Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,956 members, 7,845,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF (24081 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Keshi Will Get His Eagles Job Back After Begging Almost On His Knees - Vanguard / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by rapcy(m): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
Abegggggg, Nigerians let us contribute to diz ... Let us join hands n spread disagmnt on blogs n websites, hopefully something gud might come out of it... diz NFF r full of trash.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by write2obi(m): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Please Mr Maigari. What is the website of the NFF? cheesy
ww.youdondrink that's all undecided

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by write2obi(m): 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
okoli chibuzor: u are right bro.NFF should let de young man be.
young man??
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by portage(m): 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2013

http://nigeriafootballng.com/

Shame on the so called NFF. They can not even maintain a web page angry angry No information on the site

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
Negro1:
y r u talking like a mumu...winning d African Nations Cup is not an excuse for failure.
BTW do u want to compare d teams we played in africa to spain or uruguay?
Y didnt spain bring dere local boys, brazil, italy, uruguay, dey all brought dere experienced players, y can't we?
pls stop thnkin tru ur anus
You are a large fool! Spain's starting 11 against us were local boys!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by JaaizTech: 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
this is embarassing. We are such an immature people and really under-developed in our reasoning and this is not just about maigari, many people of echoed the same views on this forum.
We think we are wiser and smarter than the rest of World but we are not, even though I agree Keshi may have made better decisions with his player selections, but I don't thimk that is why we crashed out early.
Whom are these so called professionals, that keshi could have invited, outside Yobo and Ike Uche, that are at least good enough for the SE bench; i see no other player that was worthy.
Keshi actually should be praised, 3 of our star players were out- Moses, Emeneke and Onazi and to add to his woes Oduamadi got injured early in the 2nd game; and yet with all these challenges we still put a good show. Let me also add that Anichebe turned down an opportunity to be invited to play.
This team has a lot of promise, what the coach needs is support and not media criticism.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by NellyGhenghen(m): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
You guys are being shallow minded, I'm not a big fan of the NFF but I agree with them on this one... Mind you, they didn't say they were gonna take complete control over the team selection. In as much as keshi is an excellent coach, he allows personal beef interfere with business and that's where the NFF would come in... carlos tevez refused to come on as a substitute for man city, balloteli almost threw blow with the coach, rooney(rude boy) at an early age dey tell referee fucck you, suarez dey chop human being, they all got punished and are back to playing.. why can't keshi reconcile with osaze? for how many years? what did he do? Even after he apologized publicly.

How could he have gambled with the confederations cup? with ideye and gambo and akpala?? against world renowned players who have played on every international ground known? when we have osaze and martins who have had amazing seasons at their clubs, rumour even has it that kalu uche wasn't injured during the tournament. I think its a good step by the NFF.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by sambos994(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: You guys are being shallow minded, I'm not a big fan of the NFF but I agree with them on this one... Mind you, they didn't say they were gonna take complete control over the team selection. In as much as keshi is an excellent coach, he allows personal beef interfere with business and that's where the NFF would come in... carlos tevez refused to come on as a substitute for man city, balloteli almost threw blow with the coach, rooney(rude boy) at an early age dey tell referee fucck you, suarez dey chop human being, they all got punished and are back to playing.. why can't keshi reconcile with osaze? for how many years? what did he do? Even after he apologized publicly.

How could he have gambled with the confederations cup? with ideye and gambo and akpala?? against world renowned players who have played on every international ground known? when we have osaze and martins who have had amazing seasons at their clubs, rumour even has it that kalu uche wasn't injured during the tournament. I think its a good step by the NFF.

