Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: (15145 Views)

Saraki Hands Over To Ekweremadu / Fashola Hands Over To Ambode Today- Photos / Fashola Hands Over 200 Vehicles To Law Enforcment. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2011
Commissioning Of The Maternal And Child Health Centre, Ajeromi General Hospital

Dec 1, 2011 - Today, I stand before you once again to fulfill our electoral promise of making life more meaningful for our people. Today, we bring the good tidings of safe delivery to our mothers and a healthy living to our children in Ajeromi area.

Today demonstrate to our people that not only does your Government have the capacity to reduce infant and maternal mortality, it has the imagination and determination to deliver improved healthcare for children and mothers.

Maternal and child health remained critical determinants of global and national health. Women of child-bearing age and the pediatric age group constitute a significant and vulnerable segment of the good people of Lagos State.

We cannot underplay the crucial and unequalled roles our mothers play in the nurturing and growth of our children and consequently, our nation. To this end, we will continue to strive for their utmost comfort and medical safety.

The Ajeromi Maternal and Child Centre that we officially hand over for public use today is the fourth of its type that our Government has delivered to the public.

It is a 110- (One Hundred and Ten) bed specially designed hospital for women and children, as a decisive response to the problems of access and distance in the way they compound the indices of infant and maternal mortality.

The first of this type of facility was delivered in Ikorodu, the second one was delivered in Isolo, and the third in Ifako Ijaiye.

The Maternal and Child Centers at Ikorodu, Isolo and Ifako Ijaiye were commissioned in the first quarter of the year 2010.

Throughout their first 21 months of operations, these three facilities recorded a total of 89,255 antenatal clinic attendances, 15,091 gynecologic clinic attendances and 121,549 pediatric clinic attendances out of which 5,335 children (4.4%) required hospitalization. Of the total of 9,689 deliveries conducted to date at the three facilities, 3,653 (38%) were Caesarean Sections.

Until your Government provided these facilities, women in labour who required special attention had to travel from Ikorodu, Isolo and Ifako Ijaiye all to Ayinke House in Ikeja.

Sometimes during this travel, complications occur in labour and the worst happens. We lose either the child, the mother or sometimes both.

Since we started building these centres, the story has changed. The incidence of death during labour has dropped significantly because the facilities in Ikorodu, Isolo and Ifako Ijaiye are serving their purpose.

Taxpayers' money is well spent, and even as we speak, Ayinke House is undergoing a major reconstruction with new equipment to bring it to the standards that we now have in these new centres.

This same type of facility is now ready for handover in Surulere, Amuwo Odofin and Alimosho, while the one in Ibjeu Lekki is under construction.

Interestingly, our Government has approved two more for Year 2012 to be located in Badagry and Epe and this will bring the number to 10 (Ten).

As I said, the Ajeromi Maternal and Child Centre is the fourth of these projects to be commissioned. The project was completed and opened to the public in July 2011.

Operations commenced on the 25th July 2011 and as at November 27, 2011 the records reflect antenatal clinic attendance of 2,116, gynecology clinic attendance of 783, and pediatric clinic attendance of 4,423. 254 out of the pediatric clientele required hospitalization.

This facility has recorded 254 deliveries inclusive of 94 Caesarean Sections and 31 gynecological surgeries.

It is my fervent hope that the availability of these services would complement other maternal and child survival strategies being implemented by the State.

I am confident that families, communities and leaders can be counted on to play their pivotal roles in the proper utilization of these unique facilities to provide the desired outcomes.

To the good people of Ajeromi-Ifelodun local government area, I say congratulations as we share this moment in history and pray that this centre will provide the expected succor to our mothers and children.

Indeed while we are confident that the trepidation of pregnancies will now be supplanted by the celebration of safe delivery and happy motherhood, we must remind ourselves that birth control and family planning is a responsibility that all of us must take seriously.

Our war against poverty will be difficult to win, if nothing is done to aggressively control our population growth. If we control the numbers, the feast will be plentiful.

Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure and privilege to formally commission the Maternal and Child Health Centre at Ajeromi General Hospital to the glory of God and the benefit of humanity.

I thank you all.

Eko o ni baje o!

BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOlA (SAN)
Governor of Lagos State

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2011

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2011
;

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2011
THIS FASHOLA OF A DUDE MUST BE A BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH MAN! angry

In this day and age of infection everywhere. . .we still have rooms like prisons?
Are we still living in the era of MARY SLESSOR OR FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE? undecided
Why do we always settle for substandard things?
Are Nigerians not good enough for private rooms at this stage of our existence? undecided
Tuberculosis go just kill every pickin for this place finish.
You cannot see this kind of thing in ANY civilized part of the world.
The windows do not even have mosquito nets to protect immuno-compromised children.

A FOUR STORY BUILDING WITH NO ELEVATORS TO TRANSPORT SICK CHILDREN from their mothers' backs?
Abeg, any barry see any h-airconditioning unit protruding from any part of that building? undecided
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH? I see internal air-conditioning units.
Wey the generator wey go work 24/7 in Lagos where PCHN is practically non-existent. AJEGUNLE FOR THAT MATTER? shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/586259_2_jpg156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b

Is that a gym or an operating room/birthing center I am seeing? shocked
Only in Africa will we have an operating room open for lizards to come in and out!
The whole gadddem place is supposed to be STERILE WITH SUB ZERO DEGREE TEMP TO KEEP BUGS AWAY!!!! cry

Nigeria is finished. I bet you Fashola will quote billions for this monkey project.

What a rip off!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay:

In this day and age of infection everywhere. . .we still have rooms like prisons?
Why do we always settle for substandard?
Are Nigerians not good enough for private rooms at this stage of our existence
? undecided

Private rooms in a public hospital? Are you alright?

So because they have security on the window, it's substandard?

What's your meaningless rubbish got to do with people getting needed care and babies getting delivered in a safe and secured environment?

If you have something to cry and be sad about, at least try apply some sense.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

Private rooms in a public hospital? Are you alright?

So because they have security on the window, it's substandard?

What's your meaningless rubbish got to do with people getting needed care and babies getting delivered in a safe and secured environment?

If you have something to cry and be sad about, at least try apply some sense.

No need for your childish insults. . . I just gave my critique of the 'white elephant' project common to the Nigerian mentality.
You can only agree or disagree! kiss
Are Nigerians not good enough to have private rooms in public hospital?
THE GOVERNMENT HAS MADE AVAILABLE THE FUNDS. FASHOLA HAS STOLEN ALL OF IT! kiss
There is nothihg safe or secure about that pitiful building. All painted in pink and some second hand equipment!
Please show us if the chilldren and their parents will have a place to take a shyte! Or if there is gonna be an out-house along the road like we have all over Lagos!

Sorry sir!
This is just window-dressing. You use your brains for a change!
Your darling Fashola ain't gonna send ANY of his children to that death trap. . . not even his sick pet goat!

Some barry help me shout:

[size=20pt]4-1-9!!![/size]
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2011
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay:

Only in Africa will we have an operating room open for lizards to come in and out!

It is the operating room where I will lead the team that will carry out Nigeria's first brain transplant. Yeah! you guessed right. You are the patient. grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2011
1stCitizen:

It is the operating room where I will lead the team that will carry out Nigeria's first brain transplant. Yeah! you guessed right. You are the patient. grin grin grin grin

Mu he he he he he
In this ya 'Fashola' Women and Childrens Morgue? grin
May my God forbid!

Are you familiar with the term OPO. . 'organ procurement organization'?
This is what this Ajegunle joint is gonna be.
Harvesting women and childrens' organs for rituals! cheesy

Throughout their first 21 months of operations, these three facilities recorded a total of 89,255 antenatal clinic attendances, 15,091 gynecologic clinic attendances and 121,549 pediatric clinic attendances out of which 5,335 children (4.4%) required hospitalization. Of the total of 9,689 deliveries conducted to date at the three facilities, 3,653 (38%) were Caesarean Sections.

So how many died? wink
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Areosapien(f): 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2011
Is that a gym or an operating room/birthing center I am seeing?

LMFAO!! grin
In fairness though, I think we should go easy on Fashola on this one. Remember this is Ajegunle we're talking about. When building things like this, remember you have to gauge them according to the income of the people, so as to make upkeep easier. Should he add all those cool things you mentioned, then he'd also have to increase the charging rates. And this might ultimately make the 'hospital' inaffordable, making it a failure.
Before this hospital, remember AJ was just a razz place with extremely poor healthcare, where you go walk into a hospital with a gunshot wound and dem go carry malaria drug give you.

