Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World (290010 Views)

Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
May Nigeria be restored to the worship of Gods once again.

not Jews and Money.

Jews and MOney go hand in hand. No wonder all these pastors are rich from worshiping a JEW.

They are basically worshiping money.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Ijobaorun(m): 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
Thank u my broda. If they are talking abt Dangote, Bill gate etc; they would say its normal. Y not for men of God if it is their sweat as well?
Mind you, HEAVEN is not for poor people because GOD is not nd never poor!
Joshuaforever: Most people don't know the scriptures. The bible says that He(Jesus) was made poor so that through his poverty, we might be made rich. When worldly people(sinners) get rich, no one complains but when men of God get rich people are upset. The bible says it is God that gives power to get wealth.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Negation: 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Chinua said it best: why would the people of Nigeria have any issues with corruption when their own dream is to be part of the prosperous people when they get the chance? Is it not Naij? A place where people will scream 'Jesus, Jesus! Hallelujah', until it's the prayer is not working then the juju comes out?

5 out of 10 pastors being Nigerian tells you everything you need to know about Christianity and money in Nigeria. We will tell ourselves 'Let us be like Jesus!' But when it comes to reading the parts where it's obvious he didn't have dough- never fear, we have pastors who will do amazing conversions for us

i.e., Jesus' sandals were equivalent to Italian handmade shoes today.

If people were to list ALL the verses that seem in favour of riches VS the ones that weren't (esp. New Testament) you would see that more point to the latter ( esp as far as material wealth is concerned), but even with that people who's number 1 goal is to be rich will find a way to bend the verses.

The truth is, this type of Christianity has the perfect home in Nigeria - you can smell the desire for riches ( and what they will do for it) in the air. It's like a divined form of playing the lottery.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Kelly32: 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mr Aboki:

When was the last time God dealth with any issue?

You think say this na the days of Jonah wey fish dey swallow person, vomit am after three days?! grin

Africa lazy dependence on God to right wrongs is what has kept us where we are today. Look at that guy trying to prove that Jesus and his disciples were rich.. All he ended up doing was showing that he has only read the Bible, not studied it..

My people die for lack of wisdom.. Its what the bible says and now I am slowly beginning to understand why...

Do you propose to go fight them in other to right wrongs? Besides, if u have read my contribution correctly you would understand that I propose we should focus on our own salvation, phil 2:12 says (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience,watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ. finally Rev 22:11-12 says ''He who is unrighteous (unjust, wicked), let him be unrighteous still; and he who is filthy (vile, impure), let him be filthy still; and he who is righteous (just, upright, in right standing with God), let him do right still; and he who is holy, let him be holy still.
Behold, I am coming soon, and I shall bring My wages and rewards with Me, to repay and render to each one just what his own actions and his own work merit''.
So why should I fret,wisdom demands that i should focus on my work until I get my own results and also be rest assured that God is still in charge of issues, treating every case according to His own timing.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
Kelly 32:

Do you propose to go fight them in other to right wrongs? Besides, if u have read my contribution correctly you would understand that I propose we should focus on our own salvation, phil 2:12 says (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience,watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ. finally Rev 22:11-12 says ''He who is unrighteous (unjust, wicked), let him be unrighteous still; and he who is filthy (vile, impure), let him be filthy still; and he who is righteous (just, upright, in right standing with God), let him do right still; and he who is holy, let him be holy still.
Behold, I am coming soon, and I shall bring My wages and rewards with Me, to repay and render to each one just what his own actions and his own work merit''.
So why should I fret,wisdom demands that i should focus on my work until I get my own results.

The Bible also commands you to evangelize.

If you see another sheep being led astray by a Shepherd, would you fold your arms and do nothing?!

We dont have these debates/discussions just as a mere academic exercise, its also to help each other better understand the ways of their religion. The bible says, iron sharpeneth iron..

I never knew how many scriptures in the bible I had skipped until I read the Bible from front to back.

Some pastors need to be called to order or even HANDED OVER TO THE DEVIL in accordance with the scriptures.. angry[/b]

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Negation: 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Joshuaforever: Most people don't know the scriptures. The bible says that He(Jesus) was made poor so that through his poverty, we might be made rich. When worldly people(sinners) get rich, no one complains but when men of God get rich people are upset. The bible says it is God that gives power to get wealth.

The person who said this quoted verse, Paul, was he rich materially? In fact, what does he say just a few chapters later in 2Cor 11:27?

Look, the great JC was on earth and your bible has many of his quotes; why didn't he preach the kind of prosperity attributed to his name?

Anyway, why is this a surprise? The non- literal meanings of a lot of bible verses mean we can tweak them till Kingdom come. After all, nobody laments " I don't understand this people sef- when was I blind? I can see!"

