Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? (6923 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / What Help Or Hurt nairalanders Advice Has Done To You? / What Has He/she Done To Thrill U Or Hurt U Today ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Stegomiah: 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
Just as it is stated, i need Nlanders opinions/views...on this issue and how?

I personally believe that there is hardly a relationship without fights/quarrel/silent thing....

My question is does fight helps or hurts and how?

NB: fights as in disagreements, heated arguements, quarrel, silent thing....not physical combat or any form of abusive relationship, †нªηкs!
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
first of all go down low cheesy fights, quarrels are big tests for relationships.. if you don't fight, you cannot know what bonds you guyz together and what keeps you apart! for me, fight is important because it enables you know what your partner would accept and will not accept from you! the earlier you settle your differences would only make your love wax stronger..

Disclaimer: I don't mean fight of breaking bottles to stab your partner and looking for cutlass to maim your partner or looking for gun to kill your partner bcuz that is attempting to commit homicide

8 Likes

Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by ChideraFavour(m): 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
Quarrel yes, bt physical fight hell no, I can neva engage in a fight wt my partner it can't in any way help our bond, dt's 4 me oo it may help oda person bt not me I beg

1 Like

Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Agybabe(f): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
Quarrel helps. But it shouldn't be generated on purpose.
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Mynd44: 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
Yes it is. Punch her and let her shoot you

1 Like

Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Popowaa: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Since we are all different and might have different opinions no matter hw compatible we are we will definitely disagree on sm things but the most important thing to watch what u say no mattr hw angry u are cos it can cause a lot of pain to the other party,but healthy quarrels helps the relationship to grow.

2 Likes

Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Stegomiah: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mynd_44: Yes it is. Punch her and let her shoot you

Lool, we are in Nigeria not America. Except you are in the force or security related fields, majority are not licensed 2 have/own a gun
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Mynd44: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
Stegomiah:

Lool, we are in Nigeria not America. Except you are in the force or security related fields, majority are not licensed 2 have/own a gun
I know some guys in Mushin that will sell a gun to you for less than minimum wage

1 Like

Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Stegomiah: 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
Popowaa: Since we are all different and might have different opinions no matter hw compatible we are we will definitely disagree on sm things but the most important thing to watch what u say no mattr hw angry u are cos it can cause a lot of pain to the other party,but healthy quarrels helps the relationship to grow.

Nice post, but is there anything like a healthy quarrel? If yes, please expantiate and which one is the unhealthy one?
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
Arguments can be healthy for relationships and can strengthen them. I think it's okay to have disagreements.
Just be careful with what you say and don't hold grudges afterwards. BUT if you're always arguing, then there's a problem.

I think you're only referring to "arguments" and not physically fighting. In that case, it would be a good idea to change the "Fight" in the title to "Arguments" to be more clear. If you're talking about physical fights, then NO; there's nothing good about them!

2 Likes

Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 05, 2013
Stegomiah: Just as it is stated, i need Nlanders opinions/views...on this issue and how?

I personally believe that there is hardly a relationship without fights/quarrel/silent thing.... My question is does fight helps or hurts and how?
It depends on what transpires in the relationship or what lead to the fight and how such fight has been managed which shall thus determine whether it would be ''beneficial or hurt'' !!!

Fight can achieve the two ''Help'' and/or ''Hurts'' !!!

Fight in my own regards equals Quarrel which does not necessarily implied ''Exchanging of blows nor smashing one another ''

Fight helps in a relationship to tailored/press/lobby one's desire;it help to drive to ur patner ur focal points and stand , surely, there are Ideal ways to do the ''fighting''

E.g Ur man's engaged in illicit affairs(Not necessarily cheating but possibly other bad harmful habits/endeavour) which u ve deployed all ur possible efforts,internally, for him to stop and U wanna put a stop to such but He doesn't care :::::::: Picking Up quarrel can help drivehome ur points to show u re determined !!! ViceVersa for ladies !!!

Also,U can use quarrel to correct a guy/gal that is taking U up for granted :::::: there are Ideal ways to challenge such actions !!!

And Fighting can also ''Hurt'' when U are oblivion of when,where,what and how to fight(Quarrel),it bounce back to Hurt either love-party !!!

The Ideal way is ''choose your fight wisely'' as it is quite flammable when not handled with wisdom !!! It can transform from ''Gas to cook food TO Gas that Burn the whole House'' !!!

2 Likes

Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by zhukafa(m): 11:38am On Jul 05, 2013
Fight in relationship does not show maturity in relationship, quarrel can be condoled but not fight. What makes a relationship is the mind at which both accepts there faults and call it mistakes rather than engaging in a physical combat and involving neighbors and friends for settlement .
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by megareal: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2013
I dont advocate fighting. Disagrements and minor quarrels are healthy only if the partners watch their tongue. No need namecalling and saying things that will hurt in a long time cos that tend to destroy rather than build or bond.
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Stegomiah: 11:52am On Jul 05, 2013
Yield: Arguments can be healthy for relationships and can strengthen them. I think it's okay to have disagreements.
Just be careful with what you say and don't hold grudges afterwards. BUT if you're always arguing, then there's a problem.

