Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95649 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2013
caprini: Everyone is talking about wedding.My only 2 sisters and their husbands are top members of deeper life church.This people wicked pass hitler.My house owner and caretaker are deeper life top members,my rent was increased with 200% in a space of two years.modesty my foot.Murderers and Saddists,meanwhile when they visit my house,they watch DSTV as if after that day,multichoice will close down. angry

I agree, remember Hitler did not smoke or drink alcohol and was certainly no womaniser, yet he had the heart of a devil.

Problem with deeperlife is they focus on the outward and not the inward which in turn leads to hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by pwettyJasmine(f): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
The hunter is now the hunted! Good one. Its hi time this Deeper lifers wake up to the reality that self righteousness can't take them to Heaven.They are busy condeming the packaging when the content is what really matters

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by caprini: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
delors: Okay, so this is over doing it. Is this church a kind of cult or what? Whatever happened to peace and love in the presence of God? Wearing a fitted dress on her wedding doesn't not in any way undermine or compromise her faith. She did not go nude for Christ sake! This is wrong! Totally wrong. The couple started their marriage on a miserable note. I suspect they are doing all these to keep their members who are so one-sided in their thoughts. If the husband could wear an Italian made Gucci suit, why can't the wife use a modest french tailored gown! Hypocrisy redefined!
Someone finally noticed the suit.That was a more serious crime,because the cost of that suit a lone,can sponsor an average deeper life wedding.hypocrites. angry

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Dibangoking(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
Am sure dis is one of trial tym 4 deeper life bible church.Job suffered d same faith though he ws gewd.Am sure numerous temptations came straight to d general overseer bt mayb he surpassed dem,n d devil tried 2 distabilize d church usin his child.Personally I dnt c wots wrong wif d whole wedding bt accordin to d dogma...Though amma chronic sinner bt i cant jst luk by,wen i knw dudes dt do tins rit re been tried.DLBC is d church i respect d most.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by cecegorz(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
plappville: .What is wrong with this Deeper life self, how can they condemned the use of limousine, gold etc on their wedding day.... shocked

Didn't Abraham offers precious gifts to his sons future wife in the bible? Joseph also accepted a gold ring from king Pharoah. The bible does not condemned the use of gold. God's tabernacle was built with gold donated by the people etc....I don't understand the way Africans are taking Christianity.

Gen 24:53
Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother.

Sometimes you wonder from where people get the traditions they cling so dearly on.
No wonder Jesus said 'by your traditions, you make the word of God of no effect'
This is what happens when you use man-made laws to live a spiritual life, you end up hypocritical and confused. The law of the Spirit has nothing to do with what you wear on your wedding day.

5 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
angry

4 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
RoyPCain: i know that this does not concern the muslims. but i am gonna say whats on my mind anyways.

depriving women not to wear gold is senseless and one wonders what benefits it holds in the lives of people if not used as beautification specifically by women?

but the hypocritical general overseer is lying in his heart by his 'offer', knowing full well that no one in the house he built will tell him to get out. he could have resigned since the father of the bride was removed without any 'offering' to stay.

wasn't kumuyi the one holding the bride in a picture? was he unaware of the whole thing before the bride stepped out on to the stage?
muslims women are suppose to cover themselves with black cloth from hard to toe. So how is gold going to beautify those woman if they can display it out for all to see. Abi na for inside ninja cloth gold go beautify Them?

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by bingbagbo(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by yame014: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: Seriously,I feel sick reading about this issue. The latest twist is the G.S offering to resign. If he say he would resign,trust me,he would resign but the vacuum that will be left behind would be too big to fill. Why can't we just leave this issue for God to judge?

According to k2039 post "I guess it's now obvious to the leadership that those who have being
punished in time past didn't necessarily raise their kids the way they
eventually turned out". Why punish those leaders whose children misbehaved? they could have left the jugdement to God now...So tell me why shouldn't the G.S be punished?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pdizzle(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
i ve always respected pastor kumuyi tho..
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by jude33084(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1: why is everyone taking this matter so serious ?the couple did nothing wrong . i guess they are just been haunted by their own people .

IF YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE IN ROME PLEASE BEHAVE LIKE ONE. LIKE THE MUSLIM, WEARING OF HIJAB BY THEIR WOMEN IS THEIR DOCTRINE AND A RELIGIOUS OBLIGATION AS SUCH. DEEPER LIFE HAVE THEIR DOCTRINE WHICH ALL MEMBERS SHOULD ADHERE TO. JOHN AND HIS BRIDE; LOVE SHOULD KNOW BETTER smiley

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by yame014: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
dts nice,afterall my parents were suspended d last tim i wore miniskirt 2 church!

