Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice (1476 Views)

A Gay Wants To Commit Suicide. Advice Him / / I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Sanandreas10(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hi.....Bro%sis in Nairaland..

Im happened to come frm family
sad

Of Five
, im the last child of the family, i got admission into one of the prestigious Universities This year, which is The Federal University of Ilorin(Better By Stress).but my problem is i found It difficult to Express Myself In Correct English, it is not that im really bad In english, bt i can speak it continously, Any time my friend is Speaking, I alway found it difficult to express my feelings with them, The only English im good at is Asking questions;;;;;;i Cannt speak english fleuntly, ......Pls, Great and esteem Nairalanders, What Shall I do....?Your Advice will Go a Long way to help me.........Is It becauuse Im a Crammar..because I never Read to Understand since i started schooling, i read to Cramm,..?Pls, is it cramming that is really affecting me..even, I have read a lots Of Novels, still im still poor, All Chinua Achebe novel, ,even Wole soyinka Novel,i have read them........!!Please, anyone who is also in My shoe should Share his experience.........!!!!!....Im Dying..Even Girls in My department and Boys are trying to Keep me At arm Length...
sad
sad
sad
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Afam4eva(m): 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
E be like say something dey worry you for head. You wan commit suicide because of English. God punish English.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by firetrap(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
please do commit suicide so that you can help the world by riding it of your stupidity
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Nomski0(f): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
Suicide because of English language.grin

Is it that seriousundecided
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by nikkyshyne(f): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Eeya. Better commit suicide before suicide commit you.

Eeya.

1 Like

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by temi4fash(m): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
bros.. wat maes u tink suicide iss the solution to ur problem so if u die nau... u will go and speak and expres ur self to baba God abi in heaven..

am sure in ur skool their fellowships tutorials why dont u go meeet some of ur tutorial teachers and explain ur prob to them. dai culd b of help..

all d time u av been using to think abt commiting suicide self if na ur how to solve ur prob u dai use m think u wont b here asking for help..
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
If your folks could afford a personal tutor for you, i would advice you go that route . . . But worth killing yourself over such
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Sanandreas10(m): 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
nikkyshyne: Eeya. Better commit suicide before suicide commit you.

Eeya.

it pains me when a woman has no mercy in her veins......
Sorry..?

You just won The World Crazziest person of the Week.....
wow..
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by freda506(f): 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2013
try taking online classes
but suicide over a foreign language undecided
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Chubhie: 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
History has it that the first time Hitler stood up to make a speech, he was stoned. He went back and put in the energy required to mesmerize and command minds.

You already have the motivation to be the next “Apologia” master in your school. There's a drop of GREATNESS in you! Why not put in the energy required to tap from it? Start by training in front of your mirror. I'm cheering for you by the sidelines.
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
number one, that school you are in cant help you improve your spoken english, even some of the lecturers speak bad english. number two, english is not your first language, try to be good in your first language before you kill yourself cos of another man's language. number three, dont be too worried about what people say, they all have their own flaws. number four: this is my advice for you, go and buy 'Brighter Grammer', take your time to study it. another advice is if you can join a language class online or offline and with seriousness, focus and good study, your spoken english would improve.
Concerning your cramming habit, that is the effect of unilorin on a student's life, even though you are used to it, unilorin worsened it. If you kill yourself, you will die several times, on your way to heaven and then you will end in hell fire because of the sin of suicide. #justadvicing

1 Like

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Arosa(m): 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
Funny, so you want to kpie because u no sabi ingliss? here wey I dey ingliss peeps no sabi speak ingliss, them no send any bagger. angry
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2013
toyin.08:
number one, that school you are in cant help you improve your spoken english, even some of the lecturers speak bad english. number two, english is not your first language, try to be good in your first language before you kill yourself cos of another man's language. number three, dont be too worried about what people say, they all have their own flaws. number four: this is my advice for you, go and buy 'Brighter Grammer', take your time to study it. another advice is if you can join a language class online or offline and with seriousness, focus and good study, your spoken english would improve.
Concerning your cramming habit, that is the effect of unilorin on a student's life, even though you are used to it, unilorin worsened it. If you kill yourself, you will die several times, on your way to heaven and then you will end in hell fire because of the sin of suicide. #justadvicing

His first language wont get him anywhere but i do agree with you that he need not kill himself oh
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
You are not from Better By Far , U product of ASUU !!!

