Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,516 members, 7,770,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:09 AM

I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide (20921 Views)

A Gay Wants To Commit Suicide. Advice Him / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! / My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by blackpanther25(m): 11:48am On Jan 02, 2013
First of all before anybody gets on my case about reading my sister"s diary I know I should not have but I am glad I did.

For the past 4months my sister has changed and been acting withdrawn and weird. She has a female friend and they are always together and in her room. I once saw them holding hands but I know some ladies can be very touchy feely so I just let it go.

I did not like this gal because I felt she was a bad influence on my sister because ever since they became friends a year ago, my sister has become a different person. So yesterday I went to her room and her diary was open on her bed and what I read really shocked me.

My sis wrote many things and she is not happy and feels like the black sheep of the family and I blv somethin is going on with her and her friend. She mentioned commiting suicide and now I don"t know what to do. I can"t confront her because I read her diary.

Can"t tell my parents because they can be overboard and am afraid they wil push her too far. I really need some advice especially from women.

2 Likes

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
black_panther25: First of all before anybody gets on my case about reading my sister"s diary I know I should not have but I am glad I did. For the past 4months my sister has changed and been acting withdrawn and weird. She has a female friend and they are always together and in her room. I once saw them holding hands but I know some ladies can be very touchy feely so I just let it go. I did not like this gal because I felt she was a bad influence on my sister because ever since they became friends a year ago, my sister has become a different person. So yesterday I went to her room and her diary was open on her bed and what I read really shocked me. My sis wrote many things and she is not happy and feels like the black sheep of the family and I blv somethin is going on with her and her friend. She mentioned commiting suicide and now I don"t know what to do. I can"t confront her because I read her diary. Can"t tell my parents because they can be overboard and am afraid they wil push her too far. I really need some advice especially from women.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
I really don't know the best advise i can give you right this moment but that friend needs to be gotten rid off and please try to get closer to her maybe she will be able to open up to you on her innermost feelings.

1 Like

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by blackpanther25(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thank you. That's what am trying to do, am going to speak to her tonight and was thinking maybe she could come and live with me a bit since I do not live at home.
Brand_new: shocked shocked shocked shocked
I really don't know the best advise i can give you right this moment but that friend needs to be gotten rid off and please try to get closer to her maybe she will be able to open up to you on her innermost feelings.

2 Likes

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
You need to bond with your sister intensely. Since you have your apartment, I think your suggestion is okay. Trying getting her from the environment she is in.

Please don't tell her you read her diary; keep that to yourself. She might see it as you encroaching on her space.

Why does she feel like the black sheep? Is she the only girl? What are your parents' attitude towards her? Do they speak ill of her everytime? Never see anything good in what she does? Is it a relationship matter that's making her depressed? Academic matter?

You have to have a serious talk with her to get to the root cause of her having that thought. Your sister is seriously depressed; she can't confide in her family what is bothering her but a friend and you don't feel comfortable with her relationship with the friend.

Please have that talk with her; It is well!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by k2039: 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
[color=soyouquotedme]She is probably suffering from low self esteem, work on helping her build her esteem, she should be under watch everytime.

You need to have a heart to heart talk though, I think she has done some bad stuff making her feel unwothy.

Until you find out her reason though, and help her build her confidence back, I'm afraid she may commit the suicide.
[/color]
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by greatgod2012(f): 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
First of all,try to talk to her in such a way that she will think you are just encouraging her.

Also, i will suggest you confide in an elderly matured, very matured man, let him know that you dont want her to know that you read her diary, hence, d man should try and talk to her as if an elderly is just advising a young woman, which she may not really read any meaning than God-sent to.
Pls, dont tell woman o, you know we woman, when it has to do with our children, na so so shout shout you go deh hear........"heeee, omo yii fe pa mi, kini mo se fun e, e gba mi o".....etc, are what d woman will just be shouting without any concrete action being taken.
Do not tarry, take action now b4 its too late.
May God help you.

P.S....... Before that lady can be depressed to that level, i want to believe d parents have failed to a certain extent........ I pray that after this problem is solved, it will serve as a wake up call for them..... Amen,
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Callotti: 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
You are contributing to the problem.
No child raised with love and a strong sense of belonging will feel withdrawn under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!
I believe the damage has been done by you ALL.

If your mom is the 'overboarding' type. . . then there is no hope. ALL GIRLS SHOULD FEEL CLOSEST TO THEIR MOMS!

