Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment (24161 Views)

University Of Calabar Retires Professor For Plagiarism / Sexual Harassment In Auchi Polytechnic: Prostitutes Assist Male Students / UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Ayatullah(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
Professor David Kolo is therefore a living proof that western education is sacrilege - BOKO HARAM.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by noblejayz(m): 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2013
kels on point: his manhood should chopped off grin
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Ferdinandu(m): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
x-razzy:
YOU GUYS SHOULD GET THE INSIDE STORY. PROF. KOLO WAS SET UP.... PART OF THE ONGOING OPERATION NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS
He has turned to typical Nigerian Politician when they catch him in corruption he will turn around and start shouting: "This is a political witch-hunting." Meanwhile the Rogue has truly stolen the money.Who cares where he is from or not, the issue is, "Did they catch him trying to take advantage of his Student or not?" simple.Don't complicate the issue.immorality and evil have no ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Bashirfuntua(m): 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
sex is not the answer sex is the begining of the problem
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Bashirfuntua(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ayatullah: Professor David Kolo is therefore a living proof that western education is sacrilege - BOKO HARAM.
may be u're one of them boko boys
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Ferdinandu(m): 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Serves Prof Kolo right. The Professor dey kolo like his name. And I can bet that he has a wife at home. This is one of the many reasons why I feel weary raising daughters in Nigeria. The Nigerian society is creeping with perverts and pedos. Even the Nigerian workplace is a sexual harassment haven. I hope other professors in Nigeria learn from Prof Kolo's mistake. Mu kids can never attend university in Nigeria that's for sure.
Abeg no block space here we don hear say you dey away.Clinton that used the Intern in his office,Is he a Nigerian president? Former IMF president Straus kahn Is he a Nigerian? There are more Perverts and dangerous pedophiles over there than in Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by gly2ken: 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2013
i think this is a set up and the prof fell for it.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Rehil(f): 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
He is a christain thats y.watabout the vet muslim Prof that was caught havin sex in d nite with a horse?wat about that gay lecturer ustaz in Maths department?we were once in A.B.U and know what is goin on.Prof David Kolo,hold ur head high up,those people who set you up will suffer for it.May God help other christain lecturers in A.B.U,the Lord shall prepare a table for u in the midst of your enemise.Prof Nok,u are always in our prayers ooo
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by nagoma(m): 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
Rehil: He is a christain thats y.watabout the vet muslim Prof that was caught havin sex in d nite with a horse?wat about that gay lecturer ustaz in Maths department?we were once in A.B.U and know what is goin on.Prof David Kolo,hold ur head high up,those people who set you up will suffer for it.May God help other christain lecturers in A.B.U,the Lord shall prepare a table for u in the midst of your enemise.Prof Nok,u are always in our prayers ooo

What kind of Christian are you ? Asking an adulterer who is exploiting his students to hold his head high?

1 Like

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Hadone(m): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
x-razzy:
YOU GUYS SHOULD GET THE INSIDE STORY. PROF. KOLO WAS SET UP.... PART OF THE ONGOING OPERATION NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS
YOU MUST BE MAD FOR HEAD
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Ayatullah(m): 10:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
Rehil: He is a christain thats y.watabout the vet muslim Prof that was caught havin sex in d nite with a horse?wat about that gay lecturer ustaz in Maths department?we were once in A.B.U and know what is goin on.Prof David Kolo,hold ur head high up,those people who set you up will suffer for it.May God help other christain lecturers in A.B.U,the Lord shall prepare a table for u in the midst of your enemise.Prof Nok,u are always in our prayers ooo

What sort of table will the Lord prepare for your Prof? Definitely a one legged table that will make him crash and break his wicked skull finally! Why are you fooling yourself with cooked up stories..........better be wise, accept the verdict as delivered by ABU Authority and stop being sentimental.

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Purevictor(m): 10:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
pity for the Prof though, he was axed quickly cos he's a Xtian period. Dat Uni is full of religious fundamentalists swimming in past glories. Wel, d last has not been heard and i bliv the real truth wil com out smday. Rubish ABU, Mtcheeeew.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
May his Manhood continue to live on
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by amosadamu: 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
Prof. Kolo .. A nice move by the university, but there are still students out there carrying over courses, cos of their refusing to be intimate with lecturers.. God help us
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by mamdanju: 12:12am On Jun 30, 2013
for the doubting Thomases here is the full gist of what happened; the link was posted earleir:

