Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Want To Buy A Modem? Own A Modem? Want To Unlock? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Want To Buy A Modem? Own A Modem? Want To Unlock? (694 Views)

Browse With Your Computer Using Your Android Phone As A Modem Through USB Cord / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Buy A Modem? Own A Modem? Want To Unlock? by Appswheel(m): 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR MODEM USER INTERFACE
1. If your operating system is Window 7 and above, ensure your MODEM (Huawei) is set to RAS Modem on the Connection type category. Here is how:
Click on Tools>>>Options
On the display to your right, you will see the Connection type category.

2. Network signal fluctuates between 3G and 2G. There are times you will need to switch between 3G (HSPA - High Speed Packet Access, WCDMA -Wideband Code Division Multiple Access) and 2G (EDGE - Extended Data rates for GSM Evolution, GSM – Global Systems for Mobile Communication) signals.
You may need to switch from 3G to 2G signal or vice versa. The determining factor is the Network signal Strength. The Network signal strength is displayed when you rest your mouse pointer on the Network signal Icon at the lower left area of your modem connection interface – it is measured in percentage.
If the value is below 60% consider switching signals.

The procedure below describes how to Switch network Signals.
To do this, your Modem must be disconnected on the Connection Interface.
Click on Tools>>>>Options>>>>Network.
On the display to your right Click on the Network Type tab (if not active)
In the Network Type dropdown menu, Choose preferred Signal. Note the difference between the various options
• GSM only
• GSM preferred
• WCMDA only
• WCMDA preferred
I recommend your choose between GSM only and WCMDA only. The reason is not far-fetched, let’s consider a scenario where you choose WCMDA preferred and it happens that the EDGE signal has a signal strength of 90% while the 3G signal is 70%, the GSM signal will override the 3G signal. But at this percentage (70%) the 3G signal will result in a better browsing experience than the 2G signal.

3. You can easily backup your SIM contacts (Save them to your computer) from your Modem user interface. Here is how
1.Click on the Manage Contact menu (or its equivalence on the Modem User Interface – it is Phonebook on some).

2.Click on the SIM/USIM Card link on your left.
For Huawei modems, right click on any of the contacts and click on export all contacts. The Save As dialogue box is displayed.

3. Give your contacts a file name and Click Save.
Note:For Etisalat ZTE modems, right click on any of the contacts, Click select all, then click on the Save as button on the bottom right of Interface. Give it a file name, and click Save.

4. If your Modem has been unlocked/is a universal modem, you can manually configure network profiles. Follow these procedures.
1.Click on tools>>>>Options>>>>Profile Management (This may be settings on some Modem – Click on Setting).
2.Click on Add or New (Depending on your modem)
3.Fill in the required information
APN
Password
User name
Access Number
When you are done click on Save.
Find the setting below

ETISALAT INTERNET PROFILE
PROFILE NAME: ETISALAT NIGERIA
USERNAME: etisalat(or leave blank)
PASSWORD: etisalat(or leave blank)
APN: etisalat

GLO INTERNET PROFILE
PROFILE NAME: Glo
USERNAME: flat
PASSWORD: flat
APN: gloflat

MTN INTERNET PROFILE
PROFILE NAME: MTN NIGERIA
USERNAME: web
PASSWORD: web
APN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

AIRTEL INTERNET PROFILE
PROFILE NAME: AIRTEL
USERNAME: internet
PASSWORD: internet
APN: internet.ng.zain.com

Note that APN might be provides as simply "Access Point" or "Access" on some devices.
This gives you an option of choosing the Network SIM you want to browse with. On the connection tab User Interface, Choose the profile Name that corresponds with the SIM in your modem. For ZTE Modem Users, choose profile from settings and set it as default.

Finally, we can provide you with the settings for browsing with MTN blackberry BIS on your modem (with 1000 Naira, you can access the internet over a period of 30days). If you are interested kindly indicate your interest by leaving a message in our inbox on(www.facebook.com/Appswheel). The information is for FREE – we are not charging a dime for it.
Re: Want To Buy A Modem? Own A Modem? Want To Unlock? by tripledub: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
Please help me with the unlock code for my mtn huawei E303s-1 modem. Imei no. 867648010077467.
Serial no. U9cbya9270714593. Thank u sir.
Re: Want To Buy A Modem? Own A Modem? Want To Unlock? by Appswheel(m): 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
tripledub, the dc-unlocker tool required for unlocking the E303 modem requires the physical modem connected to the Pc.
Re: Want To Buy A Modem? Own A Modem? Want To Unlock? by tripledub: 6:16am On Jun 28, 2013
Appswheel: tripledub, the dc-unlocker tool required for unlocking the E303 modem requires the physical modem connected to the Pc.
Thanks for the valuable information and for ur concern in trying to help me out. Through out the night, i ve tried download the dc unlocker software without success. Can u give me a site url that i can go and download it.

(1) (Reply)

HP Nc6230 Laptop For(new) / Must Read;glo Magic Number / My Dell Laptop Screen Flickers When On Battery. Any Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.