Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

What Are Your Thoughts On WEMA BANK? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are Your Thoughts On WEMA BANK? (641 Views)

My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. / Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts / Wema Bank Pay Package. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Thoughts On WEMA BANK? by Adesiji77: 6:21am On Jun 30, 2013
I would like to know what you think of this bank. A friend is on the verge of being given an offer by the FI but I am concerned about the brand though there seems to be an improvement in perception but their online presence is limited majorly to their website and wikipedia. Moderator, front page please!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On WEMA BANK? by ihedioramma: 6:29am On Jun 30, 2013
??
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On WEMA BANK? by napoleon77(m): 8:53am On Jun 30, 2013
Hello Adesiji

Strange question you are asking in my honest opinion.

You say "you" are "concerned about the brand". Is your friend also concerned?

Did your friend apply to work with the bank? If he did then he must at least know something about the bank and also want to work there. I don`t understand the relevance of your "concern".

For him to go through the application process and get to the "verge" of being giving an offer then he must want to work there (irrespective of his reasons).

Just my view
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On WEMA BANK? by Syenite(m): 9:00am On Jun 30, 2013
Adesiji77: I would like to know what you think of this bank. A friend is on the verge of being given an offer by the FI but I am concerned about the brand though there seems to be an improvement in perception but their online presence is limited majorly to their website and wikipedia. Moderator, front page please!

Why take panadol over some1 else's head-ache? And you want this to be on front page?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On WEMA BANK? by Adesiji77: 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
@ihedioramma, @napoleon77, @syenite...I apologize if i have offended your sensibilities. Let me come out clean! My friend has actually done his medicals when he told me about the processes and also encouraged me to apply. His former boss is now there and needs him in a support function.

I am hesitant about going through the application process because of the very little information on the bank that is available online. I know the next question would be-why dont you ask your friend? I know that it always appear 'greener' on the other side so i want unbiased, dispassionate opinions.

Hope this 'revelation' clarifies your queries. Thank you.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On WEMA BANK? by napoleon77(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hi Adesiji

What do you stand to lose by applying and (if successful) going through the application process? What is the risk in applying?

If you are unsuccessful, then no problem! Case closed!

If successful, then you compare the offer with your present employment (I believe you work).

Life is about taking risks. IF you are successful, but can't take the risks of working in a new place since you dont have sufficient information about the place then maintain status quo and remain where you are.

I know almost nothing about the "new" Wema Bank, but from what I see on Linkedin there are people who have left banks like GTB and FCMB and joined them!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On WEMA BANK? by Adesiji77: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
@napoleon77....well said bro. Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Info On Shoe Making / Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services / Crazyman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.