Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,808 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95567 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Belexy95: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Image123,Ola n deeper-danny: y do we present d coming of our king from d perspective of fear? Wat is God's standard for entering His kingdom,isnt it 2 b born again? I begin 2 wonder d kind of preparatn u r up 2. God's word cannot b broken.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Salient points made here. Good job. wink

So now now you believe things can change and that holiness standard is not man made laws that change from time to time
On this single thread,you have suddenly changed ,that proves it
Let that image's post help you become less critical and less judgmental of others

This was you earlier,now making a turn about changes shocked shocked shocked

OLAADEGBU:

This evangelist who is a member of Benson Idahosa's church, (Church of God Mission) is recommending Deeper Life's way of dressing to make heaven.

So which way of dressing is it since we now agree that it is changing and has changed over time .
The turban on the head?,gele?,hat with tailored suits,lace blouse v neck,round with short sleeves or turtle neck with long buttoned sleeves
Natural hair or the perm and weave
Hahahahahaha
Jehovah is smarter than us all bro
If Christ tarries,we shall revisiit this thread soon and point out more changes

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by jlounge: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
Maybe there are those that have been there long before 2K. Doctrinal issues? Can you cite such doctrine (s)?

Belexy 95: It appears majority of d deeper lifers on dis thread are those dat joined d church btw yr 2K n now. They virtualy kws little abt d church. U argue on some stuffs u are nt sure abt. There's notin wrong in askin ur pastors some doctrinal issues. Pls,dnt come up here n vent ur ignorance of d church doctrines as wel as scriptures.tanx!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
Belexy 95: It appears majority of d deeper lifers on dis thread are those dat joined d church btw yr 2K n now. They virtualy kws little abt d church. U argue on some stuffs u are nt sure abt. There's notin wrong in askin ur pastors some doctrinal issues. Pls,dnt come up here n vent ur ignorance of d church doctrines as wel as scriptures.tanx!
professor of deeper life studies, what are the church doctrines sir/ma?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
Belexy 95: @Image123,Ola n deeper-danny: y do we present d coming of our king from d perspective of fear? Wat is God's standard for entering His kingdom,isnt it 2 b born again? I begin 2 wonder d kind of preparatn u r up 2. God's word cannot b broken.

"And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

From my Jesus with LOVE
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
Belexy 95: @Image123,Ola n deeper-danny: y do we present d coming of our king from d perspective of fear? Wat is God's standard for entering His kingdom,isnt it 2 b born again? I begin 2 wonder d kind of preparatn u r up 2. God's word cannot b broken.

Whatever Pastor Kumuyi and Deeperlife did to you folks, please forgive but do everything possible to get to heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2_eplsyKw8
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Belexy95: 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
@deeper-danny, sorry,i didnt state anywhere dat i had problems with d church. Dont go by presumptns rather by facts. May be for ur consumption, i served d present National Overseer of Uganda.(pst. Edison Daminabo,gr8 n humble servant of God).and when d Holy Spirit said leave i did. Dont assume dat every1 who left Dl did because of smkind of issues.If u believe in d ministry of d Holy Spirit which i assume u do,u shud undastand what i mean. Again, for d believer,d bible teaches dat d ultimate target isnt heaven but Christlikeness-growing into d fullness of Christ.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Belexy 95: @deeper-danny, sorry,i didnt state anywhere dat i had problems with d church. Dont go by presumptns rather by facts. May be for ur consumption, i served d present National Overseer of Uganda.(pst. Edison Daminabo,gr8 n humble servant of God).and when d Holy Spirit said leave i did. Dont assume dat every1 who left Dl did because of smkind of issues.If u believe in d ministry of d Holy Spirit which i assume u do,u shud undastand what i mean. Again, for d believer,d bible teaches dat d ultimate target isnt heaven but Christlikeness-growing into d fullness of Christ.

