Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

- Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (5048 Views)

A Gay Wants To Commit Suicide. Advice Him / Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice / I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

by salamudeen(m): 6:44am On Jul 03, 2013
Re: by biafranqueen: 7:03am On Jul 03, 2013
Son please understand that two years from now you will laugh at this part of your life. Stay strong and keep trying. Please stop this talk of killing yourself. Is that all you can do to pay your parents back for raising you and bringing you this far in life? No matter what school you go too it is what you do that will make you a success in life. Did you know that Gates and Jobs never graduate from school. Do you know that some can not afford Jamb fee. Please take heart and see how you can use your intellect with computers to further your ambition. I also suggest you go volunteer at a motherless baby home and teach less fortunate what you know about computers. When you start helping others it will bring you blessings and take your mind off your own problems. I suggest you focus on what you can do and work on entrance into other institutions of learning.

2 Likes

Re: by maclatunji: 7:06am On Jul 03, 2013
@salamudeen, why are you dropping your email address and phone numbers?

I will give you the benefit of doubt and say that you are only fooling yourself with suicide. The world today is looking for skills not certificates. Go and learn a skill that people will pay for and you will be amazed at how productive and fulfilled you will be.

As for higher education, you can try the National Open University, attend a polytechnic, write professional exams or wait. These are all choices open to you.

You are a Muslim and should note that your challenges do not give you the licence to commit suicide. Trust me, they are not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 03, 2013
My dear, life doesn't always go as we plan.
Step 1 is stop comparing yourself to others, some start early some start late but what is important is that you run your own race.
I know its hard but calm down.
Some may get into university immediately come out and be jobless for years, some may not start a business be succesful and go back to school later.
The Governor of Imo state only graduated from University in 2005, am sure his friends who went to university immediately after secondary school may want to be in his shoes today.
Some of us married very early and ended up in divorce, some married late and ended up with their own God ordianed husband. Long and short life is not a competition.
What is important now is you find something to do so idleness won't kill you.
Start computer school, start learning something to do in between Jamb exams, also if your parents can afford it try private universities.
Please stay calm, I understand because I have also thought of suicide in the past when I was at my lowest but today even though I still have challenges God helped me pass through that.
Don't hang around people who will remind you of what you don't have until you are calm enough to handle it.

5 Likes

Re: by jmoore(m): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2013
Stop killing yourself over JAMB, enter National Open University of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: by salamudeen(m): 7:28am On Jul 03, 2013
@ Maclatunji thank ur Lord that u are not in ma shoes .... That's all I could say to u. I hv all its takes I can even feed you and ur generations to come if u r thinking otherwise but jx d thinking is enuf for me

@ all thanks for d call got a second thought

1 Like

Re: by enigmagu1(m): 7:33am On Jul 03, 2013
Dont even tink of suicide cos ppl av worse issues than this yet they pray to GOD for wisdom on how to handle the situation.....
Re: by mutaalim(m): 7:33am On Jul 03, 2013
Well the debrief 08 has said it all
life is not a race everyone has his/her time,
The diff btw here and there is T (t= time) is just a matter Of patient
Don't look at those above you rather but look below.
Otherwise you will not be be to appreciate the mercy of your creator on you.
Sucide is out of it OP(av you denied urself from the mercy of God, no one do that except the loser ) am sure you are not a loser.
Regards
Re: by obowunmi(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2013
Leave Nigeria.
Re: by travelxpat(m): 7:46am On Jul 03, 2013
You sound very intelligent , pls suicide is the not the best option,asides that when you think of suicide itsimply means something good is on the way.the very year I got fed up with life and almost committed suicide, I bought two good cars 6months after .my kid brother was at home for 4 years before he gained admission through IJMB, now he works with chevronand he is far better than those he envied been in school then.
With suicide that's just the end. When you enter the spirit world, you will become lonely and will be able to see a summary of your great achievments and am sure you would definately regret it.
Please come off the thought.going to poly now might mean this is the right time to go to school.your parents are just your angels on guard .I assure you by God's grace you will meet those great people God has prepared to help your future even at that poly.
God bless you bro
Re: by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 03, 2013
Re: by thorpido(m): 7:52am On Jul 03, 2013
Let the thoughts of suicide perish.There are solutions.
You say u are good with computers,why don't you concentrate on that area instead of engineering.Have you considered a computer school for a start?why not consider a polytechnic or the National Open University?
People have challenges and you work to overcome them.You don't compare yourself to other people.You run your own race.Get to know God more and He would fulfil the desires of your heart.

