Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here (4701 Views)

Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) / Housewife Dies Rescuing Electrocuted Mate / Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 07, 2013
Another hungry-man story. Mschew.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2013
I don't understand how y'all see this issue, but the kinda friends I have sha.. .

hmmmm.
I'd do more than the op if I visited.
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Daresh(f): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2013
All these long throat Ppl that will come to someones house and be making noise. I trust me ni, anything I give you, you eat. If you not want, drop am comot. Don't start causing trouble in someones house because of fish/meat. angry
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 07, 2013
Aye!! Obirin!!! NLers!! AH!

I smh @some posters here, no be the same set of posters here lashed one wife here for claiming her territory ( her pot of soup and kitchen) and called her razz and all sort ??

What is the big deal giving the guy what he wants, he doesn't eat fish, why spite him, sebi he's a guest and family? Abi because she's got the man , she thinks it's okay to be rude to them now? It's not fair oh!

You can't control how people behave ehn , what's so difficult behaving right and treat people with respect ehn?

So provided ops uncles house is the only place he can crash , he should stop going there just cause he's married to a winch ?

Ko buru ( no problemo) everybody will reap what they sow.

@OP , God will bless you, go there crash and leave shikena! Don't give her that satisfaction to get rid of you. He's your uncle. These gold diggers opportunists claiming territories they lack in their fathers house, SHIOR!!!!'n

9 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 07, 2013
How is she "evil"?
A man visits their home everytime is always looking for faults because to him all women arde good for is to eat and reproduce (notice the title "housewife not wife, he has already mentioned thay her husband turns a blind eye to her "faults"wink meaning he goes there to note her faults and expects her husband to abuse her or scold her in his presence for his satisfaction. Does he know how they handle their issues?
Any man who will go to anybodys house and be looking at the maids plate coverting her meat needs help.
There is nothing evil with the woman, she has just had enough of his longer throat and fault finding.
His uncle is not into the "our wife" thing, he didn't marry a slave for them to be rude to and maltreat hence ignoring my OP's endless fault reporting

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2013
What do y'all expect the uncle to do Abeg oh? This is a tongue tied situation for any man so please lets not use uncle's ' pretentious blind eye' to score cheap points here.

Me I'm going back to bed jare.
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by vivianc(f): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2013
@Efe: I quite disagree with you. This guy isn't complaining about The quantity of whatever she gave to him. He doesn't eaT fish, and The woman knows very well, so why give him fish? When There is meat?
Honestly, if I don't want someone in my house, I will woman up and Tell him, not send subtle message.

Don't support This, it is wrong!

And I'm noT wrong about what I said about some wives, this is how it all starTs.
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by eagleeye2: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2013
Op,
If you are a " virile young man" as you claimed, I will suggest you get a job and start feeding yourself before going to your uncles place..
I really don't understand how people (relations and friends) don't get it that once a guy/babe marries, you should at least respect that fact. What stops op from staying away from"uncle" for a while at least give the couples time to enjoy their young marriage (I am assuming op's uncle is not married for up to 5years).
I have uncles and cousins and friends who have gone ahead to get married and once they get hitched I stay away from them. What they will be saying is "hey, Eagle you have been avoiding us".
It is better to hear, " It's been long I saw you" than to hear "Have you come again"....
Op, have some self respect and stay away from the couples, before you become a reason why they are fighting.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by vivianc(f): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2013
jidegirl12: Aye!! Obirin!!! NLers!! AH!

I smh @some posters here, no be the same set of posters here lashed one wife here for claiming her territory ( her pot of soup and kitchen) and called her razz and all sort ??

What is the big deal giving the guy what he wants, he doesn't eat fish, why spite him, sebi he's a guest and family? Abi because she's got the man , she thinks it's okay to be rude to them now? It's not fair oh!

You can't control how people behave ehn , what's so difficult behaving right and treat people with respect ehn?

So provided ops uncles house is the only place he can crash , he should stop going there just cause he's married to a winch ?

