Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,112 members, 7,845,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF (24085 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Keshi Will Get His Eagles Job Back After Begging Almost On His Knees - Vanguard / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
chizel: I v said it countless times and I will repeat I again and with no apologies,"no Hausa man is worthy of occupying positions in Nigeria"and i will defend it anywhere anytime,so with this in mind,maigari or maikunu or whatever he's being called should not e allowed to meddle into the super eagles team selection,tough I trust keshi.
guy,u no wise?
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Yaasir(m): 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
Why is every blame on Keshi now? What happen to the global/avoidable mess created by NFF just before the tournament? Which of the team that competed at re tournament refused to pay their players? We should all rally round Keshi and not blame? When was the last time eagle played such a spectacular and possessive football? NFF has never and will never organize a world class friendly march to expose our so called "local" players. They will rather be waiting for when peru or Venezuela will invite us. They should solve thier own problem and see how things will come back to places. Teams like ivory coast and Egypt are playing grade A friendlies regularly while we only wait for invitationL tournament. How are they getting the funding and not us?

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by BabaO2: 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
surplussurplus: mumu...you cant give a coach the materials he will use.only the coach is in the right position to select the right players that will fit in to his team. a coach can win all the time even the world best coach didn't win every cup
Obviously keshi needs help, he was mere lucky to win nations cup. He can't be that lucky always
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by chibuike123(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
Baba_O: Right move by NFF
It is an insult to over 170 million Nigerians if keshi continues picking ideye for national team over established numerous strikers. At nations cup, ideye was same nauseating to watch. If keshi doesn't have any ulterior relationship , ideye is not a national team material
u don't have a modicum of an idea of how football is played. Sorry!
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by ACM10: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
In other words they want to select players based on federal character principle. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by bellaberry: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
When he won the AFCON with his own selection, he was praised to high heavens. Now that it didn't work, they are asking for his head. Bunch of mofos!!!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
trigar12: I support it 100%, keshi has been selecting some funny players that plays in some dustbin league abroad. His list needs to be screened. #my2cents#

same set of players that won AFC. Do expect nigeria to qualify at the expense of spain and uruguay. Spain is in the finals and uruguay is fighting for third place.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by ACM10: 7:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
It is only in Nigeria that the football board selects players for the coach. So shameful. If I were Keshi, I wouldn't spend a day longer in that post. Japan crashed out of the competition after putting up a great performance. Nobody asked for the head of the coach. Some mofos in NFA are milking this opportunity to advance their ethnic and selfish agenda.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by 2chains1(m): 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
oxford: Ok so Keshi won the African cup of nation and he can no longer be corrected abi? Rubbish.
My memory has not failed me. I remember how we were nearly eliminated from the cup of nation just at the group stage. I remember how we watched with bated breath, at the edge of our seat how lowly fifa rated Burkina nearly gave 160 million nigeria heart attack. Truth is we had luck on our side in afcon 2012. so let us not allow that get into our head.

Second, the world cup is a different stage all together and only the very best gets there both for coaches and players. Truth a team that average one goal per match is not a world cup team. Keshi is not yet there, and he must be told that hard fact straight in the face.

He must also realise that he needs our collective input because at the end if we allow he to messed up, we bear the burden. I must sincerely thank maigari and his team for threatening him with a sack at afcon, otherwise he and his team would have slept all through.

now the question is where are these players:
1. Osaze

2.Lukeman

3.Joel Obi

4.Obase

Joel obi was injured for a greater part of last year. Besides we don't have a problem in left back. Echejile is fine.
Don't know abt obasi
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by theripper2: 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
I no wan see pass 2 aboki for that team and 2 yoruba boys for that National team o. No federal character for this one o
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by mmmustapha(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
Gud 1 nff, dat idiot went to his village n brought his family 2 play 4 nig
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by MaziOmenuko: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
It has been vexing this alhaji that a certain region of the country is not represented in the team in the spirit of national interest and federal character.

