Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre (7527 Views)

Fashola Hands Over To Ambode Today- Photos / Fashola Hands Over 200 Vehicles To Law Enforcment. Pictures. / Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by EkoIle1: 3:33am On Jun 29, 2013
Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-Hour Primary Health Care Centre In Eredo
…Advocates appropriate use of referral system by citizens to optimize facilities

Jun 27, 2013 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Thursday handed over the fifth 24- hour comprehensive Primary Health Care Centre in Eredo, Epe stressing that with the commissioning, the government is laying the solid foundation for a medical care referral system predicated on a robust primary healthcare that goes from primary to secondary and tertiary levels.

The Governor who spoke at Eredo, Epe while handing over the comprehensive centre added that what the present administration seeks to achieve is to build a referral health care system that moves from a robust and intensive grassroots healthcare starting from 24 hour service delivery at the various local governments through to the general hospitals up to the teaching hospital.

"This is the only way we can fully integrate, we can redistribute our assets and optimize them, if we put all our eggs in one basket and everybody heads to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital LASUTH) in Ikeja for every small ailment, the healthcare system will not serve our need".

"A referral system that is aggregated through the primary to the secondary and tertiary level is the model that has succeeded in every part of the world and it is the model that we are committed to applying here to make healthcare a local success here", he explained.

The Governor stated that as the system take roots; there will come a time where no doctor will attend to any patient in the general hospital or in the teaching hospital unless such a person has a referral from the primary healthcare centre

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by EkoIle1: 3:33am On Jun 29, 2013
///

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by HisMajesty1(m): 3:38am On Jun 29, 2013
Wonderful development.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by Garrithe1st: 4:03am On Jun 29, 2013
What has Delta State Gov. commissioned since 2007??

Eko Oni Baje oooo!!!

cool

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by EkoIle1: 4:46am On Jun 29, 2013
Garri the 1st: What has Delta State Gov. commissioned since 2007??

Eko Oni Baje oooo!!!

cool

Or any other village governor in that area apart from Amaechi..

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by ba7man(m): 5:23am On Jun 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

Or any other village governor in that area apart from Amaechi..
I'm sure Gov Fashola is way ahead of them but they could also be silent with their own achievements too.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by kaze4blues(m): 5:45am On Jun 29, 2013
A responsible govt like this is what we crave for in the southwest.

Not..

"Our son must be there or else nigeria divides"

God bless fashola

Eko o ni baje

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by naptu2: 5:57am On Jun 29, 2013
We also need massive public enlightenment campaign to get people to use these centres. One major problem we have is that people bypass these centres and go straight to the general hospitals for every little ailment they have, thereby over stretching facilities at the general hospitals.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by EkoIle1: 6:04am On Jun 29, 2013
naptu2: We also need massive public enlightenment campaign to get people to use these centres. One major problem we have is that people bypass these centres and go straight to the general hospitals for every little ailment they have, thereby over stretching facilities at the general hospitals.

Very good point.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by EkoIle1: 6:08am On Jun 29, 2013
They are practically delivering these centers like every 1-2 per month with 52 others waiting to be commissioned..
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by dayokanu(m): 6:10am On Jun 29, 2013

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by EkoIle1: 6:19am On Jun 29, 2013
Happy birthday to governor Fahola.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by EkoIle1: 6:22am On Jun 29, 2013
Good to see Amaechi and the Tinubus celebrating with fashola....

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by naptu2: 6:52am On Jun 29, 2013
Happy birthday

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by Akshow: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2013
I'm so positive some hating lots will soon come here to rubbish this commendable act. Eko oni baje o
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by Sibrah: 8:12am On Jun 29, 2013
Garri the 1st: What has Delta State Gov. commissioned since 2007??

Eko Oni Baje oooo!!!

cool
You making a mistake bro . . . . Uduaghan is not a sleeping governor but an I before others IBO governor.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by KINGwax(m): 8:32am On Jun 29, 2013
In other news...haters are gon' hate na ni!

Reitiree homes ystdy was a misplaced priority, today's own nko?