@OP , God will bless you, go there crash and leave shikena! Don't give her that satisfaction to get rid of you. He's your uncle. These gold diggers opportunists claiming territories they lack in their fathers house, SHIOR!!!!'n

That is eh, my sister I Tire.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by EfemenaXY: 10:21am On Jul 07, 2013

Jide, this guy's been slowly and steadily 'picking' at the edge of the cloth if you know what I mean. And wifey knows it and sees through him. There is only so much a person can tolerate.

You have to understand that as a young, married couple, they are very much in their 'honeymoon' phase. I don't think they even have kids yet, otherwise this guy would have mentioned it. They need their space. It's not the crime of the century.

Yet despite all that, they've still welcomed him there. He's a frequent visitor there. As a visitor, he should know his place and show some respect. Even if he was once his uncle's number one priority, he no longer is. Wifey is and rightly so.

jidegirl12: You can't control how people behave ehn , what's so difficult behaving right and treat people with respect ehn?

Respect, is earned. No one dishes it out on a plate.

From what he's posted, he see's the wife in a negative light and always has, right from the word go. Trust me, if they were on very good terms, this guy won't be here complaining. Everything he's written about her here is negative and judgemental. Nothing positive. How then do you expect her to react? Is she not human also??

What gives him the right? This is just another case of my brother's house!

jidegirl12: So provided ops uncles house is the only place he can crash , he should stop going there just cause he's married to a winch ?

He described himself as a virile young man! Wetin virile young man dey do for im uncle's pad, struggling for pieces of fish / meat? Can he not use his virilness to go out there and hustle? For his own place? Earn his own keep so he can eat as much fish as he wants? Even if it means all the fishes from the River Niger and Benue plus Lake Chad join??

Abeg make we hear better thing jare.

jidegirl12: @OP , God will bless you, go there crash and leave shikena! Don't give her that satisfaction to get rid of you. He's your uncle. These gold diggers opportunists claiming territories they lack in their fathers house, SHIOR!!!!'n

What makes her a gold digger? Refusal to give him extra meat / fish?? grin grin

See, this is what I dislike about most youths today...acting as though the world owes them something. Mr Virile Young Man should get off his a$$ and go get married if he so wishes, get his place and more importantly, get his own cooking pot.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 07, 2013

you are right sister jide cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by EfemenaXY: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2013
vivianc: @Efe: I quite disagree with you. This guy isn't complaining about The quantity of whatever she gave to him. He doesn't eaT fish, and The woman knows very well, so why give him fish? When There is meat?
Honestly, if I don't want someone in my house, I will woman up and Tell him, not send subtle message.

Don't support This, it is wrong!

And I'm noT wrong about what I said about some wives, this is how it all starTs.

I support visitors learning manners and showing some respect. As long as he's a guest in that house, it's not for him to dictate to her what he wants. It's not his place. He's not her husband. His place is to accept whatever he's given AND if he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is!

Come to think of it, how do we even know that the fish left in that pot was probably for her husband? I mean, if the husband like him, doesn't like meat just fish, and there's only one piece of fish left in the pots and loads of meat, what should she do?

Would you advice her to give @OP the only fish and then give her hubby meat?? eh?

One thing I dislike are men that open their mouths wide, yapping more than gossipy women. This woman (smart lady) don study am and knows his type.

She probably knows that no matter what she says, this guy would twist her words to his advantage and go still report her to his uncle, with: "Uncle, yesterday, when I dey wait for my food, madam said this, that, those...."

So why give him the satisfaction. Rather than exchange words with him, she's taken it up one level to 'show' him that he's not welcome.

I think I might even know the whole gist of the story sef!

1. @OP visits impromptu (not planned). He did it on purpose because he wanted to catch wifey out and put her on the spot.

2. Wifey, being the good woman she is, chose not to complain but accommodate his excess. If she knew he was coming, she would have been better prepared for his visit.

3. So what does she do? Rather than complain or say to him, "Bros, food nor dey o! I nor know say you dey come..." she serves him with the little they have. (see how generous she is?)

