Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,692 members, 7,955,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

Diaspora Folks - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diaspora Folks (2284 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diaspora Folks by sheniqua: 2:06am On May 16, 2008
what would it take for you to move back to Naija ?
Re: Diaspora Folks by sheniqua: 2:08am On May 16, 2008
I guess I'll move back when I'm old and grey

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by DisGuy: 2:37am On May 16, 2008
24/7 electricity
Re: Diaspora Folks by kemmy100: 7:56am On May 16, 2008
it will not take a lot, putting myself in order and planning well, after visiting Nigeria often and asking myself the hard question, it will really not take much
Re: Diaspora Folks by komekn(m): 1:27pm On May 16, 2008
Just one word from God and thats it. wink
Re: Diaspora Folks by Vicjustice: 2:38pm On May 16, 2008
Visiting Nigeria and spending remarkable time with families and friend is ok, but moving back permanently is another thing. I'll consider that when the country will become stable and its standard will be compared to those of the west otherwise, i'll have to obtain some personal sub-machine guns for security purpose.

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by Dreloaded(f): 2:42pm On May 16, 2008
Great job, partner and better government.
Re: Diaspora Folks by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 16, 2008
just a reminder, some of u with visa's will deffo have to go back to naija. so dont respond to this thread if u r on a limited stay outside naija
Re: Diaspora Folks by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 16, 2008
i love the hustling and bustling of naija. i intend going back to naija in another 10yrs from now.

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by sheniqua: 4:35pm On May 16, 2008
OMO IBO:

just a reminder, some of u with visa's will deffo have to go back to naija. so don't respond to this thread if you're on a limited stay outside naija

LOL
Re: Diaspora Folks by sheniqua: 4:37pm On May 16, 2008
For me I'll move back to Naija only if my husband wants to move back.
I'm not one to be here while my man lives in Nigeria
No way
Before my property becomes another woman's

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by ayomifull(f): 7:08pm On May 16, 2008
When there is 24/7 electricity to run my business and and less police with heavy guns on the road, my kids dreads the sight.
Re: Diaspora Folks by tRoOE(f): 7:13pm On May 16, 2008
Anytime I feel like, all i need is one phone call to get me a job
I can live there for 2yrs yrs but don't see myself living there forever grin grin
Re: Diaspora Folks by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 16, 2008
Nothing, really undecided
Re: Diaspora Folks by lucabrasi(m): 2:07am On May 17, 2008
once im sorted with school and maybe work for a year or less, a very big maybe
Re: Diaspora Folks by tpia: 3:21am On May 17, 2008
when I'm older I'll probably move back.

I have a lot of stuff in mind which I'd like to do over there, in the area of horticulture.

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by iice(f): 4:17am On May 17, 2008

24/7 electricity

That is one. . .mehnnn i don't know, right now i can't think of living there.
In the future? Who knows? undecided

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by sheniqua: 4:35pm On May 20, 2008
D-reloaded:

Great job, partner and better government.

eee oooo
let's see
Re: Diaspora Folks by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 20, 2008
For me I'll move back to Naija only if my husband wants to move back.
I'm not one to be here while my man lives in Nigeria
No way
Before my property becomes another woman's

hehehehehehehehe osisi can't afford to loose her cupcake cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy to another woman grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
chaii love,loff nwantiti wink smiley embarassed cool

@topic
ive missed pidgin english and im sure that will take me back,because i need to update mine wink
i need to go and learn my igbo proverbs joooo and live in d village grin grin grin grin
i need to go and hustle for bus in lagos cheesy cheesy
finally i guess its when im old and grey then i can return to naija,if not lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by ikamefa(f): 10:59pm On May 20, 2008
i love 9 j a but i definitely cant move back permanently

prolly if they get rid of all those agbero-boys grin grin grin grin
Re: Diaspora Folks by debosky(m): 11:10pm On May 20, 2008
jenny na wa oh. . .from Umuahia one day to Europe the next. . .na Okija Airlines you take reach dia? grin grin grin

@ topic

It would take me feeling I have a good chance of making it in naij - a solid job/business to create most of the comforts I need to live a good life. . .PLUS a real opportunity to make a difference in my small corner.

