Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? (24006 Views)

What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / Is It Appropriate To Integrate Sexual Educ Into Informal Education For Children? / Dressing Kids In Short Clothings: How Appropriate? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Bawss1(m): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
Which is more irritating; those who mention illuminati as the cause behind everything or those who cannot spell words properly, always using senseless abbreviations?
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Artlove(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
Kaycee7:
Gbagaun. If you watched Ben 10, at least, ur english would have been better. You people and demonic, do you realize Nigerian entertainment industry is just lyk their foreign counterparts, are you implying nollywood is demonic?
Even people like u go to hell cos u don't want to serve. Only TV u want to serve forever witout prayer. Pity 4 ur life.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Artlove(m): 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
Kaycee7:
Gbagaun. If you watched Ben 10, at least, ur english would have been better. You people and demonic, do you realize Nigerian entertainment industry is just lyk their foreign counterparts, are you implying nollywood is demonic?
Even people like u go to hell cos u don't want to serve God. Only TV u want to serve forever witout a prayer. Pity 4 ur life.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Artlove(m): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
Symphony007: some christains will never stop amazing me. So God now throw kids into hell fire. Tell me, what is the age when kids are liable for hell fire. 1,2,3?...what about babies? Idiotic doctrins like these drive up the amont of athiest in the world.
Should i say age of 1,2,3..? How old r u b4 u serve ur God? How old r u b4 u learn how to curse ur people?
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Inioluwa280(m): 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2013
AjanleKoko: I don't like Ben 10 or Pokemon.
Really dumb cartoons. I wonder how they became huge franchises angry
u r stupd dos r awesme crtuns.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Phonon: 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2013
If you had even mentioned "The Simpsons","South Park", "Family Guy" or "American Dad", then one would have considered this newsworthy.Mtscheww.

1 Like

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Bawss1(m): 9:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
Inioluwa280: u r stupd dos r awesme crtuns.

How much will it cost you to spell correctly?
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by tiwasiaife(m): 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
That boy that is disrespectful to the parents? Always playn wit that scary dragons.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Oballer: 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2013
i think SouthPark is better for kids...sarcasm
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by druid06(m): 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
Animations and Cartoons are cool for kids to watch. Ben 10's good too. It teaches children to think for themselves also about family, society and responsibility. Also the action part of Ben 10 and other action related cartoon is just a way to tend to kid's overreactive side but make sure you stirr away kids from Aninations and cartoons that adult themed related like Family guy, simpsons American Dad and South Park which is one of my favorites. These afforementioned cartoons are for adults only.

1 Like

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Kaycee7(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
So you people will go to work, leave the T.V to raise your kids and then come back to talk shit. Ben 10 is violent? Demonic? About Revenge? Wonders shall never end. Yet every kid can watch Dumebi the dirty girl.
Let me tell you, if you don't raise your kids yourself, noone will.
Ben 10 that swore no sacrifices in his quest against the Highbreed. Ben 10 that fights mainly robots and aliens. Ben 10's parents that rarely appear in a season and who Ben 10 cares for and respects. I hate arguing with, with, with, idiots. Watch a show with a mature and unbiased mind before talking nonsense.
Finally, advice.
A. Ben 10 and other action toons is for kids in primary 4 and above, that should be 8 yrs and above who can tell the difference btw animation and reality.
B. Japanese Anime is strictly off-bounds for pre-teens. Its too complex for them.
C. Raise your child correctly and when he grows, he will not depart from it. Try as much as possible to guide your kids as they watch their shows and explain certain facts to them.
Apply the above and stop making idiotic assumptions and accusations against a good show.
Thanks and GOD bless.