The husband of the pregnant woman, Mrs, Bushira Isyaku, who was allegedly sexually harassed by Professor Festus David Kolo of Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria,Malam Muhammad Isyaku, has asked the university to terminate the appointment of the don. A Chief Magistrate Court in Kiyawa Local Government Area of Jigawa State sentenced Professor Kolo of the
Faculty of Education at Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria to two months imprisonment last week for knowingly enticing a married woman who was a student in his department contrary to Section 389 of the penal code law. Principal State Counsel, Mustapha Adamu, who read the First Information Report, said that on May 21, one Muhammad Ghali of Takur Quarters Dutse “reported you, Prof. Festus David Kolo of ABU, knowing fully well that Mrs Bushra Ghali Muhammed is his wife, and you have
been making advances towards her, inciting her, calling her often, sending her love SMS messages using your phone…” Adamu further said: “You, Prof. Kolo,was caught red handed by the police at Dan Musa Guest House, Room 109 with Ghali’s wife after he reported the case to the police and after several warnings and pleas by the husband.’’ Malam Isyaku who spoke in an interview with Vanguard yesterday said that the two-month imprisonment for the 66- year professor was too mild. He argued that since the court had found him guilty of committing the offence and sentenced him, he should face dismissal from the university because of the integrity of the institution. Isyaku who is a lecturer with the Jigawa State Polytechnic, stressed that dismissing Prof Kolo from the services of ABU would serve as a deterrent to others who had formed the habit of seeking to have a canal knowledge of their females students. ’Though the two months sentence
given to the convict by the Kiyawa Chief Magistrate Court was less severe, but at least it has sent a signal to lecturers who involve themselves in such dirty behaviour that no body is above the law,” he said. He further said that he spoke with
the Prof Kolo severally on the telephone and even begged him to stop calling his wife’s phone, but the he persisted and even visited his wife in Dutse, Jigawa state where he was eventually apprehended by security operatives ’’I asked Professor Kolo if he knew that Bushira is a married woman, he said yes, and I told him to please keep off from her. He apologised but kept on calling my wife who reported the matter to their class representative who advised her to switch off her telephone,’’ he added. He told Vanguard that his wife got admission in ABU Zaria to do her Masters in Guidance and Counselling, adding that his first encounter with his wife was when the convict gave them attendance register to write their names and telephone numbers for identification. According to Isyaku, soon after his wife signed and went for prayers,Prof Kolo started calling her repeatedly. ‘’She saw five missed calls from Kolo when she came back from prayers. Kolo persisted calling her number despite several warnings.’’ The accused pleaded guilty to the charge. His lawyers M.A. Gausu and R.A. Nwande told the court that the accused wass above 60 years and the bread winner of his family and therefore begged the court to temper justice with mercy. In his ruling, Senior Magistrate Muhammed Musa Kaugama said that
although the convict was a first offender, “this court hereby sentences the convict to two months imprisonment without option of fine,’’ to serve as deterrent to others.
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/alleged-intimate-harassment-of-pregnant-woman-husband-wants-profs-appointment-terminated/

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by touchmeder: 12:20am On Jun 30, 2013
good what of the Ekpoma professor? was that one left while his mate dismissed? lipsrsealed
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by hollandis(f): 12:38am On Jun 30, 2013
mamdanju: for the doubting Thomases here is the full gist of what happened; the link was posted earleir:

The husband of the pregnant woman, Mrs, Bushira Isyaku, who was allegedly sexually harassed by Professor Festus David Kolo of Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria,Malam Muhammad Isyaku, has asked the university to terminate the appointment of the don. A Chief Magistrate Court in Kiyawa Local Government Area of Jigawa State sentenced Professor Kolo of the
Faculty of Education at Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria to two months imprisonment last week for knowingly enticing a married woman who was a student in his department contrary to Section 389 of the penal code law. Principal State Counsel, Mustapha Adamu, who read the First Information Report, said that on May 21, one Muhammad Ghali of Takur Quarters Dutse “reported you, Prof. Festus David Kolo of ABU, knowing fully well that Mrs Bushra Ghali Muhammed is his wife, and you have
been making advances towards her, inciting her, calling her often, sending her love SMS messages using your phone…” Adamu further said: “You, Prof. Kolo,was caught red handed by the police at Dan Musa Guest House, Room 109 with Ghali’s wife after he reported the case to the police and after several warnings and pleas by the husband.’’ Malam Isyaku who spoke in an interview with Vanguard yesterday said that the two-month imprisonment for the 66- year professor was too mild. He argued that since the court had found him guilty of committing the offence and sentenced him, he should face dismissal from the university because of the integrity of the institution. Isyaku who is a lecturer with the Jigawa State Polytechnic, stressed that dismissing Prof Kolo from the services of ABU would serve as a deterrent to others who had formed the habit of seeking to have a canal knowledge of their females students. ’Though the two months sentence
given to the convict by the Kiyawa Chief Magistrate Court was less severe, but at least it has sent a signal to lecturers who involve themselves in such dirty behaviour that no body is above the law,” he said. He further said that he spoke with
the Prof Kolo severally on the telephone and even begged him to stop calling his wife’s phone, but the he persisted and even visited his wife in Dutse, Jigawa state where he was eventually apprehended by security operatives ’’I asked Professor Kolo if he knew that Bushira is a married woman, he said yes, and I told him to please keep off from her. He apologised but kept on calling my wife who reported the matter to their class representative who advised her to switch off her telephone,’’ he added. He told Vanguard that his wife got admission in ABU Zaria to do her Masters in Guidance and Counselling, adding that his first encounter with his wife was when the convict gave them attendance register to write their names and telephone numbers for identification. According to Isyaku, soon after his wife signed and went for prayers,Prof Kolo started calling her repeatedly. ‘’She saw five missed calls from Kolo when she came back from prayers. Kolo persisted calling her number despite several warnings.’’ The accused pleaded guilty to the charge. His lawyers M.A. Gausu and R.A. Nwande told the court that the accused wass above 60 years and the bread winner of his family and [b]therefore begged the court to temper justice with mercy. I[/b]n his ruling, Senior Magistrate Muhammed Musa Kaugama said that
although the convict was a first offender, “this court hereby sentences the convict to two months imprisonment without option of fine,’’ to serve as deterrent to others.
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/alleged-intimate-harassment-of-pregnant-woman-husband-wants-profs-appointment-terminated/

