Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,651 members, 7,958,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy (9252 Views)

Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) / Charles Novia, Foluke Daramola In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Omen100(m): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
chris365:

i purposely ignored your first question until you rephrased it and suggested that am doing drugs... And i must say sir that you are very S:TUPID and an I.DIOT for that.

If you are not ignorant you would know that even citizens of the richest coun
tries in the world travel to poorer ones to make a living. Even if Nigeria becomes the strongest economy in africa, it will not stop anybody from going to do business or find work in lesser ones. I don't need to explain what am doing in SA to you before you can use your brain to critically analize the extent of damage that cheap and poor assessment of our economy Sahara Reporters is doing to Nigerian reputation abroad and not the government.

Just give me 3 valid reasons they stated that is new to us right from military regime for them to say Nigeria is broke. I marvel at the quality of brains our schools dischage these days.

Dude, please don't flatter yourself? & stop ranting like a angry little boy who hardly take a wee without slashing it all over the place & be man enough to answer the simple question which Kamsy10 has thrown at you fool.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by chris365(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
Omen100:

Dude, please don't flatter yourself? & stop ranting like a angry little boy who hardly take a wee without slashing it all over the place & be man enough to answer the simple question which Kamsy10 has thrown at you fool.

and what has that got to do with anything. If you have nothing better to say just go and watch tonto dike's HI. i.DIOT
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by truth4meal(m): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
Reality is the yardstick for performance not charts. I strongly believe NOI is doing her best but her best is not good enough. The topography is alien to her studies and sterling credentials.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by chris365(m): 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
truth4meal: Reality is the yardstick for performance not charts. I strongly believe NOI is doing her best but her best is not good enough. The topography is alien to her studies and sterling credentials.

i don't think NOI is the problem, i think it's jonathan and PDP. Wasn't she the one that raised alarm about the irregularities in subsidy payments? And after the thieves were discovered GEJ couldn't grow some balls to prosecute them, is she the one that will order the arrest of boko haram sponsors? She has been shouting and wailing about bunkery but is she the one to order the arrest of the kingpin?

Okonjo still remains one of the best brains Nigeria has ever had. She's just hooked to a redundant leadership (GEJ). Am sure by now she'll regret ever joining GEJ's leadership

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by jmaine: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
In Ngozi i trust . .Not those twerps from Sahara bullshyte reporters . . .
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
lucenzo: who still reads sahara reporters?

Those who care about Nigeria.
check the article its about facts and not sentiments.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by LBT: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
chris365: But seriously, it's high time government starts dealing with this SR. I don't see the connection between OBJ's regime and Jonathan's to justify that Nigeria is broke.

Which country doesn't borrow to finance it's development projects. Even the US had to borrow 2 trillion dollars to dund it's budget last year.

And since when is it a crime to translate our savings to Niara?

And which oil cartels are they talking about? The numbers of importers that have been reduced to38 or so.

Since when were workers not owed their salaries even from the time of military regime till now?

And look at their excuse:- that because Nigerian soldiers are begging for food in mali shows that we are broke. Are these people stvpid or what do they take Nigerians for.

Another reason they gave is that boko haram has killed our economy.

Is this not the same SR that said that boko haram overan and took over a military baracks in Baga? If this people have been bought over by any politician they should please say so because this is unbecoming of a serious news organisation.

It reminds me of lie Mohammed.
let be realistic for once! Nigeria economy is messed up now than ever before; why is it that most foreign companies are leaving Nigeria while very few from mostly south africa are investing here?what happened to all the monies OBJ left behind? Why was the contract awarded on electricity revoked and later rewarded at a higher figures? why is our foreign reserve not really increasing?, Naira exchange rate to the dollar is no 160, more people are out of work now than before, our roads are worse now than during OBJ tenure,what happened to the money gotten from fuel increment? why is it that our professionals outside Nigeria ain't coming back home not to talk of non professionals who prefer to die overseas living on the street rather than Nigeria, a country that can't feed herself is in trouble; we sent troops to mali and FG couldn't feed them,why fund issue. If your economy is on the downward trend crime will increase and that's the case in Nigeria, kidnapping,embezzlement, ritual killings, internet fraud, ins urgency,oil theft etc. When people don't travel to other countries they tend to believe all is well but when you travel more often then one would notice that our govt are playing with our intelligence. Finally, Nigeria importance in africa and a larger extent the world have been eroded under GEJ, why? Let think deep to answer that question.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by LBT: 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
omenka:

Away with all that mediocrity!! Given what we are blessed with, the country deserves to be a bed of roses! Stop excusing those pathologically corrupt rulling class.

If the legislooters, who do nothing but sit in the chambers exchanging banters and on rare occasions, fists, and read newspapers, then get paid tens of millions at the end of the day, lie in beds of roses, imagin how much more ordinary citizens who toil and bust their humps day and night deserve. But then, with all they deserve, They ask nothing more than a little food on the table, at least 18hrs electricity daily, potable water, access to quality medicare, and roads not ridled with potholes. Is that too much to ask??

And as for ur question, the unemployment rate in the US is 7.4%, that of your light ap the end of the tunnel country is 23%!
I believe the unemployment rate in Nigeria is higher than 23%, the employed in Nigeria takes care of an average of 3 unemployed people excluding the elderly ones who are /unemployable people. Pls can anybody post any achievement of GEJ because I don't really know any of his real achievement!
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by AjanleKoko: 10:21am On Jul 03, 2013
We should be worried if the government is planning to dip into the pension fund to finance its ridiculous OPEX.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by SonOfEl(m): 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
osaiworld:

Those who care about Nigeria.
check the article its about facts and not sentiments.

which fact? From sahara reporters? ERROR!!!! They are bigot-infested! No matter how you try to discredit NOI, you ignorance and foolery will always find you out.
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by joshmoy(m): 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Hmmm....now this will affect the price of garri oooo...*worried face*
Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by Tunmi(f): 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
It's always funny how folks praise SR when it's on something they like. As for me, I appreciate them because they at least put some kind of pressure on our leaders. I like SR and it's about time our leaders start answering to their people

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala, Saharareporters In War Of Words Over Nigerian Economy by dondaddycares(m): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
omenka:

Away with all that mediocrity!! Given what we are blessed with, the country deserves to be a bed of roses! Stop excusing those pathologically corrupt rulling class.

If the legislooters, who do nothing but sit in the chambers exchanging banters and on rare occasions, fists, and read newspapers, then get paid tens of millions at the end of the day, lie in beds of roses, imagin how much more ordinary citizens who toil and bust their humps day and night deserve. But then, with all they deserve, They ask nothing more than a little food on the table, at least 18hrs electricity daily, potable water, access to quality medicare, and roads not ridled with potholes. Is that too much to ask??

How old z America bro n how old z naija? Rome wasn't built in a day neither was America. If as a super n world power unemployment rate in America stood@d fiqure u gave,then u shud excuse naija for d fiqure its own stood,we aint among d 1st fifty in world n economic power ranking. I don't excuse them bro but I'm trying to let u know we shud engage in constructive rada dan destructive criticism. Kud u tell me how many of ur relatives who r in America r doing well without soiling dia hands in illegalities? If u wana lose hope,then do but dnt discourage others who still believe that 2mao wud be bright. SR hasn't made any concrete allegation,its just on a wild goose chase

And as for ur question, the unemployment rate in the US is 7.4%, that of your light ap the end of the tunnel country is 23%!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Dankwambo Bags PhD In Accountancy / Pictures & Video From PDP Rally In Hadejia LGA, Jigawa State / LP, PDP Kick As US Report Says 2023 Poll Reflected Nigerians’ Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.