Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" (4082 Views)

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dapsy70sk: @op n̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥w i get i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅, persona bif cos ☀̤̣̈̇f d slap he gave a lady, buh  always sim †̥ wonda why d fuss abt d slap, ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏ nt †̥ suport d act okay buh still why all d trobu almost everyday  seee policemen slap n haras women en route †̥ ma place ☀̤̣̈̇f work and no one sim †̥ care n i can rembr while growin up W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ get corrected outsyd wit beatins n slaps u get bak ђσмε †̥ report abt i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ u get beat up join...but wu cares abt d policemen or d conductors and §Φ on dt haras women cos δε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r nobody i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ quote  min wr were d human ryt activist whose offices were nearby but since dy aint billionaires n §Φ on nobody bodad †̥ do anyfin or say anyfin....i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ may b wrng n u may nt lyk i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ buh  tink W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ r bringin western culture I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ȍ ours W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ all knw elders discipline younger ones here but u dare nt try i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ dr... guess d bishop was zealous for d name ☀̤̣̈̇f christ, as christ was zealous for d temple ☀̤̣̈̇f God and also paul was more zealous he proclaimed blindness on a man....buh wu r W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ †̥ judge if by chance i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ ws a mistake does dt make him a fake or cheat pastor...plsss
violence is a despicable thing, and even the christian master himself abhorred it, that was why he rebuked peter when peter cut off a man's ear, so if christians are to be christ like they should learn to detest violence or any act of violence.

Yeah in Africa we spank our kids to correct them, but they are kids, little children with no sense of direction, but what oyedepo did was assault, he assaulted someone cos he felt insulted, he did it instinctively and that goes to show that hitting people is not something new to him, it's what he does regularly, and I'm sure the christian master would not approve of oyedepo hitting a woman on his behalf.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Dapsy70sk: 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
ezme:

@MOD would you be kind enough to place a ban on this handle?

Ohh for d lov ☀̤̣̈̇f work n for typin sake u had bera do dt ursef...#DNDE
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dapsy70sk:

Has no precedence from scriptures?!!! Damn!!! Mehn be sure †̥ knw dt pple are gettin blessd tru him, ppl are bin won †̥ christ tru him, ppl make a livin tru him n ppls destiny are turn arnd tru him for dose wu attend his church... U see one tin i knw his dt God gives us pastrs prophets apostles n all dt and Ι†§ ♌φ†̥ a sin nt †̥ beliv in one but d oda buh i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ will b a sin †̥ start judgin, dts why u see difft denominatn but one body, if u dont lyk one u can g †̥ d oda buh ♌φ†̥ †̥ judge wats apenin @ d first becos ☀̤̣̈̇f d doctrines u cnt sim †̥ com †̥ terms wit...aftral jesus was nt accepted by all while he was here....buh †̥ say no precedence i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d scriptures †̥ bak dem up @ his church Ȋ̝̊̅§ way ova d top

Bro, anyone can get blessed (earthly riches) by any means apart from the power ofChrist. The bible tells us that the power of God is revealed unto salvation through the gospel and not through prosperity ministry.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Dapsy70sk: 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2013
bolaino: violence is a despicable thing, and even the christian master himself abhorred it, that was why he rebuked peter when peter cut off a man's ear, so if christians are to be christ like they should learn to detest violence or any act of violence.

Yeah in Africa we spank our kids to correct them, but they are kids, little children with no sense of direction, but what oyedepo did was assault, he assaulted someone cos he felt insulted, he did it instinctively and that goes to show that hitting people is not something new to him, it's what he does regularly, and I'm sure the christian master would not approve of oyedepo hitting a woman on his behalf.

Okay nw agreed i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ was a grave error and belive me afta dose cpurt cases n all he wldnt try dt again cos he wld v learnt besyds no one Ȋ̝̊̅§ above error.....but i tink Ι†§ abt tym W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ called timme on it, i min Ι†§ gone and ppl shldnt start usin dt as referenc pt †̥ say he's violent...take creflo dollar d american pastor millionaire for example he got mad @ his daughter n while reprovin ђεя he hit n as usual she called d cops n δε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ called him ova n d prosecutor told him †̥ take anger management classes whc he did n he was left alone wit d daughter admitin ђεя fault n all dt n  cn sim †̥ rembr anyone callin him names or dt he's bin doin dt or dt he's violent and all dt.... min jes becos u shouted @ someone out ☀̤̣̈̇f anger @ someone i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ public doesnt min uv bin used †̥ anger n wl b wrng for ♍ƺ †̥ draw ma conclusion based on dt singular act...tnx
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Dapsy70sk: 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, anyone can get blessed (earthly riches) by any means apart from the power ofChrist. The bible tells us that the power of God is revealed unto salvation through the gospel and not through prosperity ministry.