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

temper justice for what?
this is the time I love sharia..his prick should be chopped off
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by coretechng(m): 1:06am On Jun 30, 2013
Hmmm. Wrecked his career.Why a married woman?
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by MRMICKMEN: 3:41am On Jun 30, 2013
Ishilove: So the man was sacked from the university nitori obo? There were a thousand and one girls he could have had his way with, but the demon pursuing pushed to him to insist on a sleeping with a married woman. Shior angry

Destiny wasted, because of obo. undecided

He has disgraced himself and his children. It is good for him. He needs Jesus undecided

obo is good for profs
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by mollusco: 4:37am On Jun 30, 2013
sirgab: In my opinion, i think there's more ‎to this news than we have been told. The reporters never talked abt the reasons Mr kolo refused ‎to reply the queries issued ‎to him and also the reason y he totally disregarded the invitation ‎to the disciplinary panel set up by the governing council ‎to at least defend himself which is the normal practice. Any i smell a set up here n besides none of the members of the governing council can say he is guiltless.

Do you truly believe this nonsense that you wrote? He disregarded the disciplinary committee set up to DEFEND himself?

Christ! Get the right education!
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:21am On Jun 30, 2013
sirgab: In my opinion, i think there's more ‎to this news than we have been told. The reporters never talked abt the reasons Mr kolo refused ‎to reply the queries issued ‎to him and also the reason y he totally disregarded the invitation ‎to the disciplinary panel set up by the governing council ‎to at least defend himself which is the normal practice. Any i smell a set up here n besides none of the members of the governing council can say he is guiltless.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:29am On Jun 30, 2013
Purevictor: pity for the Prof though, he was axed quickly cos he's a Xtian period. Dat Uni is full of religious fundamentalists swimming in past glories. Wel, d last has not been heard and i bliv the real truth wil com out smday. Rubish ABU, Mtcheeeew.
Do you know the implication of Kolo's case on the image of ABU, common think deep and dont be shallow my friend. He has been jailed for a criminal offence which can damage the image of the University if they dont disassociate themselves from the incidence and the best way to do it is to sack him.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by IykeNipoga(m): 5:54am On Jun 30, 2013
Wot wil him tel his family that sacked him 4rm ofice?Shameful act.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Ark111: 7:26am On Jun 30, 2013
I weep for Naija. Some say its because he is not a northerner. When confirmed he is a northerner, now its because he is a christian.I beg lets always look beyond our emotions. According to the post, the prof had been convicted by a court of law. And no reputable institution will have an ex-convicted as its lecturer, unless you want the university to be breeding humans without morals. What morals do you expect him to impact on his students?

2 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by prettyjuli(f): 7:52am On Jun 30, 2013
Am so proud of my sch. Prof David was also an elder in the church what a shame couldn't believe my ears when I heard it cos na him dance pass for church.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by MbIbrahim(m): 8:24am On Jun 30, 2013
D@ is very good. He's nofin bt a shame to d academia. W@ do u expect wen his Union(ASUU) continue fytin 4 increment in salary in order 4 dem to have more concubines? Dis shld serve as a deterrent 4 odas
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by TableLeg(m): 8:28am On Jun 30, 2013
Fantastic.... I hope the rest of what is left of his career go up in flames!
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by calcal: 8:49am On Jun 30, 2013
very good! stupid prof. a wise man will pay to Bleep but stupid one wan do ham for free.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by saintkash(m): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2013
x-razzy:
gosh!! U'r such a shallow minded being, what evidence do u have to show that he was blackmailed? He was invited to defend himself but he refused the invitation. Randy lecturers are everywhere n gradually thr will all be apprehended n sacked like prof. kolo. So my shallow minded frnd try to be straight n stop d northern,southern,western and eastern discrimination and also religious discrimination too.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by BabaEto1: 9:18am On Jun 30, 2013
Pipsland78: Why are Nigerians so quick to jump in judgement of people? You all need to hear the Prof's side of the story before crucifying him.

His side of the story ? I hope you know that a query was issued to him and a disciplinary committee was set up to hear the matter. Whether he appeared to defend himself at the committee or not is no body's business so far he had notice of the query and the sitting of the committee. So if he chose not to appear to defend himself then the law is that he has admitted the allegation, thus the committee will be in order to have passed their verdict. This should serve as a lesson to all randy lecturers who take undue advantage of vulnerable female students. Happy sunday to all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. / The University Of Liverpool Comes To You! Move Ahead Without Moving Away / Sanusi To Chair LASU 24th Convocation Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.