REALLY
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
jude33084:

IF YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE IN ROME PLEASE BEHAVE LIKE ONE. LIKE THE MUSLIM, WEARING OF HIJAB BY THEIR WOMEN IS THEIR DOCTRINE AND A RELIGIOUS OBLIGATION AS SUCH. DEEPER LIFE HAVE THEIR DOCTRINE WHICH ALL MEMBERS SHOULD ADHERE TO. JOHN AND HIS BRIDE; LOVE SHOULD KNOW BETTER smiley

we are not called to obey MEN!!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
Dibangoking: Am sure dis is one of trial tym 4 deeper life bible church.Job suffered d same faith though he ws gewd.Am sure numerous temptations came straight to d general overseer bt mayb he surpassed dem,n d devil tried 2 distabilize d church usin his child.wen i knw dudes dt do tins rit re been tried.DLBC is d church i respect d most.
correct

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
Sealeddeal: Those that have been looking for ways to criticise Deeper Life Ministry have actually found one and are not mistaking in leveraging on that to vomit their venoms. The fact is,whatever actions that taken by the leadership will be done in such a way to give glory to God and strenghten the ministry which i so much trust. Though,i am not a member of Deeper Life,i find their tradition so adorable and i wish to join them one day.
exactly!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mmalove(f): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
sorry oo audience for asking this question. people condemning wearing of necklaces, bangles, earrings and putting on of attachments, hope they dont make use of watches, clocks, or anything made of plastics. if u know about the chemical composition of all these, as a former scientists they come from the same place. i hope those condemning use of limo for wedding didnt trek over to that country cos in my own understanding plane looks costlier than limo. and those condemning television are in no way the ones using internet like am doing. is there anything in this our modern world that u see in tele that u dont see using ur internet. the bible preaches on modesty and i assure you that anything done in extremity is condemned by it. i am still wondering what will happen in the western world like USA and others if their deeper life member gets married, hope it will not be this rag one of my friends used to marry that they will use

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
Atigba: I here by accept his resignation. He has deceived millions of christians with man made doctrines yet him and his family doesn't practice any of the doctrine.A leader should should lead by example.one of my anty refuse to wear gold because of his teachings,Pastor kumuyi has failed!

Please correct yourself immediately!! How dare u talk of my pastor that manner. What has his teaching and consecration got to do with you or your aunty? If you donot want God's judgement to fall on you take back your words and change that thinking pattern. You have no idea what God has done through Pastor in the forty something years of his ministry so don't you just open your mouth and talk anyhow. This reprimand goes to everyone else in this category that feels that they can just type anything because their fingers are itchy, be careful. Every idle word that men shall speak they shall give account on the day of judgement. To be forewarned is to be forearmed

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by godman01(m): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
All this nonsense drama in the church, Jesus help your church o. Open the eyes of these pastors. It seems even members are beginning to know more than their pastors now.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Arcard(m): 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: This issue is getting out of hand. hiannn! But I'm glad that people will now open their eyes and see that RULES generally are meant for the POOR. There is no sane person with money that will wear the sort of Uniform Deeper Life women wear.. The painful part is My people will not read, they won't learn, they won't seek knowledge cos they are content with just sitting on their asz and so-called Men of God make silly rules for them.

#Deeper life youths are never content with this Rules and most of them do not abide by the rules whenever they are away from their parents or far from home.

@Topic..Although John's wedding is nothing out of the ordinary yet it will so pain the Thousands of Members who had worn drab gowns for their own weddings.

