Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,039 members, 7,845,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF (24084 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Keshi Will Get His Eagles Job Back After Begging Almost On His Knees - Vanguard / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by 2chains1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2013
kingthreat: Guys as much as we despise NFF, lets give them a plus on this. Keshi was clueless to go to a tournament with just one main striker, who is Oduamadi. The rest were inexperienced and unknown. Can someone tell me what gambo Mohammed was doing there. Keshi gambled him to play his first international match and all we saw was nonsense. Keshi should outgrow all these nonsense of building a team. He's been building that since he became coach. By now, we should have a strong team, not just a flock of inexperienced boys making the Super Eagles team list.

The confed I watched oduamadi played wide and I believe we all know brown ideye from the afcon.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by jmoore(m): 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2013
Keshi resign abeg. These NFF board members will ruin our football
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by moshoodn(m): 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
I thought after the coach selection, he sends a copy to the NFF for perusal (not necessarily approval) so that all bonuses can be prepared forthwith..

If so, can't they make some friendly "advise-correction".

Abi no be so?
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by guy1234: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
Dem dey mad. Even if we go with Rasheed Yekini, we go fit win d competition? The competition is more of a preparatory to world cup. Wen we were using the likes of osaze, martins, Aiyegbeni and co, wetin we win? Did we even play any match as nice as what these current crop of guys are playing?

7 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by colombiana: 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
jojo2011: When he won the Nations Cup with with the Locals well represented why did they not complain.When will the Local players be exposed if not in a competition that is not in the class of the World Cup.That is why we are backward this area of the world.This is the person in charge of the Nigerian League openly saying that the League is a trash.That is the import,so he is saying nothing Good can come out of the Nigerian Professional League.FOOL
nigga plssssssssss!!! Were u xpecting him to use that team he used to win the nations cup against spain? Abeg forget past glory everybody is concerned about the future events don't forget this the world of entertainment. U win ur celebrated u lose ur critisized fhuck sympathy cuz it gets no one nowhere
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by emmaliveth10(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
NFF NFF NFF!!!! kiss kiss kiss why won't they leave KESHI for ONCE huh kiss undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Bobbystanley(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
Leave keshi to do his selections..or else IM will creep in again

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by slap1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
Is he even comparing Nigeria and Spain? Had the same NFF been living up to its responsibilities, we may have a team that would give Spain a run for their money.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Kunlegzy(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
mikeansy: the kind of nonesense they come up with

Keshi won the Nation's cup without their input

now they want to select players for him just because of confed cup

confed cup is a glorified friendly tounament
what re you saying? Assembly of Continental and World Champions, do u ve an idea of the price money? u soo much surprised me
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Inik(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
Unnecessary meddling with the work of the coach. The Nff chairman is clueless and wants to ruin the little success we have been to achieve under keshi.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by sambos994(m): 6:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
oloriooko:

but i heard him said so on SS Africa Soccer program, so is he now denying it angry angry angry
this is the problem of 9ja team; the glass house

Something tells me the Keshi has Maigari's neck. Remember, Keshi has the president to back him up. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by dailywealth1967: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
iam not in support of anybody selecting players for keshi.i thought shuabu amodu was technical adviser selected for the team.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by 2chains1(m): 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
He is a coach! Let him select his thing Abeg! You don't see arsenal board picking the team wenger would field neither do you see the English FA telling Roy hogdson who he would field. That's why he is a coach. NFF president didn't follow him to scout the players so how does he know who is good or not?

He has won afcon please leave him. The group was difficult enough. And as for those complaining about strikers. Emenike and wing forward Moses were injured. Who else do you want him to pick? Dnt mention yakubu he has been playing in a substandard league in china and osaze wiv all his tantrums was reduced to the reserves at West Bromwich. So just free the guy. Yes he is building a team and it would take time, remember its an international side not a club so they don't get the chance to okay week in week out to gel. Even almighty Spain of now took over 20years to win a major trophy before they started dominating football.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by andyanders: 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
NFF are bunch of fools and need to take their old age and ideas to the dustbin. NFF cannot sit down and think of their old age and allow the coach do his job. Because of this singular game, they want to start their stupid input.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by searay(m): 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
This is the begining of the end.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
You are out of your mind, he's the coach dumb azz the only one. You don't like him , sack him but don't interfer in his job. Unfortunately many African nations still have this inferiority complex and only want to hire white coaches . If I was keshi I would leave to train another country.

