Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Help With Anti Virus: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Anti Virus: (1275 Views)

Best Anti-virus For Your Computer / Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? / Best Anti-virus For The Year Kaspersky For : With 2 Year License Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Anti Virus: by oineoma(m): 7:40pm On May 18, 2008
Somebody help, I installed kapasky on my system and de thing is givin me hell, Wont let of load any thing, E just de shout and it slows my system down, Do you guys think i should go for norton? Am considerin it,
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by mamaput(f): 7:44pm On May 18, 2008
i have no problem with kapasky.you should allow your popups to let you know what its shouting.
or just instull the standard and not the whole thing
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by nazzyon(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2008
If Kaspersky has a shield you will experience such if you enable the shield.

If you can bare it I will advice that you should just tell it to Allow the Applications you know you need and trust.

The shield will protect you from any intrusion.

And if you like you can disable the shield.
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by mamaput(f): 8:59pm On May 18, 2008
to anable the schield he has to allow the popups and maybe up date his java and other backupsadobe,
or maybe it took up too much space and he has to clean up.
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by dragnet: 9:30pm On May 18, 2008
Maybe he still has another antivirus installed??
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by mamaput(f): 9:34pm On May 18, 2008
i also had have two norton and kasper norton was already in the offer when i bought it
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by mamaput(f): 9:43pm On May 18, 2008
what ever go to the settings and help and read them well
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by nazzyon(m): 9:48pm On May 18, 2008
@ Dragnet

It is possible.

I have also tried it, once have seeing it on Quadcore PC. It worked well on mine too.

But whenever I am scanning for Virus it usually detects each other as an infected file.

Due to this I decided to wipe out most of the security features but left the Windows Firewall running. So, whenever I have infection, I will remove it but when I can't figure out how to; that is when I go for Anti Viruses or Anti Spywares.

After removal I will uninstall the Anti-Virus.
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by mamaput(f): 9:53pm On May 18, 2008
mein always asks me if i want to allow the file comming up in form of a pop up.
the toolbar (up of the monotor ) lets me do this. allow script.
but i do not know were the poster got his anti virus from . did he buy it or download it, and is it compatable for his system.
vista and xp for example do not use the same soft ware,
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by dragnet: 10:19pm On May 18, 2008
I've actually been running my system without antivirus . .all I use is windows firewall & ccleaner . .bt I got kaspky waitn to be instald ,bt accordn to d poster's plight, shuld I rethink?
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by nazzyon(m): 10:34pm On May 18, 2008
Just uninstall the Anti Virus.

And get some of them free once.

Or

you can stick with Comodo Firewall.

And use a good anti Spyware,              e.g Malwarebytes' Anti Malware, Spyware Terminator

They are both free and good but Spyware Terminator is better.

Spyware Terminator updates for free and if you don't want to trouble yourself use Avast And install one of those two  Anti spywares.

OR

You may Search for AVG 8.0 on this forum, I posted a link.

Don't worry it is free.

Below is also a good online Virus Scanner.

http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/

Copy and paste the link in the address bar of your browser

Follow the steps.

It is very good at what it does.
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by TmeD0(m): 8:15pm On May 19, 2008
@ poster, uninstall Kaspersky (hope you never pay for am o) and install one of these free anti-virus   (well, only the first 5 are free--no look AVG) o jare.  Personally, I'd recommend Antivir because it has never failed and by the way, it auto-updates almost nearly everyday.  Speaking of free, na who dey talk say malwarebyte free.  It's free to try but eventually you'd have to purchase the license.  Abeg, make una no mislead pipul for hia jare.  And if I hear AVG for this place again, walahi, I go yamutu somebody for hia o.   grin  Peace!
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by oineoma(m): 9:19pm On May 19, 2008
Guys thanks o, Think i'll uninstall it after e don finish to kill wetin e de kill, u wont beliv de thin even turned off my firewall durin installation.haba!
@t, i've paid for it o, maybe i shud just open a new thread titled 'kapasky for sale,
@drag, Guy its been long o, missed u plenty and de other craze men for phone?, hey, i sold that chinese phone and i got me that 2626, See u around,
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by dragnet: 10:42pm On May 19, 2008
oineoma, yeah its been a while now wink . . .craze men? . . .hehehe
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by TmeD0(m): 10:48pm On May 19, 2008
oineoma:

@t, i've paid for it o, maybe i should just open a new thread titled 'kapasky for sale,

Lol!  grin Hey, it's worth trying---ya never know.  Good luck though.  Peace!
Re: Help With Anti Virus: by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 20, 2008
oineoma:

Somebody help, I installed kapasky on my system and de thing is givin me hell, Wont let of load any thing, E just de shout and it slows my system down, Do you guys think i should go for norton? Am considerin it,

for me it's always been kaspersky for life, this story wey i dey hear no make me happy at all. from experience i suspect you're using it with another anti virus, like Jehovah Kaspersky is a jealous God, it demands your all not a part, no sharing!

(1) (Reply)

Please Help: My Laptop Does Not 'see' Removable Media Except Cds / NITDA Organises ICT Youth Empowerment Scheme (YES) 2012 / Free N500 Voucher @martng.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.