Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Nigerians: What Is It With Us And BONING In Our Events? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians: What Is It With Us And BONING In Our Events? (793 Views)

Shocking Response From Nigerians: What If Your New Wife Is Not A Virgin? (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians: What Is It With Us And BONING In Our Events? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 01, 2013
When I was younger in school, I used to catch myself in certain frames of mind at naija events. One of them was seeing someone I remember (not actual friends) and then act like I didn't see them and keep walking. Another is seeing someone new that I would want to talk to for whatever reason, but because I was not in the person's "clique" or vice versa, I would decide not to even look at the person on second thought.

After some honest, no bullshit self-analysis, I deduced it came from a place of insecurity as in "I think this person thinks too highly of himself/herself or is too pretty/not wearing the latest thing/etc. I will bone him/her before they get to bone me and use me to feed their ego". From this analysis, I realized how pathetic I actually sounded. I since then began fighting this destiny-destroying socio-cultural habit.

Thankfully, I have since then matured past this and I now talk to whoever I wish to talk to. Some ofcourse do the ego boost thing like ignoring or acting in an annoying, disrespectful manner, but I'm too comfortable within myself to know that it had nothing to do with me, it's just them. Not everyone has gotten to that level of maturity yet where they understand that conversations are simply just that...conversations (it does not even have to lead to exchanging contacts unless if determined necessary), and that you can't spend your whole life talking to the same group of people as that is no way to grow a network.

It's always funny how pathetically "Hey remember me?"-ish these sorts of people become a couple years down the road, perhaps when out of school, desperately searching for work, with a non-existent or useless network because each and every was too busy acting like they were something else when they should have been talking to people & growing their network.

Consider this an encouragement to be more social and less disrespectful to people. Who knows what doors could be shut to you in the future because you decide to act rude to that person who said hello because you didn't know them. Over 70% of opportunities come from relationship, not strategies, skill, etc (these just help you manage the opportunities IF they come)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians: What Is It With Us And BONING In Our Events? by MrsChima(f): 10:40am On Jul 01, 2013
Bored huh buffie? tongue
Re: Nigerians: What Is It With Us And BONING In Our Events? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hmmm

Insecurity and Immaturity is the most cause of ''bonning'' !!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: What Is It With Us And BONING In Our Events? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Bored huh buffie? tongue
shhh!! grownups are discussing...
Re: Nigerians: What Is It With Us And BONING In Our Events? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ok you're invited to Nigeria reunion in Houston all week long. Come fetch some new puni and quit crying cheesy

Viewing this topic: sexkillz(m)

At a point I thought you went to jail undecided
Re: Nigerians: What Is It With Us And BONING In Our Events? by MrsChima(f): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
jacobscros: shhh!! grownups are discussing...

Your fada.
Re: Nigerians: What Is It With Us And BONING In Our Events? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Your fada.

grin

(1) (Reply)

He Has Two Kids And Wana Marry Me / CONFUSION: Man Cuddles With Fox, Thinks It Ishis Girlfriend / Things You Need To Stop Doing To Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.