Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,630 members, 7,955,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:06 PM

2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. (1185 Views)

IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Buhari Meets With Northern Traditional Rulers At Aso Villa / "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
As the nation prepares for the next poll, a strong indication emerged on Monday that key northern traditional rulers, who spearheaded the emergence of President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011, were not readyto back his re-election in 2015.
The anger of the natural rulers, Vanguard learnt, stems from what they see as a spirited attempt by the Presidency to deny an agreement, which Jonathan allegedly entered into with them before they gave their nod to his election in 2011.
A northern governor, who spoke to Vanguard on condition of anonymity on Sunday, pointed out that there was an unwritten understanding between the President and the northern rulers that he would not stay in office beyond 2015, if given the support to complete Yar’Adua’s tenure and run for a term offour years.
The governor said that it was wrong for those, who did not k ow what took place between the President and the north to begin to whip up political sentiments into a gentleman’s agreement, which he said must be respected.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/2015-why-northern-traditional-rulers-wont-back-jonathan/
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by dgitrader(m): 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
You mean hausa-fulani leaders right? He doesn't need them. What he needs is to boldly continue the transformation agenda, and let the entire electorate decide.

1 Like

Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
Go tell your jihadist masters that Gudluck doesnt need them for second tenure.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^ all u two dunces, edit ur posts, it reeks of this same arrogance that makes u lost the civil war!!!

Be realistic jes for once!! Does the SE/SS, makes up 36 states of Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by enny5: 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
Truth be told, Nigerians are now more enlightened. Gone are the days when uneducated abbokis will sit in the north and decide who d next president would be. I dont support jonathan anyways but the northern leaders have no huge impact on who is president anymore. not after their boko haram show for the past few years. They are just simply irrelevant. we have properlly educated, competent & peaceful individuals who have the rights to run and be voted for. So the northern abokis or leaders or wateva dey call demselves can do wat eva dey lik. we dont care. THEY ARE JUST TOO IRRELEVANT. They have the rights to vote and be voted for like every other free living nigerian. Nothing more.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by enny5: 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ^^ all u two dunces, edit ur posts, it reeks of this same arrogance that makes u lost the civil war!!!

No they dont and that is our point exactly. The north is just a fraction of nigeria, lik the SE/SW and if you take a good look at ur nigerian map, you would realize the size of the north and how irrelevant the backing of the northern leaders is. We dont need it. They should back themselves up.

3 Likes

Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by dgitrader(m): 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ^^ all u two dunces, edit ur posts, it reeks of this same arrogance that makes u lost the civil war!!!

Dont reason like a Fool! Emancipate urself from mental slavery. After 4 decades of their misrule, ignorance and cowardies is still ravaging ur generation. Slave!
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by idumuose(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
I am laughing in swahili.Things hv changed.Northern emirs
Wake up!wake up!the middle belt said they are no longer
Part of the north.Benue,Taraba,plateau,Nasarawwa,kogi,parts
Of Niger,kwara state wil vote for Jonathan if he decides to
Contest again.The whole of SE and SS and of course Lagos and
Ondo will cast their votes for GEJ.The north has been polarised.
The monolithic north is no longer wht it used to be.The cookie
has crumbled.I am now laughing in bachama language in Adamawa
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by dayokanu(m): 8:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
dgitrader:

Dont reason like a Fool! Emancipate urself from mental slavery. After 4 decades of their misrule, ignorance and cowardies is still ravaging ur generation. Slave!

Who had 4 decades of misrule

I thought Gowon 9yrs, IBB 8yrs Abdulsalam 1yr = 18 yrs all Middle belt

OBJ 3 + 8 = 11 yrs Yoruba
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by mensdept: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
Those "natural" rulers are nothing but bedsheet strapping clowns that think they are Arab. Yet the Arabs each Hajj are dealing more and more ruthlessly with them because even they know they are jokers.

Why couldnt the "natural" leaders find a solution to Boko Haram, or come out and apologize for supporting all those Military boys that ruined our future, from Gowon the British errand boy to Abacha?

WHy couldnt the "natural" leaders support the call to remove amnesty abi immunity from governors, or back state police, or national conference, or even voter ID?