6 Likes

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Nomski0(f): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
sugaarbear: ...i prefer disney cartoons...
When you're less busy, goggle 'disney conspiracy' then 'disney bloodline'
Have fun reading.....even if i dont believe these theories about cartoons.....I FEAR DISNEY CARTOONS.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Kaycee7(m): 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
Artlove:
Even people like u go to hell cos u don't want to serve God. Only TV u want to serve forever witout a prayer. Pity 4 ur life.
If you really served God, you would have paid attention in your english class. Probably sat at the back making noise. Pray to God to help you improve your english and your reasoning. God helps me to make rational points in arguments lyk dis.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Kaycee7(m): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
tiwasiaife: That boy that is disrespectful to the parents? Always playn wit that scary dragons.
Yes that boy. I think he's baptised Akpors.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Kaycee7(m): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
Nomski0:
When you're less busy, goggle 'disney conspiracy' then 'disney bloodline'
Have fun reading.....even if i dont believe these theories about cartoons.....I FEAR DISNEY CARTOONS.
Also read up Nollywood conspiracies. I fear Nollywood.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Waspy(m): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
OreofeeOluwa It is not a good cartoon.just too violent.my little cousin when he was 2, watched ben 10,went to their balcony,a storey building and jumped down from there trying to imitate ben10. thank GOD nothing happened to him.that cartoon is evil >
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by dekung(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
How many people here watched Voltron, Danger Mouse, Inpector Gadget, Super Ted etc...How badly did you turn out? I watched all those and am I sure turned out good. Today I have a four year old who adores Ben 10, in fact we just bought him omni trix and he is elated. He speaks good english, communicates with well and his expression are beautiful, in school he is well behaved and very good with his school work. What else does a parent want? I have watched the Ben 10 series and I do not see anything wrong with it. Despite Ben 10 and his cousin, Gwen, always having things to argue about, Ben 10 never hits her and despite her nagging and rantings he is calm and is NEVER violent towards her. Does that not teach you or your boy kids something?

Please guys, get your heads out of the gutter and try to reason straight. Not everything is about demons ad devils

4 Likes

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by vivalavida(m): 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
See all of una forming good parent now. All of una na my generation and all of us follow watch cartoons 2gda.
We all watched voltron,superman,batman,birdman,justice league,muppet babies,robocop,superted, dodo the kid from outta space,just name it. Then ur parents werent forming demonic or holy holy. Now we are the ones forming good parents and guidance for our lil ones. Tell me which cartoon i listed dat didnt have an element of violence in it? Why didnt u folks turn out to be violent pple?
So ma ordinary Ben 10 go spoil una pikin? Chai!!!
Na pple like una sef go dey watch Big broda for midnyt wit una children. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Mustay(m): 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2013
everyday: What a very unreasonable question.Cartoon is meant for kids

No question is too unreasonable.

With the likes of South Park & Family Guy, you'd surely not make a generalization of cartoon. TV is a mind control tool, don't let it be the one teaching your children when parents & guardians bear the responsibility of tutoring.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by tintingz(m): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2013
Greatken007: GO AND CHECK THE ORIGIN...ADULTS ARE NT EVEN EXPECTED TO WATCH SUCH LET ALONE KIDS. THAT CARTOON IS DEMONIC, THE ORIGIN SPELLING IS BENTEN NOT AN ENGLISH WORD MIND YOU.I DONT WANT TO GO FURTHER,HE THAT HAS EAR LET HIM HEAR.
Can you tell us more on how BEN 10 is demonic? As in a cartoon that doesn't even go with a good story line...

I wonder how we Nigerians think and reason sometimes

Demonic cartoons? SMH undecided
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by dekung(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
Artlove: Pls be warn of ur childred watchin ben 10. I heard a girl went to hell saw many kids went 2 hell cos demonic enter dem watch some demonic cartoon, dis make dem disrespect to their parents. Atlease not all cartoon are demonic but some who produce some film is a satanic.