4. Unfortunately, there's only one piece of stockfish in the cooking pot, and she's saving it for Oga when he comes back.

5. So to placate @OP, she compensates the lack of stockfish by giving him plenty of meat.

6. But rather than say "thank you aunty", the little ingrate looks at the maid's plate, compares the size, colour, texture and shape of his meat to hers.

7. He wants a battle of words to 'show' wifey her wrong doing. Wifey respects herself and keeps quiet.

8. Still not satisfied, @OP is fuming and waits for 'uncle' to come back from work.

9. As soon as uncle arrives, tired and needing a rest, @OP rushes through the door with breakneck speed to reach uncle first.

10. Uncle listens patiently to his yapping, and like wifey, says nothing about the matter.

Now how's that for the full version of events?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 07, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Jide, this guy's been slowly and steadily 'picking' at the edge of the cloth if you know what I mean. And wifey knows it and sees through him. There is only so much a person can tolerate.

You have to understand that as a young, married couple, they are very much in their 'honeymoon' phase. I don't think they even have kids yet, otherwise this guy would have mentioned it. They need their space. It's not the crime of the century.

Yet despite all that, they've still welcomed him there. He's a frequent visitor there. As a visitor, he should know his place and show some respect. Even if he was once his uncle's number one priority, he no longer is. Wifey is and rightly so.

Respect, is earned. No one dishes it out on a plate.

From what he's posted, he see's the wife in a negative light and always has, right from the word go. Trust me, if they were on very good terms, this guy won't be here complaining. Everything he's written about her here is negative and judgemental. Nothing positive. How then do you expect her to react? Is she not human also??

What gives him the right? This is just another case of my brother's house!

He described himself as a virile young man! Wetin virile young man dey do for im uncle's pad, struggling for pieces of fish / meat? Can he not use his virilness to go out there and hustle? For his own place? Earn his own keep so he can eat as much fish as he wants? Even if it means all the fishes from the River Niger and Benue plus Lake Chad join??

Abeg make we hear better thing jare.

What makes her a gold digger? Refusal to give him extra meat / fish?? grin grin

See, this is what I dislike about most youths today...acting as though the world owes them something. Mr Virile Young Man should get off his a$$ and go get married if he so wishes, get his place and more importantly, get his own cooking pot.
efe rora.aye ole to yi.take am easycheesy yorubas say ile nyo.he is a visitor na,treat him like a king just for that day,its not like he will come tomorrow.treat visitors well because you dont know when your kids will need help and from who and you will not be able to come to their rescue because of circumstances beyond your control.you arent doing good because of today,you are doing it for tomorrow and the sale of your kids because one day your kids will grow up and leave home and others will treat them just the way you treat people that come around you.take e easy o joo,dakun cheesywink
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by vivianc(f): 10:49am On Jul 07, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I support visitors learning manners and showing some respect. As long as he's a guest in that house, it's not for him to dictate to her what he wants. It's not his place. He's not her husband. His place is to accept whatever he's given AND if he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is!

Come to think of it, how do we even know that the fish left in that pot was probably for her husband? I mean, if the husband like him, doesn't like meat just fish, and there's only one piece of fish left in the pots and loads of meat, what should she do?

Would you advice her to give @OP the only fish and then give her hubby meat?? eh?

One thing I dislike are men that open their mouths wide, yapping more than gossipy women. This woman (smart lady) don study am and knows his type.

She probably knows that no matter what she says, this guy would twist her words to his advantage and go still report her to his uncle, with: "Uncle, yesterday, when I dey wait for my food, madam said this, that, those...."

So why give him the satisfaction. Rather than exchange words with him, she's taken it up one level to 'show' him that he's not welcome.