If I start my own church..My rules will be that all members must wear just leaves to church, and they must all go and live in the Bush with no form of civilization whatsoever. And I have bible scriptures to back my rules. Trust me, people will attend my church! Cheiiii!
haha na true, adam nd eve tins
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nten: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
This deeper life doctrines are getting xtreme by the day. I guess 1day they would soon promulgate a law for their members on the style & positions of how to fork their wives and any 1 who goes contrary to that law would be excommunicated. My pple church, faith and sanctimonious behavioural pattern is from the heart and not those frivolous stuff they are mentioning that negates church doctrine. Make dem pipe low abeg!!!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Forwetinnah: 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
You see how John take bring him Papa Leg out? If this was a case of the bride belonging to another Christian denomination and the wedding was done in her church, then the whole wedding show would have been excusable..Love and John are children of PASTORS that have spearheaded this tradition for many years, the silly excuse of saying they have been overseas for decades Holds water nowhere..certainly they know the church rules, that's another reason why I think they decided to wed in Jamaica. All I see here is pure rebellion and disobedience,they refused her from wearing the 1st wedding gown instead of her to go straight for pure China white..she made another 'wedding gown'. Think about the number of couples their parents have made look shabby on the day that is supposed to be the happiest day of their lives, and then Children of the same pastors from same church, practicing the same doctrine go on to do the opposite? I dont even know what to call it anymore..She forget say she be deeper life pastor pickin abi she forget say na the General overseer of deeper life son she dey marry? The 10commandments wey BaBa GOD give us we nefa obey am finish, only we dey Heap our own laws join the 10 follow. I Feel for members who have been following those Doctrines like lambs to the slaughter, any would-be couple in that church should plan a big wedding with enough make-up, write and apology letter afterwards then go on suspension, Yelske..that should be the new doctrine *roll eyes*
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by yetseyi(f): 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
I beseech all nairalanders by d mercies of the living God to stop saying negative things abt pst Kumuyi, he is God's anointed
Remember we shall all account for evry idle word.
I know that the devil is a liar, d church is marching on and the gates of hell canot prevail against it.
Note: Im nt a deeperlife member
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by true2god: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

I was like you Bro, left deeperlife last year and have been free to follow and love JESUS ever since without the bondage of tradition.

Though, I must say that while I have nothing against TV, TV does have a negative effect on children and possibly adults, since it is a tool for media misinformation, information and propagation of an agenda that is not godly. If used for documentaries and the news or hooking up to a DVD then it is perfectly fine.

Internet is far far better, you can restrict what you watch etc.

smiley
Sorry i tot u said u left The Apostolic faith in some of ur other threads.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Ukoshady: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Becareful with ur mouth.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by godman01(m): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
My people perish for lack of knowledge!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Dawinlove(m): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
U don backslide
franchizy: In as much as I won't critise d church, I must say dat there doctrine is too hard to cope wit. I joined Depper Life in 1986 and Rose to the position of a Campus Pastor in Uniben and a Youth Leader in Rivers state.
We only love our members and help our members only. I was suspended togeda with my children cos I Bought a television in my house and wen our members visited my house in Absentia my children were watching Cartoon.
It was 4 dis reason dat I quit Depper Life. If Pastor Kumuyi Resigns, believe the church will fall cos he is d only one dat has a healing and Deliverance power.
Other pastors can only preach and pray but can heal or deliver one.
U don backslide
franchizy: In as much as I won't critise d church, I must say dat there doctrine is too hard to cope wit. I joined Depper Life in 1986 and Rose to the position of a Campus Pastor in Uniben and a Youth Leader in Rivers state.
We only love our members and help our members only. I was suspended togeda with my children cos I Bought a television in my house and wen our members visited my house in Absentia my children were watching Cartoon.
It was 4 dis reason dat I quit Depper Life. If Pastor Kumuyi Resigns, believe the church will fall cos he is d only one dat has a healing and Deliverance power.
U don backslide
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by jude33084(m): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

we are not called to obey MEN!!

I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT OF VIEW BUT DON'T YOU THINK THAT AS A MEMBER THEY SHOULD OBEY THE RULES?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel: I love brother Kumuiyi and I think that he has helped create this problem, but God wants to lead him in a different non-traditional direction. Problem is he is held hostage by the local champions in Nigeria who will rather stick to man made tradition than the truth of the gospel.

Well, God is taking his church back, better stay out of the way, the sheep are not yours, if you resist God he may remove you from your place.

We should be for freedom in Christ, not bondage to man made traditions.

smiley
mtchewwwww
@ bolded, na you and God discuss abi
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Dawinlove(m): 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by jude33084(m): 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
Dawinlove: U don backslideU don backslideU don backslide

HE ONLY CHANGE HIS TASTE grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Arcard(m): 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
preshuzpearl:

Please correct yourself immediately!! How dare u talk of my pastor that manner. What has his teaching and consecration got to do with you or your aunty? If you donot want God's judgement to fall on you take back your words and change that thinking pattern. You have no idea what God has done through Pastor in the forty something years of his ministry so don't you just open your mouth and talk anyhow. This reprimand goes to everyone else in this category that feels that they can just type anything because their fingers are itchy, be careful. Every idle word that men shall speak they shall give account on the day of judgement. To be forewarned is to be forearmed
c ds wan way dy talk,tmrrw nw u go c am fo romance section

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.