Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting (1349 Views)

PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting / Buhari Dares Tinubu, Sacks EFCC Chairman. Pic: Sack Letter / Buhari - Only Death Will Stop Me From Contesting In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by Maxymilliano(m): 7:05am On Jul 07, 2013

A HOUSE of Representatives member, Opeyemi Bamidele, on Saturday, disagreed with the leadership of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) that he should drop his governorship ambition in the 2014 election for incumbent governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

The leadership of the party, including its national chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, among others, were at Ado Ekiti during the week where they endorsed Fayemi for a second term and advised Bamidele to “mellow down”.

But Bamidele, while addressing his supporters, Saturday, said he is not ready to step down for Fayemi and vowed to forge ahead with his ambition.

The lawmaker, who will turn 50 on July 29, said he had decided to shelve his 50th birthday celebration in honour of Ekiti people, whom, he said, are still languishing inpoverty. “I cannot be celebrating a birthday in the midst of poverty,” he said.

Speaking at his office on the platform of Ekiti Bibiire Coalition, Bamidele, who represents Ado-Irepodun/Ifelodun Federal
Constituency, said nobody, can stop him from contesting against Fayemi.

He said he remains unperturbed despite Fayemi’s endorsement. According to him, “It is only God that crowns the king.”

Speaking on the peace parley championed by Tinubu and Akande, where Fayemi was endorsed, Bamidele, said: “I was invited for the meeting, but I got the text message late. But my argument still remains that Tinubu did not endorse Fayemi at the meeting.

“The Tinubu that I know will not take any step that will undermine democracy. So, what was reported was not what Tinubu said. The Tinubu I know wants Ekiti people to take their own decision and not be imposed upon.”

The federal lawmaker did not mention the political party under which he would advance his political ambition, saying the platform will be known soon.

He, however, said he has enormous respect for the ACN leader, under whom he served as Special Adviser in Lagos State, revealing that he is not contesting the coming governorship election out of his own personal conviction, but on the request of Ekiti people.

He said that he would not be desperate in his bid to become the governor of the state by carrying lethal weapons to hunt his political opponents in the name of politics.

Bamidele asked his supporters: “Were you not the one that called me to come and contest?” They answered: “We were the ones!” He appealed to them to be civil in the face of provocation.

He urged Fayemi to stop dropping Tinubu’s names in his campaign, saying he should be man enough to carry his own political
cross.

“I will always respect my benefactor and Senator Tinubu is my benefactor whom I respect so well. But Ekiti is first on my agenda. The Tinubu I know wants the best for Ekiti. If I could work for him for eleven and half years to make Lagos State a model, then I know he will want somebody, like me, to work with the people to make Ekiti a model.

“Nobody can stop me from contesting the governorship election. I cannot fight with Tinubu, just like it is not compulsory that we should agree on everything at all times,” Bamidele said.

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=15180

http://www.punchng.com/news/nobody-can-stop-me-from-contesting-bamidele/
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by gunuvi(m): 8:37am On Jul 07, 2013
let me grab a seat and watch this season film
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by Maxymilliano(m): 10:12am On Jul 07, 2013
Maxymilliano:

“The Tinubu that I know will not take any step that will undermine democracy. So, what was reported was not what Tinubu said.

This dude must be a learner not to know that undemocratic proclivity of Tinubu is legendary and Imposition of candidates have always been the way in ACN, AC, and AD ever since.

Bamidele wake up!

2 Likes

Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by takedat(m): 10:21am On Jul 07, 2013
Maxymilliano:

This dude must be a learner not to know that undemocratic proclivity of Tinubu is legendary and Imposition of candidates have always been the way in ACN, AC, and AD ever since.

Bamidele wake up!
The same undemocratic proclivity of Tinubu got him a house of rep seat, and he his also a product of imposition. Nigerian political parties are Turn by Turn Nig Ltd, Bamidele should also wait for his turn, after all, some people stepped-down for this Lagos politician turn Ekiti lawmaker! They are all hypocrites!
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by Goddex: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2013
take dat: The same undemocratic proclivity of Tinubu got him a house of rep seat, and he his also a product of imposition. Nigerian political parties are Turn by Turn Nig Ltd, Bamidele should also wait for his turn, after all, some people stepped-down for this Lagos politician turn Ekiti lawmaker! They are all hypocrites!

