Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow (12019 Views)

9 Soldiers Pay Fine, For Using BRT Lane..... / NAF Hospital For Boko Haram Victims Commences Operations In Borno (photos) / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by hollandis(f): 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
they keep copying the white men in only thinge that will benefir them...can't they copy oyinbo in ensuring goood road...water supply ..jobs ..uselesss state govt thieves

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by hollandis(f): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
they keep copying the white man in only things that will benefit them financially ...can't they copy oyinbo in ensuring good road...water supply ..jobs ..uselesss state govt thieves...just one trip abroad and then they start copying..copycats...mtchewwwwwww angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by bknight: 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
They shld also look into keeping those buses clean undecided
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by mapet: 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
Oga,

You're confusing things. BRT is the scheme, Lagbus is a coy on the scheme

I think you mean the red and the blue buses..............

ossai sly: We are waiting to see how effective these modernized molue will advance its operation . But as far as am concerned, BRT is a failing project! Only Lag bus is more effective .
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by mapet: 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
1. The blue LAGBUS was a concession between throwing the old "molue" drivers on the streets after stripping them of their molue operations and the BRT scheme.
2. Give it to these guys, they have experience, especially transporting crowd, otherwise, the Red Buses would have been no luxury we see today
3. We are seeing the consequences of "CHANGE". It will take a little while for things to take the ideal situation
4. On the BRT scheme, we need to evolve. Results will not happen in a day. The new card scheme that is about to be introduced is a welcome development. If you knew the amount of 20naira multiplied by the number of people that are forced to "forget" their balance payment to the paper ticket vendors......
5. We need to develop other arms of the society to support the scheme. LAMATA cannot enforce a defined operating standard that continually impact on cost, yet Lagosians will not be willing to pay the price. If LAMATA enforces some standard, cost of Blue bus from Mile12-TBS will be about 500naira
6. That is why LAMATA should partner with the Lagos-Coshcaris Automobile skill institution to specifically train automechanics to cover the gap in maintenance of BRT buses
7. I totally agree that we must look into some simple things - torn upholstery, loose door bolts, buses not cleaned before starting the day are simple things that should be taken care of and not embarrass the public with
geeez:
If I was BRF, I will auction all the LAGBUS owned buses to private operators and get LAMATA to define standards for operations of the buses from aesthetics to minimum standards for functionality
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by abedoyin: 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
This is a path to development...Nice one.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by cecegorz(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tolexander: Nice move!

Think i need hacking the site to gat these for free.
Everybody just dey claim hacker. Even person wey no fit hack into an old woman's pot of soup.
You don't announce your intent to hack. Just go in and hoist your signature first, the rest will be history.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by SpicyMimi(f): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
Wooooooow!!! N20? Like seriously
Some pple will dump their cars!

Eko o ni baje o! O baje ti grin i sound silly with this slang! grin
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by ignis: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
Nice development...
Lagos is really working...

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by naptu2: 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
The Trade Union Congress (TUC) was a very good franchisee on the Lekki route. They were more efficient and their buses were cleaner than Lagbuses. I wonder why they stopped.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by naptu2: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
django1: Where's Naptu to come and explain to us how this will work

[size=14pt]Lagosians To Pay N20 For BRT?[/size]

08.07.2013, 10:36 Local

Lagos State Government through the state Metropolitan Area Transport Authority, LAMATA, regulator of the Bus Rapid Transit, BRT, will from tomorrow commence the use of e-ticketing payment as part of ongoing re-structuring of BRT's operations and management aimed at enhancing effectiveness.

Disclosing this at the weekend, Managing Director, LAMATA, Dr. Dayo Mobereola, said the measure was part of a holistic plan at returning the BRT operations and experience to its once efficient and effective state when it was first launched in 2008.

Mobereola said the Lagos State Government was not unaware of the challenges that commuters using the current BRT system were experiencing, explaining that steps were currently being taken to ensure the restoration of efficient and effective service delivery on the system and increase its capacity.