1 Like

Re: by salamudeen(m): 8:03am On Jul 03, 2013
@ chaircover thanks 4 d advice all d way from India

@ travelxprt thanks 4 d advice

@thorpido thanks also
Re: by maclatunji: 8:12am On Jul 03, 2013
salamudeen: @ Maclatunji thank ur Lord that u are not in ma shoes .... That's all I could say to u. I hv all its takes I can even feed you and ur generations to come if u r thinking otherwise but jx d thinking is enuf for me

#LOL

In this case, all you need to do is go to a private university. There is absolutely no need to be suicidal when you have resources at your disposal to solve the problem.
Re: by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 03, 2013
coming from someone who wants to commit suicide?? and why are you rude?
salamudeen: @ Maclatunji thank ur Lord that u are not in ma shoes .... That's all I could say to u. I hv all its takes I can even feed you and ur generations to come if u r thinking otherwise but jx d thinking is enuf for me

Maclatunji gave a wonderful piece of advise @ bolded words
maclatunji: @salamudeen, why are you dropping your email address and phone numbers?

I will give you the benefit of doubt and say that you are only fooling yourself with suicide. The world today is looking for skills not certificates. Go and learn a skill that people will pay for and you will be amazed at how productive and fulfilled you will be.

As for higher education, you can try the National Open University, attend a polytechnic, write professional exams or wait. These are all choices open to you.

You are a Muslim and should note that your challenges do not give you the licence to commit suicide. Trust me, they are not worth it.
Re: by andyanders: 8:29am On Jul 03, 2013
Pls, never try suicide as you just end up destroying yourself. Delay is not denial as that could be a means of your been alive today. Why not ask yourself question, if you had gotten the admission and on your way to the school , you get involved in a accident and gone, will you be alive today to tell the story?
Just believe in Allah and know that you will still make it in life and eveything will come to pass.

1 Like

Re: by bellong: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2013
Since you are very good with computer, why not start writing professional exams in that area. You can even start your computer training institute with microsoft affiliation.

Bro, you have a lot of choices on your hands because you have the resources. Having a university degree is not the end only a mean to an end. There are several means to reach a destination.
Ask yourself, what exactly do you want from life? what do you set to become? Is your principal problem lack of admission or there is another thing to it?

There are private universities you can go, there are cheap foreign universities you can attend.. you have a lot of choices open to you. Forget JAmB and look for an alternate route since you have the resources.

Never ever compare yourself with another, its the worst thing you can do to your life.

It is well with you
Re: by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 03, 2013
Re: by greatgod2012(f): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2013
salamudeen: Morning Nairalander's. My name is Abdulsalam my friends call me Salamudeen while most of my class mate that knows me better call me CODED just because if its anything about computer troubleshooting u can count on me...

The reason y am posting this is I just woke up this Morning before my morning prayers I started thinking of different suicide acts coming to mind I couldn't even go to the mosque I have to pray @ home as I can't talk to anybody.

All this is caused by too much thinking since 2010 after my secondary school wen I couldn't secure admission into the university infact even d dullest guy in ma class is now in 300level doing his IT in my home town I keep on weeping seeing him in a distance from afar... Am among the best in ma class without any flaws in my WAEC.

The first jamb I wrote was @ 2010 which I scored 198. I choosed engineering course @ FUTMiNNA but as for then the Cutoff for engineering was 220 I couldn't gain admission and my parent refused me to go for rems or poly. So I hv to stay @ home for a complete year with the only thing that kept me busy was the 2010 general election which I partake the whole exercise from voters registration to the final election that was what kept me busy as @ that time..

The second jamb I wrote was @ 2011 which I scored 218. I still applied for the same thing but all to know avail and I was even refused for any ijmb or rems not even poly I just kept quiet ...

The third jamb I wrote was @ 2012 which I scored 220 unfortunately I did nt choose FUTMINNA this time I choose IBBU LAPAI. I refused to enter for the online screening which I was told its not necessary by my bros in the school as @ then but which later turn out to be the reason I was unable to get admission in 2012. All effort was proof abortive by the VC.. I then asked my parent to allow me go for IJMB or Poly cus we don't knw hw next year would be they refused telling me to keep calm that all those are waste of time that I should just write jamb once and for all I kept quiet through out 2012 I started thinking backwards doing bad things like chasing girls,many bad things you know I can't even countrl my self not until 2013.

