Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Any News On when we are to start Fasting? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Any News On when we are to start Fasting? (19414 Views)

Medical Advice On Fasting. I Pray It Helps. / The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by maclatunji: 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
Professor Ishaq Oloyede, Secretary General of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs has confirmed that there was no news of moonsighting in Nigeria today. Consequently, Ramadan begins in Nigeria on Wednesday, July 10, 2013.

This pronouncement was made on NTA Network News at 9.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by maclatunji: 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
tintingz: Our imam have confirmed it, fasting starts tomorrow

Your Imam is totally wrong.

1 Like

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by kasheemawo(m): 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
Emir of ilorin has confirmed that Ramadan Starts on Wednesday on his Facebook page
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by ibscrib: 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by yetunsbay(m): 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
olawalebabs: Prof Oloyede just confirm it, wednesday is Ramadan 1st.
nope only saw news scroll on nta to luk out for moon
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Tczar(m): 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
We av observed our tarawey here in ogbomoso,bt am nt sure wether d imam confirm d seachin of d moon b4 we observe it.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by tintingz(m): 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
deols:

where is your Imam. Do you realise that what your Imam says applies to only those of you who are his congregation? that is why I am asking you to state where you are.

That he sighted the moon or saw someone who did is even irrelevant but I'd like to know please.
Reporting from Lagos, we are starting tomorrow
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
annoymous:

Shouldn't the Sultan be making a broadcast on this? Lets be patient. I'm in Ogun state too and went to the mosque and met them already praying Taraweeh only for the Imam to cut it short that the moon had not been sighted.

what about the Chief Imam of Abeokuta. If he doesnt make any announcement, listen for the Sultan's
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
maclatunji:

You cant say that an Imam is wrong. That is the message we have been trying to pass all thr while.

Thr right thing is to follow what your local authorities say. There is nothing like an Imam is wrong.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Najyin(m): 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
Let's stop deceiving ourselves. Is there more than 30 days in any Islamic month ? The first day of Shaban was sighted on the 9th of July,2013 in Katsina state. So if you don't fast tomao, you've 1 more obligatory fast to complete it. You can quote me wrong. Nigerians love fasting for only 29 days. Which is wrong !
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
tintingz: Reporting from Lagos, we are starting tomorrow

You should be specific. Is your messg from the Chief Imam of Lagos or your ratibi mosque Imam?

what are you hiding sef angry grin
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Woleleye(m): 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
In the Southwest, Nigeria, the Grand Imam for southwest including Edo and Delta Sheikh Ajisafe has declared tomorrow Tuesday as 1st Ramadan. The first Tarawiy prayers were observed tonight in the area. However, Islam Channel and Iqra tv declared Wednesday as 1st Ramadan.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Najyin: Let's stop deceiving ourselves. Is there more than 30 days in any Islamic month ? The first day of Shaban was sighted on the 9th of July,2013 in Katsina state. So if you don't fast tomao, you've 1 more obligatory fast to complete it. You can quote me wrong. Nigerians love fasting for only 29 days. Which is wrong !

Are you a scholar?

There is a big problem with some people thinking they are wiser than others.

Even at the time of the prophet, there are reported instances of people starting on different days and even the Prophet(S.A.W) didnt talk arrogantly about anyone deceiving themselves.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by tintingz(m): 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
maclatunji:

I will not argue that with you tongue grin
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by mu2sa2: 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
Chiefupper: live from ilorin,nothing yet but some mosques observed taraweeh and people are getting prepare as our king can come out with his sirene cars and announce that the moon has been sighted that fasting starts tomorrow,so let's keep our finger crossed till 2 pm tomorrow morning
Sultan is the only emir that announces commencement of Ramadan in the north. If the moon crescent is sighted in ilorin or anywhere else in the north the news is normally relayed to the sultan who, after confirmation, makes the announcement.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
yetunsbay: OSUN STATE...announced by President League of Imams and Alfas South West,Edo,Delta

If you are in any of these states, the best thing is to follow what is said there. Start with them on the 9th and end when they declare it
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Cabsso(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
Accordin 2d islamic calenda 2day bin d 29th of shaban n 2maro 1st of ramadan so peeps get set 4d gr8 month cos fastin is startin 2maro.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by yetunsbay(m): 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
tmrrw in shaa Allah
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tczar: We av observed our tarawey here in ogbomoso,bt am nt sure wether d imam confirm d seachin of d moon b4 we observe it.

confirm please and join the Imam when they start.

If no confirmation, prepare to fast and continue or break it depending on what is happening in your area tomorrow.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by kkkp: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
Pls it is wednesday frm islamic council
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
mu2sa2: Sultan is the only emir that announces commencement of Ramadan in the north. If the moon crescent is sighted in ilorin or anywhere else in the north the news is normally relayed to the sultan who, after confirmation, makes the announcement.

The sultan has made the announcement. The emir is reported to have made his own via Facebook.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by ehvez(m): 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
obajemj: Please anyone with valid information on fasting should update us.

Please tell us when you hear that the moon has been sighted.

Everyone would have to listen to their own local authorities even when the moon is sighted elsewhere.

Let us know how it is anywhere you are so that people in your locality can be aware.
ramadhan is starting 2mrw in 27 country in africa including nigeria go to www.makkahcalendar.org for confirmation
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by 4djustnation: 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
Salaam brothers and sisters, my brother just informed me that Sultan has annouced on NTA that the moon was not sighted today. It therefore means that Ramadhan will commence on Weds 10 July since today is the 29th of Shaaban.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
It appears that the majority from South West Nigeria are starting tomorrow while the Northerners will start the day after it.

I am hopeful that in the future, there will be a common ground to allow for the standardisation of moon sighting in Nigeria.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by tintingz(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
deols:

You should be specific. Is your messg from the Chief Imam of Lagos or your ratibi mosque Imam?

what are you hiding sef angry grin
Naah, not the chief imam of Lagos... na the imam wey dey for my area mosque gan gan anounced it that fasting starts tomorrow and almost every mosque in my area are praying tarawih.

Reporting live from Lagos smiley
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by emdee01: 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
maclatunji:

, they had announce that we will take ashamun on tomorrow while fasting will start on wednesday
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by yetunsbay(m): 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
Almighty Allah knws bst
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by maclatunji: 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
yetunsbay: nope only saw news scroll on nta to luk out for moon

The NTA graphics department is not uptodate. @Olawalebabs is right.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by yetunsbay(m): 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
if u re in south west,edo,delta fast 2mrrw.taraweeh hs bin observed here in Osun.Almighty Allah knws bst
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
tintingz: Naah, not the chief imam of Lagos... na the imam wey dey for our area mosque gan gan anounced it that fasting starts tomorrow and almost every mosque in my area are praying tarawih.

Reporting live from Lagos smiley

alright.

It is most likely the case in the whole of the south West.

I just spoke wv my peeps in Ibadan telling them to listen to the Chief Imam of Ibadan land, Alhaji Busari Suarau Haruna the 111 undecided
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
deols: It appears that the majority from South West Nigeria are starting tomorrow while the Northerners will start the day after it.

I am hopeful that in the future, there will be a common ground to allow for the standardisation of moon sighting in Nigeria.

I don't see any justification for fasting tomorrow in the south west especially since SCIA has announced that the moon has not been sighted anywhere. Tomorrow, at best, is Yaom ush-Shaq (the day of doubt).
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by ismail012(m): 10:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
yetunsbay: Almighty Allah knws bst
Exactly Bro!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots) / Islamic Talk: / Steps To Avoid Extra-marital Affairs In The Workplace (and Elsewhere)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.