1. @OP visits impromptu (not planned). He did it on purpose because he wanted to catch wifey out and put her on the spot.
2. Wifey, being the good woman she is, chose not to complain but accommodate his excess. If she knew he was coming, she would have been better prepared for his visit.
3. So what does she do? Rather than complain or say to him, "Bros, food nor dey o! I nor know say you dey come..." she serves him with the little they have. (see how generous she is?)
4. Unfortunately, there's only one piece of stockfish in the cooking pot, and she's saving it for Oga when he comes back.
5. So to placate @OP, she compensates the lack of stockfish by giving him plenty of meat.
6. But rather than say "thank you aunty", the little ingrate looks at the maid's plate, compares the size, colour, texture and shape of his meat to hers.
7. He wants a battle of words to 'show' wife her wrong doing. Wifey respects herself and keeps quiet.
8. Still not satisfied, @OP is fuming and waits for 'uncle' to come back from work.
9. As soon as uncle arrives, tired and needing a rest, @OP rushes through the door with breakneck speed to reach uncle first.
10. Uncle listens patiently to his yapping, and like wifey, says nothing about the matter.

grin grin You don't even know what you are arguing about, Efe. You just rushed To comment withouT reading The post very well. So I'd advice you go back and read thaT post very well, Then comment cos all These Things you wrote here are ouT of context.

You keep repeating he was asking for extra meat or fish. You are wrong, he wasn't. He doesn't eat fish and this woman gave him fish knowing fully well he doesn't eat fish.

Secondly, he did noT complain To The husband, he simply called the wife's aTtention To iT Thinking iT was an error, buT she ignored him.

Why are u getting your stories from?

This guy did noT say anyThing bad abouT this woman, or did u miss The part he said he "she used to be nice and comely?"

Of course, even Steve Wonder would notice when a "nice and comely" woman starts changing, its not actually rocket science.

Pls don't add to The story in order to make your poinTs look good.

That post was liTeral and noT figurative. So let's on course ok?

9 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 07, 2013
Efemena_xy:

7. He wants a battle of words to 'show' wifey her wrong doing. Wifey respects herself and keeps quiet.

i dont think he was doing that to stir up conflict the way you are making it appear na cheesy
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 07, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Bwahahaha! Don't mind the nuisance. He's so comfortable in his role as her second husband that he can now complain about the quality of what she put on his plate? He visits a lot, he eats a full meal when he visits, this has been going on for over a year.... honestly give this woman her angel wings right now. If it were me, I would have long weaned him off my food the way you wean a baby off the bottle! If you can't make do with chin chin and coke when you visit, you can go find another uncle's wife to turn into your personal cook and butler. Ain't nobody got time for dat!! What an assclown!

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2013
Mustay:

How do we know madam purposely gave him fish (to spite him)

See all the big grammar fish cause. If the Oga at the top says nothing, you're on your own. Some things are not said with the mouth, just observe some salient messages.

Sometimes, conparing ourselves with others instead of first appreciating our favors matter, the meat may be good for a hardworking maid but the fish is more nutritious.

By the way, talking about salient messages, if she gave you ORI EJA, I bet you know what that means. wink cool
lmao grin that one is too much na.lol @ giving him ori eja grin
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by vivianc(f): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2013
kulyie: i dont think he was doing that to stir up conflict the way you are making it appear na cheesy

She has no idea whaT she is Talking about, she just made Those Things up. Go back and read that posT very well.

And I Think the wives here have formed a formidable clique based on sentiments, and the sentimenTs becloud Their reasoning. They are now representaTives of wives' race and noT the human race. I have watched with keen interest how they support whatever a wife does irrespective of how good or bad the acT is and I think it is wrong.

I love The wives and mothers here, and I respect them but sometimes The advice They give here is absurd and makes here un-conducive for young or would be wives.

That's my Take...... I'm ouTTa here.

