Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Electricity Situation In Your Area - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Situation In Your Area (12717 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Electricity Situation Worsens As Tariff Increases. / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by bigtudu(m): 3:34am On Jul 07, 2013
In my area we ve up to 20 hours of electicity in a day. I am in Ughelli delta state.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by bidis: 4:40am On Jul 07, 2013
in my area we hav up to 20hrs of light in a day afiesere ughelli delta state
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by bidis: 4:45am On Jul 07, 2013
frn d comments i hav seen d light hav improved in many areas except lagos state in my area an average of 20hrs a day
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 6:16am On Jul 07, 2013
I am saddened by the commentss I read so far from people.

Some places do not even have electric poles

Some places av electricity in less than 2 days per week

Only a few places have a near-constant electricity supply.

The situation is worrisome despite the billions of dollars that are spent on power supply yearly

Despite the various committees that have been constituted in the last 12 Years to look into power availability in the country.

As nigerians, we deserve a better leadership.
Leadership that invests massively in the future of her nation.
Leadership that invests hugely into development of her people.

A good citizen makes a good nation.

May the labour of our heroes past don't go in vain

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by samsard(m): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2013
in kuje area council of the Fcity (F.C.T). Nepa dey bring light to my area once in a fullmoon.....At my place in makurdi opposite Benue State uni its either not there or comes so low it cant charge a Nokia fone
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by afeeshassan: 9:39am On Jul 07, 2013
Light is poor at Bogije side lekki Epe expressway. Nepa gave us light 8 hours in a week. In fact have not witness this kind of situation in my life. I don't even iron my cloth again.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Tonyblinky(m): 9:51am On Jul 07, 2013
Its 24hrs a week here in sapele road benin city
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by jjcbuthot: 9:52am On Jul 07, 2013
atlwireles:

I'm surprised at the disparity around the country. Here in delta state around the warri/ughelli areas power supply is a non issue. 18-22 hours per day is common.

People in villages have always enjoy light more than people in the cities. I can remember even during Abacha regime, states like Osun, etc enjoyed power supply more than other highly populated states.

Coming here to say GEJ has perform wonder because a few villages have light doesn't make sense.

I am working on my battery now - on sunday that most most industries are shut down. What improvement are we talking about?
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by bright007(f): 10:26am On Jul 07, 2013
lexrichy: We have 24hrs light here in Benin.
..pls stop generalizing and tell us which part of Benin you are referring to?...areas like ekosodin,uniben,edpa down to adolor its total black-out.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by saintgwizard(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2013
kaze4blues:

The fact that electricity is still epileptic in your area doesn't mean its the same generally.

We are still developing, but with time we will surely get there.

I will still say things have gotten better interms of electricity supply atleast in this part of the country.

And btw,
I don't believe your statement, "8 hours of light in 1 week...".

Generally electricity supply has improvved, but some areas have remainded the same or even worse. An example is Ibusa in Delta state where 8 hours of power in a month, worths a thanksgiving service.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by ondfavour: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2013
kaze4blues:
With the various reforms that are been put in place by federal govt in the power sector and with the commissioning of several power projects and their addition into the national grid, I believe strongly that things have gotten much better in terms of electricity supply in the country.

Electricity supply in my area has improved greatly over the last one month.
It was initially @ 8 hours out of 24 hours but has now risen to average 20 hours out of 24 hours.

The power supply here in badagry has improved, at least 4 d past week , we had 16hrs of constant power supply. Truly the FG is doing their best to meet their target.

This is a significant improvement on the part of the FG.

Let's know the present electricity situation in your area.

( I reside in ogbomoso, oyo state nigeria)
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Barth99(m): 11:27am On Jul 07, 2013
The situation of light in my area is getting worse ever b/4, in kokona LGA of nasarawa state, i pray that government should do some thing urgent in other to tackle the situation.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Christmasdon(m): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
...as for me ..its nofin to write home about. Here in ahiazu mbaise L.G.A ..to be precise here in Obodo Ahiara no light at all..neighbours around owns electricity 2.4.7. .and nofin is being said. i think their bills is ready waiting for the day light shows on the bulb. Appi sunday cheers!
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Rossikk(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
Christmasdon: ...as for me ..its nofin to write home about. Here in ahiazu mbaise L.G.A ..to be precise here in Obodo Ahiara no light at all..neighbours around owns electricity 2.4.7. .and nofin is being said. i think their bills is ready waiting for the day light shows on the bulb. Appi sunday cheers!
Bros wetin you dey do for village nah?
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by simdam500(m): 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
Electricity here @ agbado ishaga is E8... F9 sef. For d past 3days not even a 30min up nepa... Smh
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
The length and breadth of Port Harcourt no see light oh. Na darkness we dey, couple with flood, bad roads and traffic gridlock. The roads here dey yank off my bumper daily.

Amaechi promise us uninterrupted power by December 2012, as I speak, na steady darkness we dey.

From Borokiri to Aluu to Igwuruta to Eleme to Woji to Borokiri again, na steady darkness.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by jjcbuthot: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: The length and breadth of Port Harcourt no see light oh. Na darkness we dey, couple with flood, bad roads and traffic gridlock. The roads here dey yank off my bumper daily.

Amaechi promise us uninterrupted power by December 2012, as I speak, na steady darkness we dey.

From Borokiri to Aluu to Igwuruta to Eleme to Woji to Borokiri again, na steady darkness.

No be your son be president? And you will still vote for him in 2015...