You can't b prophet in your own house
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by vambi: 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
The confed cup was a success for us the inexperienced were exposed and our need for a striker was made clear,Keshi should groom these players well and look for deadly strikers then super eagles will be deadly.Maigari is just sick in d head,we have never had it so good since 1994 now d NFF assholes want to ruin it,d 165 million are contented with Keshi and do not wish to meddle in his job so Maigari idiot should shut his stinking mouth and stop speaking for the rest of us but should rather speak for his group of corrupt and clueless NFF bastards.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by grandstar(m): 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
"People prefer to use the word guru because charlatan is more difficult to spell" - Peter Drucker. NFF off should leave Keshi alone. It is unprofessional for them to meddle.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Juicysam(m): 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
a team with dept always have a good bench .super eagles lack replacements for key players what if mikel/obaboana/omeruo injures? Solution invite yobo, apam ,bring in haruna, joel obi. for strikers bring in anichebe forget osazee he will cause division among nja players,nsofor is prolific too, these guys should be in the bench while the team list dat played ivory coast with musa/oduamadi replacing ideye we go kill any team with dis squad

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by AdekunleBalogun: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
This politicians have started again, they forgot how oboabana a sun-shine star player solve the problem of our defence and how sunday mba single handedly won the nations cup for us. For the very first time, we saw a team in the making, we believed in them, they are focus, ambitious and progressive. They should live the Man alone, and let him do his job. He said how can he choose home- based players against spain? This shows the reason why our leagues has refused to developed, am sure he will prefer a foreign coach that would not contribute anything to the development of the locally based players, 50% of the 1994 and the 1996 players were mainly home-based players. We need people that will develop our football not administrators.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by IMMUNO1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
They want to start playing politics with the Super Eagles once again. Jonathan should be more sensible this time around.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ok so Keshi won the African cup of nation and he can no longer be corrected abi? Rubbish.
My memory has not failed me. I remember how we were nearly eliminated from the cup of nation just at the group stage. I remember how we watched with bated breath, at the edge of our seat how lowly fifa rated Burkina nearly gave 160 million nigeria heart attack. Truth is we had luck on our side in afcon 2012. so let us not allow that get into our head.

Second, the world cup is a different stage all together and only the very best gets there both for coaches and players. Truth a team that average one goal per match is not a world cup team. Keshi is not yet there, and he must be told that hard fact straight in the face.

He must also realise that he needs our collective input because at the end if we allow he to messed up, we bear the burden. I must sincerely thank maigari and his team for threatening him with a sack at afcon, otherwise he and his team would have slept all through.

now the question is where are these players:
1. Osaze

2.Lukeman

3.Joel Obi

4.Obase

5 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by africapunch: 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
grin stick to a plan...it shall be well

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by BabaO2: 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
Right move by NFF
It is an insult to over 170 million Nigerians if keshi continues picking ideye for national team over established numerous strikers. At nations cup, ideye was same nauseating to watch. If keshi doesn't have any ulterior relationship , ideye is not a national team material

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by BigBizzy(m): 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hahaha yes the team belongs to 165 million nigerians...abegi allow the man to select his team by himself jor...if all of us do the selection then nobody will dear play cos one PRINCE from ma area plays very well, am sure he will bench Mikel sef....hahahha rubbish man...

Why is he not faulting the second leg? Pls i push for his sack....nonsense chairman :p
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by akinzyakin(m): 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
Dahz all

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Sike(m): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
I already know this will happen.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by chizel: 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
I v said it countless times and I will repeat I again and with no apologies,"no Hausa man is worthy of occupying positions in Nigeria"and i will defend it anywhere anytime,so with this in mind,maigari or maikunu or whatever he's being called should not e allowed to meddle into the super eagles team selection,tough I trust keshi.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by surplussurplus: 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
mumu...you cant give a coach the materials he will use.only the coach is in the right position to select the right players that will fit in to his team. a coach can win all the time even the world best coach didn't win every cup
trigar12: I support it 100%, keshi has been selecting some funny players that plays in some dustbin league abroad. His list needs to be screened. #my2cents#
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by kpozite(m): 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Now they have seen an opportunity to vet their anger on Keshi for not including their boys in the team, he will now be given list of players and be forced to include them in the team
ORIGINAL SPOILERS.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
Who is MaiGarri? Is he related to Seun ShaGarri?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aiyegbeni: Oliseh Greater Than Mikel As Defensive Midfielder / Rabah Madjer: "Nigeria Is A Team Of Benchwarmers" / Tokyo Olympics: Blessing Oborududu Wins Silver In Wrestling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.