Do you mean the ultimate target is not heaven at last or did I got your gospel wrong?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Belexy 95: @deeper-danny, sorry,i didnt state anywhere dat i had problems with d church. Dont go by presumptns rather by facts. May be for ur consumption, i served d present National Overseer of Uganda.(pst. Edison Daminabo,gr8 n humble servant of God).and when d Holy Spirit said leave i did. Dont assume dat every1 who left Dl did because of smkind of issues.If u believe in d ministry of d Holy Spirit which i assume u do,u shud undastand what i mean. Again, for d believer,d bible teaches dat d ultimate target isnt heaven but Christlikeness-growing into d fullness of Christ.

amen, 100% correct , only Christlike people who are conformed to the image of Jesus will inherit the new heaven and new earth.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
It's enough! undecided
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Belexy95: 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
@deeper-danny,its nt my gospel bt d gospel of Christ. D believer isnt aiming(struggling) to make heaven like u make u luk. He's already qualified 4 it by believing in Christ. God isnt jst interested in saving sinners but 2 bring his children into sonship. Infact if u study d scriptures closely u'd realise dat Jesus actually came to raise Sons unto God. I advice u dnt front heaven in all ur delibratns but Christlikeness.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Babalegba(m): 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

E nle o BabalEgba, my name is DeeperLife, please show me my offense
. Sorry for the late post, I've been busy . You have not offended me but I saw that deeperlifers are on a hiding to nothing in this thread This kind of debate could only happen in semi developed countries because in well developed countries justice is prized and sacred cows frowned upon. Any attempt to justify the church disciplining one man and sparing the other will only result in the sin of lying which is far more serious than using earings. I own a small business employing five people, I employ earing wearing women but would not emply pathological liars. I was with deeper life in London for four years in the late nineties and all I could say is that they have made a rod for their own back.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
Belexy 95: @deeper-danny,its nt my gospel bt d gospel of Christ. D believer isnt aiming(struggling) to make heaven like u make u luk. He's already qualified 4 it by believing in Christ. God isnt jst interested in saving sinners but 2 bring his children into sonship. Infact if u study d scriptures closely u'd realise dat Jesus actually came to raise Sons unto God. I advice u dnt front heaven in all ur delibratns but Christlikeness.

Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 11:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
Belexy 95: @deeper-danny,its nt my gospel bt d gospel of Christ. D believer isnt aiming(struggling) to make heaven like u make u luk. He's already qualified 4 it by believing in Christ. God isnt jst interested in saving sinners but 2 bring his children into sonship. Infact if u study d scriptures closely u'd realise dat Jesus actually came to raise Sons unto God. I advice u dnt front heaven in all ur delibratns but Christlikeness.

This phrase/ term 'already qualified,' did you also learnt this from the Pastor at Uganda, or the reason that spirit bid you depart from him.
If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.......... Apostle Paul
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 12:00am On Jul 14, 2013
sheniqua:

So we do agree finally?
Isn't that the same things I have written here all along and Oladeegbu has called me names like permissive and jezebellian and hell bound and whatever judgmental crap he chooses to label fellow children of God,called into the same family of God he professes to be part of.
Praise be to God that not all deeper lifers buy into that doctrine of hate.
You have not said anything different from my post you quoted.
God's qualifications for those who are his remain the same,whatever we use or drop as our individual church doctrine cannot change that.
They will know we are Christians by our love ( not by our denominations)
God bless.
I agree wholeheartedly with your post above most especially the parts I highlighted.
Actually, we are not saying the same thing. Mr A living in rubbles cannot claim to be living in the same house with Mr B just because the both have the same color of curtain or paint. You are saying that deeper life are using double standards, i am saying that their standards remain the same and that any church can have differences in administration. You are waiting for them to change so that you can say "i told you", and prove that they were wrong and you were right. i am not. My motives are so different from yours, and so is my base. sorry.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 12:14am On Jul 14, 2013
frosbel:
amen, 100% correct , only Christlike people who are conformed to the image of Jesus will inherit the new heaven and new earth.

Why Hell Is Integral To The Gospel by frosbel(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2011
For some, the horror of the Christian doctrine of hell—that it is a place of eternal, conscious torment where God's enemies are punished—has led them not just to avert their eyes and minds, but to deny it entirely. "Surely," they say, "hell is a fictional construct used to oppress people with fear; a God of love would never allow such a place to really exist." There's an emotional power to this argument, to be sure. No one, certainly no Christian, likes the idea of hell.

At the same time, this doctrine isn't just drapery on the side of the Christian worldview, something with no relevance to the structure of the faith itself. Nor is the doctrine of hell an embarrassing, unnecessary, primitive wart that we believe just because we're told we have to.