According to him, the e-ticketing payment was a solution through a payment card named 'Lagos Connect,' and would offer commuters several options, saying, "with the e-payment system,Lagos Connect, commuters in Lagos will pay as low as N20 per trip instead of N70. They would not need to struggle for change or lose their money, and the system is safe and convenient.

Addressing the stakeholders which included commuters, dealers, management of the sponsoring organisations - Skye Bank, Eco Bank; staff and management of E-Purse, operators of BRT and Bus Franchise Scheme (BFS) and the media, Dr. Mobereola explained that the e-ticketing platform was scalable disclosing that it would be extended to rail services when the rail project is completed.

Deputy Director of Public Transport/Bus Services, LAMATA, Dr. Desmond Amiegbebhor, while giving an overview of the e-ticketing pilot phase/implementation plans said the provision and implementation of an e-ticketing system is the suggested solution to the challenges associated with the present paper/manual ticketing system.

Explaining the concept of e-ticketing, Amiegbebhor said the system is a global fare payment technology embraced by all significant transport organisation and bus operating company in the developed countries of the world including BRT implementing nations such as Transmilenio in Bogota, Columbia; Curitiba in Brazil; and Ahmadabad in India. He said the application of the e-ticketing system has been proven to be a success in these countries.

After series of meetings, deliberations and consultations with the various strategic stakeholders, he said the conclusion was made that the BRT and BFS schemes have the capacity to embrace the e-ticketing system.

On the implementation plans, Amiegbebhor said the e-ticketing system will be implemented on BRT: Mile 12 - CMS and BFS: Maryland - Ikotun/Iyana Ipaja/Igando corridor as the system will provide opportunity for service integration between BRT and BFS.

Speaking further, he said the new system will various advantages to commuters, operators and all other stakeholders involved.

For the commuters, the new ticketing system would shortened transaction times at the various terminal and bus-stops, reduce cash handling for commuters, create opportunity for discounted bus fares, provide avenue for transport budget for regular users and create a feel for automated fare system.

For the operators, the system would reduce cash pilferage, checkmate ticket recycling and fake ticket, reduce the volume of paper tickets on hands by bus officer, and create operational decorum during boarding and alighting.

[b]Under the pilot implementation phase, 30 BRT and 10 BRF buses have been installed with the e-ticketing validators while 150 test personnel across regular users of both schemes have been selected through random sampling. The selected test personnel spread across civil servants, students, market women, media and monitoring team of LAMATA among others.

To further broaden the pilot scheme, selected commuters were also given empty smart cards and questionnaires to participate in the implementation.

Dr. Amiegbebhor further explained what that they are expected to do: load their card at the various terminal and shelters with designated vendor with hand held machines; check out for buses with e-ticketing pilot test stickers for boarding, tap in while boarding and tap out as soon as the journey is completed, fill the respective questionnaires and revert to the designated LAMATA officers at the various terminal/ bus stops for collation.

The submitted questionnaire is expected to be reviewed and analysed weekly by LAMATA and E-Purse for system updating.[/b]
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by mkoabiola: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
If d woman selling tomatoes,okirika or groundnut understand E connect ,carry go.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by DisGuy: 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
django1: Where's Naptu to come and explain to us how this will work

You trust Senior Naptu to explain lag government scheme intoto dont ya?! grin

he makes vanguard journalists and teh rest look lazy and incompetent
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by phemi01(m): 7:26am On Jul 09, 2013
Absolute crap
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by anonimi: 9:07am On Jul 09, 2013
hollandis: they keep copying the white man in only things that will benefit them financially ...can't they copy oyinbo in ensuring good road...water supply ..jobs ..uselesss state govt thieves...just one trip abroad and then they start copying..copycats...mtchewwwwwww angry undecided

This is exactly what someone of us have been telling the ACN lap dogs singing Fashola and the other governors' praise:

You do not build a house from the roof downwards EXCEPT you are

* Foolish and/or
* Crazy

A wise man, such as Awolowo and the UPN governors, will start from the foundation.