U r definitely ryt on dt , but permit ♍ƺ †̥ also remind u dt d bible says dt ma kingdom tru prosperity shall yet be spread abroad....and  also saw one ☀̤̣̈̇f ds man teachins on prosperity n he was actually sayin d truth...unless u dont blv i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ tithe offerings givings †̥ d poor, kingdom service and seekin God first i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ all n dt was wot  heard him teach on d tape n oda practical life teachins dt doesnt centr on prosperity alone...tnx
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dapsy70sk:

U r definitely ryt on dt , but permit ♍ƺ †̥ also remind u dt d bible says dt ma kingdom tru prosperity shall yet be spread abroad....and  also saw one ☀̤̣̈̇f ds man teachins on prosperity n he was actually sayin d truth...unless u dont blv i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ tithe offerings givings †̥ d poor, kingdom service and seekin God first i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ all n dt was wot  heard him teach on d tape n oda practical life teachins dt doesnt centr on prosperity alone...tnx

The trick these false teachers use is by taking us back into how God death with His earthly people. The day an average Christian can rightly divide the word is the day false teaching ends. Christianity was born after the death of Christ, gentile like you and I came into the fold through faith. Christ appeared to a certain Paul to preach a certain gospel to the church. We have to adhere to what Christ told him to reveal to us. The scripture says in Gal 2

7 But on the contrary, when they [really] saw that I had been entrusted [to carry] the Gospel to the uncircumcised [Gentiles, just as definitely] as Peter had been entrusted [to proclaim] the Gospel to the circumcised [Jews, they were agreeable];
8 For He Who motivated and fitted Peter and worked effectively through him for the mission to the circumcised, motivated and fitted me and worked through me also for [the mission to] the Gentiles.

Read what this apostle wrote about prosperity and any other doctrine in 1 tim 5 and 6. Compare it to what we have now, you would agree these false teachers deviated.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by kambo(m): 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
bolaino: from my understanding of the gospels jesus believed that wealth was an obstacle in one's quest for the kingdom of God, that was he said it would be difficult for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God, when u become too rich u tend to have a "God complex" u attribute everything to your self, u claim to have achieved these things cos u are principled and disciplined and u tend to forget that God put u where u are, and that my friends is what's happening to bishop oyedepo, the man thinks and the christian God are school mates.

wen it comes to scriptures u shd renew ur ur mind with d word not bend d word to ur conviction.
On wealth , u can never be too rich. "wen u become too rich u hav a God complex", money didnt cause this but ur attitude to money . U exalt money to God status in ur heart wch is idolatry. The money only manifests wat is already in ur heart. If u ar a proud person money will magnify the pride people cudnt see wen u were poor, if u ar kind money will be a tool to bless more people if ur wanton with money u'll do mor of d wanton acts u used to perform wen u were poorer . U'll sleep around mor, consume mor alchohol and cigarettes gamble mor etc
And money alone cannot make u miss God.
Job was very rch, yet God protected his wealth with an hedge.
The bible says abraham was very rich.
Isaac reaped a hundred fold harvest in his investments he was so rich the philistines envied him.
Under the law, if d jews kept the commandments perfectly, they wud experience great wealth as a consequence.
If wealth is evil God wudnt bless his ppl with it.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by kambo(m): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
bolaino: violence is a despicable thing, and even the christian master himself abhorred it, that was why he rebuked peter when peter cut off a man's ear, so if christians are to be christ like they should learn to detest violence or any act of violence.

man stop playg d wrk of d devil please. Satan is motivatg to harp on this.
Only mad men act irately without provocation, he must hav been provoked to react in tht way.
Wen ppl talk of violence twrds women they leave the cause 4 instigation, women are very provocative and acidic with their tongues wch earns them violent reactions , the violence is not mor evil thn the scathg tongue. Secondly the motivation 4 d reaction: was he aimg to inflict hurt or correct? Wat if he didnt slap but rebuked her openly? Say called a fool? A fool is som1 actg devoid of wisdom and many times ths rebuke is used in d bible , there's anoda meang 4 d wrd tht can earn u hell , but i aint talkg in dat context.
His slappg is to correct and is not in d same class as wat she'd get from an angry jealous spurned lover etc.
Peopl shud reflect on their mistakes and learn frm it, to single one incident out and magnify it is hypocrisy.
Wat of d gudness he has shown her?y doesnt it make head lines?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 7:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
Kambo

I charge you to go read I timothy 6 without prejudice. Let me see if you will come back here to say all these things you are saying.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dapsy70sk:

