Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola (11130 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by kaze4blues(m): 8:32am On Jul 06, 2013
NGF crisis was planned -Aregbesola
2013-07-05 23:00:42

Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has said that the crisis in the Nigeria Governors' Forum was orchestrated.

Aregbesola spoke while responding to questions during his visit to PUNCH Place, headquarters of PUNCH Nigeria Limited, on Friday.

He said the scenario that played out after the NGF election was premeditated.

He said, "Some people deliberately wanted to discredit a process that had been proven to be very organised, peaceful and without rancour.

"It takes two to tango and the best position is not neutrality. Look, let's call a spade what it is. I won't say more because I am a principal actor in the entire thing.

"We all know what was wrong but I think we are timid to say it. We cannot use an orchestrated and deliberate smear to castigate all governors. We all know the interest behind what happened. If we are not courageous enough to apportion blame, let's be quiet. I rest my case."

The governor said the South-West had not reneged on its pursuit for federalism.

He, however, regretted that he had been accused of infringing on the constitution in his campaign of federalism, adding, "I am a strong advocate of federalism."

He also reiterated his call for regional integration in the South-West, especially in addressing issues of common interest.

He said, "A lot of things would be non-issues if addressed on a regional basis. For instance, the issue of crime control and security is so paramount that all of us are investing in security surveillance, aerial space surveillance to eliminate opportunistic attacks.

"These people know that they can move easily within a region but with such joint effort, it will not be possible. Besides, it will cost a lesser amount."

On the issue of the state government owning a helicopter despite its meagre resources, Aregbesola said he did not see anything frivolous about it.

He explained that although the idea was dropped after it could not sail through, the state had opted for it to boost its response to emergencies and security-related issues.

"We expected that with this, we should be able to rescue, support and intervene if there is an emergency.

"We began by investing in an alert system that notifies the appropriate quarters in seconds when there is an emergency or a threat. We thought that the helicopter service would complement this by providing immediate help instead of going through the roads and taking hours to reach the point where help is needed," he said.

Aregbesola said the Osun N4bn cargo airport project was in keeping with his administration's goal of grooming its economy to become a key commercial hub.

He said, "We are still building an economy that will be privately owned. We need to banish poverty by empowering Nigerians to earn their sustenance.

"Having the cargo airport in Osun is important because it will be an incentive to investors instead of the unattractive roads and the danger they portend.

"Osun is the heartland of 33million Yoruba people in the world. Imagine 200,000 visitors coming to Osun in a year and spending $I,000 each, that is $200m. It will amortise the investment on the airport.

"We said at the outset that we will run an unusual government. Having an airport in Osun should not even be a problem because it had the first airstrip in Nigeria according to history."

He also said that the state had boosted its agricultural sector through its periodic feeding of pupils.

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/ngf-crisis-was-planned-aregbesola/

2 Likes

Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by kkkp: 8:47am On Jul 06, 2013
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Honadeadek(m): 9:07am On Jul 06, 2013
So na movie we dey watch!!!!!
I dey wait here patiently for the Season two.
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by iamswizz(m): 9:48am On Jul 06, 2013
na zoologist plan am abi

3 Likes

Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Pygru: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2013
kaze4blues: NGF crisis was planned -Aregbesola
2013-07-05 23:00:42

Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has said that the crisis in the Nigeria Governors' Forum was orchestrated.

Aregbesola spoke while responding to questions during his visit to PUNCH Place, headquarters of PUNCH Nigeria Limited, on Friday.

He said the scenario that played out after the NGF election was premeditated.

He said, "Some people deliberately wanted to discredit a process that had been proven to be very organised, peaceful and without rancour.

"It takes two to tango and the best position is not neutrality. Look, let's call a spade what it is. I won't say more because I am a principal actor in the entire thing.

"We all know what was wrong but I think we are timid to say it. We cannot use an orchestrated and deliberate smear to castigate all governors. We all know the interest behind what happened. If we are not courageous enough to apportion blame, let's be quiet. I rest my case."

The governor said the South-West had not reneged on its pursuit for federalism.

He, however, regretted that he had been accused of infringing on the constitution in his campaign of federalism, adding, "I am a strong advocate of federalism."