A child that does not feel loved and accepted at home. . .WILL SURELY FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS!
I hope you discuss this with an understanding adult. . .BEFORE YOU LOSE HER.
All the best! kiss

One thing is to open nyansh and 'born' pickin. . .another is to make the child an well adjusted human in society! kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by blackpanther25(m): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thanks for your reply. She did not mention why she feels she is like the black sheep and yes my parents can be critical at times and they love to compare. I grew up mostly in boarding school so am not so close with her as I wish. But the only thing I can think of Is her weight. She gains and loses and now she has gained some weight but she is not fat but she always makes comments about her weight. I also know when she was younger they used to tease her at school but I don't know if that should still affect her. I have a weekend planned for us and my girlfriend suggested that she goes with her to a youth church program thing so I hope all this will help. Honestly she always smiles n makes jokes with me so I did not see this coming. I won"t tell my parents cos I know how they wil react. But yeah from now on am going to be a better brother and see her more than a kid due to our 7 year age gap.
ferhyntorlah: You need to bond with your sister intensely. Since you have your apartment, I think your suggestion is okay. Trying getting her from the environment she is in.

Please don't tell her you read her diary; keep that to yourself. She might see it as you encroaching on her space.

Why does she feel like the black sheep? Is she the only girl? What are your parents' attitude towards her? Do they speak ill of her everytime? Never see anything good in what she does? Is it a relationship matter that's making her depressed? Academic matter?

You have to have a serious talk with her to get to the root cause of her having that thought. Your sister is seriously depressed; she can't confide in her family what is bothering her but a friend and you don't feel comfortable with her relationship with the friend.

Please have that talk with her; It is well!

2 Likes

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by blackpanther25(m): 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thanks.
Callotti: You are contributing to the problem.
No child raised with love and a strong sense of belonging will feel withdrawn under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!

If your mom is the 'overboarding' type. . . then there is no hope. ALL GIRLS SHOULD FEEL CLOSEST TO THEIR MOMS!

A child that does not feel loved and accepted at home. . .WILL SURELY FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS!
All the best! kiss

One thing is to open nyansh and 'born' pickin. . .another is to make the child an well adjusted human in society! kiss
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by project8(m): 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Could it b dat her frnd initiate her to sumtn bad whic she later regret n that y she's troubled? Sorry pls jus thinking aloug ;DCould it b dat her frnd initiate her to sumtn bad whic she later regret n that y she's troubled? Sorry pls jus thinking aloug

1 Like

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by blackpanther25(m): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thank you so much. All prayers are welcomed.
greatgod2012: First of all,try to talk to her in such a way that she will think you are just encouraging her.

Also, i will suggest you confide in an elderly matured, very matured man, let him know that you dont want her to know that you read her diary, hence, d man should try and talk to her as if an elderly is just advising a young woman, which she may not really read any meaning than God-sent to.
Pls, dont tell woman o, you know we woman, when it has to do with our children, na so so shout shout you go deh hear........"heeee, omo yii fe pa mi, kini mo se fun e, e gba mi o".....etc, are what d woman will just be shouting without any concrete action being taken.
Do not tarry, take action now b4 its too late.
May God help you.

P.S....... Before that lady can be depressed to that level, i want to believe d parents have failed to a certain extent........ I pray that after this problem is solved, it will serve as a wake up call for them..... Amen,
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by blackpanther25(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thank you all for your kind words and advice. It has really helped. It is really hard for me and am trying to do the right thing and I believe that she will make it.

1 Like

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Chinwem(f): 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Always call and check up on her, even if it means on the hour
Don't let her be alone with her thoughts , you have no idea the battle that's being fought in her mind trying to convince her that it's not worth it
Please, please, please don't waste a second
Get your girlfriend to get closer to her just like you suggested and to take her to church or wherever,
Get her away from that poison she calls a friend, never know what will push her over the edge
Positive/encouraging/uplifting words to her I beg of you...........Gods grace

2 Likes

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by soreola(f): 2:05am On Jan 03, 2013
Continue to pray for her and remember that a simple complement (ex. u're beautiful) goes a long way.
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Okijajuju1(m): 11:32am On Jan 03, 2013
...Kill who?! She think say suicide na beans?!

Oya how old is she?!

Is she pregnant?!

Whats the cause of her depression?!

Did she state it in her dairy?!

ANYHOOOO!! If she really wants to kill herself, I will advise her to use a gun... its quicker and packs zero pain....

