Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting (16551 Views)

Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election / List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks (2) (3) (4)

PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by ijaw1stson: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2016
– The PDP says it is gearing up towards revamping the party
– Party members facing corruption charges will not allowed to contest
– The party’s convention is coming up in May in Port Harcourt

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has banned its members facing corruption charges in various courts from contesting for positions in the National Working Committee of the party.

The Party’s national convention is coming up in Port Harcourt in Rivers state in May 21 and this will provide an avenue for election of members into the working committee.

Some of the members of the party who have appeared in court and charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission include the former minister of interior, Comrade Abba Moro; Chief Olisa Metuh; the former governor of Jigawa state, Sule Lamido; the former governor of Imo state Ikedi Ohakim; the chairman of Africa Independent Television, Chief Raymond Dokpesi and Haliru Bello Mohammed who is a former acting chairman of the PDP.

There are also some members of the party who have been accused by the EFCC but have not appeared in court yet.
An official of the party who spoke on the condition of anonymity said the party was gearing towards repositioning it ahead of the 2019 general election and was looking for candidates with integrity to fill positions.

He said this was why Metuh who is the spokesperson of the party announced that he would not contest for any position at the convention.
Metuh is facing trial over his involvement in the disbursement of $2.1 billion by the office of the national security adviser during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan.

Part of Metuh’s statement read: “I wish to state publicly that I have no ambitions to continue as a member of the National Working Committee after the expiration of my current tenure as the national publicity secretary, a decision that is enjoying the support of my family.

“I therefore with every sense of responsibility confirm to all members of our great party, that I will not run for any position whatsoever, in the forthcoming national convention, irrespective of which office may be zoned to the South-east for that matter.

“What is paramount in my mind, at this point, is to continue to lift the image of our great party during the remaining part of my tenure as the image maker of the PDP, a position which, by the grace of God, I have been able to dutifully deliver to the best of my ability, despite daunting challenges.

Meanwhile, the PDP is struggling to keep the house united following a warning issued by some members of the party over the zoning of the party’s chairmanship position .

The party announced earlier ahead of its convention that key positions of the party’s candidacy have been zoned with the north expected to produce the presidency and the south east to take the vice presidency position.

https://www.naij.com/807812-corruption-pdp-bans-olisa-metuh-dokpesi-others-contesting.html?source=index_main

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by gare(f): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2016
ijaw1stson:
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has banned its members facing corruption charges in various courts from contesting for positions in the National Working Committee of the party.
The Party’s national convention is coming up in Port Harcourt in Rivers state in May 21 and this will provide an avenue for election of members into the working committee.

Some of the members of the party who have appeared in court and charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission include the former minister of interior, Comrade Abba Moro; Chief Olisa Metuh; the former governor of Jigawa state, Sule Lamido; the former governor of Imo state Ikedi Ohakim; the chairman of Africa Independent Television, Chief Raymond Dokpesi and Haliru Bello Mohammed who is a former acting chairman of the PDP.

There are also some members of the party who have been accused by the EFCC but have not appeared in court yet.
An official of the party who spoke on the condition of anonymity said the party was gearing towards repositioning it ahead of the 2019 general election and was looking for candidates with integrity to fill positions.

He said this was why Metuh who is the spokesperson of the party announced that he would not contest for any position at the convention.
Metuh is facing trial over his involvement in the disbursement of $2.1 billion by the office of the national security adviser during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan.
Part of Metuh’s statement read: “I wish to state publicly that I have no ambitions to continue as a member of the National Working Committee after the expiration of my current tenure as the national publicity secretary, a decision that is enjoying the support of my family.

“I therefore with every sense of responsibility confirm to all members of our great party, that I will not run for any position whatsoever, in the forthcoming national convention, irrespective of which office may be zoned to the South-east for that matter.

“What is paramount in my mind, at this point, is to continue to lift the image of our great party during the remaining part of my tenure as the image maker of the PDP, a position which, by the grace of God, I have been able to dutifully deliver to the best of my ability, despite daunting challenges.

Meanwhile, the PDP is struggling to keep the house united following a warning issued by some members of the party over the zoning of the party’s chairmanship position .
The party announced earlier ahead of its convention that key positions of the party’s candidacy have been zoned with the north expected to produce the presidency and the south east to take the vice presidency position.
https://www.naij.com/807812-corruption-pdp-bans-olisa-metuh-dokpesi-others-contesting.html?source=index_main

FTC dedicate this to my buying fuel for N86:50 and having a full tank in over one month, Right move from PDP

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by tysontim(m): 11:31am On Apr 22, 2016
good, APC should follow suit

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by eyesofgod: 11:34am On Apr 22, 2016
Amazing

"..Some of the members of the party who have appeared in court and charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission include the former minister of interior, Comrade Abba Moro; Chief Olisa Metuh; the former governor of Jigawa
state, Sule Lamido; the former governor of Imo state Ikedi Ohakim; the chairman of Africa Independent Television, Chief
Raymond Dokpesi and Haliru Bello Mohammed who is a former acting chairman of the PDP."

