Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? (2378 Views)

Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Jonathan Wins In Bayelsa / Jonathan Wins Ekiti With 176,474 Votes - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by 1MCN: 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
Often times when I read comments by some people here on NL and in some newspapers in Nigeria like The Nation etc, about how dead sure some people opine that Jonathan will be defeated in the 2015 Presidential election and the way they swear almost with their life I begin to wonder what will happen if Jonathan gets to eventually run and win in that election.
Last time Gen. M. Buhari was reported as saying that dog and baboon will mingle in blood if the next general elections are rigged. It is my hope and prayer that the elections should be free and fair. But the question is, 'what is the definition of a free and fair election?' Is it one in which the opposition wins? Is it only one in which Jonathan looses? Is that the definition of a free and fair election? Because, I doubt if our Opposition with all it's loqaucity can afford to honourably conceed to defeat.
Some Yoruba folks here seem to be so sure (whatever energizes their faith) that they, with the APC apparatus, will most definitely oust the president. They say this with the most dogmatic believe in the merger party that one would wonder if for any reason in life Jonathan returns in 2015 what will happen? Will this noise stop? Will people keep quiet and hide their head in shame? Or will it birth a much loudy noise and madness? Will they sue for seccession?
What will happen to Nigeria and Nigerians if Jonathan wins 2015 Presidential election?

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by slimghost(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
The animals in the North will as usual destroy lives and properties. So i advise all my Igbo and ND brothers to head home because its so so so obvious GEJ is winning the 2015 election.
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by duality(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
@OP, people voice what they want to believe not necessarily because they are really sure of it. Let me be very honest with you, I may not vote for GEJ in 2015 because for now I'm not sure of what will happen. besides, I did not vote for him in 2011 and that did't stop him from winning. I have done a serious consultation and the honest fact is that; if GEJ runs for the presidency in 2015, he will win no matter who runs against him. This may be hard to believe but look, its the hard truth. People can thereafter analyse it scientifically or politically or in whatever way they like. This man's rating will suddenly skyrocket prior to the 2015 election.

The only thing that can stop GEJ, is if he does not run. let me say it better (The only thing that can stop GEJ is GEJ)

I challenge any one to go find out from seers or whatever way the feel like.

forget all we say on the media human beings are so weak. only those who separate themselves become strong and immune to the forces that want to control them; but this requires sacrifices many are not willing to make.

5 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by 1MCN: 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
slimghost: The animals in the North will as usual destroy lives and properties. So i advise all my Igbo and ND brothers to head home because its so so so obvious GEJ is winning the 2015 election.
My brother, I dont think they're animals anyway. They, too, have right to their own political convictions. Only that they must not foist it on others cos this is what makes them destroy lives and property after they have lost. If GEJ runs and eventually wins then one lesson must be learned, namely, that all this loud noise we're hearing actually comes from a very few loquacious hollow heads who think they can infuse their confusion against onto the convictions of others. However, only time will tell who's right or wrong. When the chips are down.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
Nothing will happen 2015 will come and pass just like 2011
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by tawa89(f): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
duality: @OP, people voice what they want to believe not necessarily because they are really sure of it. Let me be very honest with you, I may not vote for GEJ in 2015 because for now I'm not sure of what will happen. besides, I did not vote for him in 2011 and that did't stop him from winning. I have done a serious consultation and the honest fact is that; if GEJ runs for the presidency in 2015, he will win no matter who runs against him. This may be hard to believe but look, its the hard truth. People can thereafter analyse it scientifically or politically or in whatever way they like. This man's rating will suddenly skyrocket prior to the 2015 election.

The only thing that can stop GEJ, is if he does not run. let me say it better (The only thing that can stop GEJ is GEJ)

forget all we say on the media human beings are so weak. only those who separate themselves become strong and immune to the forces that want to control them; but this requires sacrifices many are not willing to make.
where is Policewoman to come and arrest this guy for stealing my thoughts. Your analysis is on point like a pin jare. I didnt even like GEJ during the 2011 elections. I voted for Buhari to be honest with you, but what happened immediately after the elections showed me the kinda man i voted for. I don't know if i will vote in 2015 but there is no doubt in my mind that GEJ will be returned.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by 1MCN: 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
duality: @OP, people voice what they want to believe not necessarily because they are really sure of it. Let me be very honest with you, I may not vote for GEJ in 2015 because for now I'm not sure of what will happen. besides, I did not vote for him in 2011 and that did't stop him from winning. I have done a serious consultation and the honest fact is that; if GEJ runs for the presidency in 2015, he will win no matter who runs against him. This may be hard to believe but look, its the hard truth. People can thereafter analyse it scientifically or politically or in whatever way they like. This man's rating will suddenly skyrocket prior to the 2015 election.