So, at all at all na im bad pass.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by honeric01(m): 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2011
1stCitizen:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2011
No excuse at all. It is a government hospital and healthcare is supposed to be freeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
No point buildiing an edifice where patients have to cook the meals of their own babies. . . buy their own medication/blood. . .etc.
Of what use are these buildings when the health care is not freeeeeeeeeeee.
With all the stolen wealth in that Nigeria?
Adenuga nor spend 30million Naira for one his daughter's wedding?

Nigerians are wicked I swear!

I have taken my children to a Nigerian hospital. . .and I have spent time working in one of those centers as a volunteer even when visiting. . . let me tell you. . .those buildings do not mean JACK!

YOUR HELL IS JUST BEGINNING WHEN THEY TELL YOU YOU HAVE TO GO BUY YOUR OWN DRUGS AND BLOOD. . .AND YOUR CHILD IS DYING WITH NOT A SINGLE OXYGEN TANK IN SIGHT. . . AND NO ELECTRICITY!!!!!!

You have to cook your own meals for your child. . .even after having the children.
Your husband is NOT allowed inside the operating room to help or support you.
Your husband cannot spend time with you and your child. . . SHARIA NATION OF COURSE!
After men and women make a child together. . .the almighty religious hospitals tell you both men and women cannot be in the same room. . . after phocking to make the child o! cheesy
The men are off phocking other women till the women are discharged from the hospitals! grin

All women have to share the same room after giving birth and use I TOILET!!!!
Every woman's azzzz in each other's face in one room after giving birth even with CS! Stinking pads every where! cry
Every woman has to wash her own clothes or wait for family members to bring them food. Or they all have mini kerosine stoves UNDER EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERY PHOCKING BED TO COOK AKAMU. Imagine one mofo setting the whole gaddam place on faya one night.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Gbawe: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay:

Why do we always settle for substandard?
Are Nigerians not good enough for private rooms at this stage of our existence? undecided
Tuberculosis go just kill every pickin for this place finish.
You cannot see this kind of thing in ANY civilized part of the world.
The windows do not even have mosquito nets to protect immuno-compromised children.

A FOUR STORY BUILDING WITH NO ELEVATORS TO TRANSPORT SICK CHILDREN from their mothers' backs?
Abeg, any barry see any h-airconditioning unit protruding from any part of that building? undecided
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH? I see internal air-conditioning units.
Wey the generator wey go work 24/7 in Lagos where PCHN is practically non-existent. AJEGUNLE FOR THAT MATTER? shocked

Nigeria is finished. I bet you Fashola will quote billions for this monkey project.

What a rip off!

Wow . So this is the extent to which bad belle can make one lose sight of everything? So you completely miss what is stated below in your haste to only find negatives? Why not , for once, just appreciate instead of hating and criticising blindly? It matters not a jot to you that lives are being saved, infant mortality rates is coming down and that these centres are achieving exactly what were built to do. Instead you prefer non-starter argument just to justify a desire to rant negatively. When you are nitpicking over whether the AC is central or localised, instead of appreciating the real care these centres are actually delivering, it is obvious you don't talk in the genuine interest of what is best for Lagosians.

Since we started building these centres, the story has changed. The incidence of death during labour has dropped significantly because the facilities in Ikorodu, Isolo and Ifako Ijaiye are serving their purpose.

Taxpayers' money is well spent, and even as we speak, Ayinke House is undergoing a major reconstruction with new equipment to bring it to the standards that we now have in these new centres.

This same type of facility is now ready for handover in Surulere, Amuwo Odofin and Alimosho, while the one in Ibjeu Lekki is under construction.

Interestingly, our Government has approved two more for Year 2012 to be located in Badagry and Epe and this will bring the number to 10 (Ten).

As I said, the Ajeromi Maternal and Child Centre is the fourth of these projects to be commissioned. The project was completed and opened to the public in July 2011.

Operations commenced on the 25th July 2011 and as at November 27, 2011 the records reflect antenatal clinic attendance of 2,116, gynecology clinic attendance of 783, and pediatric clinic attendance of 4,423. 254 out of the pediatric clientele required hospitalization.

This facility has recorded 254 deliveries inclusive of 94 Caesarean Sections and 31 gynecological surgeries.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2011
One of the largest hospitals here is built in the south side. It is world class, and so people come from far and wide to the hospital. The situating of this hospital down in the south, has also meant serious employment for these very poor communities. The money the hospital generates helps feed the same community and so, it is typical to find streets in this area today where most all the houses have at least one person who works at this gigantic hospital.

