Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List (9731 Views)

Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe / Kogi Polls: Ajetachi Community Under Fire,wada Blurted Out, Wife's Name Missing / PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by arcis: 6:15am On Jul 08, 2013
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar will not vote in the Peoples Democratic Party forthcoming national convention as his name is not on the list of delegates submitted to the party from his home state, Adamawa.

The party has tentatively slated August 20 for the special mini convention.

Sources, however, said the date "is not sacrosanct."

The list signed by the party's factional chairman in the state, Mr. Joel Madaki, an ally of the National Chairman of the PDP, Dr. Bamanga Tukur, was sighted by our correspondent in Abuja on Sunday.

Though Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State does not belong to the Madaki faction, his name appears on the list.

Former Information Minister and Chairman PDP Convention Planning Committee, Prof. Jerry Gana, had said only those that voted at the 2012 convention, where the members of the party's National Working Committee were elected, would vote at the mini convention.

The report of the Independent National Electoral Commission on the convention, which faulted the emergence some of the party officials at the convention, compelled 20 of them to resign recently.

The party's National Executive Committee accepted their resignation at its June meeting.

The list of the March 20, 2012 delegates' list was signed by Kaugama Mijijinwa as the Adamawa State chairman.

However, the fresh list by Madaki did not contain the name of Mijijinwa as a delegate.

Efforts to speak with Gana on the matter were not successful, as he did not pick his calls.

Meanwhile, Gana may have tactically moved the meetings of the convention committee to a private office at Wuse 2, off Parakou Crescent instead of the party's national secretariat or its Presidential Campaign office, popularly called Legacy House, Maitama, Abuja.

Our correspondent, who observed the committee meeting at the new place (Mithbath Street) on Saturday, did not see the Secretary of the convention committee, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, among others at the gathering.

Meanwhile, INEC said the party had contacted the commission on the suspended convention, initially slated for July 20.

The Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Mr. Kayode Idowu, who confirmed the shift, however did not give a new date for the exercise.

He said, "Yes, we are aware of the shift but I cannot tell you the exact date for now, except I find out. But I am aware that it is after the Ramadan."

By the 2010 Electoral Act (as amended), all political parties, are expected to give the commission 21 days notice of its conventions or conferences. This is to enable INEC to monitor the convention.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-convention-atikus-name-missing-on-delegates-list/
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Maidoki14(m): 7:22am On Jul 08, 2013
D fear of atiku is d beginning of PDP down fall.dis pDP guys wont stop amazing me.day in day out na so,so drama dem dey do fa.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Tolexander: 7:59am On Jul 08, 2013
Former Information Minister
and Chairman PDP
Convention Planning
Committee, Prof. Jerry Gana,
had said only those that
voted at the 2012
convention, where the
members of the party's
National Working Committee
were elected, would vote at
the mini convention.
this is pure politics!

I can see that Atiku is the next obstacle to be dealt with.

The motive behind this is to make atiku lose his countenance so that there will be a reason to squeeze him out of the primary presidential race and clear the road for retardeen.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by k2039: 9:12am On Jul 08, 2013
I hope he won't claim also that it's a spiritual issue like the governor's forum.