@ Osisi

when you are old and grey you go require 1,000 different medications. . .that is when you will most likely NOT move to naija. Too fragile to change and cope with all the gra gra again.

I give myself till 50. . .If I'm not there by then, I don't think I'll ever move back fully.

@ OMO IBO

what of people wey no get 'papers' like me? undecided we no fit comment?

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 20, 2008
jenny na wa oh. . .from Umuahia one day to Europe the next. . .na Okija Airlines you take reach dia? grin grin grin

e no easy my brother,i dey go round d world jare,anyway i no been day umuahia, i just use umuahia as my location,because i love d name well well

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by Gamine(f): 3:08pm On May 21, 2008
Abegi

Stay where u r jo

the population is high enough joooo

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by omoge(f): 7:40pm On May 21, 2008
A loaded bobo with his own mansion built by himself not on his father's money  grin

when am old and grey ojare
Re: Diaspora Folks by sheniqua: 7:54pm On May 21, 2008
everybody is moving back when they're old and grey.
Make I go start nursing home business and adult diaper home delivery.

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 21, 2008
lol @osisi cheesy cheesy
Re: Diaspora Folks by ty4real(m): 9:04pm On May 21, 2008
sheniqua:

everybody is moving back when they're old and grey.
Make I go start nursing home business and adult diaper home delivery.

Sharp babe!I get theat business for mind too ooo and the thing go sell with all this people wey wan relocate,we will just simulate a foreign environment in Nigeria for them or else once they land na to die den go just die cause old person for jand no get stamina reach old person for 9ja considering the rough life in 9ja grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by princeonx: 12:58am On May 22, 2008
me I want make them put that thing called Country on ebay and sell it to another Country you dey talk of going back! going back ko! going front ni! grin grin

Seriously though I left naija to better myself and America is doing just that! so for me to go back to naija permanently, naija just have to do better! or even best for me! old age or no old age!!
so for now, I'm very OK visiting once or twice every year!

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by sheniqua: 1:02am On May 22, 2008
prince_onx:

me I want make them put that thing called Country on ebay and sell it to another Country you dey talk of going back! going back ko! going front ni! grin grin

Seriously though I left naija to better myself and America is doing just that! so for me to go back to naija permanently, naija just have to do better! or even best for me! old age or no old age!!
so for now, I'm very OK visiting once or twice every year!

make you go marry first.
you no fit even return Naija the way you came.
what will Nnewi say? grin

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by Xiomarra: 6:41am On May 22, 2008
Over my dead body! Will only visit there since my parents are still alive.  But thank God they have been given permanent residency in the states.  That completes the migration process for my immediate family members.  The whole place can be swept into the gutters surrounding it for all I care.

Useless country full of thieves!

If they like, let them have a complete spiritual and physical makeover, the sad memories of the wickedness of Nigerians can never go away.

May God forbid bad thing I say!

Who wants to live in a country made up of generational dullards from some "Bukiepoly" for crying out loud?

TUFIAKWA times 1 million to the 100th power!
Re: Diaspora Folks by ty4real(m): 9:45am On May 22, 2008
Xiomarra:

Over my dead body! Will only visit there since my parents are still alive. But thank God they have been given permanent residency in the states. That completes the migration process for my immediate family members. The whole place can be swept into the gutters surrounding it for all I care.

Useless country full of thieves!

If they like, let them have a complete spiritual and physical makeover, the sad memories of the wickedness of Nigerians can never go away.

May God forbid bad thing I say!

Who wants to live in a country made up of generational dullards from some "Bukiepoly" for crying out loud?

TUFIAKWA times 1 million to the 100th power!

Na so 9ja do you reach bros!Una hate ur country so much!You funny sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Folks by princeonx: 12:58pm On May 22, 2008
@Sheniqua: Not sure I know exactly what you just said Nnewi? shine more light on that
Anyway! If I may guess, few friends always tell me that once I get marry i wont even be able to visit once every year not to talk of two times! All well, I'll wait till that time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before You Take 'ethiopian Airline' / Re:american Visa Interview / Help, Which Country Should I Travel To??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.