Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,284 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti (4438 Views)

Kenyan Lamentations About Nigeria Dominance In Music And Africa Politics / Apc Dominance In Some Polling Units. / PDP Vows To Recapture Rivers, Edo In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Jegede26: 6:36am On Jul 02, 2013
The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in the south west says it is battle ready to regain south western states of Osun and Ekiti come the gubernatorial elections in 2014.

The caretaker chairman of the party in the south west; Ishola Filani who made the disclosure at the party secretariat in Ibadan said better strategy and a unified front will put PDP back in control of those states.

After a four-hour meeting among representatives of the party from all the 6 states of the south west, Filani told journalists that the party concluded that the zoning arrangement for the new NWC as proposed by the national headquarters remains adopted.

While the National Chairman and 2 other positions remain unaffected, the National Vice Chairman and zonal PRO have been zoned to Ekiti, Lagos was zoned the financial secretaries, Oyo was zoned auditor and youth leader, Ogun was zoned assistant secretary and auditor, Ondo was zoned treasurer and legal adviser while Osun was zoned National Secretary and zonal Women Leader.

Filani added that the position of the National Secretary formerly occupied by Olagunsoye Oyinlola is vacant and will be filled by another candidate as Oyinlola will not be returning to occupy that same position.

Source: Channels
Source: www.leadershub.org/news/pdp-vows-to-regain-dominance-in-osun-and-ekiti/
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by CROWE: 6:37am On Jul 02, 2013
PDP, its not about developing Nigeria, its about controlling it.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Gbawe: 6:37am On Jul 02, 2013
Simply not possible and not even a topic worth discussing.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by kkkp: 8:27am On Jul 02, 2013
Crazy party
grin grin
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Pedagogue: 10:03am On Jul 02, 2013
They are "BATTLE READY" ...ok, we've heard!!!

Is their so called battle in the interest of the teeming masses of these states?

What did the battles they won between 2003 - 2011 bring to these states?

Can they truthfully say the govt of Segun ONI is better than Fayemi in Ekiti...? Can they also sincerely aver that Aregbesola (though i do not like his personality) has not out performed Oyinlola in Osun?

Who are the likely candidates of the PDP in these states and what difference can their past/personality bring to these states. In Osun State, Omisore, and a former Minister (Chief Olasunkanmi) are said to be the possible candidates...What difference can one expect from these 'same of same ' politicians? In Ekiti state, Fayose and some other 'I have held positions in the past' politicians are said to be the contenders!!!

Albeit I have many things to fault in the govts of Aregbesola (Osun) and Fayemi (Ekiti), I still believe PDP is no viable alternative in these states...Moreover, the fact that majority of Yorubas deeply resent the PDP government at the center will also not help their cause!!!

D 2 elections will definitely be seen as 'do or die' by both d ACN/APC and PDP...If the incumbents win, it wil be a good plus for APC. If they lose any of d states, PDP and GEJ will feel they have a sense of belonging in d South West in 2015! To be frank, I do not see the latter happening.

*D situation in Ekiti State is however slightly different...in my view, Opeyemi Bamidele (who is likely to decamp from ACN to LP) will pose a bigger threat than PDP*

3 Likes

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by babarazy: 10:03am On Jul 02, 2013
we are waiting.
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by bellaberry: 10:03am On Jul 02, 2013
let them keep day dreaming tongue

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 02, 2013
A confused party that has no good agenda for its people but to gain dominance. How will ur dominance affect the lives of the people. Westerners are too smart to be Capture By People Decieving People{PDP}

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by fitzmayowa: 10:10am On Jul 02, 2013
Hmmm...I can smell rigging of election

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by misterh(m): 10:17am On Jul 02, 2013
I'm sure they know deep within them that it's mission impossible. That's if rigging is not used. I'm very sure that ACN will triumh in Osun state.
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by tubolancer(m): 10:18am On Jul 02, 2013
Okay!
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by TVTKOKO(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2013
Do we need d'fucking dominance or development? Wats up wit all those bullheaded crap up there
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by egift(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2013
In their dreams.
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Sibrah: 10:26am On Jul 02, 2013
Osun and Lagos are high priority targets. Rivers also !!!
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by dridowu: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2013
Every opposition dream of dat in evri state of d federation.
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by ayee123: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2013
Regain? May be possible in Ekiti in 8 yrs time but reclaiming Osun may be 30-40 years away.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by chiabuz: 10:35am On Jul 02, 2013
story story once upon a tyme there is a party called pdp(keep dreaming) first d presidency now dis
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 02, 2013
It can't happen under free and fair election. Gej is a LIAR!
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Monzuur(m): 10:50am On Jul 02, 2013
Imposhibu lafta is killin me..... grin
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by linsa01(m): 10:52am On Jul 02, 2013
Regaining Ekiti is possible if they put their house in order. But for Osun... Hmmm... Me i no know.
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by bot101(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2013
I don't know why the mentality of PDP politicians is like dat of someone playing monopoly mtcheeew. Make I go make real money joor.
Click d link in my sig to join me.
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Eneze1(f): 11:30am On Jul 02, 2013
This is a joke of the century, how do they want to manage to reclaim Osun, don't know about Ekiti but Osun is a no no for them, have not seen any credible candidate from that party called pdp
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by seunlayi(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2013
if that have a good candidate, things may work for them but it won't be easy