Ori e ti daru
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
Cartoon has notin to do with ur child's upbringing,if u are a bad parent then sit up and some kids are naturally rough.my deeperlife nebor's son,a 5yrs old is so rough nd cud turn a room upside down in 5secs and very stiingy but want to eat from other kids despite having very quiet and gentle parents.but ny niece and nephews who luv disney so much and learn from it especially lion king!they tell u it preaches love,unity and tolerance,truly I watched it and it does have a lot to teach even an adult(cuz there are so many barbarians in d world especialy africa).and some African leaders do have a lot to learn from King Mufasa and Simba's character.
or is it the Hunchback of Notredame that have this great lesson I always keep in mind "live and let live". If u want to appreciate "He lives in you by Diana Ross and Angelina kidjo's we are one then watch Lion king !
Oh how I love disney songs so inspiring when u listen to the lyrics properly.
To appreciate cartoons(sensible ones)it takes more than watchin to understand,think deep and relate the characters to humans! Ciao!
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
Thank you so much,I cudnt have said it any better.the way some christians think,so primitive.hypocrites and they watch ghanian indecency movies infront of those kids,who is fooling who?
Kaycee7: So you people will go to work, leave the T.V to raise your kids and then come back to talk shit. Ben 10 is violent? Demonic? About Revenge? Wonders shall never end. Yet every kid can watch Dumebi the dirty girl.
Let me tell you, if you don't raise your kids yourself, noone will.
Ben 10 that swore no sacrifices in his quest against the Highbreed. Ben 10 that fights mainly robots and aliens. Ben 10's parents that rarely appear in a season and who Ben 10 cares for and respects. I hate arguing with, with, with, idiots. Watch a show with a mature and unbiased mind before talking nonsense.
Finally, advice.
A. Ben 10 and other action toons is for kids in primary 4 and above, that should be 8 yrs and above who can tell the difference btw animation and reality.
B. Japanese Anime is strictly off-bounds for pre-teens. Its too complex for them.
C. Raise your child correctly and when he grows, he will not depart from it. Try as much as possible to guide your kids as they watch their shows and explain certain facts to them.
Apply the above and stop making idiotic assumptions and accusations against a good show.
Thanks and GOD bless.

1 Like

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
Guy abeg easy with d grammar!u giving me serious headache... Jeez
Artlove:
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by AZeD1(m): 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
Recently i was in my parents house and i was watching an action film(serious gun fight), my mum came in and said "A-ZeD you have not changed". Her point being that when i was young, i watched action films and even joined the action with my toy gun. Even with all the action films i watched as a young kid, i turned out better than all my deeper life friends who grew up without tv.
Moral of the story: Train you child well and stop blaming cartoons for your failures.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Tokotaya: 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
I agree it's too violent
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
grin grin badt guy,u too much
Kaycee7:
Also read up Nollywood conspiracies. I fear Nollywood.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin kc u got me crackin up with ur replies to silly posters,my mum is wondering wats wrong!chei! born twice fanatic xtians no go kill pesin. Demonic indeed. ndi ara
Kaycee7:
If you really served God, you would have paid attention in your english class. Probably sat at the back making noise. Pray to God to help you improve your english and your reasoning. God helps me to make rational points in arguments lyk dis.

Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kaycee7:
Yes that boy. I think he's baptised Akpors.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by maclatunji: 11:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
godjohnson: I love samurai-X i still watch it till date #shields face from slaps#

I got a simple philosophy from that cartoon, still use it. It contains violence but has great historical context about Japan. One of my top 3 favourite cartoons.
Re: Is Ben 10 Cartoon Appropriate For Children? by maclatunji: 12:01am On Jun 30, 2013
cecegorz: When my kid, then as a 2year-old started slapping her wrist and trying to disappear, while not allowing me to watch football, or my wife watch her favorite series, we had to shut out Ben 10 permanently out of my home.
I personally deem it too violent for under 10s, with absolutely no positives. big ups to the creators though, the franchise brings great merchandise.
Now, they are permanently on 'Barney and friends' and loving it big time. At least they learn loads o rhymes and animals stuff. That's what under 5s ought to learn, not some violent super hero.

@bolded, LWKMD!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How to parent a Stubborn Ward / ''My Wife Killed Our Child, Hypnotised And Poisoned Me'' / A Man Shares His Encounter With A Hungry Stranger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.