So I guess you weren't here for the part where Keshi said he want Osaze back.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by mipemi(m): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
www.nff.....dts all

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by joewee87: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sincerely i do not buy the idea of NFF choosing players for the coach (that would bring about another "politics"which would cause another big issue) but i also do not like the fact that there is segregation on the part of the coach as well putting out some key players...he has to vary all available options before deciding on the final list.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: You guys are being shallow minded, I'm not a big fan of the NFF but I agree with them on this one... Mind you, they didn't say they were gonna take complete control over the team selection. In as much as keshi is an excellent coach, he allows personal beef interfere with business and that's where the NFF would come in... carlos tevez refused to come on as a substitute for man city, balloteli almost threw blow with the coach, rooney(rude boy) at an early age dey tell referee fucck you, suarez dey chop human being, they all got punished and are back to playing.. why can't keshi reconcile with osaze? for how many years? what did he do? Even after he apologized publicly.

Coaches don't choose players solely on great talent. You also have to respect the team spirit...

Talented players with silly attitudes can go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Soso990240(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigwallace: Am surprised wt d way some pple here re critisin maigari cos of his comment,d man is right keshi took d wrong players to d confed cup,a team dt has no bench or ow else can we explain d strikers performance players lik ujah,akpala who only plays 2minutes for his club,micheal babatunde who is. Bench warmer for his club in ukraine,emeka eze,gambo mohamed dis re untested players nd sincerely keshi should av done beta wt his selections.so I totally agree wt maigari on dis matter!
sharrap bro..is keshi d only coach in the team? He is just d head coach,and am sure he is not the only person dat sugested the players(ujah,akpala and Gambo.Nff should just sugest and leave the coach to make the final selection.after all,its keshi dat will coach them.alow him to bring boys dat he can discipline on his own.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by otokx(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
Maigari needs to have his head examined by a team of psychiatric doctors at UPTH.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2013

You are the one who is shallow minded, Osaze is not fit to lace the boot of any of those players you mentioned, he scored 9 goals in 10 years for us and has hardly played any match this year. Remind me again why Kesh should have picked him. I am sure you don't even know where Martins is playing for you to have wrote the rubbish above, as for Kalu Uche how is his refusal to come Keshi's fault? With due respect sir, you are a big fool.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by snowytee(m): 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
In as much as we'd advocate for Keshi to control his team,NFF is not that far from the truth on this one.Keshi carried 8 homebased players to the confed cup and played only two,some people might not be far from the truth if they say he is collecting a part of their 5k dollars.Tell me why the man is not satisfied with the punishment he has already meted out to Osaze?Why was Martins not picked.We are African champions and we are better than that poor showing.I don't support NFF boldly meddling in his team selection but somebody has to call him to order at times
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
joewee87: Sincerely i do not buy the idea of NFF choosing players for the coach (that would bring about another "politics"which would cause another big issue) but i also do not like the fact that there is segregation on the part of the coach as well putting out some key players...he has to vary all available options before deciding on the final list.
Our key players: Emenike and Moses were injured, any other name you add to that list of key players he didn't invite is completely useless and I'll prove my assertion with facts.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by deandavid(m): 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
kingthreat: Guys as much as we despise NFF, lets give them a plus on this. Keshi was clueless to go to a tournament with just one main striker, who is Oduamadi. The rest were inexperienced and unknown. Can someone tell me what gambo Mohammed was doing there. Keshi gambled him to play his first international match and all we saw was nonsense. Keshi should outgrow all these nonsense of building a team. He's been building that since he became coach. By now, we should have a strong team, not just a flock of inexperienced boys making the Super Eagles team list.
let this man do his job,if he wants to build a new team,then we should allow him. Spain, Germany and those soccer super power teams built their team, which took some years. Keshi jst started, moreover its becos of d absence of moses nd emenike,dat was why our attack wasnt sharp,if nt team nigeria,played well,throughout d tournament.since keshi took over d team,Nigeria's style of play has improved. Mr maigari is jst an enermy of progress.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
snowytee: In as much as we'd advocate for Keshi to control his team,NFF is not that far from the truth on this one.Keshi carried 8 homebased players to the confed cup and played only two,some people might not be far from the truth if they say he is collecting a part of their 5k dollars.Tell me why the man is not satisfied with the punishment he has already meted out to Osaze?Why was Martins not picked.We are African champions and we are better than that poor showing.I don't support NFF boldly meddling in his team selection but somebody has to call him to order at times
Martins played against Kenya in March and hardly touched the ball for 70 minutes, his inclusion in that team almost cost us our world cup place. Osaze hasn't played any football this year. You guys make it look like those names you keep calling won us the world cup. Ivory Coast has dropped Drogba who is better than Osaze and Martins merged together and no one is crying, Brazil doesn't use Kaka and Ronaldinho any more, both players are better than any body in Brazil's midfield now if you depend on past glory, but they were dropped. You guys should get some sense.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by COOLDUN: 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigwallace: Am surprised wt d way some pple here re critisin maigari cos of his comment,d man is right keshi took d wrong players to d confed cup,a team dt has no bench or ow else can we explain d strikers performance players lik ujah,akpala who only plays 2minutes for his club,micheal babatunde who is. Bench warmer for his club in ukraine,emeka eze,gambo mohamed dis re untested players nd sincerely keshi should av done beta wt his selections.so I totally agree wt maigari on dis matter!