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by chei: 11:53am On Jul 02, 2013
Just like the APC is plotting to capture the presidency from PDP? Abeg excuse me make I laff grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Youngtekkey(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2013
this people sick no be small i think they will have to eliminate many people to do this sha ok they will surely do and that will be after............yea a century
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by geeez: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2013
Even if they do, the SW has proven that the only guarantee for a comeback is performance.

Anything outside that is not acceptable and will never be tolerated

SW o ni baje

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Pacesetter2: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
I've always said they will capture Ekiti if MOB-Micheal Opeyemi Bamidele isnt planning moving to LP as alleged cause if he decamp both Fayemi & Fayose don miss it...i mean it

But if it is Fayose & Fayemi then let fayemi start packing cause 80% of workers & most students are tired of him. Though he is trying yet he has failed his second term.
Local goverment staff
Teacher on strike since
Exam for teachers & civil servants
No school fees No lecture in EKSU
Doctor likely to begin strike
Lecturers on strike apart from ASUU own
Crippling of the co-operative scheme of staff

I cant just remember some now but with these, i dont think he can go back.

The only key for ACN to retain it is to flag MOB but if MOB should leave ACN for another party then both PDP & ACN don miss road patapata
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Pacesetter2: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Pedagogue: They are "BATTLE READY" ...ok, we've heard!!!

Is their so called battle in the interest of the teeming masses of these states?

What did the battles they won between 2003 - 2011 bring to these states?

Can they truthfully say the govt of Segun ONI is better than Fayemi in Ekiti...? Can they also sincerely aver that Aregbesola (though i do not like his personality) has not out performed Oyinlola in Osun?

Who are the likely candidates of the PDP in these states and what difference can their past/personality bring to these states. In Osun State, Omisore, and a former Minister (Chief Olasunkanmi) are said to be the possible candidates...What difference can one expect from these 'same of same ' politicians? In Ekiti state, Fayose and some other 'I have held positions in the past' politicians are said to be the contenders!!!

Albeit I have many things to fault in the govts of Aregbesola (Osun) and Fayemi (Ekiti), I still believe PDP is no viable alternative in these states...Moreover, the fact that majority of Yorubas deeply resent the PDP government at the center will also not help their cause!!!

D 2 elections will definitely be seen as 'do or die' by both d ACN/APC and PDP...If the incumbents win, it wil be a good plus for APC. If they lose any of d states, PDP and GEJ will feel they have a sense of belonging in d South West in 2015! To be frank, I do not see the latter happening.

*D situation in Ekiti State is however slightly different...in my view, Opeyemi Bamidele (who is likely to decamp from ACN to LP) will pose a bigger threat than PDP*

Do you mean that with Fayose vs Fayemi?
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Dawdy(m): 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
I dont know about Ekiti like people have beeen saying, but in osun, it can never be possible, so long an elephant has not been able to pass through the eye of a needle.
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by timowale: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
impossible is no thing!
Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by Fishout(m): 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
They are joking.no ways.they dont have credible candidates to contest with present govs. In osun,omisore (whom people know to be hire killer) nd In Ekiti,Fayose (whom EFCC indicted with billions of naira).so no wayyyyyy.

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Regain Dominance In Osun And Ekiti by CrazyMan(m): 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
It’s appalling that the PDP who should be more concerned about the current state of insecurity, power, bad roads, poor infrastructure…etc in the nation are greedily looking for more states to acquire.

The PDP has made it clear to Nigerians that they are only interested in controlling the 36 states and not developing this country. The current state of the nation means nothing to them as long as they control it, they’re ok.

I would therefore enjoin us Nigerians to get rid of that cankerworm called PDP come 2015.

If we want this nation to begin its march towards development, we should elect men of integrity, men who are ready to abide by the laws of the nation and not that of their party.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The President Deals SW Another Blow / PDP Convention: Why Are Yorubas Now Raising Sentiments With Fayose And FFK / Failed Prophesy: Biafrans Mock Apostle Suleiman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.