Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. (2644 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Please, How Can I Set Her Right? / Funny Pictures Of Kids And Their Dads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by remecy(f): 11:09am On Jul 06, 2013
This is not a movie script. It happened in the earl hours of today sat 6th July.
We heard noise in the hood with a man hitting a gate and asking the occupant to release the woman cos they were hiding her.
We came out as early as 4.30am and saw a house on fire. The woman (with 5 grown up boys and her last kid in the uni) of house actually set her own house on fire, locked her entire family inside with the keys with her made sure the house had started burning before she left the scene. The family managed to escape the fire with a foam they used to cover in turns. The question on everyones lips even as at now is WHY WOULD SHE WANT HER ENTIRE FAMILY DEAD, even the ones she Carried in her womb for 9mths? No matter what the hubby has done. Mind you this union is over 30yrs.
If someone can do this to her family she has nurtured for this long how about a stranger who offends her? This world is wicked.
The woman ran and i learnt she was later caught, while threating another person with same fire,and is now in police custody.(don't how true).This happened in abuja today. Am sorry i did not take pics. But am sure news will air it.
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by EfemenaXY: 11:22am On Jul 06, 2013
Depression? Mental issues? Sounds like she's lost it and needs help.
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by texaco1: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2013
grin
nairaland tales by moonlight
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by remecy(f): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: Depression? Mental issues? Sounds like she's lost it and needs help.

pple said she is so wicked. She and her hubby don't eat from same pot. The little girl of abt 14yrs with her, she has burnt with hot iron several times and even given her kerosene to drink. Na whao. She is a woman leader in d church
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by remecy(f): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
texaco1: grin
nairaland tales by moonlight
your opinion. If i wasn't there either, i would not believe it. Its real.
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by EfemenaXY: 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
remecy:
pple said she is so wicked. She and her hubby don't eat from same pot. The little girl of abt 14yrs with her, she has burnt with hot iron several times and even given her kerosene to drink. Na whao. She is a woman leader in d church

Goes further to prove that she's got issues, probably a mental breakdown and seriously needs help.

Being a church leader makes no difference. As long as she's human, which she is, she like every other person is subject to falling ill. Our Nigerian society needs to understand that there's no shame in having mental issues. The stigma needs to be done away with and replaced with understanding and a willingness to help out those in need. They are vulnerable.

To further butress my point, if she were assessed by a psychologist / medical practitioner and diagnosed with a mental disorder, whatever crime she committed be it razing the family home to ashes, etc, would not hold up in court. She would be sectioned to receive the appropriate medical help.

1 Like

Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2013
I was going to ask if there was a gradual build up to this or if she just snapped one day.
Your last post answered me.
She has a "god" complex, feels everyone else is always wrong an she is write and people who go against what she want have to be "punished" when she does one and gets away with it she takes it to a higher level.
People like that need to get help it not for spouses to pray fast and endure, they will kill somebody and feel justified for killing them.
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by remecy(f): 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
We don't know her health history as the family is counting their lose . The hubby of over 60yrs of age is sitting weeping.
As for weather, the incident was planed or whatever we don't know. May God help us.
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
My brother its not crying or praying time, let her go and get mental health treatment.
The woman will be very "remorseful" now, crying and begging, they shouldn't fall for the tears oh.
Tomorrow she will do something worse.
Let her sort herself out without them. She doesn't deserve a family
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by EfemenaXY: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
^^ I'm beginning to think that this woman might even be schizophrenic...
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by remecy(f): 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
debrief08: My brother its not crying or praying time, let her go and get mental health treatment.
The woman will be very "remorseful" now, crying and begging, they shouldn't fall for the tears oh.
Tomorrow she will do something worse.
Let her sort herself out without them. She doesn't deserve a family
she is not even remosful, rather she was threating another with same fate. She was already headed to the village as early as that time.I learnt she is now under police custody.
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by demmyzenny(m): 3:56am On Aug 04, 2013
Am sorry for not contribute to dis thread since all dis while, the incident happen in my area,very close to my house self. Dutse Baupma off redeemed street, I was witness d seen myself... I don't know dat Nairalanders are everywhere ooo.

1 Like

Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2013
Multiple identity. Schizo I think. Why was she not taking to hospital or r they prayin and fasting about it?
Don't be suprised it started from her childhood.
What do u expect in a country where everything is always taken for granted.
The husband may not know but the children r exposed to modern things, thewy would hv done something.
Maybe they r doing something, I can never tell. Its so sad.
Nigerians believe that the only pple that hv mental problems r the naked mad pple on the road. We still hv a long way to go.
Remecy, u guys should pls go and console the family and help out anyway u can.
I so much feel for them.
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2013
remecy:
she is not even remosful, rather she was threating another with same fate. She was already headed to the village as early as that time.I learnt she is now under police custody.
Police as in nigerian police? That woman is very sick and needs drug and proper mental evaluation. The children should use that so that she will be bundled to d hospital.
Their mum is not well,sentiment by d side pls.
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by rita25(f): 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
OP are u lying?
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2016
rita25:
OP are u lying?

Rita, this thread is almost 3-years-old. wink
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by rita25(f): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
OK
Siena:

Rita, this thread is almost 3-years-old. wink
Re: A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. by gbens2000(m): 4:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
In Nigeria we focuse more on the sickness that affect our body,but ryt nw the biggest sickness in the world are those with mental issues,they work normal act normal but they are sick in the head.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things That Will Make Your Husband Love You More / If You Find Out That Your Child Is Not Actually Yours, What Will You Do ? (men) / Please Any Baby Stuff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.