Nonsense
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by enny5: 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
Exactly all these 'arabs wannabes' in the north. mstweee
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by sexkilzaphull: 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Who had 4 decades of misrule

I thought Gowon 9yrs, IBB 8yrs Abdulsalam 1yr = 18 yrs all Middle belt

OBJ 3 + 8 = 11 yrs Yoruba

That doesn't add up to 4 decades! I think these people have been spanked upside their heads, maybe by the war, they are permanently impaired from logical and mathematical reasoning! LWKMD grin grin
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by mgbeketoto: 1:01am On Jul 09, 2013
Very good news!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NORTHERNERS! GO! cool
Let us see if the NORTHERN GOVERNORS FORUM WILL REJECT GEJ'S GHANA MUST GO BAGS! grin
2014 go sweeeeeeeeeeet gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!! grin
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 09, 2013
enny5:

No they dont and that is our point exactly. The north is just a fraction of nigeria, lik the SE/SW and if you take a good look at ur nigerian map, you would realize the size of the north and how irrelevant the backing of the northern leaders is. We dont need it. They should back themselves up.
Do you know what it takes to win a presidential election in nigeria? The candidate with the highest number of votes is not just declared the winner. He has to win a 2/3 of states plus the fct. Now tell me how he can win without support from the north? Please do the maths and explain how he can make it with the north out of the equation.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by abu12: 6:26am On Jul 09, 2013
enny5: Truth be told, Nigerians are now more enlightened. Gone are the days when uneducated abbokis will sit in the north and decide who d next president would be. I dont support jonathan anyways but the northern leaders have no huge impact on who is president anymore. not after their boko haram show for the past few years. They are just simply irrelevant. we have properlly educated, competent & peaceful individuals who have the rights to run and be voted for. So the northern abokis or leaders or wateva dey call demselves can do wat eva dey lik. we dont care. THEY ARE JUST TOO IRRELEVANT. They have the rights to vote and be voted for like every other free living nigerian. Nothing more.

Keep your Sermon

In 1999 their was no election but rigging by the governors and the traditional rulers

In 2003 their was no election but rigging by the governors and the traditional rulers

In 2007 their was no election but rigging by the governors and the traditional rulers

In 2011 their was no election but rigging by the governors and the traditional rulers

GEJ just have to win back the confident of those state governors and their traditional leaders back, because they and few uneducated populace decide not the majority of populace. your vote as never count and it won't count come 2015. The few will always decide in nigeria politics
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by Sealeddeal(m): 6:31am On Jul 09, 2013
enigma_otr:
Do you know what it takes to win a presidential election in nigeria? The candidate with the highest number of votes is not just declared the winner. He has to win a 2/3 of states plus the fct. Now tell me how he can win without support from the north? Please do the maths and explain how he can make it with the north out of the equation.
that is not what electoral law said. The President according to electoral law is suppose to get atleast 25percent vote from 2/3 of the states of the federation and if GEJ will lose in Katsina,Kano or Sokoto,he can still get away with 25percent vote from those area while using block vote from MB,SE,SS and SW to deal ruthlessly with any northern candidate.

1 Like

Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by tsalam: 6:39am On Jul 09, 2013
idumuose: I am laughing in swahili.Things hv changed.Northern emirs
Wake up!wake up!the middle belt said they are no longer
Part of the north.Benue,Taraba,plateau,Nasarawwa,kogi,parts
Of Niger,kwara state wil vote for Jonathan if he decides to
Contest again.The whole of SE and SS and of course Lagos and
Ondo will cast their votes for GEJ.The north has been polarised.
The monolithic north is no longer wht it used to be.The cookie
has crumbled.I am now laughing in bachama language in Adamawa

take nasarraw, kogi, and kwara out of your list.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 09, 2013

And what is wrong with their posts, are hausa-fulani and their jagajagabrabra slaves down south the only ones that make up the whole of Nigeria, forget antiquated brown toothed northern elders...the Northern youths and middle belters know better. They are the ones to enjoy education, security(boko don surrender), and sure p jobs. Stop wallowing in your idiocy.

2 Likes

Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam:

take nasarraw, kogi, and kwara out of your list.