When I wrote the 2013 jamb all my hope was on 200 plus cus I was so prepared not until jamb released only one of my subjects when I first checked my result and I saw 42 as aggregate score I fell to the ground and was rushed to the nearest clinic. Few weeks later I tried checking it again I saw 173 as aggregate which I can do nothing with it @ any uni in Nigeria.
Just last Month the general cutoff mark of the university was released,
After my dad seeing this he woke me up early in the morning and told me " hope hv seen the general cutoff is 180 since u r not upto that I think you would hv to go for poly" I was about weeping out tears and looking @ him but I just hv to clam my self down ,

my reply to him was
OK if dats is the case .
Now the reason why I came 2day seeking for advice on what to do is that I hv started thinking of the whole thing about suicide I don't mind dieing 2day cus the whole thing is too much like thinking from morning to night if you see me 2day u would regard me as an HIV patient or a very sick person cus I don't even like eating anymore dats y am tiny like broom 2day but am strong and ok.

MY OWN NOW IS

I NEED ADVICES B4 it turn out to be suicide note cus Wallahi am serious

My contacts just incase
Fsalam7@gmail.com

Thanks Nairaland for keeping me busy always

abeg, suicide is not the next option, remember its not everything one wants in life that one can get, also, remember that man proposes, God disposes.
There are so many other options for you, like.....
1. You can go to Noun(Nigeria open University).
2. You can go for professional computer courses.
3. You can go to polytechnics, after your ND programme, take a direct entry form to the University, you will start from year two there.
4. You can even go for another course entirely, (ori lo mo ibi tom ba ese lo).
Dont be discouraged, its good as you speak out and you have received a lot of encouraging words here. Get closer to your God, believe in Him that he has better plans for you, even better than your own plans, hes not a dissapointing God, free your mind and believe solely on Him, He will direct your path, and also, always pray against evil thought, and make sure you are always in the midst of positive-oriented people.
God bless you.
It is well.
Re: by vivianc(f): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2013
Suicide? You wanna commit suicide? Cos you have noT gotten admission yet and your mates have?

I wish I could get to you and give u a resounding slap! Oh yes! That was what my bestie did to me when I contemplaTed suicide.

Now shut up, dress up and go to the nearest hospital, then look around you would see people of all ages fighting for life, saying "oh God, let me live for jusT a day more," do you know the excruciating parT of iT? A lot of them might actually die.

You have noT gotten admission, so bloody whaT? You really think life is rosy for us all? Cos we smile and pretend all is well?

I didn't gain admission when I left secondary school. You are even lucky your parenTs are capable, mine weren't. I was told to look for a husband and marry, That can't kill Themselves.........,

So while my friends are in The uni, I was working Tirelessly....... BuT I never losT hope and focus. Today my friends are all working, heck my cousins in the Their early 20s have graduated, and I'm still in school. Who cares?

2009 when I losT my job, I felt my end has come, I kept asking myself how I would survive, what would happen to my dreams of going to school? I was already in school. I kept blabbing abouT how God and everyone has forsaken me. I was still killing myself when an accident happened and a colleague I was close to was involved. A very beautiful lady, she didn't die, buT her 2 legs were amputed. It was a very sad incidenT, when I heard iT I quickly cleaned up my tears and sTarted praising God. It could have been me, or anybody but he still gave me a chance, a chance To go afTer my dreams.

You sound young, and probably haven't known how mysTerious life is, and how mean the world ouT there is. If not gaining admission into a uni would make you contemplate suicide, then I laugh in swahili, cos gaining admission is just the beginning of ur challenges. Who even told u going To school is all rosy? Who even told u that you are immune To challenges cos you are a nice person?

My dear, the world ouT there is tough, is mean and you have to get yourself braced up for this roller coaster drive called life. And you can't do that when you are busy thinking about rubbish.

My friend get up joor, go and look for a delicious food and eat, all is well. You have The potenTials, all you need do is find iT within you and push on. Choose any of the options given to you already, the one That is suiTable for you and starT.

Finally, look yourself in the mirror every morning and profess life into your soul.
If I hear phim about suicide again, I will come There and flog your azz.

It is well with your soul, my dear. Remember, you are never a failure unTil you accept defeat as permanenT and quit trying!