1 Like

Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2013
mtcheeeeew!!!! leav her to commit suicide so she gets to kno dat d life on earth is swt compared to dat f hell fire..

y on earth shld she think suicide is d bst optn, wen her conditn is way beta dan many ppl's..hs she taken her prob to God? does she wrk towrds wot she wnts or just waits 4 miracle to hapen?? she needs counsellin abeg..
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by eduson77(m): 11:39am On Jan 03, 2013
send me her facebook ID or phone number let me confront her..i will tell her how i linked her up..no jokes before its outta hand
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by sanchez4eva: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2013
Take her out of that house ASAP....she needs a new environment for now...Don't panic as she will only notice it..Do you have any cool spots around to have fun in? If you do take her out...make her feel loved the same way you would fawn over a girl you are trying to toast...
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2013
Oga poster,you failed to tell us the contents of the diary. In as much you wanna talk over things with her,i advise you to tell your parents.keeping it as a secret wont do any good as long as it has to do with attempted suicide.
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by flow1759: 11:41am On Jan 03, 2013

All the best! kiss

U are right. Btw do people still commit suicide in nigeria?
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by omanifrank(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Eviel friends corupt good manners,
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by 5direct: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2013
She cant try it... DO NOT BELIEVE ALL YOU READ
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by phoneport(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2013
Pray for her and quickly get close to her as a confident.
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by adewasco2k(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2013
black_panther25: First of all=Go down low before anybody gets on my case about reading my sister"s diary I know I should not have but I am glad I did. For the past 4months my sister has changed and been acting withdrawn and weird. She has a female friend and they are always together and in her room. I once saw them holding hands but I know some ladies can be very touchy feely so I just let it go. I did not like this gal because I felt she was a bad influence on my sister because ever since they became friends a year ago, my sister has become a different person. So yesterday I went to her room and her diary was open on her bed and what I read really shocked me. My sis wrote many things and she is not happy and feels like the black sheep of the family and I blv somethin is going on with her and her friend. She mentioned commiting suicide and now I don"t know what to do. I can"t confront her because I read her diary. Can"t tell my parents because they can be overboard and am afraid they wil push her too far. I really need some advice especially from women.

get very close to her, take her out and let her know you notice she is not herself for sometime....make her feel secure with you and very free...you are a guy and should know how to treat a woman right to make them forget their problems....i bet she will tell you whats up....you can also pray about it
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Sijo01(f): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2013
Wondering why some posters are castigating her friend! Op, did your sister state anything negative about her friend on the diary?
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Okijajuju1(m): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2013
5direct: She cant try it... DO NOT BELIEVE ALL YOU READ

SUICIDE is not beans o!! I tried killing myself a long time ago and my brother, I realize say no matter how rough a patch I was in, life still sweet me too much.[img]http://images.ados.fr/bd-manga/photo/1725282172/gif/suicide-9463299c6.gif[/img]
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2013
flow1759:
U are right. Btw do people still commit suicide in nigeria?
ask boko haram.
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

SUICIDE is not beans o!! I tried killing myself a long time ago and my brother, I realize say no matter how rough a patch I was in, life still sweet me too much.[img]http://images.ados.fr/bd-manga/photo/1725282172/gif/suicide-9463299c6.gif[/img]
lord have mercy! What made you want to commit suicide?
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by alfredo4u(m): 11:50am On Jan 03, 2013
Op, pls act fast b4 d devil act fast on ha. I knw wan hear say?
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by ogorwyne(f): 11:50am On Jan 03, 2013

All the best! kiss

you are d biggest creep of the year. Were U̶̲̥̅̊ forced to comment. Your commentary is disappointing and vague. I would like to meet U̶̲̥̅̊ in person. Once again,U̶̲̥̅̊ r a creep.
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Aafulenu(f): 11:50am On Jan 03, 2013
the only thing i think u should u is be her friend and confidant.

draw close to her, have time for her, wit time when u guys arw nw frnds, on her own she will tell u every every that is boderin her.
Re: I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide by Ortis: 11:51am On Jan 03, 2013
We are over 150million peepz in nigeria fight tru d buzzle n struggle of life bt if ur nasty little sis tinks SUCIDE is d answer 2 her small little poo poo shit problem...dem let her b n i wil b happy becos d population wil go down 2 149,999,000 peepz i guz,...datz a gud news n pls email me her burial date

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Sister In Law Slapped Me / Things Disappear In My House All The Time. / It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.