One word of advice.[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39507922.jpg[/img]
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by chaloner(m): 9:15am On Jul 08, 2013
Y allll dis noise ? Simple tin use red pen and write his name and mark it absent ......haba!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by omiobo: 9:21am On Jul 08, 2013
I have less to write. PDP news is no news to me. Bunch of old fa..ggot.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Dprince3465(m): 9:22am On Jul 08, 2013
The Rulling Peaoples Democratic Party (PDP). The BEST party av eva seen in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by mmmustapha(m): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2013
Y r they afraid of Atiku, is he not a stakeholder?
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 08, 2013
LWTMB.they wi always device methods on how to lay off party antagonisT.People like Atiku will vote against GEJ and hence not needed.D factional Chairman in d sTate is heeding to d instructions of d President.Good for him before he'll loose his job.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Jayloy: 9:26am On Jul 08, 2013
Rubbish.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by mmmustapha(m): 9:26am On Jul 08, 2013
grin grin grin
Dprince3465: The Rulling Peaoples Democratic Party (PDP). The BEST party av eva seen in Nigeria
grin
Dprince3465: The Rulling Peaoples Democratic Party (PDP). The BEST party av eva seen in Nigeria
my guy Nlanders will hunt u like America n Iraq
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by alaoeri: 9:32am On Jul 08, 2013
The Otueke fisherman is gradually clearing all obstacles against 2015.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Lifebender(m): 9:34am On Jul 08, 2013
:oatiku don enter NO CHANCE...ACP Is available
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Lordave: 9:34am On Jul 08, 2013
Atiku why not join your APC brothers and stop wasting your exhausted time in PDP
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by akinvest(m): 9:35am On Jul 08, 2013
. Yes the mother of all political parties in the nation, i love the great party.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by dridowu: 9:39am On Jul 08, 2013
Its has been long i heard of d name atiku, whre is he now ?
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by kaeto(m): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2013
Maidoki14: D fear of atiku is d beginning of PDP down fall.dis pDP guys wont stop amazing me.day in day out na so,so drama dem dey do fa.
Don't be fooled. PDP doesn't need a man that has been dumped by tinubu, poisoned by Obj. Who wants to associate himself with a political leper now that leaders are expected to over impress. LWTMB.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by frankyychiji(f): 9:43am On Jul 08, 2013
Is Atiku in PDP fully yet. I doubt. Guy is a political prostitute. Too bad the turaki has lost respect even in his hometown. Will APC accept back? Most likely. Why? Apc is a party for PDP rejects. Lobatan!

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by tomakint: 9:43am On Jul 08, 2013
Atiku is a goner undecided
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by ojubi(m): 9:59am On Jul 08, 2013
D last time na OBJ d lafam, now na GEJ, make d guy just forget politics and enjoy his loot.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by AbuMikey(m): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2013
See Gbeeeegeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by jammani(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2013
Wetin dis ma keep 4 aso rock wey he wan go carry, him and Babangida.....
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by junglej: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2013
Atiku is smarter than all the other deligates in PDP put together, just watch and see. One day he will get what is truely his, who knows, it might be 2015
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by scholes23(m): 10:07am On Jul 08, 2013
Like serzly, this old dude is really confused. First of all he joined PDP, after denouncing them he left for ACN and when he got to ACN he realized that he iroko tree he was climbing was too high for him, then he went to seek refuge in d party he denounced earlier on, not knowing they had plans for him. When it was time 4 d elections, PDP dealt with him by publicly disgracing him thru d mass media. Now they've shown him that plantain and banana are not d same. And I'm sure they'll still do more to him if he still remains there
Who knows, he might go and seek refuge in APC.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by nancyberry(f): 10:13am On Jul 08, 2013
But we all know thats the game of politics,do not hate the player,hate the game

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by adultiph: 11:19am On Jul 08, 2013
nancyberry: But we all know thats the game of politics,do not hate the player,hate the game

You are in the spirit my sister.
Atiku will do the same if he happens to be in Uncle Ebele shoe.That is the game.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Longeria(m): 11:24am On Jul 08, 2013
Ooooohh why una dey take style dey tell Amaechi how his political life go soon useless reach. Chaiiiii
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by kelvincoll(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2013
nancyberry: But we all know thats the game of politics,do not hate the player,hate the game
cool
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Longeria(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2013
mmmustapha: Y r they afraid of Atiku, is he not a stakeholder?
NO he's no longer a stakeholder but a SNAKE holder. Hohohohohehehahaha.
Re: PDP Convention: Atiku's Name Missing On Delegates' List by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
Eh, no biggie.

Soon, two bombs will go off somewhere, followed by "leaked" semi-cryptic texts which will be mysteriously linked to Atiku's campaign manager. Afterwards, GEJ's minions and fellow evil and dense followers will start harping it in our ears that "Na Atiku do am" (after all thats what those texts said). The next scene will see Atiku's Campaign Manager fleeing over to GEJ's camp and getting a post, the accusations against him will die down, and Atiku will be forced to drop out of the race.

Its the GEJ way, but I guess he doesnt feel like using bombs and accusations this time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am That Breath Of Fresh Air That Nigeria Needs - Accord Presidential Candidate / INEC Officials Held Hostage In Brass LGA, Bayelsa / Customs Lost N1.3tn To Buhari’s Waivers – CG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.