9 Likes

Re: by mysticgal(f): 9:37am On Jul 03, 2013
maybe ma story will cheer you up,i graduated in 2010,wrote jamb and tofel that yr got 236 for jamb,73for tofel and applied for unn and university of philadephia respectively but i didnt get admission,wrote the next yr got 227 i applied for abia state university,second choice was nassarawa state uni all rejected me saying am not a citizem,dat same yr my parents were down financially,i understood them,so private unis were out of the picture,last yr wrote only jamb and got 236 aplied for uni abj huuu my mum was running the game cos my dad is based in united states.first list,i didnt see my name God i felt the world crumbling,i tried jumping down my balcony 4 times but i just couldn't do it,i thought of my family,my world,i resorted to anger,i hated God all i could do was cry till i watched a program on cbn were a verse was given to me jer 33:3,i found peace,i even asked for advice here on nl,dor i didn't state my problem but the advice helped,wrote jamb and got 222 gosh my parents weren't impressed but i know i tried and i still applied for unn,hmm but i gat addmission in a nordic country called norway to study law,though am still vying to get admission into a us or uk school am still gratefull i didnt commit sucide,i don't share my personal life on forums,i hope this helps,a proverb in igbo says ok lemme use engrish says the time wey wake up,na your morning be dat....love mysticgal smiley
Re: by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2013

2 Likes

Re: by biafranqueen: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2013
Wow I am proud of my people we really care for one another.
Re: by laykhorn(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2013
The suicide thing sounds frivolous or trifle...

Lemme tell you this...

I graduated from high school in 2009 and just got admission last year so WTF.

*I was given admission into Agric Engr in 2011, I didnt pickup the chance.(OAU)
*was admitted for Computer and Elect Engr in OOU d same year but couldnt afford the fee(250K + acceptance+ accomodation)
* was given buildin Tech in YabaTech in 2010. Poly! Rejected by dad

NB: passed all d UME and PUTMEs I did. But got matriculated just last year.

Further Examples,
*I av a brother who got out of Sec School in 2005(still at home)
*my closest pal got out in 2007(still at home, even got 142 in dis past UME)
*i have coursemates who got out in 2002,2004,2005.
#Are you any better than this people#

If you seriously need admission(not education), National Open Uni is your best choice but If you want Knowledge, get back to ur books or go to a Polytechnic
Re: by laykhorn(m): 10:36am On Jul 03, 2013
Lest I forgot, some of my then classmates and even dumb-heads are now in Final year...

**you would be a fool to expect evrything to be the way you want... Life is never fair**
Re: by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: by laykhorn(m): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2013
Does admission guarantee Success in life?

Does a degree certificate guarantee happiness?

You are not bored of gettin admission, you are bored of sitting @ home. . .

Okiki permit me

Last Bullet: Stop comparing your life with others
Re: by dridowu: 11:13am On Jul 03, 2013
Ur friend gain admission b4 u does not mean u are not favour. Life is turn by turn , i met some of my Snrs in sec sch when i was in 400L , dy are yet to gain admission and dat was in 2008. Now have graduated but managing mysef rather dan sit down @ home doing nothing, y sm of my klassmate are in top organization. All my story is dat LIFE IS TURN BY TURN, WHEN IS YOUR TIME NOBODY WILL DENIAL YOU . But u if later commit suicide , God wont pity u, he will judge u according to d ways u behave while on earth. Say NO to SUICIDE MISSION
Re: by glimpse(f): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2013
my dear,dnt let dat thought overwhelm you. I didnt gain admission early too,although i am a graduate now,my friends and colleagues then are all workin or doing something now,but i am stil jobless. I know how to make hair and nobody to support me start a business. I make hair bt not all the time. And i have decided to be hopeful cos i know i'd be better very soon.
Cheer up bro.
Re: by Peterwins(m): 11:31am On Jul 03, 2013
Salamudeen-Personal text: Don’t think about what others say or think about you, they don’t know you, they haven’t lived your life… Live your own life according to you… your rules and your ways. Don’t let any one tell you how to live life. You have just one life. Live it to the ful

The above is your personal text on your profile. Hence do not betray yourself.

So many young people (especially orphans) would love to be in your position. Great men face great challenges. You need to read about them. Just google (search the internet) "great men who faced and overcame great challenges" and you will get inspired by various true life stories. Use the internet to your advantage.

These links may also help you : http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-Suicidal-Thoughts and http://www.degreescout.com/business-degrees/10-students-who-overcame-massive-obstacles-to-achieve-their-dream-of-an-education

Cheer up!
Re: by obyrich(m): 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Salamudeen did you know that Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe once attempted suicide when he was schooling in the US? If he knew he had a great destiny ahead of him he won't contemplate suicide. My dear friend you have heard enough to get inspired. Fire up. Keep keeping on. Dont give up hope. Who knows you may be the one to support those your friends tomorrow when their own trial will come. Dont fail me. One love. Remember to let us know when you gain admission.

1 Like

Re: by babseg(m): 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
@OP who are you threatening now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Help Me, I Luv My Husband But He Feels Disrespected / My Uncle's Wife Served Him Food Without Kneeling Down; Disrepectful!! / Full Set Of Chair For 95,000 Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.