Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God (617 Views)

Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? / Why are majority of those who fall under annointing female? / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Orikinla(m): 6:59am On Jul 06, 2013
Majority of Nigerians don't know God no matter their claims of being Christians, Muslims or whatever.
We know those who know God by their characters and works and not by the size of their Holy Bible or Koran and not by how many times they go to church or mosque and not by how many times they shout Hallelujah or Allah Akbar.

The only way you can separate the sheep from the goats is by what our Lord and Messiah Jesus Christ said:
By their fruits you shall know them.
What you do whether in the open or in secret is you and majority of Nigerians claiming to know God are liars.
Those who know their God shall do great exploits that will show that God is with them.
Not great exploits in bed, not great exploits in telling lies and scams, not great exploits in cheating in your relationships and marriages, not great exploits in rigging elections, not great exploits in stealing and killing, not great exploits in jealousy and envy, not great exploits in greediness and wickedness and not great exploits in so many other crimes and evils you do indoors and outdoors on the street and the internet. Because of these horrible and terrible things you do, you cannot manifest the glory of God in your life. And that is why majority of Nigerians behave like dogs or even worse. And the fools don't repent. And as fools lie, so they will die like fools.

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 06, 2013
God is what/who you want him to be... Most Nigerians know God...
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Orikinla(m): 7:39am On Jul 06, 2013
musKeeto: God is what/who you want him to be... Most Nigerians know God...

God Himself said they don't know Him.
Therefore, God is not what you want Him to be. God is how much you believe in Him and OBEY Him. The violence destroying precious lives and valuable properties today are caused by DISOBEDIENCE to God.
God said those who love God hate wickedness.
Then He said how can you say you love me when you hate your brother. He said you are a LIAR, because if you don't love your brother you can see, then how can you love God you cannot see? So, we may fool the whole world every day, but we cannot fool God. Until you can prove that you love your fellow humans by how you relate with and treat them, you cannot know God. Because, when you know God, you will know the truth to love Him by first loving yourself His awesome creation He made in His image and after His likeness and then you will surely love your fellow humans as you love yourself. That is why He said DO NOT DO EVIL and anything you know is not GOOD is EVIL.
And until you stop doing evil, you are living in bondage and in darkness and cannot see light. And God is light. Understood?
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by cyrexx: 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
musKeeto: God is what/who you want him to be... Most Nigerians know God...

You are very correct.

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2013
90 percent of humanity
isn't truly connected with God.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
*Kails*:
90 percent of humanity

However, 100% of your booty is divine cool

Kalis, tan tuddy
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by tobechi74: 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
Nobody fully understands God
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Emusan(m): 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
tobechi74: Nobody fully understands God

Then, the little one you understand about Him. What are you doing about it?

@Op
I always feel sad base on what we christians have turn God to today. Everyday church's population increases but looking at what is going on around the world is pure evil everyday, no fear of God, no love of God e.t.c very sadden!

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
Emusan:

Then, the little one you understand about Him. What are you doing about it?

@Op
I always feel sad base on what we christians have turn God to today. Everyday church's population increases but looking at what is going on around the world is pure evil everyday, no fear of God, no love of God e.t.c very sadden!
No be signs of end times?

It shouldn't sadden you. Your savior shall come in soon riding on the clouds.. Just pray he doesn't get hit by a plane sha..
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Orikinla(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
*Kails*:
90 percent of humanity
And the state of what they do to themselves are enough to confirm your statement.
They are self-destructive.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
*Kails*:
90 percent of humanity
Rather than being connected with one they can't see, they should try connecting with those they can see...
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by Orikinla(m): 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
tobechi74: Nobody fully understands God
[size=18pt]When you start from simple obedience to His Word you are already understanding him.

4 Show me your ways, Lord,
teach me your paths.
5 Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

~ FROM PSALM 25.[/size]
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Don't Know God by manmustwac(m): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
Everybody has their own interpretation of God that's why we have Catholics, Protestants, Methodists, Deeper Life, Jehovah's Witnesses, Pentecostal plus 100's of other denominations talk less of churches all with their own idea of how to servw thw God they worship. Dosen't the picture below make any sense to you religious folk?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead / God Bless Israel / Ask Any Question About Priesthood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.