Now to address the question of the ability of the poor to afford care at said hospital? Well, the few employed at the hospital get benefits that likely help reduce cost of care. So they not only enjoy employment but also access to world-standard care. Many others, get some state health care aid that subsidizes cost, while the rest simply go to other hospitals in surrounding areas to get the help they need. It is not unheard of to have to drive 30 minutes across town to get to a hospital here. I live only a block from one of the major hospitals here. But when I need healthcare, I drive about 30 minutes north myself.

My point(for all those too lazy to put two and two together on their own) --- That Ajegunle is a poor are is no reason why the people cannot have a world class State hospital situated right in the middle of all that.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2011
hhmm . . I see the attack dogs are awake . . . .
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2011
Gbam! I ask again? Are people in Ajegunle not entitled to the best of healthcare? undecided
Real attack dogs o!
I don't know what is really wrong with Nigerians but selfishness and wickedness.
Will Fashola take his child to give birth in ANY of these centers? No!
Will ANY of Fashola's grandchildren spend one minute in ANY of these ramshackle buildings. . .NO!

Gbawe:

Wow . So this is the extent to which bad belle can make one lose sight of everything? So you completely miss what is stated below in your haste to only find negatives? Why not , for once, just appreciate instead of hating and criticising blindly? It matters not a jot to you that lives are being saved, infant mortality rates is coming down and that these centres are achieving exactly what were built to do. Instead you prefer non-starter argument just to justify a desire to rant negatively. When you are nitpicking over whether the AC is central or localised, instead of appreciating the real care these centres are actually delivering, it is obvious you don't talk in the genuine interest of what is best for Lagosians.

What is the bad belle about this. This happens ALL OVA NIGERIA.
Appreciate what? undecided
Substandard healthcare? Because the people of Ajegunle are poor?
A desire to rant negatively?
Obviously, your years of exile in any foreign country of your choice have not made any impact on your physical or spiritual wellbeing.
Many apologies.
This is not about your almighty Lagosians ok?
Sooooooooooooooooo, only Lagosians live in Lagos and Ajegunle huh?
Wonders!

I pity Nigerians and Nigeria, TWA!!!!!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Gbawe: 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay:

Gbam! I ask again? Are people in Ajegunle not entitled to the best of healthcare? undecided
Real attack dogs o!
I don't know what is really wrong with Nigerians but selfishness and wickedness.
Will ANY of Fashola's grandchildren spend one minute in ANY of this ramshackle buildings. . .NO!

Aprreciate what? undecided

I call it bad belle because your argument lacks merit. Look at how you ungraciously call these buildings "ramshackle. The link below shows you an average NHS hospital ward in the UK. You should tell us how substantially different that ward is to the one in the hospital commissioned by Fashola.

http://www.stockphotography.co.uk/Store/Zoom.aspx?Prodid=8629

Secondly, in testimony to "bad belle", you ignored the most important message of the article that shows you how these centres are actually delivering badly need care, saving the lives of more mothers and lowering infant mortality "significantly" . If one puts together how , despite your criticism, hospital wards in even developed Nation don't look too functionally different to the one here and how you ignore the real contribution these centres are making, most folks will conclude you talk out of bad belle.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2011
1.  This is a maternal child care center

2. You know the care is substand because some kind of care has been rendered to you at this center?

3. Please share your care experience after visiting and obtaining care at this center before.

4. Please tell us what is substandard at this center. Are they not delivering babies? Are the babies and mothes dying? Please tell us precisely what is substand care.

Sinachay:

Real attack dogs o!
Will ANY of Fashola's grandchildren spend one minute in ANY of these ramshackle buildings. . .NO!

Appreciate what? undecided
Substandard healrcare?
A desire to rant negatively?
Obviously, your years of exile in any foreign country of your choice has not made any impact on your physical or spiritual wellbeing.
Many apologies.
This is not about your almight Lagosians ok?
Sooooooooooooooooo, only Lagosians live in Lagos and Ajegunle huh?
Wonders!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by ak47mann(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay  you are quite right thou, none of them will take their children to those hospital for treatment,don't blame them is illiteracy and poverty join together you see those two things can keep a country backward for 5000 years cool cool

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2011
ak47mann:

Sinachay you are quite right thou, none of them will take the children to those hospital for treatment,don't blame them is illiteracy and poverty join together you see those two things can keep a country backward for 5000 years cool cool

Thank you! kiss
That is why I like you all the time. kiss
You say the truth.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

1.  This is a maternal child care center

2. You know the care is substand because some kind of care has been rendered to you at this center?

3. Please share your care experience after visiting and obtaining care at this center before.

4. Please tell us what is substandard at this center. Are they not delivering babies? Are the babies and mothes dying? Please tell us precisely what is substand care.