Okay nw agreed i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ was a grave error and belive me afta dose cpurt cases n all he wldnt try dt again cos he wld v learnt besyds no one Ȋ̝̊̅§ above error.....but i tink Ι†§ abt tym W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ called timme on it, i min Ι†§ gone and ppl shldnt start usin dt as referenc pt †̥ say he's violent...take creflo dollar d american pastor millionaire for example he got mad @ his daughter n while reprovin ђεя he hit n as usual she called d cops n δε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ called him ova n d prosecutor told him †̥ take anger management classes whc he did n he was left alone wit d daughter admitin ђεя fault n all dt n  cn sim †̥ rembr anyone callin him names or dt he's bin doin dt or dt he's violent and all dt.... min jes becos u shouted @ someone out ☀̤̣̈̇f anger @ someone i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ public doesnt min uv bin used †̥ anger n wl b wrng for ♍ƺ †̥ draw ma conclusion based on dt singular act...tnx
someone who is supposedly filled with the holy ghost would have held himself back instead of hitting the woman, no matter what she may have said or done, him hitting her shows a terrible character flaw,

I was listening to a song by rapper chief keef, in one of his songs where he featured kanye west titled "I don't like", kanye said "and I would never hit a woman never in my life" so if an "illuminati" rapper could say that, then I expected more from a supposed man of God
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
^^^^
You realise you're fighting a lost battle. Even more enlightened Christians are familiar with the brainwashing that has been afflicted on those of their ilk in the popular Nigerian pentecostal churches.

In their minds, they worship and serve them and these men can do no wrong in their eyes. In fact, some fear that questioning the moves/actions of these MOG'S/charlatans would invoke an irrevocable curse on the life on their destiny.
Sad situation honestly.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by kambo(m): 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

The trick these false teachers use is by taking us back into how God death with His earthly people. The day an average Christian can rightly divide the word is the day false teaching ends. Christianity was born after the death of Christ, gentile like you and I came into the fold through faith. Christ appeared to a certain Paul to preach a certain gospel to the church. We have to adhere to what Christ told him to reveal to us. The scripture says in Gal 2

7 But on the contrary, when they [really] saw that I had been entrusted [to carry] the Gospel to the uncircumcised [Gentiles, just as definitely] as Peter had been entrusted [to proclaim] the Gospel to the circumcised [Jews, they were agreeable];
8 For He Who motivated and fitted Peter and worked effectively through him for the mission to the circumcised, motivated and fitted me and worked through me also for [the mission to] the Gentiles.

Read what this apostle wrote about prosperity and any other doctrine in 1 tim 5 and 6. Compare it to what we have now, you would agree these false teachers deviated.

wat u and other advocates of poverty thinkg dont understand is tht prosperity is a necessity for the church. It is its predestined purpose and d preachg of d prosperity message is meant to restore d church to its ordained status. Is poverty befittg to royalty? No!
But d bible says you as a christian ar a royal preisthood, a holy nation, an embassador of christ.
This thngs sound foreign to us because we really dnt believe it, but look at earthly parallels and do some thnkg not just yapping ur traditional viewpoints.
The ambassadors from say nigeria in the u.s wud not be going to meetgs in d commuter train theyd be amply provided fr by their government. Theyd live and operate in comfort . But d goal isnt d material comfrt but to represent their government properly in a foreign country.
As a christian u represent The government of God in a foreign country (a fallen world) ur lifestyle and conduct, includg ur material status represents Heaven's government, thats y Jesus said "seek first the Kingdom .. " . The focus isnt on money or cars or watever but God's kingdom and his purpose.
A poverty or selfishness mentality is as bad 4 God's wrk as greed. God needs certain class of people to carry out d wrk of his kingdom ppl who wont get intimidated wen huge amounts of money is involved ppl who wont get lil minded and start stealg and syphong cash. From my experience wth ppl i've seen tht ppl dont giv. Esp those who advocate poverty the poor esp are chronic greedy ppl they up play their poverty to curry pity from d rich and God cant use ppl like this! Y because if they experience any serious money tht poverty mindset in them will make them steal and commit havoc. U hear of d thefts going on in govn ment , those fellows may b paper rch but they operate from a poverty mentality. A poverty mentality sees resources being scarce in d future, so it hordes all it can , but God's way is to giv in ur poverty AND God will multiply even d little u hav.
For those advocatg poverty livg how much givg do they do?
Wat percentage of their income flows out to others? Even churches , how much of this do they do? In the early church there was no lack cuz people sold wat they had and distributed their wealth to poor in their midst so tht there was none lackg in anythg , how much of tht dyu see in churches today!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
where you miss it is where you call wealth and money in this world riches. You are still a child of God, you need to grow spiritually to a point where everything in this world would not matter. They are temporal, they will disappear before you know it.

The bible encourage you to work to eat, but advised against excessive wealth cos from the wisdom of God, He knows what the love of money does.

Don't be deceived by prosperity teachers, the teachings are all from the pit of hell.

Give me a scripture where God promise you earthly riches cos these people take quotes out of context to trick people like you.

I gave you a chapter to read, I am sure you have not touched it yet.

==========================

As for the early church, they brought everything they had together cos of the famine that was in Jerusalem at the time, so no one owned anything, they shared everything amongst themselves. There is nothing like money doubling there.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by UyiIredia(m): 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
musKeeto: ^^^^
You realise you're fighting a lost battle. Even more enlightened Christians are familiar with the brainwashing that has been afflicted on those of their ilk in the popular Nigerian pentecostal churches.