And show me a person who has plucked out their eyes or cut their arms to avoid sin (Matt 5:30).

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by xtervaganza(m): 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
The funnything is, out of the top 10 Nigeria has 5 and still our country is the worst.

Is it that GOD has chosen to bless our country and curse us or our pastors just simply know how to milk money out of us?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Negation: 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
And don't get me wrong- there is nothing wrong with being rich (although in Pauls time, there seemed to be a clear demarcation line between the rich and the Christians who preached), but being stupidly rich when the poorest member of your church might not have eaten that Sunday?? After all, if you are poor and your pastor is rich, should that not be a connection that was set up by God ( for him/her to help you)?

Nope!!! Cos your pastor will tell you that God blessed him with his own money and that you should go and wait for your own. But please don't forget to tithe and pay offering. And thanksgiving offering.....
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by xtervaganza(m): 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
I don't blame the pastors, I blame peoplewho have simply turned themselves to ppastors mumu

I lost respect for a pastor the day he said “if my mom needs 5k and my pastor also needs 5k ad all I have is just 5k I should give the 5k to my pastor”. Just iagine

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by manny4life(m): 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
xtervaganza: I don't blame the pastors, I blame peoplewho have simply turned themselves to ppastors mumu

I lost respect for a pastor the day he said “if my mom needs 5k and my pastor also needs 5k ad all I have is just 5k I should give the 5k to my pastor”. Just iagine

That is not a true pastor, my pastor doesn't preach that.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by oluagness(m): 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
oiseworld: These men of God should try harder, they're still way behind Solomon.
Solomon was a king but not a prophet. In the olden days, Kings were expected to get goods from people within his kingdom, and the kingdom he was able to dominate.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
Negation:

The person who said this quoted verse, Paul, was he rich materially? In fact, what does he say just a few chapters later in 2Cor 11:27?

Look, the great JC was on earth and your bible has many of his quotes; why didn't he preach the kind of prosperity attributed to his name?

Anyway, why is this a surprise? The non- literal meanings of a lot of bible verses mean we can tweak them till Kingdom come. After all, nobody laments " I don't understand this people sef- when was I blind? I can see!"

And show me a person who has plucked out their eyes or cut their arms to avoid sin (Matt 5:30).

grin

GBAM!!!

Its easy to twist the bible around a lot to suit ones selfish gains. Sort of like what goes on in Islam. Its easy to quote the killer scriptures when thats your mission and omit the scriptures that talks about Love and how a Muslim should care for a non-muslim.

When a Pastor wants to take your money, he tells you about Tithe and how its a commandment from God. But they forget to mention that Jesus (who they now claim was rich) never paid a dime of tithe but rather paid taxes.. When they talk about tithes, they forget that even the Levites for whom the Tithing system was set up for also had to offer up 10% of it as a sacrifce (Burnt offering unto God).. Our Pastors take your tithes all for themselves..

Guy forgerrabout... These Pastors have found a suitable market in Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by unclenna(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Am richer than all of them
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
oluagness: Solomon was a king but not a prophet. In the olden days, Kings were expected to get goods from people within his kingdom, and the kingdom he was able to dominate.

You should have left it at "Solomon was a King, not a Prophet"..

Next now they will call Abraham.. And my response as well would be "Abraham was also not a Prophet"...

Its fun to shoot down Christian lies.. grin
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Olamiplenty1(m): 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Where did they get their wealth? From the poor gullible members. Their private jets? from those who stole money and come to their church for donatio and blessing. Check these pastors out, they never preach morals but prosperity-we shall all see sooo.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by ejirob: 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
I don't like talking about pastors and I don't like criticising wealth. Riches is god plan for his children, he doesn't want us poor, desolate, broke or sick. Whatever u know u like and want don't criticise. Hear me out before u talk. When I was growing up in a baptist church in the 80s there was dis man in our church who did not believe in miracle, to him miracle ended in d days of jesus and he didn't even believe in negative spiritual forces. To him all does talk and sermon on them is useless, lies and fake. Most of the days in church he will stand up and criticise those who believe this and even d pastor. As a little girl I watch him grow from a young father of seven boys to a retired man at the age of 60. After retirement he decided to build a house in d village so dat he can enjoy his family quietly enjoy his life with is family in d village. One day he went with one of d sons to check d building and make plans on how dey will move down but he had an issue with d elder brother in d villagwas dying he sae which led to his son insulting d elder,s bro wife and dat was d beginning of his search for miracle, d son got blind, the man himself got so sick with d doctors not finding anytin wrong with him, well d son died and when d man was d ying he said don't criticise or talk abot what u don't know, understand and may sometimes need. Happy new year everyone. I need and I receive so much wealth so I won't say anytin on this topic. Talkin abot it won't change anytin.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
ejirob: I don't like talking about pastors and I don't like criticising wealth. Riches is god plan for his children, he doesn't want us poor, desolate, broke or sick. Whatever u know u like and want don't criticise. Hear me out before u talk. When I was growing up in a baptist church in the 80s there was dis man in our church who did not believe in miracle, to him miracle ended in d days of jesus and he didn't even believe in negative spiritual forces. To him all does talk and sermon on them is useless, lies and fake. Most of the days in church he will stand up and criticise those who believe this and even d pastor. As a little girl I watch him grow from a young father of seven boys to a retired man at the age of 60. After retirement he decided to build a house in d village so dat he can enjoy his family quietly enjoy his life with is family in d village. One day he went with one of d sons to check d building and make plans on how dey will move down but he had an issue with d elder brother in d villagwas dying he sae which led to his son insulting d elder,s bro wife and dat was d beginning of his search for miracle, d son got blind, the man himself got so sick with d doctors not finding anytin wrong with him, well d son died and when d man was d ying he said don't criticise or talk abot what u don't know, understand and may sometimes need. Happy new year everyone. I need and I receive so much wealth so I won't say anytin on this topic. Talkin abot it won't change anytin.