You forget to add Niger on the list.And for those of u that say he don't need the emires,u guys keep lying to urselves.Where did gej get the 25% vote in kano,sokoto,katsina,kebbi and niger?Do u think ppl there have any iota of love for that fool.U guys are too arogant.Stop trying to joine the middle belt with u guys,we are not brain dead like u zombies.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by enny5: 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
Sealeddeal: that is not what electoral law said. The President according to electoral law is suppose to get atleast 25percent vote from 2/3 of the states of the federation and if GEJ will lose in Katsina,Kano or Sokoto,he can still get away with 25percent vote from those area while using block vote from MB,SE,SS and SW to deal ruthlessly with any northern candidate.

Tank u. Exactly my point
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by enny5: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
enigma_otr:

Yes i do and am telling you dat any1 can run and win without the support of the north. If u dont support, nobody cares. the candidate would only loose 25percent of the countrys vote. all he needs is more than 50percent of the remaining states. so 1ce again u r irrelevant
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by enny5: 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish:
You forget to add Niger on the list.And for those of u that say he don't need the emires,u guys keep lying to urselves.Where did gej get the 25% vote in kano,sokoto,katsina,kebbi and niger?Do u think ppl there have any iota of love for that fool.U guys are too arogant.Stop trying to joine the middle belt with u guys,we are not brain dead like u zombies.

Thank you. they are always tryin to force pple to join their blind course. u guys now only have 25 percent of the votes now that d middle belt no longer votes with u guys. U pple should go and sleep pls. Brain dead wannabee arabs.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by enny5: 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
abu12:

Keep your Sermon

In 1999 their was no election but rigging by the governors and the traditional rulers

In 2003 their was no election but rigging by the governors and the traditional rulers

In 2007 their was no election but rigging by the governors and the traditional rulers

In 2011 their was no election but rigging by the governors and the traditional rulers

GEJ just have to win back the confident of those state governors and their traditional leaders back, because they and few uneducated populace decide not the majority of populace. your vote as never count and it won't count come 2015. The few will always decide in nigeria politics

And i am telling u now that 2015, we dont need the north for anytin. You guys got away with it bcoz u had d largest states and d fulanis in the north where not educated enuf to vote for who dey wanted. they just followed their illiterate leaders blindly. now, look around. after ur yrs of terror and killing, u fink nigerians would allow u make dat kind of important decision? even if d middle belt was still with u guys self. we would av fought for our lives. mstweeeeeee. u pple fink u can do wat u want in nigeria. Now der is ramadan u guys r doin fake peace treaty. u r irrelevant. get used.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
Yoruba-Ah!-Ye!:
And what is wrong with their posts, are hausa-fulani and their jagajagabrabra slaves down south the only ones that make up the whole of Nigeria, forget antiquated brown toothed northern elders...the Northern youths and middle belters know better. They are the ones to enjoy education, security(boko don surrender), and sure p jobs. Stop wallowing in your idiocy.
Sorry, the youth don't ever decide the outcomes of any election in Nigeria.The president is clueless and to make matters worst, he's making enemies all around. As for me and my household, we wont vote for a president who doesn't 'give a damn', if we must vote at all.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
enny5:

Yes i do and am telling you dat any1 can run and win without the support of the north. If u dont support, nobody cares. the candidate would only loose 25percent of the countrys vote. all he needs is more than 50percent of the remaining states. so 1ce again u r irrelevant
I'm not a northerner, but I wont vote Jonathan just because he's a southerner and a christian. I don't know of any other states, but he can't even win 20% in my state.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
enny5:

The North west and South west alone accounts for half the total number of voters in the country. I hope you know that? 18million voters from the north-west alone is approximately 27% of the 65million voters.. Do your maths.
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by enny5: 3:25am On Jul 12, 2013
enigma_otr:
The North west and South west alone accounts for half the total number of voters in the country. I hope you know that? 18million voters from the north-west alone is approximately 27% of the 65million voters.. Do your maths.

U r irrelevant. Move on
Re: 2015:why Northern Traditional Leaders Wont Back Jonathan. by enny5: 3:26am On Jul 12, 2013
enigma_otr:
Am nnot necessarily voting gej. Just telling d north dat dey av no say

(1) (Reply)

Mayhem In Rivers State House Assembly! Shame! / Nigeria-south Africa Relations: Beyond Rivalry To Stronger Ties / Abducted Chibok Girls Join Abuja Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.