Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,779 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:42 PM

Stolen Kisses (Forbidden Fruit 2) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stolen Kisses (Forbidden Fruit 2) (970 Views)

The Forbidden Fruit / Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) / The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Kisses (Forbidden Fruit 2) by Abisoyee(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
(Forbidden fruits do taste better and sweeter; we were brought back to earth with the clearing of a throat. We sprung apart and saw standing there; hands akimbo with flames literally bellowing from her head was Sharon………)

To say I was shocked was an understatement; I couldn’t fathom for the life of me whether I hadn’t locked the door when I had brought Mirabel in or whether Sharon had used her spare key into my house. All I knew was that she was standing there in flesh and blood with all the fury blazing in her eyes as she stood there, hands akimbo staring daggers at me and Mirabel. I sneaked a look at Mirabel and could see the look of pure terror mixed with chagrin on her face, she was like a little child caught by the momma stealing from the sweet jar. She wouldn’t look at me and I could see her lips were trembling. Oh how I longed to take her into my hands and comfort her, tell her she was safe with me and that nothing or nobody could hurt her. All this perhaps took place within the space of a minute or there about and at last I found my voice.
‘Sharon what are you doing here?’ I asked lamely, the question sounded stupid to the three of us and I winced mentally as I realized the stupidity of it.

Sharon didn’t answer, she took one look at me and hissed and in the twinkle of an eye, she swooped upon Mirabel who was still sitting with her legs crossed. It happened too fast and I hadn’t seen it coming, Sharon was like a tigress wounded, she attacked with a vengeance and that day I came to understand the meaning of Shakespeare’s ‘Hell hath known no fury like a woman scorned.’ She scratched Mirabel’s porcelain face with her Jezebel fingers and pulled at the girl’s Brazilian hair. Mirabel screamed out in pain and cringed back but Sharon was on a mission of vendetta and I quickly jumped up and tried to hold her back. She screamed then, a high pitched wail that sounded like a widow’s cry or perhaps I should say an Indian’s cry of war. It was a battle, she kicked at me and flung herself without mercy, I fell on the floor with her in a tangle of bodies and she lashed out, crying and cursing at the same time. The tears flowed as her anger poured out and I tried to avert most of her blows by blocking my face, I could hear Mirabel’s soft whimpering in the background as she begged Sharon to stop and calm down. They only fueled her anger as she stopped pummeling me and attacked Mirabel with a speed and energy I hadn’t known she was capable of before. At this stage, I had had enough and I held her back firmly and gave her a slap. She reeled backwards and the slap must have dazed her because she stared at me in shock for a minute then she went soft. She whimpered like a wounded dog and the tears welled up in her eyes and the flood of tears was let loose. She snatched her bag from where she had dropped it and ran out the door with the tears streaming down her face.

I wasn’t bothered about that as I made for Mirabel who was crying softly, I crouched and took her in my arms, stroking her scattered hair softly as I whispered into her ears, soothing her and assuaging her fears. She said she wanted to go home and I pleaded with her to stay with me and not let Sharon’s actions disrupt our evening but she kept on pleading that she needed to rest from the day’s events. I could tell she was feeling guilty with all that had happened as she wouldn’t meet my eyes, she kept on averting my look and when we kissed goodbye, her lips were unresponsive; not the warm and loving sensation that had been there before. She boarded a taxi with tears in her eyes and a part of me felt like stopping that taxi and taking her in my arms till her fears were gone. Just as I got walked back into the house, my phone rang and I picked it up. It was the voice of………..

To be continued

Posted by Poshkid Charming
www.poshkidcharming. Follow at @PrinceTeardrop

(1) (Reply)

The Sluttish Facebook Bae / The Lord’s Will / That Taxi Driver From Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.