Eyin haters, show ur face o

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by bloggernaija: 8:46am On Jun 29, 2013
One surgery at a time. Gradually, it will grow into a behemoth.that is how wise men operate. Happy birthday fashola
Birds of the same feather flock together. Not surprised to see amaechi there. The guy understands the country better than any other politician east of the Niger.he knows how to build bridges and when to draw a line . I see him jumping ship very soon. He wouldn't have to share rivers money with all the politicians under the pressure of Abuja .
Do you know that Rotimi amaechi had to create a smaller parallel foriegn scholarship for the children of rivers politicians so that they do not pollute and corrupt the main one which is strictly based on merit.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by tatosh: 8:49am On Jun 29, 2013
At least we hear news of Fashola commisioning this and that every time. What has Jonathan commisioned this year? Jang governors forum office?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by Aderostock(m): 9:33am On Jun 29, 2013
we need to return to regional government where all regions will be competing amongst eachother. so that the likes of Babatunde Fashola will be made or elected as prime minister of south west cos we need him here than the useless centre.
Fashola is too intelligent than all the leaders we have presently in this country. kudos to you sir

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by pistol: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2013
One direct result of shouting oneself hoarse over any step that fashola takes is that as we continue in this misguided form of hero worship,
We loose focus of the tangible,
and we find ourselves with the crowd and mediocrity finally takes its place.
Mind you am not hating,
But you guys should at least give it some rest.

You guys are loosing the plot,
Every body is becoming fatigued of " fashola hero worship syndrome" that you guys are promoting.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by Garrithe1st: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2013
pistol: One direct result of shouting oneself hoarse over any step that fashola takes is that as we continue in this misguided form of hero worship,
We loose focus of the tangible,
and we find ourselves with the crowd and mediocrity finally takes its place.
Mind you am not hating,
But you guys should at least give it some rest.

You guys are loosing the plot,
Every body is becoming fatigued of " fashola hero worship syndrome" you guys are promoting.

Winsh!!! Why are you flying in this morning?? Were you unable to complete your nocturnal mission??

Call it whatever you like, the fact is Fashola is delivering!!

I challenge you to open a thread to show us the achievements of your Governor in the last 12 months so we can "worship" him as well.

I see you running like a scared squirrel.... grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by DIVINE78: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2013
ba7man: I'm sure Gov Fashola is way ahead of them but they could also be silent with their own achievements too.
I'm with you on that brother. While I'm a very big fan of Fashola and whatever has a semblance of development I'm not from Lagos, I suggest we just celebrate his achievement and not condemn any other gov.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by Daveflex(m): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2013
This man is working in lagos state God bless him, am jst passing bye
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by naptu2: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2013
When the government completes a project, they make it public so that citizens (taxpayers) will know what's being done with their funds. These citizens will also be the people who will use these facilities, but they can't use the facilities if they don't know about them.

Some people will say that the government is not doing anything if these things are not publicised.

Indeed, I think that, rather than complaining, we should encourage other public officials to publicise their accomplishments.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by gen2briz(m): 10:48am On Jun 29, 2013
But why always fashola....
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by Garrithe1st: 10:58am On Jun 29, 2013
ba7man: I'm sure Gov Fashola is way ahead of them but they could also be silent with their own achievements too.

See one of my oga's silent achievement...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by ichommy(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2013
Weldone SAN pon para
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by thomason: 11:15am On Jun 29, 2013
Well done Fash.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by ebioloye1: 11:15am On Jun 29, 2013
ahahahahahahah na wah!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by naturalwaves: 11:23am On Jun 29, 2013
Garri the 1st:

See one of my oga's silent achievement...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Can U please explain to me what that Governor is doing up there. I have been seeing this picture all around. His he controlling traffic or what?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 29, 2013
Aderostock: we need to return to regional government where all regions will be competing amongst eachother. so that the likes of Babatunde Fashola will be made or elected as prime minister of south west cos we need him here than the useless centre.
Fashola is too intelligent than all the leaders we have presently in this country. kudos to you sir

Since when did you turn pro-south west? Are you a chameleon?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

German Firm To Partner Katstina State In Construction Of 125mw Solar Plant. / FG Plans 20-man Panel To Review Electoral Laws / Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.