Thus, his quote that the team belongs to we all 160mil Nigerians. We know where he's headed; but he should focus more on his office and stop intruding into the coach's primary constituency.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
kingthreat: Guys as much as we despise NFF, lets give them a plus on this. Keshi was clueless to go to a tournament with just one main striker, who is Oduamadi. The rest were inexperienced and unknown. Can someone tell me what gambo Mohammed was doing there. Keshi gambled him to play his first international match and all we saw was nonsense. Keshi should outgrow all these nonsense of building a team. He's been building that since he became coach. By now, we should have a strong team, not just a flock of inexperienced boys making the Super Eagles team list.

shocked shocked
It took Westerhof over 5 years to build the US '94 team. You want it done in two years.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by tchikelue: 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
Honestly speaking this NNF boss is a big fool and this his comment just exposed how shallow that man is upstairs. At least he should be constructive in his criticism. Instead of the fool to fix our local league that contributes absolutely nothing in terms of entertainment,revenue,job opportunities or even source of income to some gamblers. He is their trying to summon the over 160million Nigerians to assist Keshi. The boss just let him know that they have to alter your contract terms as regards the set target. Thank God for confederations cup, now Keshi knows were to concentrate more before the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by musiwa24: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
i think nfa dont get it. britain has 8 team.. northern nigeria is different from eastern nigeria or western nigeria.. the laws force and created by military occupation are not valid in the international community.

the way the independent act and international treaty see you. are 3 different countries. northern nigeria or western nigeria can play a team at the world cup. you will be allowed to play 3 team under northern nigeria, eastern nigeria and western nigeria.. this is how you are international.. even Olympia games.

it is not international legally possible to make you one country. you are not one country. it is just most of your leaders have not been well educated. a military man has no power internationally to make what is 3 to become one. this is what happened. if not.. why dont you invade cameroon and make yours because there are rule

if the north create its own association. it will play at fifa world cup.

nigeria government international if you view legally have always been illegal from 1960 because of the independent act which is an international treaty. which the military never followed.

you are wasting the stadium you have. if you dont use them.. northern nigeria or western nigeria can play a team at the world cup.
britain plays 8 team...

the advantage of doing this. is , it create jobs for your people... in the printers, newspaper, television, food, transportation, gifts, etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIKyPpXZLeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdRwFh9BFts

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by cosify: 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
Keshi should b allowd to do his work without fear or favour.Maigari's undue interference wil only spoil d good work Keshi has started.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
I wouldsimply resign if I were Keshi. noneed to talk too much
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Erifenz: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
Anything they like let them do I'm not interested in Nigeria football anymore
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
Garri_Activist: Who is MaiGarri? Is he related to Seun ShaGarri?
wink cheesy
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Ninilowo(m): 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
jojo2011: When he won the Nations Cup with with the Locals well represented why did they not complain.When will the Local players be exposed if not in a competition that is not in the class of the World Cup.That is why we are backward this area of the world.This is the person in charge of the Nigerian League openly saying that the League is a trash.That is the import,so he is saying nothing Good can come out of the Nigerian Professional League.FOOL
A BIG FOOL INDEED. HYPOCRATE!
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by busayobrig: 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
Dem don start again.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by bobbyL(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
oxford: Ok so Keshi won the African cup of nation and he can no longer be corrected abi? Rubbish.
My memory has not failed me. I remember how we were nearly eliminated from the cup of nation just at the group stage. I remember how we watched with bated breath, at the edge of our seat how lowly fifa rated Burkina nearly gave 160 million nigeria heart attack. Truth is we had luck on our side in afcon 2012. so let us not allow that get into our head.

Second, the world cup is a different stage all together and only the very best gets there both for coaches and players. Truth a team that average one goal per match is not a world cup team. Keshi is not yet there, and he must be told that hard fact straight in the face.