That foundation is quality, free & COMPULSORY education for all children.
Anything short of that will lead to gradual but certain deterioration, due to lack of maintenance and back up HUMAN CAPITAL and complementary attitude, of all the shine shine toy-like infrastructures that we are always celebrating.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by upuphim(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2013
I don't think Lagosians are complaining of the fare being charged. What we users need are:

1. Availability of the buses with 5minutes turn around time at Bus stops
2. Sustained maintenance culture for both buses and the BRT lanes/corridor
3. closing and opening time enforcement. It is bad not finding BRT buses by 6am and 9.30pm at Race course.

My candid view is that the current charges should be maintained to provide entirely new buses for outfit and road maintenance.

Meanwhile, when will Area Boys that cause hike in transport fares in Lagos for commercial buses be chased away. I don't want to believe that BRF gets a cut from their extortion.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by DisGuy: 11:27am On Jul 09, 2013
i think it's about time, the operators of the bus service speak up or make annoiuncement for their service
it's very difficult to understand who to put quetsions to the government or Lamata/lagbus
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by sucess001(m): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
Anoda brainless move.

Wat bout d market women and artisans who know nothing about electronic payments?

Even d CBN now appreciates d challenges of implementing a cashless policy in nigeria in view of d. Literacy level...now Lagos wants to start...gud luck!
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
Not trying to be pessimistic but ehm, this won't last.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by DisGuy: 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
sucess001: Anoda brainless move.

Wat bout d market women and artisans who know nothing about electronic payments?

Even d CBN now appreciates d challenges of implementing a cashless policy in nigeria in view of d. Literacy level...now Lagos wants to start...gud luck!

its just a card you top up with cash--- thats as electronic as it get with the market women,

shes not doing any abracadabra with a phone or email- the vendors will be there to collect cash for pass
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by mastersr95(m): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Dis Guy:

its just a card you top up with cash--- thats as electronic as it get with the market women,

shes not doing any abracadabra with a phone or email- the vendors will be there to collect cash for pass

Leave him he doesnt understand simple thing... The Government are initiating something thats gonna make life a little easy for the people and his there ccomplaining. (look at backward thinking)
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by sucess001(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2013
mastersr95:

Leave him he doesnt understand simple thing... The Government are initiating something thats gonna make life a little easy for the people and his there ccomplaining. (look at backward thinking)

I am gettin used to pple spewin arguments on NL like brainless mamals so I understand d comment above.

Do you not realise that even market women struggle to use ATM cards?

Its not goin to make tins easier...@ least not for the illeterate ones.

PHCN has started a similar paying system and all d elderly pple and illeterates I ve come across all complain bout it. Its so difficult that they have to pay extra 100 for a young man to assist them in paying.

Tryin to adopt a 'fanciful' idea isn't d way out...its choosing wat works for u...

You don't adopt policies dt work in countries with a literacy levvel 10 times better dan urs. That is d backward thinkin I see here.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by mapet: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
.....Look at the mirror for the brainless.......

The E-ticketing system had been on trial on the red buses for over 3-4years running on some routes and the so called market women use it. A simple swipe and your fees are automatically deducted is not rocket science.

I can understand you've confined possibilities in a can in your world hence attempt to make things easier looks difficult for you. Don't worry, they'll survive; people said worse, yet "market women" use cell phones today....
sucess001:

I am gettin used to pple spewin arguments on NL like brainless mamals so I understand d comment above.

PHCN has started a similar paying system and all d elderly pple and illeterates I ve come across all complain bout it. Its so difficult that they have to pay extra 100 for a young man to assist them in paying.

Tryin to adopt a 'fanciful' idea isn't d way out...its choosing wat works for u...

You don't adopt policies dt work in countries with a literacy levvel 10 times better dan urs. That is d backward thinkin I see here.

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by sucess001(m): 6:13am On Jul 14, 2013
mapet: .....Look at the mirror for the brainless.......