PDP needs serious sanitizing. Much of this task is being done currently by concerned authorities but unfortunately, the myopes call it witch hunting
Thank you Baba,
Thank you EFCC
Thank you CCT

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by rusher14: 11:36am On Apr 22, 2016

Only?

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by TippyTop(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2016
Meanwhile in APC, members indicted for corruption are usually promoted to be Ministers e.g Amaechi.

22 Likes

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2016
That means, there will be shortage of candidates, because almost all of them have soiled their hands..

Yeye Party!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by IamPatriotic(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2016
Who will vie for their Leadership positions then, because as it's, there isn't even one member who in one way or another didn't soil his hands in the pas 16 years except those that were deprived from doing so

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by TippyTop(m): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
That means, there will be shortage of candidates, because almost all of them have soiled their hands..

Yeye Party!

Bros you don recieve alert? Hehehe

You haven't been regular like you use to be.
Don't just eat jolof, make sure they pay you o.

23 Likes

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by TippyTop(m): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2016

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by ijaw1stson: 11:47am On Apr 22, 2016
gare:

Right move Ftc
that's if the mods aren't slipngrin
Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by ijaw1stson: 11:52am On Apr 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Yeye Party!
there can never be shortage... the only problem is that all the big-wigs in the party have soiled their hands, which is a minus for them
Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by LadyExcellency: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
Unfortunately, any so-called saint that wins in any position into PDP National Executive will be targeted by either ICPC, EFCC or CCB.

The game plan is to degrade any possible alternative aside "APC in APC" to Nigerians and render PDP, the only opposition with national spread ineffective to launch aggressive comeback.

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by viktagorion: 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
PDP should change its name.

Nigerians will not touch that party with a looooong pole.

Party of wasters!

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by modath(f): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
I knew Nurse Metuh was lying through his teeth when he claimed he was "done" & no longer interested in any position!!

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by modath(f): 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Any sane mind could decipher that Nurse Metuh was lying through his teeth when he claimed he was "done" & no longer interested in any position!!!

Nurse that lives & breathes "Do you know who I am" smiley

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by YOMIT(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
In as much as I no like the previous PDP this new developments will go a long way in giving them a new face.

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by prinsam30: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
na now una eyes open Abi

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by TippyTop(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
Will APC follow suit? Never.
Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by gimbayaro(m): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2016
we will return to power again...

shashasha

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by jtwest(m): 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
sad as if there is a corrupt free person among them, corruption iyaf spoilt the party's reputation, this na trust issue, we go see how u go convince us that u don CHANGE.
Pdp!!! Change!!!

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Yeye Party!

and APC is the good party i guess undecided undecided undecided

if there was a balon d joke , you would win it annually undecided

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by Fadekebisola(f): 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
ijaw1stson:

K
Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by WebSurfer(m): 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
from contesting for positions in the National Working Committee of the party.

This is not a ban..just a ban within the party.

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by blackpanda: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
Haha....what a joke!

Corruption and PDP are like cojoined siamese twins. One cannot live without the other. The whole party was founded on corruption! grin

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by MadCow1: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
Meaning say nobody go contest for PDP be that.. grin grin

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Yeye Party!
****what would pdp do dat would be cool to u,u keep blaming pdp but amaechi,segun oni,elrufai,kwankwaso nd majority of apc members were pdp members,guy u are so **** I wonder if u reason from ur sense.Tinubu is a saint to u,****

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by George2016(m): 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Internal watch hunt

No righteous man in politics.

We need new set of people and younger in age.

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by WHOcarex: 2:15pm On Apr 22, 2016
In order words, it means no present PDP member is going to context. They will have to take in NEW set of people.

Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by christejames(m): 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
I foresee PDP comeback would be in a total new form which Nigerians would be happy for.

let the rebranding of the party continue and make it more youth oriented PDP and watch APC crumble like a pack of card because they ( APC) was built on deceit...
Re: PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting by blackpanda: 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:
Unfortunately, any so-called saint that wins in any position into PDP National Executive will be targeted by either ICPC, EFCC or CCB.

The game plan is to degrade any possible alternative aside "APC in APC" to Nigerians and render PDP, the only opposition with national spread ineffective to launch aggressive comeback.

This nothing but baseless conspiracy theories. Efcc or ICPC wont have anything to chance u for if you havent stolen or soiled your hands. So far, no single person charged or arrested has claimed to be innocent

PDP Support Group Dumps Atiku Joins Forces With APC For Buhari’s Re-election / Osinbajo Meets Doctors Via Zoom To End Strike, NMA Adamant / Amaechi Accuses Wike Of Embezzling N3.5 Billion Rivers Money