Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment (24147 Views)

University Of Calabar Retires Professor For Plagiarism / Sexual Harassment In Auchi Polytechnic: Prostitutes Assist Male Students / UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 29, 2013
Professor David Kolo of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria has been dismissed from the institution for sexually harassing one of his female students, Weekly Trust exclusively reports.

This followed the endorsement of the recommendation of a disciplinary committee set up to investigate Professor Kolo of ABU’s faculty of education by the governing council of the university.

Kolo was earlier sentenced to two months imprisonment by a court in Jigawa State, after he was found guilty of attempting to force his female student to accept his sex advances. The student, who is a married woman, had through her husband informed security agents.

An impeccable source, close to the ABU’s governing council, said the council had on Wednesday, during its meeting, approved the dismissal of the professor.

“You know the professor was queried by the university authorities but he refused to answer the query. He also refused to honour the invitation of the disciplinary committee that was set up to investigate the issue. The committee was left with no option than to present its report to the governing council after investigation”, the source told Weekly Trust.

“The governing council, which is the body that is vested with powers of employing and dismissing staff, considered the report and approved the dismissal of the professor. We hope this would serve as deterrence to other staff that may want to engage in such acts of indiscipline,” it added.
In his reaction to the whole episode, the chairman of ABU-ASUU, Dr. Muhammad Kabir Aliyu, said ASUU is a responsible organization, and as such it frowns at any act that would demean the association.

“I heard about the setting up of the council committee and the invitation extended to the Professor, but I am not a member. We always advise our members not to engage in acts that would demean their character and that of our organization. Therefore, we are not happy with what the Professor did. I am not in town, so, I did not hear about the dismissal,” Dr. Aliyu said.

Mallam Ahmad Abdullahi Kundila, the Ag Registrar of the university, who doubles as the secretary of ABU’s governing council, according to our source, was assigned by the council to serve the Professor with the dismissal letter.

Malam Kundila was said to be very busy at his office with administrative matters when Weekly Trust visited and his mobile phone was switched off from morning to evening of yesterday.
But some lecturers interviewed by our correspondent at the main campus of the university commended the action of the council, saying that other officials of the university that engage in such acts would have a lesson to learn.

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/13106-abu-sacks-prof-kolo-over-sexual-harassment

3 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by nerodenero: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2013
That's what you get as man when you allow your third leg do the thinking for you.Serves him right and this should be a lesson but do they ever learn?

7 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by ceospecial(m): 7:35am On Jun 29, 2013
undecided Professor David Kolo I see

1 Like

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Akshow: 7:52am On Jun 29, 2013
Chai prof kolo don kolomental o. I know that man well well in faculty of education. Never knew he was a randy nauri prof. See embarrassment for him children o

3 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by rossi49ja(m): 8:35am On Jun 29, 2013
Justice served...hoping it will serve as a deterrent to all the randy Professors out there.

2 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Ishilove: 8:57am On Jun 29, 2013
So the man was sacked from the university nitori obo? There were a thousand and one girls he could have had his way with, but the demon pursuing pushed him to insist on a sleeping with a married woman. Shior angry

Destiny wasted, because of obo. undecided

He has disgraced himself and his children. It is good for him. He needs Jesus undecided

1 Like

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by xrazzy(m): 9:43am On Jun 29, 2013
YOU GUYS SHOULD GET THE INSIDE STORY. PROF. KOLO WAS SET UP.... PART OF THE ONGOING OPERATION NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS

12 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by kelsonpoint(m): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
his manhood should chopped off grin

1 Like

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
ALL THESE RANDY PROFS. DAYUMMMMMMMMM
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by rxhush: 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
eya. thats too bad. wot if he was actually set up..... i pray for this generation of fathers that they be responsible and live good lives. amen

1 Like

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by slimyem: 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
Many more lecturers in most universities across the country deserve the same fate.
I hope their time approaches fast!

2 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by IAMBREEZY: 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
damn bad
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by slimyem: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
x-razzy:
YOU GUYS SHOULD GET THE INSIDE STORY. PROF. KOLO WAS SET UP.... PART OF THE ONGOING OPERATION NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS
his hands must have been dirty for him to have been set up for such.It is well deserved!

8 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by mmmustapha(m): 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
Good good good, how I wish it will happen 2 our lecturers in Kasu
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
rxhush: eya. thats too bad. wot if he was actually set up..... i pray for this generation of fathers that they be responsible and live good lives. amen
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2013
THIS MAY BE A SET UP BECOZ IS NOT EASY TO SACK A PROF LIKE THAT, THE PROCESS WAS SO FAST.....I SMELL SENTIMENTAL ACRIMONY JUST BECOZ IS NOT IN THAT REGION,..... SO SARCASTIC ACT..

3 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Ezedon(m): 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2013
i really like that but this might not be d only reason 4 sacking, besides all these innocent young ladies that had been molested by our politicians, what have they done about it, plz free d man may be d babe is looking 4 a better grade
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by abY2: 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
That's the norm in most tertiary institutions both public and private.the prof is just unlucky that his own did not click.serves him right.Agbaya

2 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
nacosprof: THIS MAY BE A SET UP BECOZ IS NOT EASY TO SACK A PROF LIKE THAT, THE PROCESS WAS SO FAST.....I SMELL SENTIMENTAL ACRIMONY JUST BECOZ IS NOT IN THAT REGION,..... SO SARCASTIC ACT..
YOU CANT SET UP A SAINT. YOU SET PEOPLE UP KNOWING THEIR BAD HABITS AND YOU USE THEIR BAD HABITS TO SET THEM UP. LIKE THE MAYOR OF WASHINGTON DC MARION BARRY WAS KNOWN TO SMOKE CRACK. SO THEY SET HIM UP USING A WOMAN WHO BROUGHT HIM CRACK TO SMOKE IN A HOTEL cheesy

6 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by KINGwax(m): 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
Grt move! Way to go guys
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by digitite: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
Serves him right cool.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by lif2uz(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
This is the result one get as a result of uncontrolled joystick, Too bad!

3 Likes

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
In my opinion, i think there's more ‎to this news than we have been told. The reporters never talked abt the reasons Mr kolo refused ‎to reply the queries issued ‎to him and also the reason y he totally disregarded the invitation ‎to the disciplinary panel set up by the governing council ‎to at least defend himself which is the normal practice. Any i smell a set up here n besides none of the members of the governing council can say he is guiltless.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by dasparrow: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
@Post

Serves Prof Kolo right. The Professor dey kolo like his name. And I can bet that he has a wife at home. This is one of the many reasons why I feel weary raising daughters in Nigeria. The Nigerian society is creeping with perverts and pedos. Even the Nigerian workplace is a sexual harassment haven. I hope other professors in Nigeria learn from Prof Kolo's mistake. Mu kids can never attend university in Nigeria that's for sure.

1 Like

Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Tinoxky: 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
Next to fire must be my HOD, that man is a beast....
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by emmaliveth10(m): 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
na confirm KOLO de worry him
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by abatajjvii: 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
na kolo dey worry am
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
Good for the naughty professor.
Last Bullet: Maybe his 2nd name 'kolo' is worrying him.
Re: ABU Sacks Professor For Intimate Harassment by Odunharry(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
gud 4 dem..imagine an educationist 4 dat matter and im sure he knows d code of conduct of the teaching profession..
He deserves what he got though...punishment for any teacher who sexually harrass any student male or female will be dismissed from the profession....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bowen University Sacks 100 Workers / CRUTECH Student & Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Calabar / Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.