Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:31 AM

Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary (4814 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored / Link To Download Half Of A Yellow Sun Book / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by Cestmoi1(f): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
Okay,i just started reading this book titled- yellow-yellow by Kaine Agary and i've fallen in love with it already.share your thoughts about it if you have read it.
p.s- pls dnt narrate it like that,im still reading.tnx.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by Mynd44: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
Why write the ending of a book someone is reading? Wetin na?
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by slap1(m): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
Beloved book. . .that's what I have to say! I gave that book to a friend and she lost it. I'm still gonna buy it again. Sweet book!
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by princesa(f): 12:09am On Jul 04, 2013
Read the book.

loved it!

it felt like purple hibiscus to me

i felt so emotional at the end, like i was angry, bitter and happy angry

story's like that redifines feminity and pride, a woman picking up her life from where's she dragged it

Its a nice book, you're gonna love it.

name of the heroine is sisi or something right?

enjoysmiley
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by princesa(f): 12:11am On Jul 04, 2013
think her mum called her yellow, cant remember clearly, but ave read the book.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by slap1(m): 7:22am On Jul 04, 2013
princesa: think her mum called her yellow, cant remember clearly, but ave read the book.
People called her that, because of her colour. An expatriate (Belgian?) impregnated her mother and abandoned her. Personally, I rate that book above Purple Hibiscus; the words are strong and emotive, the story-line is free flowing but deep, and you can't help but share the pains of the protagonist.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by princesa(f): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2013
I still rate them on almost equal scale.......they both made me cry

cest moi, read up and tell us what you think
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by Cestmoi1(f): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by Cestmoi1(f): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
princesa: I still rate them on almost equal scale.......they both made me cry

cest moi, read up and tell us what you think
yes ma,im tryna pay close attentn to cogent details and consult my dictionary for new words.wud be thru soon.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by avicky(f): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2013
Na wa for u o. Is dt why u hid d comment? Pesin no fit joke with una again
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by Cestmoi1(f): 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
ok,im thru.whr do i start frm princesa? i've nt read purple hibiscus,so i cnt compare.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by princesa(f): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2013
C'est moi:

ok,im thru.whr do i start frm princesa? i've nt read purple hibiscus, so i cnt compare.
its you sharing your thoughts on the book.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by Cestmoi1(f): 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
ok,im ready.na fear of writing long epistle dey fear me b4.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by Cestmoi1(f): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
i found d book interesting to read.a comical relief to me.eg chapter 3,page 17,line 1 and 2 whr laye's mum described hw she shook her backside while walking as....'gbein mo ur backside lyk a jobless gal'?
The book rily touched and described d level of poverty in nigeria inspite of d massive oil we have.i rily pitied laye's mum wen her farmland was destroyed by crude oil.
I noticed dat yellow nva had d plan of bringing her mum to portharcourt town.i like d fact dat she got help which many were nt opportuned to get.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by Cestmoi1(f): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
I also like d part whr laye described sergio's legs as 'yamulous legs'.
The writer- kaine also chipped in wat i consider an advice where she wrote that girls that leave d village,on getting to town,bleach and smell.here,if u have read d book.i think she was tryna advice readers to embrace and love their skin color.i learnt names of some rily cool food- kekefia,osun,etc
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by Cestmoi1(f): 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
lemme put a full stop to my explanatn.in all,i was able to grasp smthngs.a girl who struggles evryday in order to be identified and shown love.And i think that was why she agreed to date admiral and also have a taste of sergio.i felt really bad d way admiral treated her,but wat did she xpect b4.i was unhappy too cos lolo and kamal's rlatnship went sour.i love how d writer portray d rlatnship btw laye and lolo.d ending part gripped my hrt.i tot yellow aka laye was gonna die bt thk God,she survived.im rily bad at xplaining stuffs (thk gudness my frndz knw dat).I enjoin u all to get d book and read it.itz an interesting piece.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by princesa(f): 12:23am On Jul 13, 2013
And so ladies and gentlemen? Its a wrap! Cest moi has said it all!

Go out there and grab your copies!cheesy
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by tpiaP: 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
the story is about the Niger Delta seen through the eyes of a young girl of mixed Nigerian and European parentage, right?

Nigerian mother, (absent) Mediterranean father.

I think it discusses poverty, ecological issues, and oil.
Re: Yellow-yellow By Kaine Agary by tpiadotcom: 6:33am On Jun 01, 2015
The contrasts in the book are between yellow's choices and her mum's own.

Both went to ph but the similarities branch out from there and turn into contrasts.

The pregnancies are a country or some other goals perhaps? One was nurtured, the others were not,
due to their beginning contexts.

Although the main character presents her decisions in a way that makes her seem courageous, at the same time, she reveals other motives and incentives for her actions.

(1) (Reply)

Everybody Is A Genius (A US Based Story) / Cartoons and Pictures That Make You Think / Sunday African Poetry Special: “I Will Prounounce Your Name Naett” By Leopold S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.