013
brabus:

You're interpreting Hajji wrongly. I guess he's referring to the rough road we have to pass before making it BIG in life. Especially the stormy water we have to swim in this project before getting to the finish line. Isale Oro l'egbin indeed. Nobody saw me when we are keeping vigil in the thick wood to ensure that the DPC was completed.

Do you get it now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.