Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Muslim Sisters, Please Read - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Sisters, Please Read (1509 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Muslim Sisters Circle / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 10:11am On Jul 01, 2013
busar: mac, I beg leave this thing nah.You are taking it too far o.

#Justsaying.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 10:23am On Jul 01, 2013
Let me make what I am saying clearer. Like Sino said and I also said, I was half-joking in my initial comment. If I am criticising anybody here, it has to be the sisters who for the most part are not being active as a group bar the TTC thread.

Whilst tbaba might have added a few grey hairs exchanging words with me #Joking, I was kinda-sorta hoping some sisters would seize the initiative.

Does anybody else see or now understands what I saw?
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by deols(f): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2013
maclatunji: Let me make what I am saying clearer. Like Sino said and I also said, I was half-joking in my initial comment. If I am criticising anybody here, it has to be the sisters who for the most part are not being active as a group bar the TTC thread.

Whilst tbaba might have added a few grey hairs exchanging words with me #Joking, I was kinda-sorta hoping some sisters would seize the initiative.

Does anybody else see or now understands what I saw?

I for one dont see anything that you saw.

It is not your place to criticise anybody or tell them what to do or not . Lording it over them is even worse.

You can advise them or admonish on what they may be doing wrong. With great emphasis on the word, wrong.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 11:02am On Jul 01, 2013
deols:

I for one dont see anything that you saw.

It is not your place to criticise anybody or tell them what to do or not . Lording it over them is even worse.

You can advise them or admonish on what they may be doing wrong. With great emphasis on the word, wrong.

Whose place then is it to criticise? You raise a very valid point- people's aversion to criticism. You may also be right in the sense that some people think I am 'lording' myself over them when I post (elsewhere too) but it is not true. You at least know that I spare no punches even in places that I do not moderate.

I differ with you when you say criticism is for when someone does something wrong. We writers expect our work to be critiqued even if we sell a billion copies. I believe good can always get better and so on.

Perhaps that is the problem I have. #Overdrive

Enough about me, which sister is creating the thread?
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by lanrexlan(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2013
sino: I think it's a good idea, a dedicated thread for the sisters, it may be named 'the sisters platform'

@deols,
The sisters are everywhere na, i opine that you start the thread as the amirah(yeah, it's official grin), let it make front page, seek support from sisters, especially from the ttc thread on this section(i believe they are matured and experienced as well as knowledgeable), you may also pm sisters that have been active on this section, informing them about this special thread dedicated to them.
Brothers too can contribute, shearing useful info that are targeted at the sisters.

@mac&tbaba, una don start again abi? Personally, i saw mac's initial post as a joke(typical of him), heck, there ain't nothing wrong about a bro bringing up suggestions for sisters. So both of you should stop putting your feet on the letter P and see how we can better our lot jare.
Gbam!!! Gbam!!! Gbam!!! grin
sino: I think it's a good idea, a dedicated thread for the sisters, it may be named 'the sisters platform'

@deols,
The sisters are everywhere na, i opine that you start the thread as the amirah(yeah, it's official grin), let it make front page, seek support from sisters, especially from the ttc thread on this section(i believe they are matured and experienced as well as knowledgeable), you may also pm sisters that have been active on this section, informing them about this special thread dedicated to them.
Brothers too can contribute, shearing useful info that are targeted at the sisters.

@mac&tbaba, una don start again abi? Personally, i saw mac's initial post as a joke(typical of him), heck, there ain't nothing wrong about a bro bringing up suggestions for sisters. So both of you should stop putting your feet on the letter P and see how we can better our lot jare.
Gbam!!! Gbam!!! Gbam!!! grin grin
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
@smile4ever,Asalamu alaykum dear,you are most welcome,i was a revert too from christianity,may Allah make firm your feet.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
@sino, salam bro... I wonder why he would take a link as sarcasm and start a tirade. Sometimes, I don't get the guy. He shouldn't take whatever is upseting him to nairaland. The worst thing is that he always tries to justify himself.

