Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

You Have Got To Help Me On This One! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / You Have Got To Help Me On This One! (993 Views)

Hi Guys, I Need Someone To Help Me Check The Vin Records For The Following Cars / Top 7 Tips To Help You Avoid Buying A Flood Damaged Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have Got To Help Me On This One! by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 30, 2013
Just took a loan of say about 650k; I intend to invest in drop/cab kinda enterprise.
I need urgent..serious advice of what product I can purchase with this budget that will totally serve the purpose
..durability, fuel-efficiency and comfort being top of the list of wish-lists; in that order.

Guys, help a bruva out.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry
Re: You Have Got To Help Me On This One! by BYXplicit(m): 10:40am On Jun 30, 2013
I will advise you go for a toyota product, reason been that its easier to maintain,parts are cheap and its durable and since with your budget you can't get fresh toks of a higher grade you can purchase a fairly used toyota camry pencil light..or you can get a toks golf 3 its equally a good car but stay away frm audi 80.
Re: You Have Got To Help Me On This One! by bellong: 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mazda or Nissan will be good for a cab. That's the most I see those cab drivers use. Its for their durability and fuel efficiency.
Re: You Have Got To Help Me On This One! by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 15, 2013
I think Nissan sunnys are good
Re: You Have Got To Help Me On This One! by kingschild123(m): 5:30am On Jul 15, 2013
The most preferable car here is
jetta, golf 2 or 3 and nissan cars on hire
purchase you buy the car 500k it will pay
1m it is not an easy business but it's worth taking the risk.
Re: You Have Got To Help Me On This One! by bravolad(m): 11:14am On Jul 15, 2013
bybj: Just took a loan of say about 650k; I intend to invest in drop/cab kinda enterprise.
I need urgent..serious advice of what product I can purchase with this budget that will totally serve the purpose
..durability, fuel-efficiency and comfort being top of the list of wish-lists; in that order.

Guys, help a bruva out.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry

You did not state whether you are the one to drive the taxi or another driver. But either way, a golf 3 1.6 or 1.8 liter engine should be just good for that business. It's economical in terms of fuel consumption, affordable parts and reliably available mechanics all over the place for maintenance. With your budget, you should be able to get the direct TOKUNBO of this spec in Lagos. It is also a very strong car for this purpose as well as a good resale value.

Nissan sunny 1.4 or 1.6 liter engine is also another good option, but I doubt your budget can get you one in Lagos, except you want do the Cotonou thing. It's also reliable, fuel efficient, parts are cheap and mechanics are available with a good resale value.

You cannot go wrong with either of them, but you can get the golf 3 seamlessly with your current budget.

I hope this helps.
Re: You Have Got To Help Me On This One! by clemz85(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
please i just want use this avenue to ask if any one can tell me the use and appropriate time to engage 'L' in auto drive?
Re: You Have Got To Help Me On This One! by earthrealm(m): 8:37am On Jul 16, 2013
when u r towing somebody.....or driving through thick mud...gives u more engine braking power..and torque.
in everyday driving its not needed..just keep it in drive and go!
Re: You Have Got To Help Me On This One! by kshankky(m): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
Have you bought the car now, i can even put a tracking device on it to monitor your car anywhere it is and to guard against armed robbers

(1) (Reply)

CAR Racing Issue(it has been done) / Is It Advisable To Sell Working Car To Buy An Engine To Faulty Car? / Mdxers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.