Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. (5789 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Gave APC An Unhealable Injury At The Plenary Today / APC: An Ally Of Corruption / APC An Igbo Party — Ngige •Dismisses Alleged Curse By Obi Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Bobandgreat: 7:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
kkkp: Does it really matters Poverty knows no colour, religion or tribe..for hw long wil we b doin d wrong thing and called it right due to sentiments..if dey can do d right thing y nt

Please, give me three distinct reasons why you think they can do the right thing. I joined illuminati because I have been trying to make it all my life as a God fearing person to no avail will not be an excuse when you meet ur maker.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by iwanchop(m): 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
k2039: APC needs to reshuffle this cabinet, Some Nigerians vote base on sentiments(religion, tribe etc), so it's just logical that certain Christians will not vote in APC.
They need not reshuffle anything,OP purposely left out excos who are xtians. The last time I checked Annie Okonkwo,Tom Ikimi and Niyi Adebayo are all xtians and vice chairmen for their respective zones.
The OP is not just being objective,APC is not an Islamist party.
When has it become a crime for a party to have muslims amongst its members.
Is it even a crime to be a Muslim?
Would the OP have posted this if majority of the excos were xtians?
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by ChimaAdeoye: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
movicy: Who care if they are muslim, Are they not nigerian ?

Yes, i do care ooo!
If they are ALL muslims trying to govern me without any Christian there, i am deeply worried oooo!
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
I have said it before that APC and Boko Haram are one and the same. While the former is the political wing, the later is the militant wing.

Did Boko haram not give their conditions for peace as the enthronement of an Islamic government in Nigeria and the implementation of the Sharia legal code all over the Federation. With the composition of APC as enunciated here, need I say more?

Already, I hear they are considering a Moslem/Moslem ticket. Come 2015, we shall meet them at the polls.

Well, we are wiser now and they can never fool us again.

4 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Rilikoko(m): 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
This are mere party officials,not elected public officers which should be d one to bother us.Let someone tell us d composition of pdp officers too n compare wit Apc...frankly,religion can not be overlookd wen we talk abt our politics,bt dis mata is an in-house matter whc is best left to d party to decide
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by iwanchop(m): 8:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
tolu4you:
I wll agree wiy you.... But those key posts go to Muslims... Jst think, im scared of this our country
Which key positions are you talking about?
OP refused to tell us that Masari is Deputy Chairman(North) just as Adebayo ,Okonkwo and Ikimi are Deputy chairmen for SW,SE & SS respectively. Shame on you OP.
OP,I need to help you cos you forgot to also tell us that APC is peopled by Muslim members only,I will help you list some of APC members who are diehard muslims
Olusegun Osoba
Chris Ngige
George Akume
Rochas Okorocha
Niyi Adebayo
Annie Okonkwo
Pat Orjiakor
Tunde Bakare
Tom Ikimi
Rotimi Fashakin
Rotimi Akeredolu
Ogbonaya Onu
Kayode Fayemi
Emma Enukwu
Joe Igbokwe
.......and the list is endless

3 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Xfactoria: 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Yet the same Amricans voted for Obama who was Pro GAY marriage and pro abortion

Obama said this in 2008: "My opinion on it (homosexualism) is still evolving". He only came out boldly to support gay marriage in 2012 because at that time, they had gained a lot of ground in their advocacy in the US and he would need their block vote.

1 Like

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Desric(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
I think it is very important that we note here that these people are interim members drawn from the five major political parties merging, the ACN, CPC, ANPP, a faction of APGA and DPP.

I guess the OP is very conversant with the formation of these political parties and the stronghold of their Locations.

Needless to say that it is on Record that most people involved in this merger are all Muslims and I hope the OP is not expecting them to come to his house and award an appointment to him or whoever that is sponsoring him. For me I want to believe that they acted in the best interest of the party and within the jurisdiction of the resources available to them.

I think APC should be applauded for coming this far amicably instead of this cheap blackmail and negative publicity... If they ve bn disorganised before now, same people would have said yes that's their way, that it was impossible for anyone to assume or believe that Tinubu and Buhari would ever work together... Now that the impossible is becoming possible, enemies of progress have seen that the Interim Exco are mostly Muslims.

Like the late High maestro Osadebe said in one of his songs "if you chop them go talk, if you no chop them go still talk, na wetin man go do for this world wey people no go talk, so make we just dey do wetin dey for our mind, because na so world want am"

OP, if you are a Christian, I think its an opportunity and chance for you and your group to join the APC with your team and fill in the gaps and make room for the Religious equity that you now want, you will be very very welcomed... Nigeria is in deep trouble, if it is not Religious sentiment today, it will be tribal or ethnic, if it is not it will be political parties, when will we ever see things from very patriotic and neutral angle devoid of Nepotism? As they say, only time will tell.