5 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by EfemenaXY: 11:03am On Jul 07, 2013
kulyie: i dont think he was doing that to stir up conflict the way you are making it appear na cheesy

I think he was. That's why I said at the beginning he's a trouble maker. Okay, look at these:

Certified Freak: I get to visit my uncle and his wife a lot(familiarity breeds contempt). Before he got married, we were best pals and we did some pretty weird stuff back then, but things changed when he got married(judgemental. Should they not change?). The wife was amiable and comely at the beginning of the matrimony however things got a bit muddled up a year into the marriage. My visits which were sporadic once he got hooked up began to trouble the wife who took turns to make complaints about my timings to my uncle.
However, things got to a head last night (Gradual build up of the brewing storm between him and his uncle's wife) when she dished out my food(I know someone's gonna say it has to be about the tummy, but hey, I'm a young virile male who needs all the meals he can get); knowing fully well ma displeasure (add pride to that list. So who is the visitor?) of fish proceeded to serve one on my food while she gave her maid several pieces of meat to go with hers. I voiced my displeasure about this purported error (overbearing inlaw)to her but she didn't do a thing about it hence ma quandary.
Do you think it was an oversight on her part or is she ruffling my feathers with this acts of hers?
P.S My uncle notices but turns a blind eye to her excesses on most occasions

Let him take his feathers elsewhere jare.

vivianc:

grin grin You don't even know what you are arguing about, Efe. You just rushed To comment withouT reading The post very well. So I'd advice you go back and read thaT post very well, Then comment cos all These Things you wrote here are ouT of context.

You keep repeating he was asking for extra meat or fish. You are wrong, he wasn't. He doesn't eat fish and this woman gave him fish knowing fully well he doesn't eat fish.

Secondly, he did noT complain To The husband, he simply called the wife's aTtention To iT Thinking iT was an error, buT she ignored him.

Why are u getting your stories from?

This guy did noT say anyThing bad abouT this woman, or did u miss The part he said he "she used to be nice and comely?"

Of course, even Steve Wonder would notice when a "nice and comely" woman starts changing, its not actually rocket science.

Pls don't add to The story in order to make your poinTs look good.

That post was liTeral and noT figurative. So let's on course ok?

Like say you nor enjoy the story grin grin

Nah, I don read that post well-well. He has a grudge against her jare. See all the highlights I've made of his post.
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by vivianc(f): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2013
@Efe: grin grin. What's in that story To enjoy?

1 Like

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by slimyem: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I think he was. That's why I said at the beginning he's a trouble maker. Okay, look at these:

Let him take his feathers elsewhere jare.

Like say you nor enjoy the story grin grin

Nah, I don read that post well-well. He has a grudge against her jare. See all the highlights I've made of his post.
You have woven this issue out of what it really is.

While we all agree that the op needs to stay away and respect himself henceforth, all he needed to have the woman do was say something about what she served him with. I can imagine the scene on a light note not as chaotic as you have painted it.
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 07, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Am convinced that this is exactly what played out in that house grin
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by EfemenaXY: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2013
vivianc: @Efe: grin grin. What's in that story To enjoy?

What's not there to enjoy?

Abeg talk true. Today is Sunday...holy tinz.. smiley smiley

slimyem: You have woven this issue of of what it really is.

While we all agree that the op needs to stay away and respect himself henceforth, all he needed to have the woman do was say something about what she served him with. I can imagine the scene on a light note not as chaotic as you have painted it.

(Sigh)

You just don't get it, do you? Put yourself in wifey's shoes:

~ @OP is a virile young man who doesn't joke with his food nor his tummy (he already said so). That is no idle threat.

~ He monitors that cooking pot with an eagle eye. How else was he to know that there was fish in the pot and she refused to serve it to him?

~ 'Housewife' gave 'housegirl' more meat than him and better quality too. (i.e: better colour, size, texture, shape, quantity...need I continue??)

~ "Matters came to a head..." his words not mine. Meaning, today-na-today. Mr Virile Young Man eye don red and was ready to dish out some hot slaps to wifey.

~ Wifey is alone in the house with the househelp. You want her to trade words with this angry bull? And get the beating of her life for it?

No. She did the smart thing and said nothing. I would too. Wetin concern monkey/Agbero with overload?? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by EfemenaXY: 11:24am On Jul 07, 2013
byvan:

Am convinced that this is exactly what played out in that house grin

grin grin grin

My dear, na so we see am! cheesy
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 07, 2013
@ efemena i didnt know that was the situation or picture.i didnt know the op was trying or looking for an opportunity to cause trouble.in that case the wife made a mistake.she should have given him a glass of water or a bottle of fanta with no explanation and quiely walk out from the scene if that was his motive

the woman was nice,tolerant and patient if that was the whole isshhh then cheesy
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 07, 2013
Efemena_xy:

What's not there to enjoy?