I will not waste more time with you because you lack understanding of these issues. You are only in it because of the political correctness. ALL FOR SHOW!

Firstly. Nigerian does not have any credible, monitoring entities to tell us what is really going on in these centers. ONLY A FOOOOOOL WILL BELIEVE THEM! All we know is that Fashola is building and REPORTING HIS OWN PROGRESS REPORT. . . . smiling in front of the media with some poverty-stricken, stark illiterates, who have no rights to their own health histories or lab reports. HE PROLLY PAID THEM ALL TOO TO STRIKE THAT POSE!!! All the poor people know is that they are taking pictures with the almighty Fashola. . . THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN WITH THEIR EYES AS A YORUBA SUPA STAR WITH 'SWAGGER'! Not done in any part of the civilized world.

WHO COMMISSIONED THAT PROJECT BUT FASHOLA THE ALPHA AND OMEGA HIMSELF? cheesy
THIS IS THE WWW DARLING. . . NOT AJEGUNLE. WE ARE NOT DAFT! grin

Secondly, you are a man just like Fashola. . . you are in ABSOLUTELY NO position to address ANY of the issues affecting women and children in Nigeria or ANY part of this world.

Your job stops at ejakulation sir, not even conception! No offence! kiss

Eko Ile:

1.  This is a maternal child care center

Ditto!
Same goes for you sir! kiss
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2011
ak47mann:

Sinachay  you are quite right thou, none of them will take the children to those hospital for treatment,don't blame them is illiteracy and poverty join together you see those two things can keep a country backward for 5000 years cool cool

L ookat this one, no be under tree den dey give birth, for your village?

lmao.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay:
All we know is that Fashola is building and REPORTING HIS OWN PROGRESS REPORT. Not done in any part of the civilized world.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay:

I will not waste more time with you because you lack understanding of these issues. You are only in it because of the political correctness.
Nigerian does not have any credible, monitoring entities to tell us what is really going on in these  centers. All we know is that Fashola is building and REPORTING HIS OWN PROGRESS REPORT. Not done in any part of the civilized world.

oSecondly, you are a man just like Fashola. . . you are in NO position to address the issues affecting women and children in Nigeria or ANY part of this world.
Your job stops at ejakulation sir, not even conception! N offence!

You didn't answer my questions for obvious reasons. Only a foolish  i.diot offers assessments about what they're have not personally experienced and can not effectively articulate.

How re.tarded. You can not even tell us what substand care is or what made this place substandard. How do you even reached any kind of conclusion about
A place you have never visited?

Some of you are just freeking insane.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

You didn't answer my questions for obvious reasons. Only a foolish  i.diot offers assessments about what they're have not personally experienced and can not effectively articulate.
How re.tarded. You can not even tell us what substand care is or what made this place substandard. How do you even reached any kind of conclusion about
A place you have never visited?
Some of you are just freeking insane.

Insults as the best defence huh?
I already told you why those ramshackle buildings do not meet the most basic health of safety standards of any third world country besides Nigeria.

1. Poor ventilation.
2. Severe breach of infection control standards! YOU DO NOT HAVE WINDOWS OPEN IN ANY BIRTHING CENTER OR OPERATING ROOM. But your sleek-willy
Fashola already knows that there will be NO electricity anytime soon in Ajegunle and left provisions for windows. . .so NATURAL BREEZE CAN BLOW IN DISEASES AS DOCTORS USE CANDLES TO OPERATE IN THE USUAL FASHION. wink

Why did he not show us the toilets and bathrooms of the facility? WHERE ARE THE LABS? . . .Abi Ajegunle residents dey forbid hospital gowns and supplies for hopitals? It does not take much to see through those images. In this day and age. . .ANY NEW FACILITY BUILT SHOULD HAVE PRIVATE WARDS/ROOMS. NO ONE WANTS TO BE SMELLING ANOTHER WOMAN'S ARZZZE OR BABY'S SHYTE IN AN OPEN WARD. . . especially when you do not know what kinds of diseases these low-income group residents have while pregnant! COMMON SENSE SIR! THEY ARE NOT SCREEEENED FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASES. . .ALL WE KNOW IS THAT DEM WAN BORN PICKIN. . . THE BEGINING AND END OF A WOMAN'S LIFE IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA!!! kiss

Now, I could go on and on about this. . . but it would serve no purpose.
My darling husband leaves for Nigeria tomorrow. . . I need to give him some attention and GO BUY HIM SOME CONDOMS. . .if he will use them o! HE IS A NIGERIAN MAN. wink

Have a blessed week! kiss
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Gbawe: 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay:

Thank you! kiss
That is why I like you all the time. kiss
You say the truth.