7 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by touch4mony: 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2013
kkkp: Does it really matters Poverty knows no colour, religion or tribe..for hw long wil we b doin d wrong thing and called it right due to sentiments..if dey can do d right thing y nt
this party is not a national party but sectional party and islamist party and we dont need this fool from d north and there brodaz from west to turn this nation into islamic nation but if they can break up from nigeria and form whAt ever nation they want we dont mind.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by emiye(m): 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
I think the OP is mischievious, he purposely left out the Christians in the excos, in fact the national woman leader who she stated her name as sharia okeazor is named Sharon okeazor, a christian.

Nevertheless, i will not encourage a muslim/muslim pres. ticket in 2015, it creates a very easy punchline from the PDP to sway a significantly large sentimentally inclined to religion Nigerians.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by omowolewa: 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
Sugar coated pill.

Dele Momohdu said it all, like-play-like-play the man you call 'Retarden' will retain his seat.

Omashe oo o!
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Dawdy(m): 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
Let the Muslims vote for Muslims, and Christians vote for Christians. we all know who are more.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by takedat(m): 12:14am On Jun 30, 2013
Is the PDP a Christian Party? Below are the names and religion of members of the newly constituted PDP interim management executive committee. Out of 23 powerful key positions in the PDP, 19 is currently occupied by Christians.

1) Bamanga Tukur- Chairman(Muslim)

2) Chibudom Nwuche- Deputy Nat. Chairman
(Christian)

3) Remi Akintoye- Nat. Secretary(Christian)

4) Emma Agboti- Deputy Nat. Secretary(Christian)

5) Tony Okeke- Nat. Publicity Secretary(Christian)

6) Caleb Yahya- Deputy Nat. Publicity Secretary
(Christian)

7) Simon D. Jok- Nat. Legal Adviser(Christian)

8.) Yau Kwadon- Deputy Nat. Legal Adviser
(Christian)

9) Oyibo Nnwaneri- Nat. Women Leader(Christian)

10) Torkwuase Ajor- Deputy Nat. Women Leader
(Christian)

11) Yahya Abubakar- Nat. Organizing Secretary
(Muslim)

12) Onyemaechi Jideofor- Deputy Nat. Organizing
Secretary(Christian)

13) Mohammed Dandari- Nat. Treasurer(Muslim)

14) Augustine Lugbenwie- Deputy Nat. Treasurer
(Christian)

15) Bolaji "Akpan" Anani- Nat. Financial Secretary
(Christian)

16) Mohammed Sa'ad- Nat. Youth Leader
(Muslim)

17) Peter Adefunmilayo- Deputy Nat. Youth Leader(Christian)

18) Akin Taiwo- Ex Officio(Christian)

19) Mike Akinfenwa- Ex Officio(Christian)

20) Gbenga Oduwaiye- Ex Officio( Christian)

Other influential positions in the PDP:

Goodluck Jonathan- National Leader(Christian)

Tony Anenih- Chairman B.O.T(Christian)

Godswill Akpabio- Chairman, PDP Governors
Forum(Christian)

I am yet to see any muslim PDP member or
neutral observer protest against the
marginalization of muslims in the PDP.

Before some people start calling for my head and
calling me an Islamist or Boko Haram, let it be
known that I am a Christian but I vehemently
oppose the hypocrisy currently being displayed on these boards. Agreed that Christians are in the minority in APC's interim management executive committee, but so far party members who are
these boards. Agreed that Christians are in the
minority in APC's interim management executive, but so far party members who Christians were part of the ratification process of the executive, they should be given a chance. Those promoting this ethno-religious dichotomy amongst us, unite in ethno-religious looting.

10 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 30, 2013
Main reason why all Christians must make sure they don't see the light of day
They started on a bad note
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by iwanchop(m): 2:15am On Jun 30, 2013
babyosisi: Main reason why all Christians must make sure they don't see the light of day
They started on a bad note
OP will be happy with you because this is what he wants to achieve with his post.My dear,put on your thinking cap...dont follow the stupideety of the OP

1 Like

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by musiwa24: 3:16am On Jun 30, 2013
what do you expect to happen. a divided nation. when you have nddc , minister of niger delta.. you have a divided nation..

president of Nigeria name is Azikiwe(Igbo name) Jonathan Easterner Nigeria
senate president Alechenu(igbo name) mark
Ike Ekweremadu(igbo name) Easterner Nigeria deputy senate
Emeka Ihedioha(igbo name) Easterner Nigeria deputy speaker

Vice president (Northern Nigeria)
Speaker of the house (Northern nigeria)

i am telling you, you will end up in a civil war the way things are going.

you have divided yourself.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by sammyzacks(m): 3:28am On Jun 30, 2013
Buhari, tinubu, fashola, shekarau, all muslims. Truly dead on arrival!
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 30, 2013
emiye: I think the OP is mischievious, he purposely left out the Christians in the excos, in fact the national woman leader who she stated her name as sharia okeazor is named Sharon okeazor, a christian.