In their minds, they worship and serve them and these men can do no wrong in their eyes. In fact, some fear that questioning the moves/actions of these MOG'S/charlatans would invoke an irrevocable curse on the life on their destiny.
Sad situation honestly.

Indeed. The boundary between respect and needless worship is often breached.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by kambo(m): 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi: where you miss it is where you call wealth and money in this world riches. You are still a child of God, you need to grow spiritually to a point where everything in this world would not matter. They are temporal, they will disappear before you know it.

The bible encourage you to work to eat, but advised against excessive wealth cos from the wisdom of God, He knows what the love of money does.

Don't be deceived by prosperity teachers, the teachings are all from the pit of hell.

Give me a scripture where God promise you earthly riches cos these people take quotes out of context to trick people like you.

I gave you a chapter to read, I am sure you have not touched it yet.

==========================

As for the early church, they brought everything they had together cos of the famine that was in Jerusalem at the time, so no one owned anything, they shared everything amongst themselves. There is nothing like money doubling there.

the bible doesnt preach subsistence.
Psalm 23 : "my cup runneth over..." . God is a God of abundance! Wen he blesses he wants it to bring glory to his name .
The widow of zarephat:
she sowed her seed to the man of God, and she got 1 mor bottle? No She got an overflow. The oil didnt run out. Now, God meets a man at his point of need. To d poor widow her need was money to rescue her sons from being sold into slavery. If u had preached Jesus to her it may hav don her no gud she was thnkg of her sons.
Dyu know if a brother like u who believes in just enuff , food and raiment only mentality, came on the scene all u'd do wud b to comfort her while her sons were abducted into slavery! Dyu know ppl die for lack of money? And many ppl live longer cuz they hav money?
Many people with curable diseases die cuz they cant foot d medical bills others are not dead but theyre not free as they shud b.

Poverty is a curse and is evil thts y ppl want to break their neck to leave ths country and afrca as a whole , its crawlg with poverty, ppl know life is meant to b enjoyed and u cant enjoy it without money thts y they do all sorts of thngs to get money includg prostitution, ritual killing, murder etc life is meant to b enjoyed not endured. Purge tht mindset from ur thnkng.

Jesus said, "i have come, that ye may have life and hav it mor abundantly".
This is Prosperity in capital Letters bro. The bible says under the law, "you shall lend to nations"

God made solomon ultra rich, if money were evil then God cursed him.
The bible says God is interested in d prosperity of his servants. If in d old testament the jews were servants how much mor those in d new testament He addresses as his children?
The bible says "I wish above all things tht you may prosper and be in health .. " . God wants u to prosper , to b rich, not just to subsist but he wants u to go about it His own way not d worldly way.
Wen Jesus used peter's boat to preach, he rewarded peter with a net breakg catch.
If God were a subsistence God, He'd hav only given peter a few fish .
Peter sowed his boat into d kingdom and reaped a material harvest.
Wen a lil boy sowed his lunch into d kingdom he didnt get just d lunch back, he got so much people were needed to help carry the 12 baskets home! Think of it? God's nature is abundance.
He gives until it overflows-he is not a penny pincher.
He multiplies the seed given to him.
He rejoices wen u succeed .
He wants u to succeed and has plans to prosper u.
He wants to u prosper till u have no more needs and instead become a channel for blessg others. A subsistence mentality is devilish and selfish.
People with money hav a lot of influence, sinners with money influence for satan.
A tru christian with money is a real threat to satan cuz he'll use his money , not to oppress the poor but to help d needy. Job did this and Satan got so mad he attacked his wealth.
But guess wat? God restored job , gave him twice mor.
Read d bible with an open mind.
God is the same he never changes .He ddnt turn over in d new testament.

Besides, if d owner of this forum were thnking food n raiment u wudnt b able to argue ur point here. Som ppl hav found jobs thru nl, gotten married, made business connections thru nl.
Wat do those ppl say "thnk God for NL". Even though seun may nt b a christian, he used a christian principle, He provided value to so many ppl and got rich in d process.
U use a computer, mayb windows,
if bill gates were thkg subsistence u'd not b able to use a pc - other oses ar too complex for d layman.
Is tht servce evil? Guy aim to b rch but dnt wrshp money dnt let it replace God in ur heart. Money is neither gud nor bad . I is human hearts tht issues gud or bad.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2013
two questions,

Do you agree the bible is a progressive revelation?
Do you believe in the entire bible?
Do you know that the church only started after the resurrection of Christ?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by kambo(m): 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi: two questions,

Do you agree the bible is a progressive revelation?
Do you believe in the entire bible?
Do you know that the church only started after the resurrection of Christ?

the scriptures IS OF NO PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.
"for God so loved the wrld he gave his only begotten Son , .... " is clear enuff not b confused.
The bible is to b read in context, bringing all the verses together tht talk about wealth and prosperity shows tht God is a rich God and wants his children to b rich too.