And you and your APC masters are the biggest hypocrites. You ask Bamidele to wait for his turn while justifying why Ameachi can challenge Jonathan. You guys keep exposing yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by takedat(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2013
Goddex:

And you and your APC masters are the biggest hypocrites. You ask Bamidele to wait for his turn while justifying why Ameachi can challenge Jonathan. You guys keep exposing yourselves.
Is "They are all hypocrites" a sentence difficult for you to comprehend? Please show any of my posts, where I stated that Amaechi should "challenge" Jonathan in an election! Waste of Air!
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by Temismith(f): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2013
Eyin le mo....
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by drnoel: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2013
someone wants his back broken by Tinubully
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by Maxymilliano(m): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2013
take dat: The same undemocratic proclivity of Tinubu got him a house of rep seat, and he his also a product of imposition. Nigerian political parties are Turn by Turn Nig Ltd, Bamidele should also wait for his turn, after all, some people stepped-down for this Lagos politician turn Ekiti lawmaker! They are all hypocrites!

The ticket to the house of rep was offered to him on a platter of gold, he neither aspired nor contested the primaries into the lower chamber. The upper chamber was his destination, till he was shortchanged by the power that be, and the ticket offered to Babafemi Ojudu after an inconclusive primaries.

He was placated with the House or Rep slot which was vacant, and no record of anybody stepping down for him.

Till date, he's still at loggerheads with Ojodu, Fayemi and ACN leaders in Ekiti for how he was undemocratically schemed out in 2011 for no tangible reasons.
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by musiwa29: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by dridowu: 11:47am On Jul 07, 2013
i guess ds man is only making propangada towards 2018 gov election in d state, he just want pple to know that he will be contesting afta fayemi have finished his tenure come 2018
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by takedat(m): 11:50am On Jul 07, 2013
Maxymilliano:

The ticket to the house of rep was offered to him on a platter of gold, he neither aspired nor contested the primaries into the lower chamber. The upper chamber was his destination, till he was shortchanged by the power that be, and the ticket offered to Babafemi Ojudu after an inconclusive primaries.

He was placated with the House or Rep slot which was vacant, and no record of anybody stepping down for him.

Till date, he's still at loggerheads with Ojodu, Fayemi and ACN leaders in Ekiti for how he was undemocratically schemed out in 2011 for no tangible reasons.

He was undemocratically schemed out of the Senatorial seat, and was undemocratically placated with a House of Rep seat! There are others who also vied for the House of Rep seat but had to step down for him! If he has the clout and influence to win the gubernatorial, why is he still kowtowing to Tinubu again?
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
Bamidele should join either LP or PDP and claim the seat without sweat
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by Pdizzle(m): 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
hehe, my uncle wan be governor..
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by taharqa2: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
I just dey laugh.... See HYPOCRITES ni
Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by duality(m): 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
[quote author=Maxymilliano]

A HOUSE of Representatives member, Opeyemi Bamidele, on Saturday, disagreed with the leadership of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) that he should drop his governorship ambition in the 2014 election for incumbent governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

The leadership of the party, including its national chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, among others, were at Ado Ekiti during the week where they endorsed Fayemi for a second term and advised Bamidele to “mellow down”.

But Bamidele, while addressing his supporters, Saturday, said he is not ready to step down for Fayemi and vowed to forge ahead with his ambition.

The lawmaker, who will turn 50 on July 29, said he had decided to shelve his 50th birthday celebration in honour of Ekiti people, whom, he said, are still languishing inpoverty. “I cannot be celebrating a birthday in the midst of poverty,” he said.

The highlighted, is a serious indictment on the governor and the party he represent.

1 Like

Re: Bamidele Dares Tinubu; Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting by stebell(m): 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
When is de season 2 of this movie coming out. Tinubu, de godfather of south west politics.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Borno State Civilian Jtf Aka Sector 00 / Amechi Vs Omehia : Supreme Court Disappoints Anti - Amechi Camp / Monthly Salaries Of Our Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.