You just painted God as a sick re;tarded psychopath..

God slowly kills his elder brother, Blinds one son, makes the man sick, then God kills the son and finally kills the Man... Just because he criticized.. grin

Let me ask you something; What it were a Human being who did all this to someone (using juju), what would you call that person..

#Judge yourself..
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Negation: 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
ejirob: I don't like talking about pastors and I don't like criticising wealth. Riches is god plan for his children, he doesn't want us poor, desolate, broke or sick. Whatever u know u like and want don't criticise. Hear me out before u talk. When I was growing up in a baptist church in the 80s there was dis man in our church who did not believe in miracle, to him miracle ended in d days of jesus and he didn't even believe in negative spiritual forces. To him all does talk and sermon on them is useless, lies and fake.

Ejirob you sound like a good dude and I hear you. But your comment sounds Nollywood-ish.

All these fear-fear stories, nobody is meant to question the system. Just shut up and wait 'your turn' mentality.

There is a passion behind the criticising- for me, I want my people to get up and start making things happen for themselves and others. The people who passively depended on ATR have just swapped that with passively waiting on God. The day I went to a seminar and I was taught to get rid of a headache through visualisation was the day I realised that we are too much like babies when it comes to God.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by biopat(m): 4:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
jointarena: Jesus Visits Dying Muslim Man, Nasir Siddiki In Toronto Hospital, Brings Healing [A MUST READ]

Nasir Siddiki , 34, Nasir Siddiki, a successful business man, had made his first million, but money meant nothing to him on his deathbed.

Diagnosed with the worst case of shingles ever admitted to Toronto General Hospital , his immune system shut down and doctors left him to die.

Nasir Siddiki, Left to Die
The next morning I woke in a sterile room on the eighth floor of the hospital, my skin burning as though someone had doused me in gasoline and lit a
match. I felt on fire from the inside out.

My doctor arrived and looked at me in wonder. “The blisters are multiplying so fast I can literally watch them grow,” he said. ‘”Your body isn’t fighting back.”

The next morning, in addition to shingles, I had chicken pox from head to toe. I was put in strict isolation. That evening my temperature soared to 107.6 degrees — hot enough to leave my brain permanently scrambled.

For days I continued to deteriorate. My nerve endings became so inflamed that a hair drifting across my skin sent shock waves of fire rippling through my body. By week’s end, I was listed in critical condition.

My Last Hope
In life, I’d been bold, self confident, a risk taker. But facing death, I was terrified. I had no idea what might await me on the other side. I’d been raised as a Muslem in London , England , and I understood Allah was not a God who heals.

My only hope was in medicine.
I eventually slipped so close to death that the doctors didn’t know I could hear them when they examined me. “His immune system has simply shut down,” one of them said.

“He’s dying,” the other confirmed. “His immune system must be compromised by AIDS.”
I don’t have AIDS! I wanted to shout, but I couldn’t form the words. Then it hit me. He said I’m dying!

The doctors spoke quietly to my co-worker, Anita. “In a few hours he’ll be dead,” they said. “If by some miracle he lives, he’ll probably be blind in his right eye, deaf in his right ear, paralyzed on his right side and he may be severely brain damaged from the high fever.”