He must also realise that he needs our collective input because at the end if we allow he to messed up, we bear the burden. I must sincerely thank maigari and his team for threatening him with a sack at afcon, otherwise he and his team would have slept all through.

now the question is where are these players:
1. Osaze

2.Lukeman

3.Joel Obi

4.Obase

Good. Where's Mikel, Emenike, Ideye, even Musa? I guess you can answer with even further info on how regularly they play where they are.
The question you asked should tell you why the ones you listed aren't on the Nigerian team. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Negro1: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Roliks09: 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
Who is a local player? Does England refer to players in the EPL as local? We had better get this kind of reasoning out of our heads if we want rapid sports development. What we have is a mismanaged league with bunch of thieving and corrupt officials. Local Oga o.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by biomedixexcel(m): 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
Nigeria people are funny!
So you expected us to defeat Spain?
Even if we gather all professional footballers (home and abroad) They cannot defeat Spain. We should be proud of how we competed with them and attacked them, not many teams in this era can match their talents!
See how this Spanish team dismantled Italy in Euro Finals. if they were Nigeria, we would av crucified them.
With there performance, all they need is encouragement not condemnation! This man should go and sit down

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
No where in a sane society do national football governing bodies select players for a coach appointed to manage a team...

Okay, let me put things into perspective about our exit from Confederations Cup.....

1... Out of the 8 teams that competed at the event, our Fifa ranking is 31st, just ahead of Japan and Tahiti.

2... We were in a group with Spain ( world champions, European champions and a country whose football league is one of the best in the world)

3. Uruguay are South America Champions and have strikers that have scored over 60 goals in top European leagues combined

4...The last time Spain lost in any football tournament was 4 years ago, when they lost to USA at the Confed Cup.

Now, let's compare these teams in our group with Nigeria.....

1... Nigeria has one was the lowest ranked football league in the world. We neither invest in our leagues nor broadcast it.

2... The pitches our local league players play on are dismal, and our home league players aren't properly paid.

3... Maigari wants more foreign players.... Can Maigari name any Nigerian player that plays abroad that has scored over 20 league goals for his team?

4.... Won't a smart NFF chairman prefer local players that are ready to play with heart, commitment and honour than foreign based players that can't be bothered?

Keshi is doing a great job, and his choice of players are limited. Very few Nigerian players play in Europe's top teams, so he is left with no option but to choose from local league.

Our home-based players haven't disappointed us either. Their ball possession against Spain was excellent and they created chances. If we had a Van Persie against Spain or Uruguay, we would have easily won....

This implies that Keshi's team is good and improving and what it needs is attacking prowess.

Like someone earlier said, Confed is a glorified friendly match tournament, and not much should be read into it. It has given our local players some exposure and some experiences. It has also highlighted areas Keshi should work on.

So Maigari should stop calling fireman to where there is no fire. He has no clue anyway.

Ex-footballers should run our FA and not clueless people... Jonathan should charge the likes of Okocha, Ekoku and the likes to run our FA.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
Negro1:
y r u talking like a mumu...winning d African Nations Cup is not an excuse for failure.
BTW do u want to compare d teams we played in africa to spain or uruguay?
Y didnt spain bring dere local boys, brazil, italy, uruguay, dey all brought dere experienced players, y can't we?
pls stop thnkin tru ur anus

Every team came with lots of their local players. The other teams have taken time to build their team. Keshi just started two years ago. angry
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by biomedixexcel(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
Negro1:
y r u talking like a mumu...winning d African Nations Cup is not an excuse for failure.
Y didnt spain bring dere local boys, brazil, italy, uruguay, dey all brought dere experienced players, y can't we?

I also believe you are not thinking through ur head.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
when we were going for the confed cup, NFF said it wasn't their priority that their priority was qualifying for the world cup. Why all these now?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: You are out of your mind, he's the coach dumb azz the only one. You don't like him , sack him but don't interfer in his job. Unfortunately many African nations still have this inferiority complex and only want to hire white coaches . If I was keshi I would leave to train another country.

You can't b prophet in your own house
If NFF succeeds with this, we'll end up like your national team
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by ACM10: 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
Negro1:

Seriously are you outta your mind. The bulk of Spanish players are from Barcelona and Real Madrid. That makes them local. Please quit disgracing yourself in an open forum.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aiyegbeni: Oliseh Greater Than Mikel As Defensive Midfielder / Rabah Madjer: "Nigeria Is A Team Of Benchwarmers" / Tokyo Olympics: Blessing Oborududu Wins Silver In Wrestling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.