Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

What Are The Lessons From Egypt? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Are The Lessons From Egypt? (9645 Views)

Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea / Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) / UK is Hiding billions of Dollars Stolen from Egypt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: On the 12th of February 2011, Hosni Mubarak stepped down as president of Egypt, after weeks of protest in Cairo and other cities. Hosni Mubarak ruled over Egypt for 30yrs but was consumed by the wave of popular protests and violence that swept through the Middle-East and North Africa, begining in late 2010 ( Arab Spring).

Following the removal from office of Hosni Mubarak, Egypt went through a fairly short transition programme that culminated in a democratic election that saw the coming to power of Egypt's first freely elected president, Mohammed Morsi, about a year ago (precisely on June 24, 2012)

Ironically, one year down the line, Egypt has gone full circle. The same popular protests that swept Hosni Mubarak out of power about 2yrs ago has now also swept Mohammed Morsi away. This same Mohammed Morsi and his party, the Muslim Brotherhood, have been in opposition for decades promising heaven on earth if allowed to rule.

So what has changed for Egypt? While Egypt is changing its leaders like wrapper, the problems of the country (spiralling economic crisis and shortages in fuel) have remained CONSTANT.

Was it even practicable for Mohammed Morsi and his team to solve all the problems in just about a year, even with the best of efforts and intentions? How will the next leader cope with this penchant for people to pour into the streets at the slightest unfulfilled expectations? Can Egypt make progress with this high level of flip-flops and unpredictability? Where is the place of planning, sustenance and consolidation?

What are the lessons from the experience in Egypt? For me, the popular sayings- 'all that glitters is not gold' and 'talk is cheap'- readily comes to mind.
- u are so a really purchased PDP property. How long do ur complacent brain thinking unpassive minds can wait? This guys have waited 4 30yrs, are u too much than 30? And that may be ur whole life and a few, and u claim consildation, which has crippled suppose results in nigeria in claims of govt is working, long term projects, e.t.c all of which are techniques of lies.
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by mankand(m): 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
cyco05: goons baba! I really think the issue here is not "election rice and maggi"...it is simply a SIN to call Nigerians cowards because the Arab world is revolting to no positive ends so far as u are too blind to see( copy copy),wefought for this democracy that u are not enjoying now from the hand of the military..that is not the case in egypt!!!

Which democracy did you fight for? I guess the democracy of rice and maggi. Until there is revolution there can be no change. Just because you are a coward does not means others think like you
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
mankand: Goons Goons Goons.

Insincere 9gerian, Jonadumb ass licker.

These are people with guts, passion for change and sincereity. Those who are not ready to compromise, those who are not interested in their stomach, rather they are ready to satisfy their conscience that they are doing the right thing.

One thing you should know is that the Government should respect his/her citizens because they are his employer, they are his master, they elected him from the dept of their heart to represent their country, to provide their needs, to protect their life and property.

But here it is different. Nobody is ready to sacrifice for another. All our Martyrs are long dead and gone, nobody is ready to take up the mantle and fight for the interest of the poor man.

Did you even bother to go through the resume of the Minister of Defence in Egypt?

Insincere9gerian, Abati, Okupe e.t.c your time is coming soon, because the will of the people is stronger than the will of the government. You are all bunch of mediocre, i guess you are from the same lineage "ESAU"

Keep selling your birthright for porridge.

#I-AM-OUT#
guy thanks. Thank God their true nigerians here. That Guy simply is working 4 Jonathan and he is undoubtably a spy. He infiltrate huge media with brainwashing of Joe which is very bad. Pls let D People speak F.G.
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
awodman: Meanwhile this is Segun Adeniyi's lesson from Egypt..

- u still here to chicken out our mind, which one is intellectual revolution? The same that told GEJ nt to tagged BokoH as terrorist Group and nw that his try and error finally work and under D shawdow of D U.S.A Govt now tags them a terrorist group aftr their evil deed has been done? Our generations fill with youth, u mean to say it is a new trend now that we finds youth among ourselves or are they so much many than be4?
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by Msgamble: 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
Moursi ousted why? Firstiy-Economics reason the level of unemployed youth in egpty is rising cos no western nation will invest in volatile environs 2. Inflation 3.Security..situatio n in sinai is dangerous for the region as jihadist fires rocket into southern isreal 4.Islamist agenda..by implementing sharia into drafted constitution d COPTIC CHRISTIAN n secular ppl complain of negligence by d Gov.(as d case in Turkey) from their i know his days in office are numbered
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by mankand(m): 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
Messi j: guy thanks. Thank God their true nigerians here. That Guy simply is working 4 Jonathan and he is undoubtably a spy. He infiltrate huge media with brainwashing of Joe which is very bad. Pls let D People speak F.G.

I wonder how much he is been paid to sell his birthright and that of his unborn children
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by otokx(m): 8:03am On Jul 06, 2013
Evil should not give birth to Good whereas Good can degrade to evil. Nigerians mostly are not yet mature to look beyond ethnic & religious sentiments.
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by Eziachi: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
Rossikk: No. You are the typical Nigerian mouthing ignorant rubbish out of inferiority complex. Fact is Egypt is at least 20 years behind Nigeria in political evolution. It is Egypt that needs to learn from Nigeria, not the other way round. If you cannot see how, then go get a brain transplant.
Unfortunately for you I don't believe in evolution, even in politics, I prefer creation of your own political landscape. And I try to make my point without insults or name calling. By the way, I am a typical Biafran, never been a Nigerian since 1967.
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by Rossikk(m): 9:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Eziachi:
Unfortunately for you I don't believe in evolution, even in politics, I prefer creation of your own political landscape. And I try to make my point without insults or name calling. By the way, I am a typical Biafran, never been a Nigerian since 1967.

So what are you doing on a Nigerian site?

I never understand this about you 'Biafran' wannabes. You detest Nigeria so much yet you find yourself here everyday.

Makes no sense to me.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by Eziachi: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2013
Rossikk:

I never understand this about you 'Biafran' wannabes. You detest Nigeria so much yet you find yourself here everyday.

Makes no sense to me.
You should ask a Palestinian what he is doing on Israeli site as well. Nigeria is occupying my homeland since 1970, if that is not enough reason for you, then,its online site as you right called it, so its free not just for Nigerian green passport carriers but to a global audience. In the same breath, you detest Biafra so much, but it still attract you like a rotten mango attracts a fly.
Next question.
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by vedaxcool(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
Rossikk:

Makes no sense to me.

we tire ohhhhh! sad
Re: What Are The Lessons From Egypt? by donodion(m): 6:55am On Dec 21, 2014
takedat:
What Nigeria need is neither mob action nor military coup but political education to elect the right leaders and make them accountable! What distinguishes constitutional democracy from mob action is that orderly processes are followed!
Sorry to burst your bubbles but your thesis dont work in Nigeria.Their government understands only one language....."violence","Force".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Egyptian President Mursi Sacks Army Chief Tantawi! / Obama Or Romney- Who Would You Vote For? / Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.