Nevertheless, i will not encourage a muslim/muslim pres. ticket in 2015, it creates a very easy punchline from the PDP to sway a significantly large sentimentally inclined to religion Nigerians.
OP is an Igbo and a Christian for that matter. Christianity neither tolerates blackmail nor deception. Op is a deceptive Igbo element. What do you expect from an Igbo man like you excepts lies and blackmail? I know some Igbos don't think this way. But most of them who go to church and call themselves "christians" still engage in rituals. There are about twenty Christians in APC leadership position. If an Igbo man could change a name from Sharon to Sharia in broad day light, there is no evil he cannot perpetuate to get what he wants.
@OP, you failed in your attempt to blackmail APC. Your blackmail would have worked 4 years ago. Nigerians are yearning for change regardless from Muslims or Christians.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by emekatimsu(m): 5:52am On Jun 30, 2013
dayokanu:

Op Question for you
The above mentioned are Sell-outs been used by APC to paint a fake picture of nationalistic party.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by emekatimsu(m): 5:57am On Jun 30, 2013
sincerenigerian: OP is an Igbo and a Christian for that matter. Christianity neither tolerates blackmail nor deception. Op is a deceptive Igbo element. What do you expect from an Igbo man like you excepts lies and blackmail? I know some Igbos don't think this way. But most of them who go to church and call themselves "christians" still engage in rituals. There are about twenty Christians in APC leadership position. If an Igbo man could change a name from Sharon to Sharia in broad day light, there is no evil he cannot perpetuate to get what he wants.
@OP, you failed in your attempt to blackmail APC. Your blackmail would have worked 4 years ago. Nigerians are yearning for change regardless from Muslims or Christians.
Mr sincere.don'nt be deceived by what you read in the Nigerian national dalies about the frontliners agitating for change, these are group of selfish politicians who are no longer benefiting from the PDP largese.
If you want to make the greatest political mistake then go and field a muslim/muslim ticket and watch your party loose like Thaiti without getting a single point.

4 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by austinkenneth: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2013
emekatimsu: APC INTERIM LEADERSHIP AS SUBMITTED TO INEC FEW DAYS AGO:
National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim)

Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari(Muslim)

National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsa (Muslim)
Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim)

National Publicity Secreatary.: Lai Muhammed
(Muslim)

National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim)

National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa
(Muslim)

National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim)

National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banire (Muslim)

National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim)

National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim Convert; Born and Raised in the North)

Ex-Officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim)

Ex-Officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim)

All as announced by Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff (Muslim).

*One may be forced to ask "is this an Islamist (mind the fact that I didn't use Islamic but ISLAMIST) party? *Is this the so-called alternative to the much-maligned PDP? *BTW, what's the position of the Electoral Act 2010 as
amended, regarding political parties' leadership structure? Lawyers in the house, are you there? *Do these set of people have a hidden agenda unknown to millions of Nigerians?

Ol boy!. these guys are making things easy for GEJ. im sure GEJ camp can't believe what they are getting- they've left a gaping hole in their ranks
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by luvinhubby(m): 7:55am On Jun 30, 2013
bashy_demy: Well did this OP understand the word interim?
Interim or not, these are pioneer national exeçutives of the party & has painted them Islamic at a time religious sentiment is rife in our body polity, APC is dead on arrival for sure.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Bobandgreat: 7:58am On Jun 30, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
sincerenigerian: OP is an Igbo and a Christian for that matter. Christianity neither tolerates blackmail nor deception. Op is a deceptive Igbo element. What do you expect from an Igbo man like you excepts lies and blackmail? I know some Igbos don't think this way. But most of them who go to church and call themselves "christians" still engage in rituals. There are about twenty Christians in APC leadership position. If an Igbo man could change a name from Sharon to Sharia in broad day light, there is no evil he cannot perpetuate to get what he wants.

Liar Mohammed.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 30, 2013
OP is Igbo...so no surprising.

They are far worse in religion intolerance ....