My good friend, your candour is uncommon. Thanks.
But you said you wont vote for GEJ. Maybe not because you dont think he has performed or he's the right person. But you said, ' because you dont know what will happen'. While am not gonna campaign for him, I think it's best for you to put down some trivial mundane sentiments and cast to your conscience. You cant afford to sit on the fence against your convictions just cos of tribe, party affiliation, religion or the other irrelevant opinion of others.
Personally, I feel your same view that GEJ's rating may skyrocket. Most of all, I think our merger Opposition is over rating their strength or trying to massage the ego of their disciples by over laundering the image of the proposed merger. If things continue to go the way they go now, or even improve more, it might be overwhelming the amount of voices that will rise in support of GEJ in 2015, even far more than that in 2011. I have also sampled causual opinions, a lot of media houses and practitioners are solidly behind this GEJ man, even a lot of industrialists and youths and business people. If he keeps his head up and continues to work, he may not need to even bother with so much campaign cos he'd have so much to show for his spent years.
Maybe only time will tell.
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by PrinceB1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
erickajay: Nothing will happen 2015 will come and pass just like 2011

But something happen in 2011 the killing of NYSC
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by chei: 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
He becomes president till 2019.
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by PrinceB1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
erickajay: Nothing will happen 2015 will come and pass just like 2011

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by chei: 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Prince B.:

Where will they see corpers to kill? Most corpers from the south reject postings to the north, unless they'll kill their fellow northerners. Besides, the JTF has dealt with them terribly.
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
I will campaign for Jonathan, I will also vote for him.

I believe that among all the so called aspirants especially in the so called opposition, he still stands tall.

He will still win the next election, my only concern is about the blood that will soak "dogs and baboons"

Southerners should leave the primitive North till all is calm!

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Abagworo(m): 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
He cannot win 2015. He can only rig but there will be mass action if he does. PDP killed corpers and innocent people in 2011 in order to discredit the uprising but 2015 won't be that easy.
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
Abagworo: He cannot win 2015. He can only rig but there will be mass action if he does. PDP killed corpers and innocent people in 2011 in order to discredit the uprising but 2015 won't be that easy.
Just wait for sunny_ bobo to come spew his usual trash about Buhari killed the corpers. grin
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
Abagworo: He cannot win 2015. He can only rig but there will be mass action if he does. PDP killed corpers and innocent people in 2011 in order to discredit the uprising but 2015 won't be that easy.

What are you smoking?
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2013

So PDP killed corpers?
With such mentalities such as this, I am ashamed to be called Nigerian!
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by iykology: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
You are an irredeemable sycophancy for concluding that PDP is responsible for the deaths record after 2011 presidential election. Your hatred for Mr president and your absolute loyalty to Rochas Okorocha shows that you are a paid sycophant.

@ Op, Nothing will happen, Our tireless military will take care of dis grunted fellows
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by 1MCN: 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
That's exactly the question. If Jonathan wins, then he rigged. Mind you that am not galvinzing support for Jonathan. In 2010, he said what politicians around the world dare not say-- he said, 'let no one rig any eleection for me. If I win I'd have set the record as a President who conducted an election without manipulating the results and won, if I fail I'll set the record for other leaders that a sitting President can run in an election and still fail'. He also said, ' my election is not worth the life of any Nigerian...'
So the question remain, if GEJ runs and wins would as a person ever believe he won?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Sayfat(m): 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
The thread is for them, no need to comment.
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by mandarin: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
Just as an analyst lets look at all possibilities and permutations. The Northwest and Northeast will NOT vote for Jonathan whether he perform or not, its a tribal thing about the Presidency returning to the North and that will persist till then. With the President's support for the Southeast developmental programs(i like it though) he will win massively in the southeast and south south(a strong possibility).
The President is left with two regions that can make or mar his ambition the southwest and the middle belt regions.He certainly needs the southwest to win, honestly and honestly being the second largest voting bloc in Nigeria and unlike in 2011 that the President was always in Lagos virtually every evening to make up with the likes of Tinubu and ACN,that may not work in 2015.
The greatest threat to the President is any alliance that can pull 80% of votes in the Northwest/Northeast/Southwest in favor of opposition candidate.That will give the opposition an easy majority votes.The middle Belt is another problem that can be either way for the President for instance Niger, Adamawa and Nasarawa are not likely to be won by the President and with ACN performance in Kwara and Benue the last election, its not looking rosy except anyone just wish to brag in his/her sitting room. This is not a chest thumbing stuff but the wisdom of opposition to put all their eggs in a basket so as to ensure there is no votes division.
I do not really believe the current merger will solve Nigeria's problem but its geared at dislodging the ruling party and its power base in the west which would have been a help for the President does not exist anymore because people love their governors across the region and even with Fasheun's UPN, it still will not work may be except the President do extra ordinary things.
I think the President made the mistake of sidelining the Yoruba people and hiring one of them to tongue lash them! These were the same people that advocated resource control for Niger Deltans and I don't think there is much he can do to persuade them.
The ensuing political clime will do Nigeria good because it will break all the politicians asunder.JUST MY OPINION