The smart GEJ has rehabilitated all the roads in his village Etuoke. He put a university there. Put a modern hospital there, etc.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by lastpage: 12:56am On Jul 08, 2013
simdam500: Electricity here @ agbado ishaga is E8... F9 sef.
For d past 3days not even a 30min up nepa... Smh

Same in Lagos Central!
2-hours of electricity in 48hrs!

Just to quickly "warm" your electronics! shocked

And to think they just INCREASED "FIXED CHARGE" by 50%, ....to #750 every Month!!!

Madt Government! Clueless.

Lastpage!
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 2:30am On Jul 08, 2013
It is certain that by the this year's end when most power projects have been completed, significant improvement will be experienced in the supply of power.

Also, since we are in rainy season, that still affects power availability as most dams have been over flooded.

Heavy rains also inflict serious damage on power machineries like electric poles, transformers etc.

But by and large, we are optimistic despite the present condition.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by miky(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2013
NEROSKY:

Is only the area I like Arab people, No government or president can mess with them! They will be like "how many people u won kill"?

You Ex slaves will never see good in your country.. Why not leave and go work with the Arabs for a day, just one day.. They will kill you like a rabid animal.. You talk about Egypt Tunisia and Libya as if its any better.. Those fools there have been controlled by 1 dictator president for the last 30 years each.. From Mubarak to ghaddafi and co..
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
Where I stay in Abuja, electricity has improved tremendously and I used to think it is the same all over the country until I came to Lagos some few weeks ago...gosh! The electricity situation in this city is bad! if there is light at all, it will be between 4am and 8am.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Kayman4life(m): 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
Enugu that use to hav at least 20 hours of power before are now managing about 6 hours power everyday. Power supply has drastically declined in Enugu recently and every month bill must come. May God help us in this country.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kayman4life: Enugu that use to hav at least 20 hours of power before are now managing about 6 hours power everyday. Power supply has drastically declined in Enugu recently and every month bill must come. May God help us in this country.

The unstability may be due to the present rainy season that we are now.
With time, the stability will return
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by LaudateII: 1:35am On Jul 09, 2013
donpeluchi: power is terrible in festac. we barely get 7 hours of electricity in a day.

Haba! Oga, forget Festac oh! The residents need to do special deliverance session for PHCN in that area, so that they can improve their performance.

Can you imagine that on 23 Road, the average bill in our family house was between =N=6,000 and N=7,500 per month because during the day, nothing is powered on.

All of a sudden in March, when the entire house was empty for a month as everybody was on holiday, PHCN brought a bill of =N=25,000 for just that particular month! How come? My brother had even taken extra precaution to switch off electricity from the mains/changeover box before going on holiday that period. Till now, the issue has NOT been resolved. With PHCN in Festac, the more you look, the less you see!! angry

Meanwhile, we are yet to get the pre-paid meter we paid for over 6 months ago!
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 4:57am On Jul 09, 2013
Laudate II:

Haba! Oga, forget Festac oh! The residents need to do special deliverance session for PHCN in that area, so that they can improve their performance.

Can you imagine that on 23 Road, the average bill in our family house was between =N=6,000 and N=7,500 per month because during the day, nothing is powered on.

All of a sudden in March, when the entire house was empty for a month as everybody was on holiday, PHCN brought a bill of =N=25,000 for just that particular month! How come? My brother had even taken extra precaution to switch off electricity from the mains/changeover box before going on holiday that period. Till now, the issue has NOT been resolved. With PHCN in Festac, the more you look, the less you see!! angry

Meanwhile, we are yet to get the pre-paid meter we paid for over 6 months ago!

Lmao....

So how did u handle the arbitrary bill issue?

Did u end up paying the bill?
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by LaudateII: 2:08am On Jul 20, 2013
kaze4blues:

Lmao....

So how did u handle the arbitrary bill issue?

Did u end up paying the bill?

Pay wetin? Na so money plenty for ground? Abeg, we are still speaking plenty grammar on the issue with PHCN. Meanwhile, it is only d former =N=7,000 that used to appear on our bill every month, that we paid. In fact, I should have slashed it down to =N=5k, sef. angry
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 2:35am On Jul 20, 2013
Lmao..

Smart one from you
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by LaudateII: 2:35am On Aug 12, 2013
Just when I thought that the PHCN office in Lekki area had repented of their wicked ways of keeping us in darkness because they gave us a few extra hours of power supply during Sallah, they struck again yesterday evening and plunged our neighbourhood into darkness for another 24 hours. cry

God dey! angry

I have stopped expecting an improvement in their performance. Blessed are the 'unexpectant' (or is it non-expectant), for they shall not be disappointed... undecided
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by stanech: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2013
ikpoba hill Benin city 23/24hrs
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by LaudateII: 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
stanech: ikpoba hill Benin city 23/24hrs

Hmmn...Oga, your response is incomplete. Are you talking about 23/24 hours of power supply or 23/24 hours of darkness? Kindly clarify.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Malawian(m): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
around coker down down bustop area, if they give us light there for say 5 hours per month, na party we go do o. and this have been going on for the past 4 months now.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Malawian(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
kaze4blues:

The unstability may be due to the present rainy season that we are now.
With time, the stability will return

during the last ministers tenure, was the excuse that there was constant light not attributed to the rains? as i am typing, no light since morning, and i can bet there will be no light here for the rest of the week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Arrives Bauchi State / FG Partners Horasis Zenera Consulting To Attract 500 Investors To Nigeria / Mohammed Adamu Flouts Court Order, Releases List Of New Recruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.