How would the non tested and new talents be discovered without being tested? Every good player was once tested. You guys don't know what Keshi is doing to our local football until he is sacked. Then we will be playing with the foreign based bench warmers.

Who is the best player that was not taken to the tournament? that the attackers flopped does never mean that the team was not good in the tournament. Clemence Westerhorf , began his job with mainly local players when the pros were seeing themselves as gods.

His team was criticized as not defending well, he answered then that no team is perfect in every department, he said that if his attackers could be scoring mores while the defends concede few goals that the team would win every match.

Giving the local players chance to play will boost the Morales of our home base players to work harder in their domestic clubs, and by that the league will bounce back to its previous standard, which would attract foreign investors into our football sector.

Stephen Keshi, should be left alone to do his work, or be relieved his duty so that the NFF could hire european road side mechanics as foreign technical adviser that will be coaching our national team online.

We sack our coaches like house boys while the politicians that are not performing beyond 0% are left to be strangling the country. When Stephen Keshi, goes then Nigerians will know his importance. Leave S.Keshi alone the NFF/

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Pakonte(m): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

They complained and even tried to sack him during the competition. Don't worry, the Boss will shame them again. I trust Coach Keshi, he will never take their list.
u cannot compare the african style of playing d sweet game wif dat of the europeans....d gap is jux 2 wide...local players shudnt b used at world stage cos dey gat no experience....1 question can u take ogogoro to a well tushed bar, placed it on ur table n start sippin...think well
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by camelus: 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
oxford: Ok so Keshi won the African cup of nation and he can no longer be corrected abi? Rubbish.
My memory has not failed me. I remember how we were nearly eliminated from the cup of nation just at the group stage. I remember how we watched with bated breath, at the edge of our seat how lowly fifa rated Burkina nearly gave 160 million nigeria heart attack. Truth is we had luck on our side in afcon 2012. so let us not allow that get into our head.

Second, the world cup is a different stage all together and only the very best gets there both for coaches and players. Truth a team that average one goal per match is not a world cup team. Keshi is not yet there, and he must be told that hard fact straight in the face.

He must also realise that he needs our collective input because at the end if we allow he to messed up, we bear the burden. I must sincerely thank maigari and his team for threatening him with a sack at afcon, otherwise he and his team would have slept all through.

now the question is where are these players:
1. Osaze

2.Lukeman

3.Joel Obi

4.Obase
I tot AFCON was played this 2013
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by clever5680: 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
if the coach will not select the players then let every governor bring a representative. foooooollllllls
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by macrosa(m): 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
Keshi, don't let the big stomach monkeys ruin ur job. They never said anything when u won the nations cup. Now they are opening their bucal cavity just because Nigeria lost the game. Do we expect victory all the time...other people are also praying for victory. Whom God favours should be happy, and who lost the game should smile, pray harder and work harder and not looking for who to blame.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by OkBounce(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
Eureka!..well this is obtainable when you have dumb asz in the person of my garri.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by manyr4luv: 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
joseph1013:

Echoes of Nigeria’s elimination from the FIFA Confederations still reverberates,with President of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) Aminu Maigari,declaring that Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi will no longer have the sole responsibility of choosing players for the national team.