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by ijawcitizen(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mr Abagworo,
With all due respect, you're an embarrassment to all humans with complete brain sets.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by daywatcher: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
Nigeria divide
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Abagworo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
iykology: You are an irredeemable sycophancy for concluding that PDP is responsible for the deaths record after 2011 presidential election. Your hatred for Mr president and your absolute loyalty to Rochas Okorocha shows that you are a paid sycophant.

@ Op, Nothing will happen, Our tireless military will take care of dis grunted fellows

I've never hated Jonathan nor have I ever disrespected him in any way as you can easily observe by going through my profile and comments but I stand by the truth with every knowledge available to me. Mind you the October 1st bombing for which Henry Okah has been convicted was also arranged by the same people. Many Nigerians may be blind but not all of us. Look at what has been happening in Rivers State and you'll understand how far people can go to hold on to power. Maybe in 2015 they'll have to kill 50million people to do that.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Abagworo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/index.php?news=15335?print

ROM his detention centre in South Africa, the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND), Henry Okah, Tuesday spoke on his ordeal.

He accused an unnamed associate of President Goodluck Jonathan of mounting pressure on him to implicate Northerners in last Friday’s explosions in Abuja.

He also said the President drew his conclusion –that MEND was not involved –on the explosions based on the assurance by his associate that he would indict Northerners.

Okah, who had a short interview with Al-Jazeera Television from his cell, said: "On Saturday morning, just a day after the attack, a very close associate of President Jonathan called me on the phone and explained to me that there had been bombing in Nigeria and that President Goodluck Jonathan wanted me to reach out to the group, MEND, and get them to retract the earlier statement that they issued claiming the attack and that they wanted to blame the attack on the Northerners who are trying to fight against his coming back as President and if this was done, I wouldn’t be having problems with the South African government. I declined to do this.

"It was based on their belief that I was going to do that that President Jonathan issued a statement claiming that MEND didn’t carry out the attack because they were expecting a kind of retraction from the group.

"They don’t want it to look like Jonathan doesn’t have the support of his people; you understand.

"For years, for months now, they have been lying to everybody that everybody is so pleased with Jonathan from the region and he is going to bring peace to the region, which is what he is working towards.

"So, this attack now is actually going to be a big smear on his aspiration and he just, may be, needed the group to retract that statement and which is why I was contacted. But I declined to make such move."
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by bubadaniel13: 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
As far as i am concern, nothing will happen, Nigeria will continue to be Nigeria, he will leave out his tenure to 2019 as the commander in chief...if the people vote him as President again,nobody can stop him God from becoming what God has destined him to be period....
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by Abagworo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
bubadaniel13: As far as i am concern, nothing will happen, Nigeria will continue to be Nigeria, he will leave out his tenure to 2019 as the commander in chief... if the people vote him as President again,nobody can stop him God from becoming what God has destined him to be period....

If Nigerians vote him, nobody can stop him but the poster meant if he rigs again. If 2015 elections is free and fair, the outcome will be good no matter who wins. However going by the current failure of leadership, PDP is likely to lose in any free and fair election. Let us be real and not tribalistic and sentimental. Jonathan can only win if we see results by October 2014 like completion of 2nd Niger bridge, stable power supply, functional refineries, completed East-West road, prosecution of some thieves in Government and reduction of poverty. .

Here's the state of the good part of East-West road in Port Harcourt our oil capital.

