Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" (4083 Views)

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2013
zetch: Simple as ABC OP, Nigerians are running to Pastors because of poor economy and well because of stupidity too. I don't care if my comment is derogatory, save that stuff for the too nice suck-ass Christians. The problem also is that because Pastors tell them something is coming to solve their problems, many live their lives in a state of inaction, just going and praying that things will magically become better. Many are awaiting and hoping for promises of miracles that will never come to pass and have no expiration dates on them.

If a Pastor has private jets and is listed by Forbes as a millionaire, something is wrong. He is no business man and no friggin way do books sell that much, not to talk of religious books. Personally, I think many famous Pastors in Nigeria should be investigated. With a net worth of over $150 million, he could do a lot for the people he is constantly preaching to instead of taking more from them. He's a crook that needs to be a in a maximum security prison. But lucky him, he lives in Nigeria huh? who dares care to investigate and audit him.
BRAVO my good sire, u just took d words outta ma mouth.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 8:56am On Jun 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: For all his wealth, there is every possibility that the proposition that such wealth derives from his church members' offerings is flawed (personally I disbelieve this statement from Oyedepo's bashers. I should ask for physical evidence instead of taking their word for it). BTW he makes donations. He once said in a service I attended he donates millions of dollars to a branch of UN (maybe UNICEF) not to talk of the many donations he has made to students in my university which I'm certain of, and others that those close to him know about. The Oyedepo slap I found funny upon seeing it (back in C.U) but Oyedepo-bashers made me consider it in another light. I say they sheathe their swords b'cos, I know that at the very least, they've thought of slapping someone who said something they found really inane. The comment that prompted the slap was the statement "I'm a witch for Jesus" grin If I'm to bash him, it's because he can brag, like the time he said "There are only 2 universities in Africa, Covenant university and all others." He also is quite temperamental, I've witnessed this first-hand.
yeah we are all allowed to think, u are allowed to even kill the president of any country, as long as u shoot or stab him/her in your HEAD, thinking about things isn't bad, but doing it is the problem, oyedepo is no ordinary christian, he is a role model to countless Nigerians, so what he did there's no excuse for him, even if the lady had said "jesus is a fool" it still doesn't warrant him hitting her, what if after he had hit her she fell and died? What would we be saying now, that singular action shows us who david really is,

And u said u went to covenant university, if he makes donations to his university, who does he think he is playing for a fool? He should give us proof of how he makes his money, since he claims he has not been paid salary for many years now.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by UyiIredia(m): 9:46am On Jun 30, 2013
bolaino: yeah we are all allowed to think, u are allowed to even kill the president of any country, as long as u shoot or stab him/her in your HEAD,

Okay. Consider also that thoughts determine your actions, so certain thoughts can be deemed immoral.

bolaino: thinking about things isn't bad, but doing it is the problem,

Both are the problem. Thoughts influence action.

bolaino: oyedepo is no ordinary christian, he is a role model to countless Nigerians, so what he did there's no excuse for him, even if the lady had said "jesus is a fool" it still doesn't warrant him hitting her,

Okay. The other side I was considering.

bolaino: what if after he had hit her she fell and died?

She did not.

bolaino: What would we be saying now,

You would condemn him and I would be less quick because I know unintentional killing (manslaughter) is a fact. In the event I do condemn, I have a conscience which reminds me
I could be the same.

bolaino: that singular action shows us who david really is,

He is a human being like you. When you condemn someone always note you are condemning yourself because YOU CAN do what such a person did. By can, I mean you have the potential. For example, I condemned Wizkid for buying a Porsche but on a smaller scale I mismanaged #250k which I once got.

bolaino: And u said u went to covenant university, if he makes donations to his university, who does he think he is playing for a fool?

Certainly, not me.

bolaino: He should give us proof of how he makes his money, since he claims he has not been paid salary for many years now.

So you don't know how he makes his money and you assume it's from the offerings. Oooookay.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 10:12am On Jun 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Okay. Consider also that thoughts determine your actions, so certain thoughts can be deemed immoral.

Both are the problem. Thoughts influence action.

Okay. The other side I was considering.

She did not.

You would condemn him and I would be less quick because I know unintentional killing (manslaughter) is a fact. In the event I do condemn, I have a conscience which reminds me
I could be the same.

He is a human being like you. When you condemn someone always note you are condemning yourself because YOU CAN do what such a person did. By can, I mean you have the potential. For example, I condemned Wizkid for buying a Porsche but on a smaller scale I mismanaged #250k which I once got.

Certainly, not me.

So you don't know how he makes his money and you assume it's from the offerings. Oooookay.
not all thoughts influence action, if I think about going back in time to change history, does it mean that I can go literarily go back in time to change history? If oyedepo is human being like me, then hitler is a human being very mush like u, even stalin and idiamin, lol.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by UyiIredia(m): 10:43am On Jun 30, 2013
bolaino: not all thoughts influence action,

Okay. Put in other words, not all we think about we do.

bolaino: if I think about going back in time to change history, does it mean that I can go literarily go back in time to change history?

