Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? (2549 Views)

Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? / Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / Submission In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by naijamomdiary(f): 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
Please Naija mum,I want to use this medium to ask this question. I was arguing with a male colleague at work on friday, which should come first, a wife's submission to her husband or a husband to love his wife? According to him, he said in the bible, wifes'  were addressed first to submit to their husbands before telling husbands to love their wifes' as Christ loved the church. In my opinion, I think Love should come first because  if husbands were commanded to love their wives as Christ loved the church,he died for our sins and  that's the greatest sacrifice of all,so what do you think?‎

4 Likes

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by 5minsmadness: 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
A man's love should make a woman submit to him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Omotayor123(f): 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
Love should come first.. Submission automatically follows!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by lilmax(m): 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
Love is always first,a man goes to a woman through love and not force

1 Like

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by TooNoisy(f): 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
Both commandments are independent of each other okay. They are both commandments and neither should come first. Both are expected at all times.

A man should not expect his wife to submit first before showing love. How can you be married and not love your wife? How silly can people be. So you will wait for your wife to submit first before you love her? Why marry someone you don't love? Why do you have to wait for her to submit before showing love? Love can always be assumed and demanded in marriage.

A woman should submit to her husband - it is a commandment from God. Submission comes from respect. How can a woman marry a man she cannot respect. The bible says we should submit yourselves one to another. If a woman does not respect and cannot submit to her man, then she has no business being married to the man.

No one should wait for the other to make the first move. This is marriage, the two are one; not two people in competition or trying to prove a point. A sad husband will always create a sad wife, a sad wife will create a sad husband. So each person is expected to play their part all the time and not always wait for the other person first.

All this love and submission should have been dealt with during courtship or dating. By the time it gets to marriage, all these things come become automatic!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by baba11(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
Omotayor123:
Love should come first.. Submission automatically follows!!
It's easier said than done....how many lady nowadays is ready to be submissive.... especially if they're prosperous than the husband shocked
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
None.

A man & woman is suppose to exhibit both love & submission at the same time.

OR are you saying a woman can't love the man she's married to
Submission is reciprocal and both gender are suppose to reciprocate it according to the bible.

Except the word submission means entirely another thing to Africans. Hehee! grin

8 Likes

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
All this "emotional blackmail" prevalent in marriages. Why does any have to categorically come first? Are they mutually exclusive? Can't they coexist and thrive together?

Isn't marriage no longer a partnership?
Is the woman not supposed to love her husband too or is the man not supposed to respect her as well (I prefer the word RESPECT to submission)?

Man and wife should love and "submit" to each other.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Man and wife should love and submit to each other.

3 Likes

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
My woman submits without her even knowing it. I've even stopped making a fuss out such issues. But I do know that whenever I sense what I may describe as not submitting, I may have done something amiss. That's how we've been rolling for years now.

The more a man grows and matures, the less time and attention he pays to submission issues. We've grown beyond that.

Gone are the days I'll seek out where and when to accuse her of not being submissive. The average woman stays on her lane if you stay on yours.

6 Likes

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2015
FrancisTony:
None.

A man & woman is suppose to exhibit both love & submission at the same time.

OR are you saying a woman can't love the man she's married to
Submission is reciprocal and both gender are suppose to reciprocate it according to the bible.

Except the word submission means entirely another thing to Africans. Hehee! grin

What is this boy saying undecided undecided Mtschew

4 Likes

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
njokusboy:

What is this boy saying undecided undecided Mtschew
Why is this one quoting me?. undecided undecided Use your brain.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
FrancisTony:

Why is this one quoting me?. undecided undecided
Use your brain.

You don get liver sha...

1 Like

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by herald9: 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mtsheeew.... Much Ado about nothing.
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
herald9:
Mtsheeew.... Much Ado about nothing.
Welcome to family section. gringrin
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:
My woman submits without her even knowing it. I've even stopped making a fuss out such issues. But I do know that whenever I sense what I may describe as not submitting, I may have done something amiss. That's how we've been rolling for years now.

The more a man grows and matures, the less time and attention he pays to submission issues. We've grown beyond that.

Gone are the days I'll seek out where and when to accuse her of not being submissive. The average woman stays on her lane if you stay on yours.
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by IntelligentEze: 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
Women don't submit anymore

An example is my own mother.

It's my birthday.can I get some likes.GOD THAT MADE ME SEE TODAY WILL SEE YOU AT THE POINT OF YOUR NEEDS IN JESUS NAME
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by cococandy(f): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
Lol @staying in her own lane. cheesy

You're right though about the maturity thing.
I hardly see the more mature guys yapping about submission.
I guess experience had taught them that respect (or submission as we put it) is reciprocal.

dearpreye:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Omotayor123(f): 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2015
baba11:

It's easier said than done....how many lady nowadays is ready to be submissive.... especially if they're prosperous than the husband shocked
Trust me... Shower a lady with love and she will cherish you.
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by baba11(m): 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
Omotayor123:

Trust me... Shower a lady with love and she will cherish you.
OK....I don hear shocked
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by bukatyne(f): 11:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
All these marriage threads....

Is it in celebration of couples married today grin

Love comes first and the wheel starts turning though in practice, there is really no defining line.
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Pidggin(f): 11:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
5minsmadness:
A man's love should make a woman submit to him.
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
A Mans love. Its hard to submit to someone who doesnt love you and wont respect you.

1 Like

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Waladade4luv(m): 12:03am On Nov 08, 2015
U av argued this well with my woman too that when bible say husbands should love thier wivies should this be applicable to the husband alone? Shouldnt the wife love her husband too? If so must it be the husband that should first love? U know aw our ladies can feel when they know that u too love them more than they do to u
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by SAMBARRY: 7:34am On Nov 08, 2015
Shey etunde laro yi cheesy
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by gostartit(m): 8:03am On Nov 08, 2015
A wife submission should come first and the husband's love will follow naturally.

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by ifyalways(f): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2015
I submit only when you love and respect me. I dey give as I dey receive Biko. Draw draw no winner cheesy

I no know Maths but both are simultaneous equation, IMO.

1 Like

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
cococandy:
Lol @staying in her own lane. cheesy

You're right though about the maturity thing.
I hardly see the more mature guys yapping about submission.
I guess experience had taught them that respect (or submission as we put it) is reciprocal.

Good afternoon. Yes. Experience has taught them that lesson. And that's the way I roll with my woman. Seriously, I'm not too into that submission thing. I do my parole so well she has no struggle staying on he lane.

2 Likes

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
ifyalways:
I submit only when you love and respect me. I dey give as I dey receive Biko. Draw draw no winner cheesy

I no know Maths but both are simultaneous equation, IMO.
Guys are talking quadratic equations here with complex algorithms. Whether love should come first or submission.... All I know is that, 2a always comes before 2b or 2c. Love before submission.,, L before S....hahaahaha.

Yarning bullcraps.!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
All this "emotional blackmail" prevalent in marriages. Why does any have to categorically come first? Are they mutually exclusive? Can't they coexist and thrive together?

Isn't marriage no longer a partnership?
Is the woman not supposed to love her husband too or is the man not supposed to respect her as well (I prefer the word RESPECT to submission)?

Man and wife should love and "submit" to each other.
You're married
Re: A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? by Stillfire: 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
You cannot say you love without submitting to your partner.
Love is the principal thing. Not talking about hollywood butterflies in the belly kinda love.
But love as defined in the bible. That is the principle I have fashioned my life by and it has worked for me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Funny Difference Between Rich, Poor And Middle Class / Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work / I Am A One Minute Man!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.