What truth? Nigerians, of folks I know, are most fond of arguing blindly even when confronted with facts, pictorial evidence and actual eye witness testimony !!!! How do you and ak47mann imagine hospital wards look even in the best nations of the world?

Below is another UK hospital ward since you failed to comment on the first one supplied.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1094790/Deadly-winter-vomiting-bug-plunges-NHS-chaos-hospitals-forced-shut-wards.html

Is it vastly different to the one in the hospital Fashola commissions? If no, what are you and Ak47mann going on about? Does the UK not still provide some of the best public healthcare in the entire world ?

The real problem is that you guys probably don't actually know what a functional ward or maternity theatre looks like in even Nations that are exemplary at public healthcare. I don't see any "truth". I only see the usual desire for Nigerians to automatically assume anything to do with Nigeria is the worst to be found worldwide to justify their need to be negative always.

I have shown you two Hospital wards from a Nation that still sets the pace as far as public healthcare goes. Those pictures, bar little differences, are similar in functional design to that seen here !!!! If UK hospital wards don't look different to the one in the hospital Fashola is commissioning, what is your point especially as these centres are serving the purposes they were built to serve?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by ak47mann(m): 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2011
let educate those bush men that still living on trees even bore hole is achievement too am ashamed of Africa, swear down,

OK now here is a children hospital in SOUTH AFRICA build by red cross not government,and is in better standard than any hospital in Nigeria shameless people embarassed

Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital is South Africa's only dedicated child health institution and offers a comprehensive range of specialist paediatric services to children. It is a centre of excellence for the training of all categories of child health professionals.

Children from all nine provinces, and from all over Africa, are referred to Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital by referral hospitals, clinics and smaller hospitals. The hospital is active in paediatric outreach and support programmes across South Africa.

Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital is regarded as South Africa's leading centre for post-graduate specialist paediatric medical and surgical training. The hospital's tertiary facility provides comprehensive dedicated paediatric services with a full range of sub-specialties at quaternary, tertiary and secondary levels of care.

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2011
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Gbawe: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2011
ak47mann:

let educate those bush men that still living on tress even bore hole is achievement too am ashamed of Africa, swear down,

OK now here is a children hospital in SOUTH AFRICA build by red cross not government,and is in better standard than any hospital in Nigeria shameless people embarassed

Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital is South Africa's only dedicated child health institution and offers a comprehensive range of specialist paediatric services to children. It is a centre of excellence for the training of all categories of child health professionals.

Children from all nine provinces, and from all over Africa, are referred to Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital by referral hospitals, clinics and smaller hospitals. The hospital is active in paediatric outreach and support programmes across South Africa.

Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital is regarded as South Africa's leading centre for post-graduate specialist paediatric medical and surgical training. The hospital's tertiary facility provides comprehensive dedicated paediatric services with a full range of sub-specialties at quaternary, tertiary and secondary levels of care.

It is always regretable that it is those who don't show much aptitude for logical thinking who are always keen to call others "illiterate" and "bush men". My friend , you are not capable of educating anyone because it you who actually needs education with how you are too simplistic to understand that a Local Lagos Health centre , specifically built to serve a catchment area, can never look like a specialist, National and training hospital that is one of its kind even for South Africa !!! I guess in your haste to criticise vacously you missed this from your own article :

If not ignorant you will know that Great Ormond Street Hospital is a globally regarded centre of excellence in child healthcare yet this Hospital is not the most imposing or most grand of Hospitals in the UK !!!!! In fact, most UK Hospital , to include those that look far more grand than Great ormond, often have to refer children to great Ormond for treatment by the best specialist in the world !!!! It is therefore sad that Nigerians exist who are ignorant enough to begin judging how good, important or effective hospitals are by virtue of size and grandness . Compare Great Ormond and Queens Hospital in Romford below. I guess by your logic we must conclude that Queens Hospital is a fantastic Hospital delivering world class care while Great Ormond is a "ramshackle" disgrace offering poor health care . In case you are not aware of it, Healthcare delivery is not about large and imposing hospitals alone. The Local NHS health centres , now springing up over the UK, shows how mentality is shifting towards local healthcare that means folks don't have to travel far to recieve treatment. Thes Health centres are usually small and unimposing but the main idea is that the centre serves the catchment area effectively and adequately. 