He also reiterated his call for regional integration in the South-West, especially in addressing issues of common interest.

He said, "A lot of things would be non-issues if addressed on a regional basis. For instance, the issue of crime control and security is so paramount that all of us are investing in security surveillance, aerial space surveillance to eliminate opportunistic attacks.

"These people know that they can move easily within a region but with such joint effort, it will not be possible. Besides, it will cost a lesser amount."

On the issue of the state government owning a helicopter despite its meagre resources, Aregbesola said he did not see anything frivolous about it.

He explained that although the idea was dropped after it could not sail through, the state had opted for it to boost its response to emergencies and security-related issues.

"We expected that with this, we should be able to rescue, support and intervene if there is an emergency.

"We began by investing in an alert system that notifies the appropriate quarters in seconds when there is an emergency or a threat. We thought that the helicopter service would complement this by providing immediate help instead of going through the roads and taking hours to reach the point where help is needed," he said.

Aregbesola said the Osun N4bn cargo airport project was in keeping with his administration's goal of grooming its economy to become a key commercial hub.

He said, "We are still building an economy that will be privately owned. We need to banish poverty by empowering Nigerians to earn their sustenance.

"Having the cargo airport in Osun is important because it will be an incentive to investors instead of the unattractive roads and the danger they portend.

"Osun is the heartland of 33million Yoruba people in the world. Imagine 200,000 visitors coming to Osun in a year and spending $I,000 each, that is $200m. It will amortise the investment on the airport.

"We said at the outset that we will run an unusual government. Having an airport in Osun should not even be a problem because it had the first airstrip in Nigeria according to history."

He also said that the state had boosted its agricultural sector through its periodic feeding of pupils.

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/ngf-crisis-was-planned-aregbesola/
kkkp: .
SwTonia: Hmm action film who b d actor nd boss
Delivery Man:

BUSTED BANNED AND REJECTED. 5TH SHA grin
dridowu: Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola go talk he own
8 him or like him, i gbadun ds man
undecided
rozayx5: When he finishes renovating the Dirty and collapsing primary schools in his State then he can come and focus on NGF nansense undecided undecided
grin grin grin
cupid4ig: All this people Sef smh sad
Monzuur: Dat awkward moment wen ur surest pal dey take u wash coz he dey hunt beta chicks paz u..No laylay
stan-ogb:
well
Ijogz K: I just pity those who are expecting a free and fair election come 2015. cry

Though am beginning to like GEJ sha cheesy
Brimmie: [size=30]OP, Point Of Correction!! Not Osun State Bt State Of Osun[/size]
undecided
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by SwTonia(f): 9:49am On Jul 06, 2013
Hmm action film who b d actor nd boss
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2013
kkkp: .

BUSTED BANNED AND REJECTED. 5TH SHA grin
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by dridowu: 9:52am On Jul 06, 2013
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola go talk he own
8 him or like him, i gbadun ds man

1 Like

Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by GANDALF1(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2013
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by rozayx5(m): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2013
When he finishes renovating the Dirty and collapsing primary schools in his State then he can come and focus on NGF nansense undecided undecided
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by cupid4ig(m): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2013
All this people Sef smh sad
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Rooneyboy(m): 9:55am On Jul 06, 2013
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by stanogb(m): 9:55am On Jul 06, 2013
well, it is disheartening and absurd to hear such a comment from a distinguished cohesive apparatus of a state. Everyone should know that every thing happening in the NGF scenerio is not planned. It will be lugubrious to think that all these jobs being lost and ministerial nominees cancelled as a result of this crisis is a mere soap-opera. The presidency and other parties involved should please embrace peace and tranquility to avoid BLOODSHED and stop acting insouciant.
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Monzuur(m): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2013
Dat awkward moment wen ur surest pal dey take u wash coz he dey hunt beta chicks paz u..No laylay
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 06, 2013
I just pity those who are expecting a free and fair election come 2015. cry

Though am beginning to like GEJ sha cheesy
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Brimmie(m): 10:07am On Jul 06, 2013
[size=30]OP, Point Of Correction!! Not Osun State Bt State Of Osun[/size]