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by 1MCN: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
mandarin: Just as an analyst lets look at all possibilities and permutations. The Northwest and Northeast will NOT vote for Jonathan whether he perform or not, its a tribal thing about the Presidency returning to the North and that will persist till then. With the President's support for the Southeast developmental programs(i like it though) he will win massively in the southeast and south south(a strong possibility).
The President is left with two regions that can make or mar his ambition the southwest and the middle belt regions.He certainly needs the southwest to win, honestly and honestly being the second largest voting bloc in Nigeria and unlike in 2011 that the President was always in Lagos virtually every evening to make up with the likes of Tinubu and ACN,that may not work in 2015.
The greatest threat to the President is any alliance that can pull 80% of votes in the Northwest/Northeast/Southwest in favor of opposition candidate.That will give the opposition an easy majority votes.The middle Belt is another problem that can be either way for the President for instance Niger, Adamawa and Nasarawa are not likely to be won by the President and with ACN performance in Kwara and Benue the last election, its not looking rosy except anyone just wish to brag in his/her sitting room. This is not a chest thumbing stuff but the wisdom of opposition to put all their eggs in a basket so as to ensure there is no votes division.
I do not really believe the current merger will solve Nigeria's problem but its geared at dislodging the ruling party and its power base in the west which would have been a help for the President does not exist anymore because people love their governors across the region and even with Fasheun's UPN, it still will not work may be except the President do extra ordinary things.
I think the President made the mistake of sidelining the Yoruba people and hiring one of them to tongue lash them! These were the same people that advocated resource control for Niger Deltans and I don't think there is much he can do to persuade them.
The ensuing political clime will do Nigeria good because it will break all the politicians asunder.JUST MY OPINION
Your analysis makes for a good academic piece. From that, we can at least and best expect a tie and then there'll be a re-run. That then will sure give more headache than a grandslam. Maybe with a few projects like the Lagos-Ibadan express, and many more the Presdient may win my hearts of oradinary people especially the undecided. There's a huge population of Igbos in Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Sango, Nassarawa, abuja, Jos, Kano, Kaduna, and also the Ijaws in Lagos, and Ondo there could be a swing. Mind you also, if the electronic voting becomes real it could also make room for internal gerrymanderring. Politicians will cash can hire registered voters from one state to another just to make up for the 2/3 states victory required by law. Whatever happens, 2015 is a year to await.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by musiwa24: 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
wink

hell will break loss.. the best is to dissolve the country now because from the satellite picture the north cant win.

and they will make your life unbearable

this is why they most break up nigeria.
you people will see hell and you will prefer it to nigeria.

you most break nigeria.

Look at it this way. If the north get power. they will never allow the south ever to get power. When mean never.. I mean never. will lead to civil war. and if they get power too. they will the same Jonathan just did to their people down south.

So it is better to be wise.. at this point to break it..

Look anyone who want unity by force should be ready to pay with his or her life. people will be ready to kill those people who want that.. they deserve to die. when you look at the fact that millions of people may die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVY1dLJ0EBs
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by nuclearboy(m): 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
What if its the opposite? People quote destiny when it suits them - what if he's NOT God's Plan for Nigeria then?

bubadaniel13: As far as i am concern, nothing will happen, Nigeria will continue to be Nigeria, he will leave out his tenure to 2019 as the commander in chief...if the people vote him as President again,nobody can stop him God from becoming what God has destined him to be period....
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by musiwa24: 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
every southerner living in the north, this is what the northerners will do to your families. you move your families.

you will see hell...

while the easterners too living in the west should move their families because yorubas will burn down their properties because of the way jonathan have been mean to yoruba people..

you are about to go through hell.. i live in the north before. they are hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1hc1zKnLr0&NR
Re: What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? by 1MCN: 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Abagworo:

If Nigerians vote him, nobody can stop him but the poster meant if he rigs again. If 2015 elections is free and fair, the outcome will be good no matter who wins. However going by the current failure of leadership, PDP is likely to lose in any free and fair election. Let us be real and not tribalistic and sentimental. Jonathan can only win if we see results by October 2014 like completion of 2nd Niger bridge, stable power supply, functional refineries, completed East-West road, prosecution of some thieves in Government and reduction of poverty. .

Here's the state of the good part of East-West road in Port Harcourt our oil capital.
My brother, Abagworo I never meant 'if he rigs (again)'. But the question I ask is, if he wins can I and you ever accept that he has won and the election was not rigged? Can we?! If he rigs then we all must come against it. Infact, we must not allow it happen in the first place. Nigeria should employ the Imo state 2011 example of voting and protecting our votes. See something. Say something. Do something. If that is done and Jonathan wins, even if he's not perfect, Abagworo support and help him. If the man Buhari, Fashola, Oshomole, any man that runs and wins, let's join hands and lift him, and indeed, our self up cos our people if you must keep a man on the mud you must remain there with him. Onye ji nmadu n'ala ji onwe ya.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Bridge Collapses In Ndi Ebe Abam, Abia State / 8 Years Of Uncommon Profligacy & Akpabio's Squandering Of Akwa Ibom Commonwealth / Buhari's BA Flight: Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.