The church, is under a new and better covenant, no mor animal sacrifices, the God of d old testament is d same God of d new, he doesnt change because he is already perfect.
If God cud bless people in d old testament with abundant prosperity how much mor under a new and better testament tht required the sacrifce of His son?
Dyu know tht in the new testament it is stated, "if God spared not his Son but freely gave him up for us HOW MUCH MORE WILL He not freely give us ALL things"? - guy wake up .
Let Gods wrd convince u.
Drop dead tradition.
Dyu know the Bible says God has given the christian ALL THINGS tht pertain to life and godliness?
If a father opens an account for his son deposits n100M in it, but the son gets pious and only withdraws 100 000 because it is a sin to withdraw so much such a son is a fool. But wen he attacks his broda for withdrawg 10m a month and livg large enjoyg his money the gift from his lovg father and blessg others too and tellg them tht his father will bless them too the broda who withdraws and lives on peanuts gets angry and attacks him.
Dude, u hav a heavenly account, so does every born again child of God. U can make deposits and withdrawals into it. Dont let d devil deceive u tht pleasg God is to suffer and b poor on earth while ur account in heaven is bulging over. Davi was a man after God's own Heart yet He was rch , so was Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! Has God changed?
Foolishness isnt piety.
"He (God) has provided ALL things tht pertain to Life and Godliness"
includg healing and protection .
So dude learn how to plug in to ur heavenly account and enjoy d blessg of God.

Thers a verse tht says "the blessg of the Lord maketh rich (rch not subsistence) and he addeth no sorrow with it"

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
musKeeto: ^^^^

Sad situation honestly.
yes boSs, it's indeed very pathetic, just the other day I was in a gathering and someone was making references to some of oyedepo's money teachings, and the next thing a winners member started threatening to unleash the wrath of God on the poor guy, cos he felt his MOG was being insulted, this pastor worship has taken a whole new dimension ma brother. It's really pathetic
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Vansnickers: 11:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dapsy70sk: @op n̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥w i get i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅, persona bif cos ☀̤̣̈̇f d slap he gave a lady, buh  always sim †̥ wonda why d fuss abt d slap, ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏ nt †̥ suport d act okay buh still why all d trobu almost everyday  seee policemen slap n haras women en route †̥ ma place ☀̤̣̈̇f work and no one sim †̥ care n i can rembr while growin up W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ get corrected outsyd wit beatins n slaps u get bak ђσмε †̥ report abt i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ u get beat up join...but wu cares abt d policemen or d conductors and §Φ on dt haras women cos δε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r nobody i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ quote  min wr were d human ryt activist whose offices were nearby but since dy aint billionaires n §Φ on nobody bodad †̥ do anyfin or say anyfin....i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ may b wrng n u may nt lyk i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ buh  tink W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ r bringin western culture I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ȍ ours W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ all knw elders discipline younger ones here but u dare nt try i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ dr... guess d bishop was zealous for d name ☀̤̣̈̇f christ, as christ was zealous for d temple ☀̤̣̈̇f God and also paul was more zealous he proclaimed blindness on a man....buh wu r W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ †̥ judge if by chance i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ ws a mistake does dt make him a fake or cheat pastor...plsss

What is this?! Why can't you type with regular letters.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by mko2005: 11:00am On Jun 29, 2013
bolaino: and what makes u think I'm not doing something with my life?
The 'righteous' and 'holy' 'saint' ! God is waiting for u already. You can even take ur life today for u to be in heaven ! May God help u
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by mko2005: 11:10am On Jun 29, 2013
kambo:

the scriptures IS OF NO PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.
"for God so loved the wrld he gave his only begotten Son , .... " is clear enuff not b confused.
The bible is to b read in context, bringing all the verses together tht talk about wealth and prosperity shows tht God is a rich God and wants his children to b rich too.

The church, is under a new and better covenant, no mor animal sacrifices, the God of d old testament is d same God of d new, he doesnt change because he is already perfect.
If God cud bless people in d old testament with abundant prosperity how much mor under a new and better testament tht required the sacrifce of His son?
Dyu know tht in the new testament it is stated, "if God spared not his Son but freely gave him up for us HOW MUCH MORE WILL He not freely give us ALL things"? - guy wake up .
Let Gods wrd convince u.
Drop dead tradition.
Dyu know the Bible says God has given the christian ALL THINGS tht pertain to life and godliness?
If a father opens an account for his son deposits n100M in it, but the son gets pious and only withdraws 100 000 because it is a sin to withdraw so much such a son is a fool. But wen he attacks his broda for withdrawg 10m a month and livg large enjoyg his money the gift from his lovg father and blessg others too and tellg them tht his father will bless them too the broda who withdraws and lives on peanuts gets angry and attacks him.
Dude, u hav a heavenly account, so does every born again child of God. U can make deposits and withdrawals into it. Dont let d devil deceive u tht pleasg God is to suffer and b poor on earth while ur account in heaven is bulging over. Davi was a man after God's own Heart yet He was rch , so was Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! Has God changed?
Foolishness isnt piety.
"He (God) has provided ALL things tht pertain to Life and Godliness"
includg healing and protection .
So dude learn how to plug in to ur heavenly account and enjoy d blessg of God.