2 Likes

Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 06, 2013
C'mon planned by who.....hit the nail on d ahead if u re a man....stop beating around d bush
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by lacasa: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2013
I Hate 9ja: C'mon planned by who.....hit the nail on d ahead if u re a man....stop beating around d bush

Isn't it obvious sad
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by AbuMikey(m): 10:37am On Jul 06, 2013
E nor con concern me again!!
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by searay(m): 10:57am On Jul 06, 2013
Commentless
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by shereef19: 11:15am On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been suffering
in silence while our Leaders put our future in
their bank accounts. How can we remain like
this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40
and still your future is as bleak as a dark room.
Did your parents send you to school to sit at
home because our Government have failed us.
Let us come out one day and say No. We must
not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to
find a better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck it
dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we need rebuild this
nation, we will vacate those who stand on our
way as they are considered the enemy. A man
cannot have billions of naira while millions of
youths roam the streets every day looking for
daily bread. Our young men must not all be
kidnappers, our young girls must not all be
prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our
Government listens is violence, they have shown
it to the Niger delta militants and now they are
planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a
simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed was rejected and you pay militants
N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as
minimum wage? How much do they pay to
elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria
will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq,
Egypt and Tunisia...please spread this message
unless you want to die in poverty in a country
where God has destined all of us to be happy and
prosperous...!!!pls join the group on facebook
tagged "nigerian youths movement for
revolution" Pls send this msg to all ur forum,
groups on facebook, 2go, whatsapp, twitter, and
social messengers, cos anytin can happen o!!!
The time is right for us all to say no bad
governance who take the youths for grante

4 Likes

Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by ddeola: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2013
It is obvious because some people (Undemocratic fee-dee-fee elements) have declared the winner of the election before the election,so the result of the election doesn't change anything to them
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by princewoles: 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
Pygru: undecided
grin grin grin undecided
Nonsence what is State of OSun. Na over do and too know dey kill Naija ppl
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by princewoles: 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
[quote author=Pygru] undecided
grin grin grin undecided[/quote
Go and eat
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by princewoles: 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Brimmie: [size=30]OP, Point Of Correction!! Not Osun State Bt State Of Osun[/size]
What is State of Osun,na over sabi and too know dey kill Naija ppl.
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Youngtekkey(m): 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
i just love this dude he is such a man that will speak truth no matter what
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
talk is cheap!
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by okpukmbat: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
He brought OYES d FG copy it an name their own SURE~P,YOUWIN an so on,he as issued laptop to secondary skool d FG wil soon copy, wit d dual carrage on in osogbo,drainage in ilesha,ogbeni go i give you my support.
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by Youngtekkey(m): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
okpukmbat: He brought OYES d FG copy it an name their own SURE~P,YOUWIN an so on,he as issued laptop to secondary skool d FG wil soon copy, wit d dual carrage on in osogbo,drainage in ilesha,ogbeni go i give you my support.
broz u talk true i can't believe there are still people whose sanity is still ok and see that this guy is doing great job than all those idiots splitting rubbish ogbeni u gat my support too oooooo
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by toms94(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
the scariest thing is Nigeria is already in election mood yet 14 cums b4 15,the govs n GEJ all av neglected their duty n kip goin around seeking second term in office....#waiting for season2 sha!!
Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by aikeron: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
okpukmbat: He brought OYES d FG copy it an name their own SURE~P,YOUWIN an so on,he as issued laptop to secondary skool d FG wil soon copy, wit d dual carrage on in osogbo,drainage in ilesha,ogbeni go i give you my support.

2 Likes

Re: NGF Crisis Was Planned -aregbesola by ypeace: 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
@Aikeron....... Please do u liv or visit osun at regular interval? If u do den i tink only hatred wud mak u mak such comments..... We may not be THERE yet in osun buh atleast everybody is seeing the progressive change. This govt has layed a very good nd solid foundation for the comin govt dats if the comin gvt is ready to see........ Rome isnt built it a day, buh i knw the whole world we see wen dis foundation is raised up to a solid-giant and beuriful buildin......peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States / PDP Conspiring With Reps To Impeach GEJ - S’South Leaders / See How Nigerian Army Torture Boko Harams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.