I think you're only referring to "arguments" and not physically fighting. In that case, it would be a good idea to change the "Fight" in the title to "Arguments" to be more clear. If you're talking about physical fights, then NO; there's nothing good about them!

†нªηкs! 4 ur suggestion, but seriously i think using argument will change d concept of the topic, i meant fight as in quarrel definately not physical combat, heated arguements inclusive, guess i'll av 2 modify my original post 2 make it more clearer
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by otijah(m): 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
U can use acid in the fight if necessary
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
Fighting in a relationship can be good entertainment for 3rd party viewers

My housemate at Uni used to have some WWE style fights with his GF.

One time she broke a ceramic plate on his head knocking him out cold, and then tried to chop up his passport with a pair of scissors

When he recovered, I swear he did the RKO on her...slamming her right in to the floor.

20 minutes later, they were having loud makeup sex.

Trips smh

1 Like

Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2013
jackbauersballs: Fighting in a relationship can be good entertainment for 3rd party viewers

One time she broke a ceramic plate on his head knocking him out cold, and then tried to chop up his passport with a pair of scissors

When he recovered, I swear he did the RKO on her...slamming her right in to the floor.

Trips smh

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Lakayanah: 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
In plastic relationships fights are forbidden it might stop the flow of goodie. But in genuine relationships you fight and make-up with very good acrobatic moves on the bed.
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Jglad(f): 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
y una cum dey repeat tinz lyk dis na? Express urself bt no dey form 2knw... Fight*no violence*,argue,quarrel bt undastand urselves n talk,argue n solve d mess... No use english confuse me
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Lilimax(f): 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
Most couple disagrees, argues, quarrels, but experts say the words you use in a fight can predict whether your relationship will last forever or end in tears. So watch your choice of words when this is happening.
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Enegod(m): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
jackbauersballs: Fighting in a relationship can be good entertainment for 3rd party viewers

Trips smh
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Temismith(f): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
In most cases, it helps to strengthen the bond between d 2 parties in d relationship. On the other hand, a fight is just a means to an end in some other relationships. wink
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
One fight, breeds another, and then another and later the r/ship ends or a partner may die in the cause. Gbam!!! The best thing is to avoid it at all cost. embarassed
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Toks2008(m): 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
Temismith: In most cases, it helps to strengthen the bond between d 2 parties in d relationship. On the other hand, a fight is just a means to an end in some other relationships. wink

Very true.

In-fact if my wife and i ever get back together after these long period of bickering then our union may never see any hiccup ever again. No be small thing o.
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Debbielicious1(f): 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
otijah: U can use acid in the fight if necessary
You get senz?
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
They both help and hurt!

It's that simple .
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
it depends on what caused the disagreement.if its making your stand known in a relationship,to avoid being taken for a stroll,then it helps.
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Odinaka00(m): 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
My relationship with her is might soon become a closed chapter cuz of too much argument and quarrels...and I do say a lot of hurtful thingz to her wenever we quarrel, now I have noticed so many changes in her of late, our chats don reduce small, she doesn't call ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ on d fone like she used to cuz we re in a long distance relationship...I dey sa while she dey lasgidy....thingz aint just working too well 4 us...I confronted her last week and she confessed dat our relationship is becoming "love-less"...cuz of so many hurtful thingz I have said to her.....nairalanders, I must admit dat truely I said so many hurtful thingz to her buh d fact remains dat I don't wana loose her love....I don't wana loose, she s a great girl....
Now I ve been trying so hard to win her heart again buh it seems like its nat working, I'm even considering coming to 9ja to settle thingz with her....pls guyz I need ya help....muito obrigado
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by solacec4t(f): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
Its very normal to quarrel but not necessarily squabbling, it shows both parties are true to each other.
If a relationship stays months/years without a quarrel then, both parties are living a life of lies. So its very healthy to quarrel. Siblings who grew up together,same training and teachings disagrees let alone two different people from different backgrounds.( but, we should watch what we say even in the heat of anger)
Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
Quarrels are fine, but depends on what you fight about. Example: if you fight about the small things only, you lose patience and break up. The closer you get to someone the more conflicts will arise, so every relationship needs conflicts to prove their worth. Silent treatments are the worse in my opinion because you end up so tense and that's where a break up can occur as well. Actually, that's what is happening to me right now in my own relationship, and all I can do is pray that God gives me the chance to just apologize, open up and submit to my guy's discipline in the matter. I'm usually a quite reserved person when it comes to my true feelings, so we would hardly fuss and carry about. But I think that since we are getting closer, my refusal to be real about myself is causing this guy real pain. That's why it's important to approach arguments with humility and to yield to one another. It's not about being the right one to win an argument, but about making the relationship right no matter what, and then praying for the other person that they may find peace in their spirit.

1 Like

Re: Do Fights Help Or Hurt Relationships? by JohnnyPalmer: 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
I think fight does help in a relationship, and it is a normal thing for two partners to quarell and like the 0P said, its almost impossible 2 have a relationship without fight. Normally, two people are not same, they have their own differences.
Fights help us to get to understand one another better, you know what he or she likes and dislikes..

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Doesn’t Want Sex – And It’s Wrecking My Self-confidence / Guy Posts Photos Of Him Having Sex On Facebook / Men Can U Swear Dat U've Not Fork Ashy B4?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.