In Unilorin, Academic session starts in Oct/Nov and First semester ends in February ...... And U wanna tell me 4Months is not enough for you to read,Understand and pass .....

Second Semester starts in February and Ends in July and U wanna tell us 5Months is never enough to read, Understand and pass !!!

U wan make I curse you to get carryover and add am Join the one wey dey ground ba ..... No provoke me ooo Strictly Better By Far,Probitas Doctrina grin

N.B Start reading Immediately U resumed and That is the secret to pass in Better By Far ...... No time to even Check Time grin
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
toyin.08:
number one, that school you are in cant help you improve your spoken english, even some of the lecturers speak bad english.
Look @ toyin too !!

The Op must be a very dull student, Nothing is absolutely wrong with the lecturers,they all speak queen's english and fluently!!

Ho Ha !!
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Excellent7(m): 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hello OP,
Number 1: Remove the issue of suicide from your mind. It is never a solution!
Number 2: I guess you you can speak your mother tongue fluently, Now think of English men and woman that do mess up in grammar!
Number 3: At least you are good in asking questions, take it from there. Fluency in a language is acquired by practice, so to not let the mistakes you make keep you from speaking. Make an effort to speak. Make friends you can confide your challenge to, and encourage them to correct you when you go wrong. A few people you can speak more in English and not feel embarrassed or judged but lovingly corrected.
Number 4: From your post, I can observe that you are well able to articulate your thoughts fairly well. Your problem seems to be speaking. My guess is that you are most probably an introvert, and too conscious of making mistakes and consequently too scared to try. Stop that fear! Break-forth and speak!! By speaking you get fluent!!!
Number 5: You can not imagine how many talented people I have come across around the world, that suck in English. On a lot of occasion educated colleagues have polished their oral and written English skills "on me" by preferring to interact with me in English and asking me to correct them id they are wrong. The downside is on me, as I do not perfect my other language skills (that is the language of the country I am in at that moment), as fast as I should.
Number 6: In this day of internet and technologies that offer some level of anonymity, you can have phone pals that do not speak other languages you speak, warn them you want to learn to speak English well, and you practice with them.
Number 7: If I may ask what course are you studying?

1 Like

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2013
donroxy: Look @ toyin too !!

The Op must be a very dull student, Nothing is absolutely wrong with the lecturers,they all speak queen's english and fluently!!

Ho Ha !!
i am talking from experience, i was also a student of unilorin at postgraduate level. Not all of them speak good English all the time.
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Winneygirl(f): 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
The Op dropped the word 'suicide' to attract people.
Congrats! It worked.
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by greatgod2012(f): 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
It amazes me the way many people now talk about suicide anytime there is a little problem or any form of inadequacy in their lives There has never been a very smooth way for anyone, at one point or the other, people pass through one problem or the other, and when the going gets tough, it's only the tough that gets going, if everyone takes to suicide as rampant these days, i doubt if there will be anyone remaining on the surface of this earth. I just dont like it when people threaten to commit suicide. So, op, stop it, everybdy has his or her own share of the problems of life, that is what makes life interesting and long, dont ever think you're the only one that has problem, everyone has, it may not be the same, but believe me, no one has it all smooth.