On the contrary, the doctrine and reality of hell actually throws the glory of the gospel into sharp relief for us. It helps us to understand just how great God really is, how sinfully wretched we really are, and how unutterably amazing it is that he would show us grace at all. Moreover, the reality of hell—if we don't push it out of our minds—will focus us, above all, on the task of proclaiming the gospel to those who are in danger of spending eternity there.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 12:51am On Jul 14, 2013
Babalegba: . Sorry for the late post, I've been busy . You have not offended me but I saw that deeperlifers are on a hiding to nothing in this thread This kind of debate could only happen in semi developed countries because in well developed countries justice is prized and sacred cows frowned upon. Any attempt to justify the church disciplining one man and sparing the other will only result in the sin of lying which is far more serious than using earings. I own a small business employing five people, I employ earing wearing women but would not emply pathological liars. I was with deeper life in London for four years in the late nineties and all I could say is that they have made a rod for their own back.

BabalEgba, this is Deeper_danNY. So DeeperLife is a pathological liar. OK. Since this issue is happening in a semi-developed country I do not have the liberty to discuss issues that primarily concerns DeeperLife with an outsider to the Church. However I don't know exactly if the leadership of the Church based any of their action or inaction on your assumptions here. Please don't spare 'the rod' in dealing with Deeperlife.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 12:51am On Jul 14, 2013
Babalegba: . Sorry for the late post, I've been busy . You have not offended me but I saw that deeperlifers are on a hiding to nothing in this thread This kind of debate could only happen in semi developed countries because in well developed countries justice is prized and sacred cows frowned upon. Any attempt to justify the church disciplining one man and sparing the other will only result in the sin of lying which is far more serious than using earings. I own a small business employing five people, I employ earing wearing women but would not emply pathological liars. I was with deeper life in London for four years in the late nineties and all I could say is that they have made a rod for their own back.

BabalEgba, this is Deeper_danNY. So DeeperLife is a pathological liar. OK. Since this issue is happening in a semi-developed country I do not have the liberty to discuss issues that primarily concerns DeeperLife with an outsider to the Church. However I don't know exactly if the leadership of the Church based any of their action or inaction on your assumptions here. Please don't spare 'the rod' in dealing with Deeperlife.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Kosigift(f): 1:21am On Jul 14, 2013
debbleopto:

because he was not there in Jamaica during the wedding. the person you saw in the picture just resemble him. Imagine, how will the father of the bride groom stay far away and also be smiling at what he detest. the cameras would have zoomed on his face. Even Tai Dilating beat me when I did not report to the portion given me to clean when I was in secondary school.

Dis ^^^ forced me to comment! Brother, must u lie?? So its now pst K's look-alike dat attended d wedding and not him?

U see, there was dis guy dat replied every post with "is DeeperLife ur business?" Wen I read those posts, I was like jeez! Is dis guy dumb? Buh after reading dis ur comment, I can boldly say, dat dude is a genius! Just Like d saying, if u are silent, people may think u r steewpid, buh wen/if u speak, u may clear all doubt! Silence is truely Golden.

Dear brother, pls refrain from telling lies first b4 casting stones...

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 1:37am On Jul 14, 2013
[quote author=Kosigift]
^^^ forced me to comment! Brother, must u lie?? So its now pst K's look-alike dat attended d wedding and not him?
U see, there was dis guy dat replied every post with "is DeeperLife ur business?" Wen I read those posts, I was like jeez! Is dis guy dumb? Buh after reading dis ur comment, I can boldly say, dat dude is a genius! Just Like d saying, if u are silent, people may think u r steewpid, buh wen/if u speak, u may clear all doubt! Silence is truely Golden.
Dear brother, pls refrain from telling lies first b4 casting stones...[/quote

The GS was at the wedding and some very top ranking leadership of DeeperLife and I was there also. It was the place where the leadership corrected the couple. DeeperLife did not at anytime denies that the leadership of the Church was present at the occasion. It was a ceremony involving two DeeperLife members. Still it was DeeperLife business. Do you you want to hear more, open you ears .....
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 3:50am On Jul 14, 2013
[quote author=Danhumprey] Wait a minute! Like seriously,you quitted? As in,literally quitting?[/quote
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 4:03am On Jul 14, 2013
Image123:
Actually, we are not saying the same thing. Mr A living in rubbles cannot claim to be living in the same house with Mr B just because the both have the same color of curtain or paint. You are saying that deeper life are using double standards, i am saying that their standards remain the same and that any church can have differences in administration. You are waiting for them to change so that you can say "i told you", and prove that they were wrong and you were right. i am not. My motives are so different from yours, and so is my base. sorry.