Abeg talk true. Today is Sunday...holy tinz.. smiley smiley

(Sigh)

You just don't get it, do you? Put yourself in wifey's shoes:

~ @OP is a virile young man who doesn't joke with his food nor his tummy (he already said so). That is no idle threat.

~ He monitors that cooking pot with an eagle eye. How else was he to know that there was fish in the pot and she refused to serve it to him?

~ 'Housewife' gave 'housegirl' more meat than him and better quality too. (i.e: better colour, size, texture, shape, quantity...need I continue??)

~ "Matters came to a head..." his words not mine. Meaning, today-na-today. Mr Virile Young Man eye don red and was ready to dish out some hot slaps to wifey.

~ Wifey is alone in the house with the househelp. You want her to trade words with this angry bull? And get the beating of her life for it?

No. She did the smart thing and said nothing. I would too. Wetin concern monkey/Agbero with overload?? lipsrsealed undecided

in that case her silence was actually golden 8-)
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
debrief08: Kuylie, we don't get to determine how people behave we can only control our own attitude.
If her husband didn't react then it means He also has had enough of the ops attitude.
People should learn self respect
i get your analysis now
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
Doesn't the wife have other pressing matters to think about than to remember that the OP doesn't like fish. I sure the tone he used in telling the wife she knows he doesn't like fish is what made her ignore him.... going to your uncle's house to form entitled, next thing he'll come and nag about how he prefers drumstick to chicken breast.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
undecidedGosh shocked this guy should have respect for himself na, I wonder why people should complain so much about Food? Its still going to end up inside the toilet after eating it. I know its a necessity for survival, but then you shouldn't go to people's home to complain about the quantity given to you. If you can't bear it anymore, stop visiting your uncle and stay in your house,prepare the quantity of food and meat you desire in your house and eat to your satisfaction. If you don't know how to cook ask your girlfriend or wife to do that for you. I won't judge the woman because she is married and I have never been married so I don't know how it feels to be in her shoes. Just try and have little respect for yourself, haba you went as far as using the maid's food to compare yours. You have belittle yourself in presence of the maid and when you leave there is a possibility madam and the maid will talk and yab you. Open your eyes joor which kan hunger dey worry you sef. Never been in your shoes, but my advice is stop visiting excerpt you were invited.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
So dem give u food u still dey complain? And correct fish manage enter sef. . . U dey eye househelp meat. If na me, na water u for drink belleful. How we sure say u no even harrass the poor househelp to submit the meat or she chop slap. . .Mtcheeeww! orisirisi.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Vivanc, Sorry if it comes accross as if some Wives are harsh on this issue, its not that, just that you will face "In Laws" who love it when they can cause friction in the home over unnecessary issues.
Believe me, we all want to be good wives and be in good terms with every in law but dear some people will push you.
You can't please everyone some will always find faults regardless of what you do.
The Poster even from the way he told the story came accross as a fault finder who expects his uncle to openly scold his wife so he can see and be pleased.
The sour point in this story for me is comparing his meal with thay of the maids, haba for what na?
Anyway, hopefully he will learn to cook and eat as much meat as he needs, cooking is good for everyone so we avoid situations like this.
Re: Is This A Blatant Housewife Oversight Or Am I Reading Meanings Into Nothing Here by deols(f): 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Is that woman for real??

So because he is married to her now, his family members must stay away?

If she wouldnt deal with them, why marry into their family?

oh God!! She is truly a winch.

was she going to starve him by serving him fish? what if he has allergies to it, it didnt matter if he died ehn?

Some women sha. B4 you know it o, she'll start to cry that her in-laws hate her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) / African Mother Marries Her Own Son. / Difference Between A Man And A Woman At Bed Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.