May Allah forgive our shortcomings.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by sino(m): 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
tbaba1234: @sino, salam bro... I wonder why he would take a link as sarcasm and start a tirade. Sometimes, I don't get the guy. He shouldn't take whatever is upseting him to nairaland. The worst thing is that he always tries to justify himself.

May Allah forgive our shortcomings.

Wa alaykum salam bro, sabr...

Lol @ mac being upset, I think mac has a high sense of humour which a lot of people might not be comfotable with or relate to and he is somewhat complex(or rebellious(just thinking aloud here mac wink ) )...

And ameen to your prayers, we all have our shorcomings.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
Deleted.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by busar(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2013
I think It's high time the brothers left the thread for the sisters. @Tbaba,jazaakumul lahu khayra

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by deols(f): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
No. this wasnt supposed to be a thread for the sisters. This is a thread encouraging the sisters to open one.

busar: I think It's high time the brothers left the thread for the sisters. @Tbaba,jazaakumul lahu khayra
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by deols(f): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
Well, I am deciding to ignore!!

you know, allowing people have a little 'high' sense can be rewarding
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by olawalebabs(m): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
My inactivity in this section is costing me some 'juicy' threads.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by deols(f): 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
olawalebabs: My inactivity in this section is costing me some 'juicy' threads.

you know, you should start acting.

@Sino, I really wish I can, but can not. I am sure other people are probably in similar shoes as I am hence their not being so active.

That we cant do it right now doesnt mean never. Hopefully, it would happen soon.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by olawalebabs(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2013
deols:

deols:

deols:

Acting again.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by sino(m): 8:49am On Jul 03, 2013
deols:

@Sino, I really wish I can, but can not. I am sure other people are probably in similar shoes as I am hence their not being so active.

That we cant do it right now doesnt mean never. Hopefully, it would happen soon.

Okay, i understand, let me join you in being hopeful that it would happen soon In sha Allah.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by ayinba1(f): 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
Smile4ever: Hi I am new to Islam I took my Shahada 4 months ago. It took me some time before my decision and when I coverted from Christianity to Islam I was ready to wear my Hijab and Abaya. My family is very Christian and since they have found out have started to exclude me from the family. I do not have friends and rely on my family to be my friends. I live in an area where there are only a few other Muslims and we have no Mosque close by. I am very lonely but find comfort in my prayer and in my Quran thanks to a mosque 2 hrs from here I have these things. I love my family very much and dont want to lose them but I will not change how I feel about Islam for them. Any ideas on how I can help them to understand?

Salam alaykum, sister and congratulations. I would like to be your friend for the pleasure of Allah. Ayinba@yahoo.com. I may be able to support your progress, insha Allah. Being patient is key and I am sure that your success is sure.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
ayinba1:

Salam alaykum, sister and congratulations. I would like to be your friend for the pleasure of Allah. Ayinba@yahoo.com. I may be able to support your progress, insha Allah. Being patient is key and I am sure that your success is sure.

Salam Alaykum, hope you are doing great.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by Sissie(f): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1347088/muslim-sisters-circle I have decided to create one oh, my very 1st thread, not sure how it works thou, @deols

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by deols(f): 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
Sissie: https://www.nairaland.com/1347088/muslim-sisters-circle I have decided to create one oh, my very 1st thread, not sure how it works thou, @deols

may Allah reward you sis.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by Sissie(f): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
deols:
may Allah reward you sis.
Amin and you too.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by ayinba1(f): 5:55am On Jul 05, 2013
maclatunji:

Salam Alaykum, hope you are doing great.

Alhamdulillah.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by sino(m): 10:25am On Jul 05, 2013
Sissie: https://www.nairaland.com/1347088/muslim-sisters-circle I have decided to create one oh, my very 1st thread, not sure how it works thou, @deols
BarakaLLAHU fihi!

(1) (2) (Reply)

As-samadaani, Chief Imam Of The Biggest Mosque In Ikorodu & 2nd In Lagos At 71 / Some Important Acts To Be Noted During Iqaamah, Adhan & Sallaat / Coming Back To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.