My suggestion on what you think your problem is, even though, to me, it's not a problem, but since you have accepted it as a problem, the simple solution that occurs to me now is to get glued to you dictionary, if you dont mind, support it with brighter grammar, Part 1-4, then be consistent in your practise. As for reading to understand, ensure you dont miss classes when lectures are going on, when you are studying and you remember the explaination given by the lecturer on a particular topic, it would be easy for you to mix/join the two together to make a meaningful reading and understanding. Also, ensure you don't sleep until you have gone over what you did for the day, with that, it won't take long before assimilating.
May God help you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Mubby4luv(m): 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
VERY STU PID post Why da hell are u asking? Man up and do it
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by nikkyshyne(f): 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
Sanandreas10:

it pains me when a woman has no mercy in her veins......
Sorry..?

You just won The World Crazziest person of the Week.....
wow..
For your mind you dey curse abi? undecided

I guess you'r too dumb to know a serious and an unserious Op when u read one. Swerve!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by nikkyshyne(f): 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
Winneygirl: The Op dropped the word 'suicide' to attract people.
Congrats! It worked.
Gbam!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
toyin.08:

i am talking from experience, i was also a student of unilorin at postgraduate level. Not all of them speak good English all the time.
Toyin abeg , How many lecturers can boast of Good English in Nigeria, Unilorin Lecturers are quite superb,no doubt there are lazy ones !!!

And, English is not even our Father's language, if not for slavery !!
EnglishMan should also come and speak Yoruba and lets see whatzup !!!

Op, when your mates were busy studying Dele Ashade and Intensive English you were busy under Mango tree and Jumping from fence to fence ....... Now blame yourself and your poor secondary school teachers !!! ....... U no well !

Op, If U mention Unilorin again, Amadioha may Kiss your A.s.s with Thunder grin
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by nikkyshyne(f): 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
Anh ah! So Op, it was you who quoted me cheesy. So you know suicide isn't the solution right? So why are you vexing after suggesting it youself? grin

Btw, how come you wrote better in your counter attack than in your initial post?

1 Like

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by Danhumprey: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2013
firetrap: please do commit suicide so that you can help the world by riding it of your stupidity
That was harsh na. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by soulglo: 2:20am On Nov 24, 2013
Sweetie it is all in your head. You are too conscious of it. The only way you will get better is by speaking in English as much as you can. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I have a friend from the french speaking part of Cameroun and she would always be so nervous about speaking English in public. To me she spoke better than many other African's that even come from English speaking countries. I encouraged her and now she has a thriving business were she interacts with English speaking people everyday. It was mostly in her head. There are many Nigerians that live outside of Nigeria that speak English with very heavy accents. It does not stop them from living life. I have an Uncle here in the US. His Igbo accent in legendary. I swear he adds extra to it just to work me up LOL but he is makes no apologies for his accent and he is successful in what he does. I can go on and on. The point is you really should not give a damn. The important thing is to keep working on it. Please get the thoughts of suicide out of your head. Suicide is never the right option. Especially for something that has such a simple solution.

1 Like

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by omw25: 2:42am On Nov 24, 2013
hi, from my point of view you've got many things working for you. you are an undergradute and also part of a family, that you should be grateful for. i wont criticise you because i understand how it feels for people to laugh at your mode of expression. i had strong 'ondo' accent when i got to secondary school-qc. i was always laughed at and my seniors would call me during siesta to entertain them. but now when i speak, u wan try wink
My advice:
1. Continue expressing urself the way you can, and laugh as much at yourself even more than oothers laugh at you.
2. read books- it helps a great deal
3. Watch movies preferably hollywood pls.
4. Watch people that speak good english, note some of their sentences.
Pls I beg you, its all in your mindset. Picture a positive future and gradually you'll see it coming to pass.

Best of Luck. You can send me a mail or send me ur no. I'll like to see how you are progressing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Commit Suicide,pls Advice by RoyalRoy(m): 4:10am On Nov 24, 2013

(1)

What A Wife!!! / Why I Sliced My Husband's Penis With A Knife. / He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.