The problem of time travel which I think is practically impossible.

bolaino: If oyedepo is human being like me, then hitler is a human being very mush like u, even stalin and idiamin, lol.

Agreed. People usually use those names to rouse up negative sentiments. Consider the thought pattern: I'm a human like Hitler, Hitler was evil and condemned by many, I don't want hatred and condemnation, so I'm not a human like Hitler. Well, mr bolaino, I'm a human like Hitler and I'm capable (CAN) do what he did, the question is WILL I (actually do it).
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 11:56am On Jun 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Okay. Put in other words, not all we think about we do.

The problem of time travel which I think is practically impossible.

Agreed. People usually use those names to rouse up negative sentiments. Consider the thought pattern: I'm a human like Hitler, Hitler was evil and condemned by many, I don't want hatred and condemnation, so I'm not a human like Hitler. Well, mr bolaino, I'm a human like Hitler and I'm capable (CAN) do what he did, the question is WILL I (actually do it).
I'm reporting u to the authorities, it seems like we have another hitler in the making. Lol.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by UyiIredia(m): 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
bolaino: I'm reporting u to the authorities, it seems like we have another hitler in the making. Lol.

Anyone is a potential Hitler or Abacha in the making so reporting me_which is of course a joke_won't solve the problem.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
THE CLOTHES THAT YOU DESIRE
THE HOUSES THAT YOU DESIRE
THE CARS THAT YOU DESIRE
THE MONEY THAT YOU DESIRE
THE THINGS THAT YOU DESIRE

SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU BY MY FATHER WHEN YOU KNOW HIM.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by sirjustus: 2:57am On Jul 03, 2013
@bolaino
Your problem is complex, you need to born again to understand spiritual things. Because you don,t understand spiritual things and the implication of your actions that is why you open your mouth any how to talk against a Mog..

Oyedepo as a Mog is a blessing to nmilliions of lives. You wrote the above because you don,t understand the mysteries of a Mog . I strongly beieve you have a spiritual influance, so check your life you may need deliverance.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Degis(m): 6:59am On Jul 03, 2013
Too many sick people on Nairaland nowadays. If not Oyedepo it is Adeboye, if not Adeboye, it is Kumuyi. Well, keep on believing in your delusions, especially now that there are free MBs from the Telcos to write nonsense with. These Servants of the most High God are depopulating Hell and populating Heavens, whilst you guys are just foaming at your mouths or should say at your keypads
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2013
sir justus: @bolaino
Your problem is complex, you need to born again to understand spiritual things. Because you don,t understand spiritual things and the implication of your actions that is why you open your mouth any how to talk against a Mog..

Oyedepo as a Mog is a blessing to nmilliions of lives. You wrote the above because you don,t understand the mysteries of a Mog . I strongly beieve you have a spiritual influance, so check your life you may need deliverance.

are u saying that men of God are above rebuke?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 10:22am On Jul 03, 2013
Degis: Too many sick people on Nairaland nowadays. If not Oyedepo it is Adeboye, if not Adeboye, it is Kumuyi. Well, keep on believing in your delusions, especially now that there are free MBs from the Telcos to write nonsense with. These Servants of the most High God are depopulating Hell and populating Heavens, whilst you guys are just foaming at your mouths or should say at your keypads
I don't blame u, I blame ur foolish men of God.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
bolaino: and what makes u think I'm not doing something with my life?
if you are so, y disturbing urself and life? Again get busy with ur life and not anoda man's
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
holahmihdeh: if you are so, y disturbing urself and life? Again get busy with ur life and not anoda man's
wow, so how does creating a topic on nairaland about an issue an act not being busy with my life?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by mcfynest(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
bolaino: I sometimes wonder why africans, Nigerians in particular have refused to be rational in their thoughts and actions, they would rather close their eyes to the hard truths about life.

bishop oyedepo is a billionaire, a man who is extremely rich, a man who is rumored to have over four planes, and lots of landed properties all over the world, but who claims he makes his money from his career as an architect and as a professional writer, (does his books sell more than JK rowlings books?) I believe if the IRS should audit him, they would discover that he is the richest black man,

I have a lot of issues with this man, a man who is violent, a man who is full of himself, and a man who deceives millions of people into giving their hard earned money to his ministry, by promising them greater returns on their investments, or on their tithes and offerings, this man talks about nothing other than giving, money, this man is the king of materialism,

how can Nigeria move forward, when we have men like this who only care about their church members bringing money to their churches, not caring where these monies come from, that's why his church has a very high percentage of criminals, from yahoo yahoo boys and runs girls, to thieving politicians and ritualists, if this country is to change for the better, men like these and their ideologies have to be let go off.

even if some of your allegations are true, lets face the fact, mist of his church members are making it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Being In The World And Not Of The World / Is Football Betting A Sin? / Be An Atheist For Twelve Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.