Then they left.
They left me here to die! I felt like a drowning man going down for the third time. Gathering my strength I whispered a prayer. “God, if you’re real, don’t let me die!”
- See more at: http://www.jointarena.com/2013/08/jesus-visits-dying-muslim-man-nasir.html#.Ugyu45I3su4
mtchwweee.....Ogbeni, don't u know how to create a new thread?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by BrightestLight(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
WHAT?!That is not why Jesus was poor.His poverty was to show us humility(God the Son who owns everything became a poor carpenter).If Jesus spoke of wealth in any way,it was about spiritual wealth.JESUS NEVER ENCOURAGED MAKING LOTS OF MONEY.But instead he told us to accept whatever he gives to us just like the birds of the air.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ah Ah. Where's chris okotie now?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by BrightestLight(m): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
When I saw TB Joshua's name there,I smiled.No matter how much he gives,he never lacks.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by segnys007(m): 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
bro, I don't think the bible meant it the way you are saying it. The made rich mean.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by divictorymine: 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
I'm short of words but O Lord,let thy kingdom come and have mercy on me.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Simonet: 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
I would have sued Nairaland if this list did not include any Nigerian! cheesy
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by rhames(m): 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
Are these guys preaching the Word of God or Managing a large business empire?

Who takes over these ministries when they die?

Time will tell.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by iamdsam: 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
T.B Joshua is still the only one that accords maximum respect from me. The rest of them are greedy thieves
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Ebenezerk2: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
This list is questionable, Pastor Adeboye should not be there, why didn't they estimate his own worth?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ebenezerk2: This list is questionable, Pastor Adeboye should not be there, why did they estimate his own worth?
?

Huh?!

What do you mean?!

Adeboye should actually be richer than Oyedepo going by the number or Redeemed Churches in Nigeria alone + the World..
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
nedu2000: I see this as a very unfortunate development for 'men of God' who should be more concerned with issues of spirituality and not material possessions. Such acquisition of wealth is baffling whereby a new testament reading says "its easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God"
sir I beg to differ but I need to point our ur seemingly cryptic quasi-brilliant bible quote there..the statement "its easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" is infact both literary and non literary...in theology..it has been rightly explained that 'needle's eye' is infact a place in Jerusalem and not the hole of a needle used in sewing...'Needle's eye is like a back gate at jerusalem such that when the main gate has been locked..the people of jerusalem pass through this 'needle's eye' at the back of jerusalem...meanwhile its a small entrance...furthermore in the days of old...a camel was always significantly carrying loads..I.e...when the word 'camel' is said...the 1st tin that comes to one's mind is that it is an animal used for carriages....now back to the quote...for a camel to pass through the needle's eye...it needs to offload all that it is carrying b4 he can fit in the entrance....'''....so the passage simply means for a rich man to enter into heaven he needs to offload and careless about his riches and properties but that doesn't mean to gain entrance to heaven..one needs to be poor!...BIG NO!...the bible even speaks about God being the giver of wealth.prov 10:22...ecclesiastes.6:2..psalm 112:3...our God is not a poor God so we should be rich but we shouldn't allow our wealth take the place of God as number 1 in our lives..I hope my pedantic explanation was worthwhile...God bless

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
heefeholuwah: sir I beg to differ but I need to point our ur seemingly cryptic quasi-brilliant bible quote there..the statement "its easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" is infact both literary and non literary...in theology..it has been rightly explained that 'needle's eye' is infact a place in Jerusalem and not the hole of a needle used in sewing...'Needle's eye is like a back gate at jerusalem such that when the main gate has been locked..the people of jerusalem pass through this 'needle's eye' at the back of jerusalem...meanwhile its a small entrance...furthermore in the days of old...a camel was always significantly carrying loads..I.e...when the word 'camel' is said...the 1st tin that comes to one's mind is that it is an animal used for carriages....now back to the quote...for a camel to pass through the needle's eye...it needs to offload all that it is carrying b4 he can fit in the entrance....'''....so the passage simply means for a rich man to enter into heaven he needs to offload and careless about his riches and properties but that doesn't mean to gain entrance to heaven..one needs to be poor!...BIG NO!...the bible even speaks about God being the giver of wealth.prov 10:22...ecclesiastes.6:2..psalm 112:3...our God is not a poor God so we should be rich but we shouldn't allow our wealth take the place of God as number 1 in our lives..I hope my pedantic explanation was worthwhile...God bless

Its funny how when you spoke of wealth, you went to the old testament..

When you spoke of 'the eye of the needle, you related it to speaking about a place in Jerusalem'..

I'm sure if I allow you speak about the 'If your arm causes you to sin, chop it off' passage, you will attribute it to a figure of speech..

Funny enough, being a Christian means being "CHRIST LIKE" and sadly sir; Christ was not a Wealthy man and preached against gathering of earthly wealth severally in the bible.. Infact, he outrightly told the Man in the scriptures preceeding the 'eye of the needle' verse, to go and sell off all his properties and give to the poor and come follow him.. THAT was not figurative..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil / "ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.