The NFF President while speaking in a magazine show, Soccer Africa on Supersports,questioned the players Keshi took to the tournament in Brazil,adding that he went with inexperienced players.

Following Nigeria’s elimination from the Confederations,criticisms have been trailing the technical crew of the Super Eagles,after the team failed to take their goalscoring of their chances at the tournament.

TO HELL WITH NFF!!!!!!

“Spain brought their best players, but we did not. Why would you bring a local player to play Spain at such a big stage?” Maigari asked.

“This is unacceptable. We have experienced players that were not selected and this is where we have to step in.”

“The coach doesn’t have the sole responsibility on squad selection. We all have to contribute. This team belongs to 165 million people”

“Selections should affect all these people so we cannot continue to let this happen because we need to compete well with others.”

Nigeria crashed out of the Confederations last Sunday,after winning just one game against Tahiti,and losing the other games against Uruguay and Spain,despite putting up good performances.
Keshi in his own defence,said that he selected the right players available to represent the country at the tournament.

“I understand Nigerians are emotive and sentimental sometimes but all the players that went to Brazil deserved to be there,” Keshi told BBC Sport.

“I’m the coach and I can honestly listen to constructive ideas on how we can improve as a team.

“But no-one has come to tell me who to pick and not to select. If the team fails the coach is responsible.

“As the coach, it’s my decision and responsibility. For now, the local players have earned the rights to be in the team.”

Does the NFF have the right to meddle in the choice of players,Keshi takes to a tournament?

SOURCE: http://allsports.com.ng/2013/06/29/keshi-will-no-longer-select-players-alone-nff-president/
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
They should give the slots to Senators.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by taiocol: 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
kingthreat: Guys as much as we despise NFF, lets give them a plus on this. Keshi was clueless to go to a tournament with just one main striker, who is Oduamadi. The rest were inexperienced and unknown. Can someone tell me what gambo Mohammed was doing there. Keshi gambled him to play his first international match and all we saw was nonsense. Keshi should outgrow all these nonsense of building a team. He's been building that since he became coach. By now, we should have a strong team, not just a flock of inexperienced boys making the Super Eagles team list.
do u watch d national league. He gambled nt startin gambo in d first match against tahiti nd urugauy nd expect him to give him magic 5mins remaining against SPAIN. GAMBO WAS THE BEST OR BECAUSE ODUAMDI SCORED 3 AGAINST MINNOR. WATCH GAMBO@KP B4 U JUJ. 91GOALS IN 114APP FOR kp
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by fubbyy(m): 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
trigar12: I support it 100%, keshi has been selecting some funny players that plays in some dustbin league abroad. His list needs to be screened. #my2cents#
and why didn't you said this few months ago when he won the nations cup, nigerians and their low mentality,kai... Look @ the people praising keshi few months ago, did you expect him to beat spain or what?

Only in nigeria this rubbish happens
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
taiocol:
do u watch d national league. He gambled nt startin gambo in d first match against tahiti nd urugauy nd expect him to give him magic 5mins remaining against SPAIN. GAMBO WAS THE BEST OR BECAUSE ODUAMDI SCORED 3 AGAINST MINNOR. WATCH GAMBO@KP B4 U JUJ. 91GOALS IN 114APP FOR kp
You have a point, I don't think Spain match with us losing was the best time to give Gambo his debut, but that shouldn't be an excuse for him to mess up like that. He threw away his chance to move his career forward with that horrible miss.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
[size=18pt]Seems NFF want to be able to resume collecting bribes to select certain players[/size]
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by UnclevicYBNL(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hh Hh www.nff dats all i dnt want to say one thing and my........................ Help me pls cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashanu To Build Sports Academy In Numatville Megacity, / Saul Niguez: Chelsea Agree Loan Deal For Atletico Madrid Midfielder. / Aiyegbeni: Oliseh Greater Than Mikel As Defensive Midfielder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.