Great ormond.

Gueens Hospital. Romford.

Below is a local Health centre built to primarily serve the folks of Chadwell Heath. I guess using the the thinking of some. We must assume the health centre below is a disgrace because it does not looke like Queens Hospital Romford or the Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital in South Africa

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2011
Gbawe:

it is always regretable that it is those who don't show much aptitude for logical thinking who are always keen to call others "illiterate" and "bush men". My friend , you are not capable of educating anyone because it you who actually needs education with how you are too simplistic to understand that a Local Lagos Health centre specifically built to serve a catchment area can never look like a specialist and training hosptial that is one of its kind even for South Africa !!! I guess in your haste to criticise vacously you missed this from your own article :

If not ignorant you will know that Great Ormond Street Hospital is a globally regarded centre of excellence in child healthcare yet this Hospital is not the most imposing or grand of Hospitals in the UK !!!!! In fact, most Uk Hospital , to include those that look far more grand than Great ormond, often have to refer children to great Ormond for treatment by the best specialist in the world !!!! It is therefore sad that Nigerians exist who are ignorant enough to begin judging how good, important or effective hospitals are by virtue of size and grandness . Compare Great Ormond and Queens Hospital in romford below. I guess by your logic we must conclude that Queens Hospital is a fantastic Hospital delivering world class care while Great Ormond is a "ramshackle" disgrace offering poor health care .

Great ormond.

Gueens Hospital. Romford.

What exactly is your point? undecided
First of all, you show us an old folk's home in the UK of all places with the most conservative of healthcare policies. . . however adequate.
In your lack of foresightness. . . you failed to realize that you were only helping my arguement.
YOUR HOSPITAL IN THE UK WAS SHUT DOWN BECAUSE OF THE OUTBREAK OF FLU. . . REASON? NO PRIVATE ROOMS! kiss
EVEN THE HOSPITAL STAFF WERE MADE TO STAY HOME. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN THE USA!!!! NEVER!!!! TO CLOSE DOWN A WHOLE HOSPITAL OR UNIT BECAUSE OF THE FLU? NEVER I SAY.

http://www.stockphotography.co.uk/Store/Zoom.aspx?Prodid=8629

With all these building you are showing us?. . .DO YOU FORBID THEM IN NIGERIA? undecided
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sinachay:

With all these building you are showin us. . .DO YOU FORBID THEM IN NIGERIA? undecided
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Sinachay: 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2011
Look at what AK47mann showed us?
In South Africa next door to Nigeria. . . BUILT BY THE RED CROSS. . . A CHARITY ORGANIZATION! cry
Specially devoted to the care of children.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/586357_red_cross_hospital_jpgcc94832ef70b92694d6cb16cdf83de75

Compared to this Fashola RRRRRRRRRRRRRUBISH?
That looks like my grand-fathers house with 20 tenants in the village to collect petty rent in old age? undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/586258_1_jpgf3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800

You can tell he purposely built it like a make-shift home. . .to convert it to some private residences in his old age TO COLLECT RENT. These look like flats NOT A HOSPITAL! GUESS WHO OWNS ALL THOSE BUILDINGS? FASHOLA AND SONS. 10 YEARS FROM NOW. . .THERE WOULD BE NO RECORD OF THOSE SO-CALLED HOSPITALS. . . THEY ARE NOT GOVERNMENT PROPERTY SIR! 4-1-9!!!!! kiss
Tell your Fashola to reveal the names in whose these buildings are recorded. . . You will be shocked to know he has willed them ALL to his grandchildren UNBORN. . . NOT YET IN EXISTENCE. . . !!! 4-1-9!!!! kiss

NO BE NIGERIA WE DEY?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh! Looks like a doggone building you find in Onitsha market inhabited by some traders for quick-cash!
Are we going forward or are we moving backward in time? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sanusi Indicted Of Fraud & Forgery Over Bank Nationalization / Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 / Jonathan Visits Emir Of Dutse During PDP Campaign Rally in Jigawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.