Thers a verse tht says "the blessg of the Lord maketh rich (rch not subsistence) and he addeth no sorrow with it"
What a write up !
Have not seen stuff like this in a long while ! This of course goes a long long way to show that you are in deed a christian and not an ignorant one ! May the almighty God grant us both the grace to make wealth and make heaven in Jesus name...! Christ never said it's not possible,though might be difficult especially when we leave HIM out or make HIM the second best after wealth and HE never said poor people will most definitely or certainly be in heaven or that the criterion for making heaven is to be poor rather HE said'' With God all things are possible''
God help us
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by mko2005: 11:16am On Jun 29, 2013
bolaino: yes boSs, it's indeed very pathetic, just the other day I was in a gathering and someone was making references to some of oyedepo's money teachings, and the next thing a winners member started threatening to unleash the wrath of God on the poor guy, cos he felt his MOG was being insulted, this pastor worship has taken a whole new dimension ma brother. It's really pathetic
If you seek for issues in the house of God or with HIS sons,you will sure find one for none is perfect ! My prayers still goes out to people like you and also my friend , a 'brother' the atheist,muskeeto whom u just referred to as ur boss. God will help us all for we all are sinners.

God help us

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by mko2005: 11:30am On Jun 29, 2013
kambo:

the bible doesnt preach subsistence.
Psalm 23 : "my cup runneth over..." . God is a God of abundance! Wen he blesses he wants it to bring glory to his name .
The widow of zarephat:
she sowed her seed to the man of God, and she got 1 mor bottle? No She got an overflow. The oil didnt run out. Now, God meets a man at his point of need. To d poor widow her need was money to rescue her sons from being sold into slavery. If u had preached Jesus to her it may hav don her no gud she was thnkg of her sons.
Dyu know if a brother like u who believes in just enuff , food and raiment only mentality, came on the scene all u'd do wud b to comfort her while her sons were abducted into slavery! Dyu know ppl die for lack of money? And many ppl live longer cuz they hav money?
Many people with curable diseases die cuz they cant foot d medical bills others are not dead but theyre not free as they shud b.

Poverty is a curse and is evil thts y ppl want to break their neck to leave ths country and afrca as a whole , its crawlg with poverty, ppl know life is meant to b enjoyed and u cant enjoy it without money thts y they do all sorts of thngs to get money includg prostitution, ritual killing, murder etc life is meant to b enjoyed not endured. Purge tht mindset from ur thnkng.

Jesus said, "i have come, that ye may have life and hav it mor abundantly".
This is Prosperity in capital Letters bro. The bible says under the law, "you shall lend to nations"

God made solomon ultra rich, if money were evil then God cursed him.
The bible says God is interested in d prosperity of his servants. If in d old testament the jews were servants how much mor those in d new testament He addresses as his children?
The bible says "I wish above all things tht you may prosper and be in health .. " . God wants u to prosper , to b rich, not just to subsist but he wants u to go about it His own way not d worldly way.
Wen Jesus used peter's boat to preach, he rewarded peter with a net breakg catch.
If God were a subsistence God, He'd hav only given peter a few fish .
Peter sowed his boat into d kingdom and reaped a material harvest.
Wen a lil boy sowed his lunch into d kingdom he didnt get just d lunch back, he got so much people were needed to help carry the 12 baskets home! Think of it? God's nature is abundance.
He gives until it overflows-he is not a penny pincher.
He multiplies the seed given to him.
He rejoices wen u succeed .
He wants u to succeed and has plans to prosper u.
He wants to u prosper till u have no more needs and instead become a channel for blessg others. A subsistence mentality is devilish and selfish.
People with money hav a lot of influence, sinners with money influence for satan.
A tru christian with money is a real threat to satan cuz he'll use his money , not to oppress the poor but to help d needy. Job did this and Satan got so mad he attacked his wealth.
But guess wat? God restored job , gave him twice mor.
Read d bible with an open mind.
God is the same he never changes .He ddnt turn over in d new testament.

Besides, if d owner of this forum were thnking food n raiment u wudnt b able to argue ur point here. Som ppl hav found jobs thru nl, gotten married, made business connections thru nl.
Wat do those ppl say "thnk God for NL". Even though seun may nt b a christian, he used a christian principle, He provided value to so many ppl and got rich in d process.
U use a computer, mayb windows,
if bill gates were thkg subsistence u'd not b able to use a pc - other oses ar too complex for d layman.
Is tht servce evil? Guy aim to b rch but dnt wrshp money dnt let it replace God in ur heart. Money is neither gud nor bad . I is human hearts tht issues gud or bad.
'My pastor' ! I chose to allow u pastor me for i have added more to my knowledge of how to balance prosperity with salvation ! You are a teacher kambo ! Keep the flag flying and i pray that HIS grace will continue to see us through until we meet finally in heaven.If by the grace of God all the atheists,unbelievers,haters of the word of God,God HIMSELF,HIS servant sons,eventually allow the grace to catch up with them,give their life to Christ and for sure make it to heaven they will regret they never withdrew a dime from their heavenly account cos we will be there waiting to welcome them !