Go and read your own write up agaiin

Maybe you wrote it while sleepy
Let me quote you incase you have forgotten

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 4:05am On Jul 14, 2013
Image123:
i won't be so quick and assertive to say that Love's father was suspended or taken out. i'm not saying that he wasn't or that he was. But the only 'proof'i see(so far) to defend that statement is this thread. Its this same thread that says that the lady was putting on jewellery and that she permed her hair(two statements which might be exaggerated). Nonetheless, even if he was disciplined, that's deeper life leadership business, not mine, not yours. Every establishment has a right to hire and to fire. And not every church discipline is because of sin. Many decisions are purely administrative and permitted by God. These decisions do not in any way remove anyone's name from the book of life, neither are they eternal. They do not hinder any of the affected from fellowship with God and His people, neither do they hinder prayers, or giving or evangelism, or so many other important things that God is pleased that we do. It is a common thing in administrative decisions. i've seen a teacher sacked because of something that happened to one of her pupils. The teacher was not even there, and it was after school hours. i've seen a manager sacked because of one of his workers, i've heard of football coaches sacked because their players did not win(and the player continues to play in the club). i've seen an head of department sacked because one of his subordinates made a mistake(meanwhile the HOD was not even in the office when the mistake was made). There are many more examples of similar administrative decisions that are common place, so folks should simply stop straining at a gnat while they swallow camels elsewhere.
[size=18pt]The church of God is a place where there is life, there has to be some flexibility. [/size][size=18pt]Rigidity is not a fruit of the Spirit[/size]. Most folks here are hypocrites who have changed viewpoints over severally in one year, but they insist that deeper life must be the way they know them forever.
Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
[size=18pt]God is most interested in our unity as believers, not necessarily in uniformity as good as that might be. Unfortunately, men want uniformity[/size]. Deeper looking at others as weird because they don't act like them and vice versa. All the (what you call) 'doctrines' of deeper life have been in sincerity, and in a willingness to please God, and be the best. And the more beautiful thing has been their circumspection(Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise) before doing new things, and their humility to change. These are two qualities many churches and christians do not have, sadly. It comes out today, they are already doing it tomorrow. That's not a good quality of a stranger, a pilgrim,a visitor. And sadder still is when something is clearly wrong but churches hold on to it forever and it becomes tradition. [size=18pt]Life is constantly evolving and changing[/size]. TV is not what it used to be, neither is fashion. Most of what deeper life gives are actually the best advice they can give scripturally. But for you to call them standards, it means you do not know what standards are. Those are not God's standards, neither are they deeper life's standards. The standards are clear and unchanging, anywhere and anytime. Salvation standard remains the same, anywhere and time. The Bible teaching on Heaven, on Hell, on Judgement, on Baptism, on the inspiration of scriptures. These are the standards, these do not change anytime or anywhere. But to hold on to peskiness, [size=18pt]talking about using TV, or using microphone, or using one cloth or gown, or using glass or wooden pulpit. Those ones are not standards[/size]. they are at best administrative decisions, and the Bible is very clear that there are different administrations. The whole church of God may not act the same way in such issues, and for all time. There is a time when church leadership has to be a jew to win the jews, be weak to gain the weak etc. There are stuff you tell one church that you cannot tell another but speak to them as babes. Its, not double standard, its divine wisdom unto salvation. The true standard remains unchanging.

There.
Did someone hijack your username?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2013
sheniqua:

There.
Did someone hijack your username?

Do you have any problem with your comprehensions? undecided

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
solomon111: It seems the word of God which says "love not the world,neither the things that are in the world" has gone out of fashion in this generation.
Even the few still keeping that holy standard are being corrupted by the pressures of the world.
Smh.

Please, what is worldliness according to scriptures? Is the use of internet not worldly? If not, why not? Is sending your child to a private school instead of public school not worldly? If not, why not? Is a beautiful but expensive church building not worldly? Is using jeep instead of a simple car not? If not, why not? Pls help me and don't forget to use the Bible to support your answers. God bless you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Share Your Experience With Fetish Friends, Neighbor, Landlord, Co-worker Etc / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.