Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Does Lagos Now Belong To The Tinubu's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Lagos Now Belong To The Tinubu's (768 Views)

What Do Nigerians Do With The Tinubu Documentary?- ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (punch) / Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection / What Does 'Lagos' Mean & Who Coined The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Lagos Now Belong To The Tinubu's by MrObalende: 11:51am On Jul 05, 2013
I despise talking about politics on this blog and i try to avoid it like a plague,but i am going to have my say on this one before my beloved Lagos state turns to Kwara.
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was my mentor,he was everything i aspired to be in life until recently.
It is well known that the Jagaban Borgu is the most powerful Nigerian outside Aso rock, and a master strategist who is well versed in the art of politics than Lionel Messi is on a football pitch.

But now the 'Lion of Bourdillon 'is starting to take Liberties,he is gradually turning Lagos into his personal property and the so called Lagosians seem to be held spellbound.
Tinubu has the gift of the garb with good oratory skills,he can sell cow milk to a fulani herdsman.
His wife Remi Tinubu became a Senator right under our nose,even when we had a distinguished man in the former Speaker of the state House of Assembly Olorunimbe Mamora amongst others.
Still the people kept quiet,Tinubu's late mother Alhaja Abibat Mogaji was the Iya Loja of Nigeria for more than two decades,a position she was highly qualified for,fair enough.But last week i was shocked when it was confirmed that Tinubu's daughter who is just over thirty years old was appointed as the new 'Iya Loja' of Nigeria by the Oba of Lagos.For those of you who do not understand the importance of the title,Iya Loja is the head of all the market traders in Nigeria and nothing happens in any market without her approval.
The title does not bear any significance outside Lagos,but in an election year the 'Iya Loja' can swing votes in favour of her preferred candidate.
The market traders often vote en masse and whoever the 'Iya Loja' decides she wants in power gets the votes and this could make or mar any candidate's chances.
Tinubu played a masterstroke by appointing his daughter,Folashade Tinubu-Ojo (whose husband came from London and walked straight into the Federal House of Assembly representing Ekiti)the'Iya Loja of Nigeria' in anticipation of his wife's rumoured interest in becoming the next governor of Lagos in 2015.The people in the inner circle know there is no vacancy in the government house after Governor Fashola's term in office, as the Kingmaker has already decided his wife is going to be Nigeria's first female governor,you either like it or lump it.Tinubu owns Lagos state and its time the real Lagosians stood up to him and chase out the charlatans.I reckon Saharareporters will turn a blind eye to this,and we know why.
Eko oni baje
Re: Does Lagos Now Belong To The Tinubu's by bloggernaija: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2013
Mr Obalende: I despise talking about politics on this blog and i try to avoid it like a plague,but i am going to have my say on this one before my beloved Lagos state turns to Kwara.
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was my mentor,he was everything i aspired to be in life until recently.
It is well known that the Jagaban Borgu is the most powerful Nigerian outside Aso rock, and a master strategist who is well versed in the art of politics than Lionel Messi is on a football pitch.

But now the 'Lion of Bourdillon 'is starting to take Liberties,he is gradually turning Lagos into his personal property and the so called Lagosians seem to be held spellbound.
Tinubu has the gift of the garb with good oratory skills,he can sell cow milk to a fulani herdsman.
His wife Remi Tinubu became a Senator right under our nose,even when we had a distinguished man in the former Speaker of the state House of Assembly Olorunimbe Mamora amongst others.
Still the people kept quiet,Tinubu's late mother Alhaja Abibat Mogaji was the Iya Loja of Nigeria for more than two decades,a position she was highly qualified for,fair enough.But last week i was shocked when it was confirmed that Tinubu's daughter who is just over thirty years old was appointed as the new 'Iya Loja' of Nigeria by the Oba of Lagos.For those of you who do not understand the importance of the title,Iya Loja is the head of all the market traders in Nigeria and nothing happens in any market without her approval.
The title does not bear any significance outside Lagos,but in an election year the 'Iya Loja' can swing votes in favour of her preferred candidate.
The market traders often vote en masse and whoever the 'Iya Loja' decides she wants in power gets the votes and this could make or mar any candidate's chances.
Tinubu played a masterstroke by appointing his daughter,Folashade Tinubu-Ojo (whose husband came from London and walked straight into the Federal House of Assembly representing Ekiti)the'Iya Loja of Nigeria' in anticipation of his wife's rumoured interest in becoming the next governor of Lagos in 2015.The people in the inner circle know there is no vacancy in the government house after Governor Fashola's term in office, as the Kingmaker has already decided his wife is going to be Nigeria's first female governor,you either like it or lump it.Tinubu owns Lagos state and its time the real Lagosians stood up to him and chase out the charlatans.I reckon Saharareporters will turn a blind eye to this,and we know why.
Eko oni baje

AS LONG AS PDP STILL EXIST IN ONE FORM OR THE OTHER , YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SUCK IT UP.IT IS A MATTER OF TRADE OFF.TINUBU MAY NOT BE THE BEST BUT HE IS A SIGNIFICANT UPGRADE FROM THE GARRISON COMMANDERS OF THE PDP.MANY YORUBAS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE IYAOLOJA TITLE BECAUSE IT IS TRADITIONAL.ALSO THE SENATE AND REP SEATS ARE NOT CONSIDERED TOO STRATEGIC AS THE BALANCE OF POWER AT THE MOMENT TILTS TOWARDS THE EXECUTIVE.
SO THE GOVERNOR POSITION IS MORE STRATEGIC THAN THE OTHERS.
Re: Does Lagos Now Belong To The Tinubu's by Desinuola: 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
bloggernaija:

AS LONG AS PDP STILL EXIST IN ONE FORM OR THE OTHER , YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SUCK IT UP.IT IS A MATTER OF TRADE OFF.TINUBU MAY NOT BE THE BEST BUT HE IS A SIGNIFICANT UPGRADE FROM THE GARRISON COMMANDERS OF THE PDP.MANY YORUBAS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE IYAOLOJA TITLE BECAUSE IT IS TRADITIONAL.ALSO THE SENATE AND REP SEATS ARE NOT CONSIDERED TOO STRATEGIC AS THE BALANCE OF POWER AT THE MOMENT TILTS TOWARDS THE EXECUTIVE.
SO THE GOVERNOR POSITION IS MORE STRATEGIC THAN THE OTHERS.

....and you know that many Yorubas do not care because you carried out an empirical research personally or just did what you do best by pulling the sh1t out of your anus?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Retaliates With £5000 Visa Bond For UK Citizens / Middle Belt Will Support Jonathan For His 2nd Term – Lawrence Onoja / G20 'divided' On Syria As Power Criticises Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.