God help us
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2013
m.k.o2005:

'My pastor' ! I chose to allow u pastor me for i have added more to my knowledge of how to balance prosperity with salvation ! You are a teacher kambo ! Keep the flag flying and i pray that HIS grace will continue to see us through until we meet finally in heaven.If by the grace of God all the atheists,unbelievers,haters of the word of God,God HIMSELF,HIS servant sons,eventually allow the grace to catch up with them,give their life to Christ and for sure make it to heaven they will regret they never withdrew a dime from their heavenly account cos we will be there waiting to welcome them !

God help us
hahahahaah, that's absurd, u believe u have an account in heaven, hilarious.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by mko2005: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2013
bolaino: hahahahaah, that's absurd, u believe u have an account in heaven, hilarious.
hehehehehehehe ! bolaino u make me laugh with this ur comment. I dnt know,i'm happy becvos of this ur comment. I think i love you (agape)no matter ur current status !

God help us
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2013
m.k.o2005:

hehehehehehehe ! bolaino u make me laugh with this ur comment. I dnt know,i'm happy becvos of this ur comment. I think i love you (agape)no matter ur current status !

God help us
may the good lord save us all.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Daystar18: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
bolaino: I sometimes wonder why africans, Nigerians in particular have refused to be rational in their thoughts and actions, they would rather close their eyes to the hard truths about life.

bishop oyedepo is a billionaire, a man who is extremely rich, a man who is rumored to have over four planes, and lots of landed properties all over the world, but who claims he makes his money from his career as an architect and as a professional writer, (does his books sell more than JK rowlings books?) I believe if the IRS should audit him, they would discover that he is the richest black man,

I have a lot of issues with this man, a man who is violent, a man who is full of himself, and a man who deceives millions of people into giving their hard earned money to his ministry, by promising them greater returns on their investments, or on their tithes and offerings, this man talks about nothing other than giving, money, this man is the king of materialism,

how can Nigeria move forward, when we have men like this who only care about their church members bringing money to their churches, not caring where these monies come from, that's why his church has a very high percentage of criminals, from yahoo yahoo boys and runs girls, to thieving politicians and ritualists, if this country is to change for the better, men like these and their ideologies have to be let go off.

You certainly think you are smarter than every member of the Winners church or indeed any other pentecostal church who gives offerings, tithes and donations for the advancement of the gospel of the living God. And there are millions of them. For this, I think you are the one that is full of yourself and not bishop Oyedepo. Have you ever bordered to ask yourself what makes intelligent, educated, highly rational, professionals and captains of industries to willingly part with their resources for the sake of the gospel? These are certainly not gullible people or air heads. I believe there is something they have found which you, as an outsider, do not know about. Something must be moving them. No doubt there are many people in the Winners commission with considerable financial resources. Many of such people actually came into the church as battered, beaten wretched paupers but their lives were transformed when they encountered the light of Jesus the Christ.

When people come to a better understanding of the nature of God and imbibes what the scriptures say about giving to the kingdom of God, they do not need any persuasion to give their resources to the church. They give so that kingdom of God and the gospel will continue to spread and to bring more people to the light of the true God. They do not give to Bishop David Oyedepo or pastor Enoch Adeboye or to pope Francis. These men only oversee the judicious application of the resources of the church.

One thing I have come to notice about people like you that cast wild allegations on bishop Oyedepo and the church he oversees is that they hardly know the man they are talking about. I urge you to pick up one or two of his books( he has over 60 books) and by the time you are done reading them you would certainly have a change of mind. You will also realize therefrom that the root of the message he preaches is for you to allow God to control your spirit man through faith in Jesus Christ. Prosperity and riches are only the fruits of that presence of God. It is that simple! Bishop Oyedepo is a man that is high on the annointing and power of God but many will chose to focus on his wealth and not on how much his message has changed the lives of millions of Christians. The private jets the pentecostal churches buy for the church leadership are for necesity and logistics. The Winners church for example has branches in over 64 nations of the world. Those jets serve as transportation, offices and worship centers while in flight.