The E-ticketing system had been on trial on the red buses for over 3-4years running on some routes and the so called market women use it. A simple swipe and your fees are automatically deducted is not rocket science.

I can understand you've confined possibilities in a can in your world hence attempt to make things easier looks difficult for you. Don't worry, they'll survive; people said worse, yet "market women" use cell phones today....

And how did you come about this info if not dat ur a low life govt beneficiary and apologist!

Oga park well..until we have someone who uses it and can attests to its easy use...all u re sayin is just propaganda by govt or d lag buses.

Until recently, due to my route,i used d red buses to go to wrk and I can tell u their so disorganized and inneficient dt I had to start usin regular commercial buses.

Talk from experience...dnt just postulate...

Btw, does govt pay u to insult pple onn NL? Cos u suck @ d pretentiou PR job u doin for govt...

Senseless goat!
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by mastersr95(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
sucess001:

God have mercy on the new generation of Nigerians, We talking about how this is going to make easy for majority of Lagosians you are saying market woman wont understand it (who are not even upto 5% of population of lagos) i shake my head for you. and you still bring mediocrity on public forum, arguing like you know what you talking about.

I'm sure its people like you that will go abroad and see white people using this kind of system and starts crying Nigeria can never do this kind of thing. How would Nigeria do that kind of thing when you are against an innovation that will make life easy for 95% of Lagosian and even the future generation when you are complaining that market woman that are less than 5% of the population of Lagos wont understand it.

Now i understand why we have alot of clueless leaders in Nigeria cuz when people like you are ask to lead, your rigid point of view would not let you think about something great if you still dont see the benefit and greatness in the E-ticket system.

I'm pretty sure your standard of living is below Middle Class, pls don't pass this mentally to your kids. Coz in Nigeria right now, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. If your kids grow up with this same point of view as yours, ONLY GOD CAN SAVE THEIR SOUL.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by mapet: 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2013
You are simply a brainless buffoon, struggling to make sense and doing a pretty bad job at it. You may impress your gutter IQ folks with comic rants, but trying to sound like an intellectual is simply way off your league, worse still being one.

I cannot but marvel at your lies. Which red bus route do you ply that they are disorganized. My friend you're a big fat liar. I bought E-card from the red bus route close to @old leventis, close to UBA house, TWO years ago. It had been in trial as far back as then. The rough estimates of people using the e-ticket on that route is closer to 60%. Bloody Liar. Which red bus route have you plied that is disorganized? Berger?, old leventis?,CMS?, TBS? Ajah? You are a bloody liar and ur credibility is zero. Just stick to the danfo and "kabukabu -free drops" as it seems youre not cut out to appreciate the value offerins of a decent society.

Meanwhile get a fact right, was I to be doing a PR job for some one, I'll feel challenged if I'm in duel with a match. IQ scale 1-10, you're not even pushing 1

sucess001:

And how did you come about this info if not dat ur a low life govt beneficiary and apologist!

Oga park well..until we have someone who uses it and can attests to its easy use...all u re sayin is just propaganda by govt or d lag buses.

Until recently, due to my route,i used d red buses to go to wrk and I can tell u their so disorganized and inneficient dt I had to start usin regular commercial buses.

Talk from experience...dnt just postulate...

Btw, does govt pay u to insult pple onn NL? Cos u suck @ d pretentiou PR job u doin for govt...

Senseless goat!
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by colef6: 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Am nt sayin dy hv done d best, or not, bt if sum1 can copy d oyinbo, & try it out & it works, he/she has tried, compaired to dos who just sit on d funds 4 dir selfish needs.
Although d basic needs r left out, which serves as d foundation to everytin.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by DisGuy: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2015
any updates?

(1) (2) (Reply)

You’re Not Elected To Complain Of Ex-leaders, CAN Tells Buhari / Nigeria To Recover £200 Million From America - Malami (Video) / EXCLUSIVE: How Agency Headed By Buhari’s In-law Is Violating Nigeria’s Procureme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.