1 Like

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 30, 2013
we haff hear ooooooo
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by austinkenneth: 8:09am On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=iwanchop]
Which key positions are you talking about?
OP refused to tell us that Masari is Deputy Chairman(North) just as Adebayo ,Okonkwo and Ikimi are Deputy chairmen for SW,SE & SS respectively. Shame on you OP.
OP,I need to help you cos you forgot to also tell us that APC is peopled by Muslim members only,I will help you list some of APC members who are diehard muslims
Olusegun Osoba
Chris Ngige
George Akume
Rochas Okorocha
Niyi Adebayo
Annie Okonkwo
Pat Orjiakor
Tunde Bakare
Tom Ikimi
Rotimi Fashakin
Rotimi Akeredolu
Ogbonaya Onu
Kayode Fayemi
Emma Enukwu
Joe Igbokwe
.......and the list is endless[/quote

can you please put their positions beside their names?

2 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by austinkenneth: 8:13am On Jun 30, 2013
take dat: Such a mischievous post! @Op intentionally left out names of party officials who are christians in a bid to paint and taint the party as an Islamic party. Agreed that there are more muslims in APC's NWC reason being that its more of a SW-North coalition. Note that this is an hurriedly put together interim executive committee, while they will be having a fresh convention after registration.

Check out the names and religion of members of PDP's NWC before it was dissolved.

Bamanga Tukur- Chairman(muslim)
Sam Jaja- Deputy Nat. Chairman(christian)
Olagunsoye Oyinlola- Nat. Secretary(christian)
Kema Chikwe- Women Leader(christian)
Hanattu Ulam- Deputy Women Leader(muslim)
Olisa Metuh- Publicity Secretary(christian)
Victor Kwon- Legal Adviser(christian)
Bolaji Anani- financial Secretary(christian)
Abubakar Mustapha- Organizing Secretary(muslim)
Okechukwu Nnadozie- Deputy Organizing Secretary(christian)
Adewale Adeyanju- National Auditor(christian)
Claudius Inenga- Deputy National Treasurer(christian)
Garba Chiza- Youth Leader(muslim)
Denis Alonge Niyi- Deputy Youth Leader(christian)

Goodluck Jonathan- National Leader(Christian)
Tony Anenih- Chairman BOT(Christian)
Godswill Akpabio- Chairman PDP governors forum(Christian)

I doubt if anyone did call PDP a christian party then! For your information, I am a christian but we need to shun all forms of religious bigotry and hypocrisy. Our leaders promote ethno-religious dichotomy while they unite in ethno-religious looting!

This one is more balanced
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:15am On Jun 30, 2013
ilugunboy: OP is Igbo...so no surprising.

They are far worse in religion intolerance ....
Are you related to Lie Muhammed? How many times have you heard that Igbos kill muslims or burn mosques, despite uncountable killings by nothern vampires.

4 Likes

Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by splashbaby(m): 8:17am On Jun 30, 2013
This is a big shot on the foot...Why all these muslim affair now?
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by takedat(m): 8:22am On Jun 30, 2013
austinkenneth:

This one is more balanced
more balanced as in composition/offices fairly shared or what?
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by austinkenneth: 8:29am On Jun 30, 2013
luvinhubby:
Interim or not, these are pioneer national exeçutives of the party & has painted them Islamic at a time religious sentiment is rife in our body polity, APC is dead on arrival for sure.

My dear dont mind them. Anybody who is telling you abt interim is either trying to cover the obvious or is a learner.

THE IDEA IS THAT WHEN YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS U FIRST RELEASE A RUMOUR (WHICH IS TAKEN BY CALLING THEM INTERIM) TO TEST THE WATERS. IF NEGATIVE REACTIONS ARISE THEY'LL REBALANCE AND SAY AFTERALL THE POSITIONS WERE INTERIM AND VICE VERSA.

PDP IS NOT SAYING ANYTHING FOR NOW. THEY ARE HOPING THE POSITIONS BECOME PERMANENT BEFORE THEY START ATTACKING.
Re: Is APC An Islamist Party?check Out There Executive Excos. by deda(m): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2013
When somebody started A TOPIC about Lagos being governed by muslims only, some pple opened their yeye mouth saying that all they needed was someone who can do the job. Now this same pple are here condemning the entire composition of APC excos of muslims. All I have to say is that in Nigeria Everytin thrives on religion and region. For this singular act of APC I am already thinking of pulling out as a supporter. It makes it look as if all the Christians in the Party are blockheads, including PASTOR BAKARE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Politicians And Celebs On Nairaland with their Usernames / Those Calling Igbos Tribalist / Work Begins At The Permanent Terminal Building For Victor Attah Airport, Uyo-pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.