I will leave you with a quote from 1st Corinthians 2:14 which says "But the natural man recieveth not of the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." My friend you are still a natural man and seeing the Light from far away. Come near the Light, and you shall find the truth and the truth shall set you free.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
numbers don't count when it comes to God. Out of billions of people that God washed away from the face of the earth, only eight found grace. Majority don't carry the vote with God, If you are not 100% in line with the scripture as a church, you are with the devil.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
Daystar18:

You certainly think you are smarter than every member of the Winners church or indeed any other pentecostal church who gives offerings, tithes and donations for the advancement of the gospel of the living God. And there are millions of them. For this, I think you are the one that is full of yourself and not bishop Oyedepo. Have you ever bordered to ask yourself what makes intelligent, educated, highly rational, professionals and captains of industries to willingly part with their resources for the sake of the gospel? These are certainly not gullible people or air heads. I believe there is something they have found which you, as an outsider, do not know about. Something must be moving them. No doubt there are many people in the Winners commission with considerable financial resources. Many of such people actually came into the church as battered, beaten wretched paupers but their lives were transformed when they encountered the light of Jesus the Christ.

When people come to a better understanding of the nature of God and imbibes what the scriptures say about giving to the kingdom of God, they do not need any persuasion to give their resources to the church. They give so that kingdom of God and the gospel will continue to spread and to bring more people to the light of the true God. They do not give to Bishop David Oyedepo or pastor Enoch Adeboye or to pope Francis. These men only oversee the judicious application of the resources of the church.

One thing I have come to notice about people like you that cast wild allegations on bishop Oyedepo and the church he oversees is that they hardly know the man they are talking about. I urge you to pick up one or two of his books( he has over 60 books) and by the time you are done reading them you would certainly have a change of mind. You will also realize therefrom that the root of the message he preaches is for you to allow God to control your spirit man through faith in Jesus Christ. Prosperity and riches are only the fruits of that presence of God. It is that simple! Bishop Oyedepo is a man that is high on the annointing and power of God but many will chose to focus on his wealth and not on how much his message has changed the lives of millions of Christians. The private jets the pentecostal churches buy for the church leadership are for necesity and logistics. The Winners church for example has branches in over 64 nations of the world. Those jets serve as transportation, offices and worship centers while in flight.

I will leave you with a quote from 1st Corinthians 2:14 which says "But the natural man recieveth not of the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." My friend you are still a natural man and seeing the Light from far away. Come near the Light, and you shall find the truth and the truth shall set you free.

nice write up my good sir, but it still doesn't change the fact about who david oyedepo is at heart, (a woman slapping money conscious preacher) most of the "intelligent" people u claim who attend winners, do so cos they are been told what they want to hear, they're being motivated towards material acquisition,

and point of correction because influential and wealthy people attend winners it still doesn't doesn't prove that what the church stands for is right, there are very intelligent people who are hindus, shia muslims, ritualists etc, it all boils down to the individual,

If bishop oyedepo and his cohorts were really good men preaching about change, Nigeria would have been a better country, the country is still backwards cos they preach about eating the heavenly cake (and national cake) if believing in a lie is what u think is light, then I would rather live in darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 7:44am On Jun 30, 2013
/\/\/\ Bump
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by zetch: 8:23am On Jun 30, 2013
Simple as ABC OP, Nigerians are running to Pastors because of poor economy and well because of stupidity too. I don't care if my comment is derogatory, save that stuff for the too nice suck-ass Christians. The problem also is that because Pastors tell them something is coming to solve their problems, many live their lives in a state of inaction, just going and praying that things will magically become better. Many are awaiting and hoping for promises of miracles that will never come to pass and have no expiration dates on them.

If a Pastor has private jets and is listed by Forbes as a millionaire, something is wrong. He is no business man and no friggin way do books sell that much, not to talk of religious books. Personally, I think many famous Pastors in Nigeria should be investigated. With a net worth of over $150 million, he could do a lot for the people he is constantly preaching to instead of taking more from them. He's a crook that needs to be a in a maximum security prison. But lucky him, he lives in Nigeria huh? who dares care to investigate and audit him.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by UyiIredia(m): 8:37am On Jun 30, 2013
For all his wealth, there is every possibility that the proposition that such wealth derives from his church members' offerings is flawed (personally I disbelieve this statement from Oyedepo's bashers. I should ask for physical evidence instead of taking their word for it). BTW he makes donations. He once said in a service I attended he donates millions of dollars to a branch of UN (maybe UNICEF) not to talk of the many donations he has made to students in my university which I'm certain of, and others that those close to him know about. The Oyedepo slap I found funny upon seeing it (back in C.U) but Oyedepo-bashers made me consider it in another light. I say they sheathe their swords b'cos, I know that at the very least, they've thought of slapping someone who said something they found really inane. The comment that prompted the slap was the statement "I'm a witch for Jesus" grin If I'm to bash him, it's because he can brag, like the time he said "There are only 2 universities in Africa, Covenant university and all others." He also is quite temperamental, I've witnessed this first-hand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prof James Wood. From Psychopathic Atheist To Evangelist. Total Transformation / Meet The Seven Demons That Are Rulers Of Hell (no.3 Is Not Even The Strongest / Ladies' Hair In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.