Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

The Greatest Self Harm Of A Christian ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Greatest Self Harm Of A Christian ! (632 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Self Harm Of A Christian ! by mko2005: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2013
Pretty sad though but not far from the truth ! I used to be homophobic before and immediately after bein saved as a 'christian' But for now,i have come to realize that it wasn't the reason Christ died for us all. If i have a gay child,God forbid,will i chase him out of my house ? NO ! But i sure will not stop to counsel and pray that God should change him before his death ! Bein gay is like bein a liar ,a kleptomaniac, a thief,a greed,a drunk, a fornicator or an adulterer ! If i can live with people with all the above wrong acts that contradict's the word of God,i think i can comfortably live with a gay but continually make them see that any one who willfully and continually contradicts God's word,according to the bible will not make it into heaven.It might be nature for u to want to practice the act of gay just like every one born by a woman except Christ has the same nature to want to do one negative thing or the other but it's SURE ur choice to be gay or straight ! For the government and the laws of the land to give approval for same sex marriage becos people are more and more becoming gay or they no longer think it's a choice thing but a nature thing sound's funny and dumb ! It's like saying becos there people who are more and more becoming kleptos' or that since the percentage of serial killings or moving about completely nude has tremendously increased then we should sign serial killing,kleptomaniacsm and nudity into law ! Well,i can't speak for atheists and agnostics but what i know for sure is that we all have a sin nature and Homosexualism and lesbianism are the products of our sin nature bein made possible as a result of the fall of the first man Adam so also do,hatred,greed,lying,back biting,slandering,reviling,drunkenness,gluttony,fornication,adultery and the likes could also deter us from making heaven.
The greatest damage for a christian soul is to feel comfortable with sin ! And this is exactly what the state and laws have done for our gay brothers and sisters !
I base my stands on the below word of God:
1 Corinthians 6:9–11
''Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived.Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

See below words of Apostle Paul:
''Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.

May we all find HIS grace and be forgiven of our since and respond to Jesus'ability to help us never to go back to our sins any more !
God help us
Re: The Greatest Self Harm Of A Christian ! by bizmahn: 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
Thank God for raising people that can speak sense on this forum.Unbelievable that "almighy" America & U.K can stoop so low to sign gay practise into law.See how they've lost all their respect & integrity in no time.The very first black American president came to disgrace blacks.And I marvel that there's no nationwide outcry against this wickedness.All they do now is to go about according high level respect & recognition to gays to the extent of creating gay pride celebrations & parades.Obama came not to destroy America with weapons but with unwholesome policies & lo he has succeeded.America is finally destroyed.I say watch & see it unfold physically.
Re: The Greatest Self Harm Of A Christian ! by mko2005: 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
bizmahn: Thank God for raising people that can speak sense on this forum.Unbelievable that "almighy" America & U.K can stoop so low to sign gay practise into law.See how they've lost all their respect & integrity in no time.The very first black American president came to disgrace blacks.And I marvel that there's no nationwide outcry against this wickedness.All they do now is to go about according high level respect & recognition to gays to the extent of creating gay pride celebrations & parades.Obama came not to destroy America with weapons but with unwholesome policies & lo he has succeeded.America is finally destroyed.I say watch & see it unfold physically.
You have spoke nothing but the truth.Things will continue to go these way but we have to hold on to that which we know is the truth according to the word of God. They are trying to force all their policies,laws that out rightly contradicts the word of God.They infuse all these in their movies,music,talks,acts and arts generally so we can start accepting them unknowingly !
May God help us
Re: The Greatest Self Harm Of A Christian ! by bizmahn: 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
m.k.o2005:

They infuse all these in their movies,music,talks,acts and arts generally so we can start accepting them unknowingly !
May God help us

The totality of the ungodly machinery working to circulate pollution through America & Europe to the whole world captured in one sentence above.I thought I was the only one seeing this.And people will spend hours behind the TV box watching American culture of shameless immoral abominations displayed in award winning high rated movies.No wonder our female folk here now though chaste at first are now aggrassively competeing for who will beat each other in woredom & daylight unclothedness.What of the men?Whaow!! I need not go further.
Re: The Greatest Self Harm Of A Christian ! by mko2005: 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
bizmahn:

The totality of the ungodly machinery working to circulate pollution through America & Europe to the whole world captured in one sentence above.I thought I was the only one seeing this.And people will spend hours behind the TV box watching American culture of shameless immoral abominations displayed in award winning high rated movies.No wonder our female folk here now though chaste at first are now aggrassively competeing for who will beat each other in woredom & daylight unclothedness.What of the men?Whaow!! I need not go further.
We still need to speak out even if we are just a handful !

May God help us

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Experiences!!! Have U Been Caught Sleeping In Church By Pastor!! / Christians , What Is The Hope Of Your Calling / 7 Things You Need To Know About What Pope Francis Said About Gays Read More: Ht

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.